shape
carat
color
clarity

Do You Have a Favorite Gold Designer?

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
You may remember these earrings. I found them at a jeweler's (Mangan Jewelers) in Mclean, Virginia and bought them for myself as a birthday present from my husband in 2009. My daughter recently appropriated them. I told her, for a very long time, that she couldn't have them. In the end, I gave in. Earlier in this thread there is a lot of discussion about how these earrings (which are 14K) were probably inspired by the Buccellati Honolulu and Hawaii lines.

AGBF
34.gif

200914KBdayEarringsA.jpg

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Silly Deb! I''m paying you a compliment. I''d be flattered to have the same pair of earrings as YOU. Because I haven''t been able to decide, I only have the bracelet and necklace at the moment. I will hazard photographs.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 9/27/2009 5:57:59 PM
Author: AGBF

You may remember these earrings. I found them at a jeweler''s (Mangan Jewelers) in Mclean, Virginia and bought them for myself as a birthday present from my husband in 2009. My daughter recently appropriated them. I told her, for a very long time, that she couldn''t have them. In the end, I gave in. Earlier in this thread there is a lot of discussion about how these earrings (which are 14K) were probably inspired by the Buccellati Honolulu and Hawaii lines.

AGBF
34.gif
HI:

Oh dear--I just know she''ll let you borrow them, Deb!!

cheers--Sharon

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Deb, Gailey sent me this link the other day (1stdibs.com) and there are so many things to look at here....all the vendors who have Estate pieces is 2die4. Many hours of enjoyment on the jewellery section, then off to all the others!

http://jewelry.1stdibs.com/jewelry_new_listings.php

cheers--Sharon

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Date:
10/2/2009 9:46:18 AM
Author: canuk-gal

This is a great site, Sharon! After I did a lot of browsing, I just entered, "Buccellati" as a keyword and watched everything by Buccellati come up! It was great! I still want to know about this website, however. I asked about it in Hangout, but no one seemed to know anything about it.

AGBF
34.gif

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 10/2/2009 11:39:11 PM

Date:
10/2/2009 9:46:18 AM

This is a great site, Sharon! After I did a lot of browsing, I just entered, ''Buccellati'' as a keyword and watched everything by Buccellati come up! It was great! I still want to know about this website, however. I asked about it in Hangout, but no one seemed to know anything about it.

AGBF
34.gif
HI:

Yes, I saw that and am unhappy not to be able to assist you.

Altho I cannot recall which Estate vendor I was looking at (1stdibs), there was a scarf necklace (and matching bracelet) like one you own. THought of you....

P.S. I picked up a cool necklace from a Vancourver Artist--big open 14K gold links with chunky pieces of citrine (rough) and Swar crystal. Really cute and have had tons of compliments on it already! I should post a picture...

cheers--Sharon

CDNinNYC

Ideal_Rock
There's a Marco Bicego sale that starts October 5th on the Gilt Groupe if anyone is interested in having a look.

Marco Bicego on Gilt

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Once again I can delighted with Signed Pieces. Took advantage of their latest sale and picked up two items: Cartier Trinity ring with diamond, sapphires and rubies and a rose gold Gehry Torque Bangle. Both in 18K. I should have taken Heather''s advice and bought the whole lot of bangles---oh well, next time....
2.gif
3.gif

cheers--Sharon

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
old hands..nice ring tho
3.gif

trinity2.JPG

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
hehehheee

trinity3.JPG

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Swar crystal, citrine chunks with 14K y/g. Vancouver Designer.

baubles.JPG

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
hard time attaching pics today.....

last1.JPG

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
finally!

ohcomeon.JPG

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Sharon, those pieces are GORGEOUS!!!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
30.gif
30.gif

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Date:
10/20/2009 4:34:51 PM
Author: Skippy123

What she says is true. I have a particular fondness for that bejeweled trinity ring and the rose gold bracelet. The latter reminds me of one I wanted in Genoa but that we could then not afford. I love rose gold bangles. Wear all the pieces in health and happiness, Sharon :).

Hugs,
AGBF
34.gif

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 10/20/2009 5:23:02 PM

Date:
10/20/2009 4:34:51 PM
Author: Skippy123

What she says is true. I have a particular fondness for that bejeweled trinity ring and the rose gold bracelet. The latter reminds me of one I wanted in Genoa but that we could then not afford. I love rose gold bangles. Wear all the pieces in health and happiness, Sharon :).

Hugs,
AGBF
34.gif
HI:

Thank you Stephanie and Deb!!

cheers--Sharon

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 10/20/2009 2:13:08 PM
hehehheee
23.gif
18.gif
30.gif
Holy Moly! I don''t think i''ve ever seen your collection but I can''t stop drooling over here!

DiaDiva

Brilliant_Rock
Wooooo....Sharon.........your new acquisitions are just beautiful!!!!!

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 10/20/2009 10:24:07 PM
Author: D&T

Date: 10/20/2009 2:13:08 PM
hehehheee
23.gif
18.gif
30.gif
Holy Moly! I don''t think i''ve ever seen your collection but I can''t stop drooling over here!
HI:

Thanks--I change my mind and recycle pieces, hence my collection evolves!
3.gif

cheers--Sharon

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 10/20/2009 10:58:05 PM
Author: DiaDiva
Wooooo....Sharon.........your new acquisitions are just beautiful!!!!!
HI:

Thank DiaDiva!!

cheers--Sharon

Gailey

Ideal_Rock
Well the Cartier ring is sublime, of course. The bangle is gorgeous, look at those angles! Now I really want to see that Vancouver piece around your neck, I love the links. Can you do a neck shot (if you can you are better than me!) Who is it, do you have a link?

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 10/21/2009 10:45:56 AM
Author: Gailey
Well the Cartier ring is sublime, of course. The bangle is gorgeous, look at those angles! Now I really want to see that Vancouver piece around your neck, I love the links. Can you do a neck shot (if you can you are better than me!) Who is it, do you have a link?
HI:

I''ll wear it for you when we lunch. It is a very smart piece--always get compliments on it!

http://www.lolo.ca/home.php

cheers--Sharon

iluvcarats

Ideal_Rock
Hi Sharon!
I am so glad I popped in here today or I would have missed your fabulous collection!
I love ALL your pieces! Were them in the best of health
1.gif

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 10/29/2009 7:47:40 AM
Author: iluvcarats
Hi Sharon!
I am so glad I popped in here today or I would have missed your fabulous collection!
1.gif
HI:
35.gif

Thank you!

cheers--Sharon

iluvcarats

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/29/2009 9:33:11 AM
Date: 10/29/2009 7:47:40 AM

Author: iluvcarats

Hi Sharon!

1.gif
HI:
35.gif

Thank you!

cheers--Sharon
You''re welcome!
I can''t believe I spelled wear wrong. Yikes!
Not much of a morning person
5.gif

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Deb, asked if I could share a site with you all, as it is a pretty nice site that has many options in terms of style and metal choices with accompanying prices. I can't speak directly of the product as I have yet to purchase but one of my favorite site for inspiration pieces. I hope to purchase from them soon though and report back as they have been truly customer service oriented everytime I email or called them
http://www.sunjewelry.com/plain14golwe.html

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Date:
11/2/2009 9:45:43 AM
Author: D&T

Deb, asked if I could share a site with you all, as it is a pretty nice site that has many options in terms of style and metal choices with accompanying prices. I can''t speak directly of the product as I have yet to purchase but one of my favorite site for inspiration pieces. I hope to purchase from them soon though and report back as they have been truly customer service oriented everytime I email or called them

http://www.sunjewelry.com/plain14golwe.html
Thanks so much for posting this (and so quickly!!), D&T. I did, indeed, ask if you would be so good as to post this website in this thread. I don''t think it''s necessary to have bought something from the website; the website, itself, is a wonderful resource. If their products are good, too, it''s a just a bonus!

Hugs to you,
AGBF
34.gif

iluvcarats

Ideal_Rock
Hi fellow gold lovers
35.gif

Here is a Cathy Waterman necklace that I got recently. It is 22k gold and platinum, and there is a tiny diamond in each flower.

j_ne_wat-n179_xl-1.jpg

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
G.R. Thangamaligai.

Large jeweller in Madras, India. Pretty much all my family gets gold jewellery there.

They work in 22/24k, and the pieces are stunningly intricate and elaborate, though they lack the precision of western jewellery. It's a very different type of jewellery.

I don't mind wg, but having grown up with 22k and 24k pieces 14/18k yellow gold looks very washed out and pale to me.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results