Do You Have a Favorite Gold Designer?

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 11/17/2009 2:44:07 PM
Author: iluvcarats
Hi fellow gold lovers
35.gif

Here is a Cathy Waterman necklace that I got recently. It is 22k gold and platinum, and there is a tiny diamond in each flower.
that is a stunning necklace on you!

iluvcarats

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/17/2009 6:37:45 PM
Author: D&T

Hi fellow gold lovers
35.gif

Here is a Cathy Waterman necklace that I got recently. It is 22k gold and platinum, and there is a tiny diamond in each flower.

Thank you D&T
1.gif

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 11/17/2009 8:34:23 PM

Date: 11/17/2009 6:37:45 PM

Hi fellow gold lovers
35.gif

Thank you D&T
1.gif
HI:

Agreed! Wear it in health!

cheers--Sharon

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Date:
11/17/2009 2:44:07 PM

Here is a Cathy Waterman necklace that I got recently.
It is simply delightful. I gave up all hope of keeping up with you eons ago, but I always admire your taste! As Sharon said, wear it in good health!

Hugs,
AGBF
34.gif

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I''m going to officially say that Sally of Heart of Water (Etsy) is my new favorite gold designer Link

she just did these for me... can''t wait to get them on my fingers
36.gif

scatteredetoiledt.JPG

paisley%20star%20dt.JPG

iluvcarats

Ideal_Rock
Thanks Sharon and Deb! It is very subtle, and I find myself wearing it a lot. I love chokers
1.gif

Sharon - How are things up North? Any snow yet?

Deb - How goes the battle? Is your DD in high school now and looking at colleges?

iluvcarats

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/18/2009 10:08:56 PM
I''m going to officially say that Sally of Heart of Water (Etsy) is my new favorite gold designer Link

she just did these for me... can''t wait to get them on my fingers
36.gif

scatteredetoiledt.JPG

paisley%20star%20dt.JPG
D&T WOW
30.gif
Those are yummy
18.gif
I''ll have to check out Sally.
Looking forward to hand shots! Enjoy!!!

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Sharon, Iluvcarats,
I''m in awe.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 11/19/2009 7:58:54 AM
Thanks Sharon and Deb! It is very subtle, and I find myself wearing it a lot. I love chokers
1.gif

Sharon - How are things up North? Any snow yet?

Deb - How goes the battle? Is your DD in high school now and looking at colleges?
HI:

Welcome!

No, in fact we are enjoying very fine weather for this time of year......I think it was 8C today and clear blue sky! Dry as can be.....no Uggs, yet! And you?

cheers--Sharon

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Date:
11/19/2009 7:58:54 AM

I am thinking of adopting a "don't ask, don't tell" policy ;-). At the moment she is attending her first day of a "partial hospital" program for adolescents with emotional problems. If she continues to attend this for as long as they want her to do so, my life will be changed for the better for the next couple of weeks because she will be there between 8:30 or 9:00 AM and 3:00 PM five days a week. She has needed me 24/7 recently. It has not been a great period...but yes, she is in high school. She is a senior. With luck she will get over her depression and be able to return to school in two to three weeks. Thank you for asking.

AGBF
34.gif

iluvcarats

Ideal_Rock
Sharon - So glad that you are enjoying nice weather. Ours is still quite mild. No Uggs here b/c my daughter keeps stealing them
11.gif

Deb - I am so sorry. I didn''t mean to pry. I am sad to hear of your troubles
7.gif
Depression is so hard. It suffocates. And it is so hard to see someone that you love feel this way. My heart goes out to you all. BIG HUGE (((HUGS))).

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Date:
11/20/2009 4:25:11 PM

Deb - I am so sorry. I didn't mean to pry.
I must have been extremely ungracious if I gave you the impression that I felt you were "prying", my dear, dear friend! I was only making a joke and I have a dry sense of humor. How could a kind, civil question possibly be construed as "prying"? You asked about my daughter's high school and college plans, not about her mental health issues!!! It was I who volunteered information about the latter!! Do you know that I love you (even though you have a lot of jewelry that I covet), iluvcarats?

Major hugs,
Deb/AGBF
34.gif

iluvcarats

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/20/2009 9:34:25 PM
Author: AGBF

Date:
11/20/2009 4:25:11 PM

Deb - I am so sorry. I didn''t mean to pry.

I must have been extremely ungracious if I gave you the impression that I felt you were ''prying'', my dear, dear friend! I was only making a joke and I have a dry sense of humor. How could a kind, civil question possibly be construed as ''prying''? You asked about my daughter''s high school and college plans, not about her mental health issues!!! It was I who volunteered information about the latter!! Do you know that I love you (even though you have a lot of jewelry that I covet), iluvcarats?

Major hugs,

Deb/AGBF

34.gif
Never are you ungracious, my friend. Only always kind. (And funny) I am praying that this facility will be helpful to her and to you. I love you back,and if you lived near me I would share my jewelry with you without the slightest hesitation.

melissacutie

Rough_Rock
i am not really a lover of golds. but it depends on the design of a particular jewelry. there are times that i like a gold jewelry especially when the design is so beautiful. if you are looking for gold jewelries, you may click the link below.

virgoruby

Shiny_Rock
Hi, just wanted to say that my favorite gold designer is Arunashi - his designs are inspired by the rich cultural heritage of Jaipur, India, where he is originally from (he''s now based in the US, I think..). I adore the craftsmanship of his jewelry pieces, though I only own one item.. it''s a 22k gold ring with coral cabochon (& I love it!)

arunashi201209.jpg

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Here''s is my new 24k 3.17 gram ring bought in china. It''s quite detailed, and the color is the most vibrant gold. I can''t say I really see myself wearing it too often, but I like having a piece because it reminds me of home and has such old world charm for me.

IMG6692.JPG

IMG6696.JPG

IMG6701.JPG

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Date:
12/29/2009 7:51:33 PM
Author: MakingTheGrade

Here's is my new 24k 3.17 gram ring bought in china. It's quite detailed, and the color is the most vibrant gold. I can't say I really see myself wearing it too often, but I like having a piece because it reminds me of home and has such old world charm for me.
Thanks for coming over to this thread to post the photos, MakingTheGrade! I absolutely love real 24K gold and the Chinese really do it right! Some of the Turkish vendors selling on eBay have disclaimers stating that their "24K" gold is really "xyz"% gold (as opposed to 99.99% gold) supposedly because of some metal needed for soldering their pieces for strength. There is absolutely no need for soldering in many items they make. It is just a way of covering themselves when it is found that their "24K" gold is not exactly pure!

Wear your ring in good health. If you do not like that ring enough to wear it, buy another! You should have one that you wear! Wearing real gold should make one feel great!

AGBF
34.gif

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Date:
12/20/2009 7:52:41 AM
Author: virgoruby

Hi, just wanted to say that my favorite gold designer is Arunashi - his designs are inspired by the rich cultural heritage of Jaipur, India, where he is originally from (he''s now based in the US, I think..). I adore the craftsmanship of his jewelry pieces, though I only own one item.. it''s a 22k gold ring with coral cabochon (& I love it!)
Thanks for the heads up, virgoruby. Here is a link to the Arunashi website. The jewelry is lovely. I immediately saw a pair of earrings that I would buy if I had the money; but like so much (everything?) in the industry, I see a lot that is derivative from others, in this case from Gurhan and Yossi Harari.

AGBF
34.gif

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Some more 24k gold. This is a fairly heavy piece that was my grandmother''s which she gave to me as a wedding present. You can''t see it in the photos but the rest of the necklace is a gold chain, and right now the piece sits quite low, so I might get it shorted into more of a collar sometime down the line.

IMG6707.JPG

IMG6711.JPG

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Fuzzy handshot for size perspective

IMG6716.JPG

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
MTG, I absolutely love that necklace!!! It is simply incredible!!! You are so lucky to own it. I hope you wear it all the time!!!

Hugs,
Deb/AGBF
34.gif

virgoruby

Shiny_Rock
Date: 12/29/2009 8:21:15 PM
Author: AGBF

Date:
12/20/2009 7:52:41 AM

Author: virgoruby

Thanks for the heads up, virgoruby. Here is a link to the Arunashi website. The jewelry is lovely. I immediately saw a pair of earrings that I would buy if I had the money; but like so much (everything?) in the industry, I see a lot that is derivative from others, in this case from Gurhan and Yossi Harari.

AGBF

34.gif

AGBF, thanks for your kind comments; I''m also a big fan of Gurhan & Yossi Harrari, though unfortunately I do not own any of their pieces as of yet.. ( they''re not very budget friendly..)
I agree that some of Arunashi''s designs share similarity with the other two designers (ie Gurhan & Yossi); however, I believe Arunashi''s jewelry designs are inspired by his South Asian (ie Indian) heritage (with his family in jewelry business for generations in India), whilst the other two designers have design inspiration from Turkey (& possibly Israel in case of Yossi?). That said, as they are now based in the US (or at least their businesses are in the US), it is understandable that their designs are influenced by the American culture/ market and to that extent, I believe there would be some convergences..

I would also like to mention a British designer, Pippa Small; some of her pieces may also share similarities with Gurhan, however, I also think that her designs are informed by her early childhood travels as well as her anthropological background. (N.B. She''s also an anthropologist with strong beliefs in social justice - she supports various causes from protection of the rights of the tribal people to empowerment of indigenous communities through teaching jewelry designing, thus promoting self sufficiency etc..). I personally consider her designs feminine bohemian luxury with a social conscience.. (if that makes any sense to you..) Unfortunately, I do not own any of her pieces, as they cost a small fortune also...
8.gif

FYI, the link to her website is: www.pippasmall.com
(though with your vast knowledge of gold jewelry, I suspect you''re already familiar with her designs..)

BTW, although I haven''t had a chance to read this thread properly, it looks very interesting and informative, so would definitely have to sit down & read it though soon..
2.gif

Wish you all a happy new year!
1.gif

virgoruby

Shiny_Rock
Mtg, I''ve already commented this on another thread, but both your ring & necklace are lovely!

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
tradergirl posted a link to this website in another thread and I thought that it should also be archived in this thread. Ann Biederman, the jeweler, works largely in 22K gold and reproduces artifacts from ancient civilizations. If high karat gold or archaelogy interest you, you should definitely take a look!

AGBF
34.gif

Rachel9

Shiny_Rock
Nice AG
3.gif

I would like to add that Anni is a doll, will answer your email same day, most of her pieces have matte finish but willing to polish upon request. R
18.gif

Christiana

Shiny_Rock
Since we''re talking about yellow gold:

My all-time favorite designers are Zolotas and Ilias Lalaounis. Their jewels are mainly inspired by ancient Greece. Sheer class
30.gif

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Date:
1/9/2010 12:19:01 PM
Author: Christiana

Since we''re talking about yellow gold:

My all-time favorite designers are Zolotas and Ilias Lalaounis. Their jewels are mainly inspired by ancient Greece.
I started out by visiting the website of Ilias Lalounis. It is a great website. I particularly enjoyed the photographs of how their artisans work with 22K gold to do granulations and weaving. If this link doesn''t take you directly to the area that shows it, look around the site a bit. It is worth looking for. Thank you for pointing out this jeweler, Christiana. I never really loved granulated jewelry, but seeing how it is done makes me appreciate it!

AGBF
34.gif

Rachel9

Shiny_Rock
Yum! those remind me these 22k weaved beads:

22kweavedbeads.JPG

tradergirl

Brilliant_Rock
I''m going to get that Alexander the Great head pendant. Love that. Or maybe the Greek head, haven''t decided for sure.

Also see the diamond band under "rings" with the D IF diamonds.

tradergirl

Brilliant_Rock
Virgoruby: don''t know if you''ve heard of Gilt Groupe (google it) but they recently had a huge sale of Arunashi stuff at great prices.

T

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results