shape
carat
color
clarity

Do you consider 40 old?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

LaraOnline

Ideal_Rock
haven''t got time to read this thread, but dying to contribute... FWIW...
At the age of around 28 you can start feeling like you are being squeezed through a very small tube regarding your body consciousness. In fact, I think I started to feel quite peculiar, as though I was actually living in someone else''s skin... someone''s AGING skin. Perhaps that had something to do with the outrageous and very unsettled lifestyle I was leading at the time.
It was a wakeup call for me, I sorted out my lifestyle pronto.
Luckily, sometime around the other side of 30 (married! hah!) that feeling goes away.

Having the money and / or time to dress and groom yourself properly does help get over the ''hump''. Now I feel great about myself.

Gailey

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/18/2009 5:21:37 AM
Author: loriken214
HECK NO!!!!
38.gif

Lori
40? Hell Yes!! And I''ll be 48 in a couple of months - imagine how that feels......

I swear, I''m going to be nipped, tucked, sliced and diced till they put me in a box!

Gailey

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/18/2009 3:51:53 PM
Author: Upgradable
When I was young I remember the dishwashing liquid commercial where you were supposed to look at the hands and determine who was the mother and who was the daughter. What a crock!!! My hands DO look just like my mothers'', and that is not a compliment to either of us!
What a crock! I remember that one.

"Now, hands that do dishes can feel as soft as your face with mild green, Fairy Liquid"

Yeah, right!

Gailey

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/18/2009 4:11:54 PM
Author: Lorelei

Date: 7/18/2009 1:00:19 PM
Author: HollyS
Do you consider 40 old?

I''d better not, since I''m a good decade past 40!!
9.gif

I''ll have you know, you young whippersnapper you, that I''m dressed in non-mom jeans, with a sexy little top, and sporting an of-the-minute cute bob hairdo. Even my makeup is young. So there.
2.gif

I may walk funny when I first get up in the morning, but I can fluff, buff, paint and spackle with just enough panache to fool everyone but Mother Nature.

My mother didn''t look this good at 50, and I''ve got the pictures to prove it!
25.gif
Spackle?
25.gif
Artex!

Gailey

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/19/2009 8:09:49 AM
Author: Ellen

Date: 7/18/2009 4:02:15 PM
Author: whitby_2773

ellen, you and i are the same age - 49. i only turned 49 four weeks ago, so i dont have any photos of me at 49 - but i *do* have a photo of me at 48, so here you go, no make up, straight on, bare naked face....

like you, when i tell people i''ll be 50 next birthday, i often get the ''no way!'' reaction, and i''ve had people jump forward and check out my face. i appreciate the genes i''ve been given, but i''d rather feel young that look young. health trumps looks and happiness/contentment trumps everything in my book.
This cracked me up, I can just see it!!
9.gif
I''m tellin ya, when that gal touched my face, I was like wth?? Strange, but complimentary I guess.
lol.gif

You look great miss, especially nekkie! (yer brave lol) I don''t have a recent photo either, but I don''t post them online even if I did, just not comfortable doing that. And I totally agree with your sentiments. Health and happiness absolutely trump looks.
2.gif
And that''s a big DITTO from me and extra brownie points for the full-on, non-makeup, close-up. Kudos!

whitby_2773

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/21/2009 10:57:38 PM
Author: Gailey

9.gif
I''m tellin ya, when that gal touched my face, I was like wth?? Strange, but complimentary I guess.
lol.gif

You look great miss, especially nekkie! (yer brave lol) I don''t have a recent photo either, but I don''t post them online even if I did, just not comfortable doing that. And I totally agree with your sentiments. Health and happiness absolutely trump looks.
2.gif

And that''s a big DITTO from me and extra brownie points for the full-on, non-makeup, close-up. Kudos!

thanks gailey - it''s a strange sensation, putting your face ''out there''. kindness is always appreciated and will be reciprocated. :)

Gailey

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/21/2009 11:07:42 PM

9.gif
lol.gif

2.gif

thanks gailey - it''s a strange sensation, putting your face ''out there''. kindness is always appreciated and will be reciprocated. :)

Hey, I''d post one of me, but I had my migraine botox shots today and the doc gave me a nasty bruise - next week OK!

atroop711

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/21/2009 11:29:21 PM
Date: 7/21/2009 11:07:42 PM

9.gif
lol.gif

2.gif

Hey, I''d post one of me, but I had my migraine botox shots today and the doc gave me a nasty bruise - next week OK!

not to get off topic but do those shots work for the migraines? I have chronic migraines and I''m desp. for relief

Gailey

Ideal_Rock
Atroop, I''ve been having the shots every three months for the last eighteen months. Some 3 month spans were better than others. This latest one has been great. Generally speaking I have been improving quite a bit, but the results are not instantaneous. What you aim for is greater infrequency of headaches and a faster recovery time.

I was having a two/two-and-a half day headache, whilst swallowing more and more zomig, every 10 days or so.

I was one month late for my latest shots, but for the three months, virtually headache free. This last month I have had one or two and have had to resort to the zomig, but they are gone within a couple of hours.

It''s definitely a treatment you need to persevere with and I wouldn''t have contemplated it if my health plan wouldn''t have covered it because it costs C$550 every three months.

Hope that helps.

Oh there are side effects - you look at least 15 years younger, but it''s a cross I have to bear!!

atroop711

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/22/2009 9:06:25 PM
Atroop, I''ve been having the shots every three months for the last eighteen months. Some 3 month spans were better than others. This latest one has been great. Generally speaking I have been improving quite a bit, but the results are not instantaneous. What you aim for is greater infrequency of headaches and a faster recovery time.

I was having a two/two-and-a half day headache, whilst swallowing more and more zomig, every 10 days or so.

I was one month late for my latest shots, but for the three months, virtually headache free. This last month I have had one or two and have had to resort to the zomig, but they are gone within a couple of hours.

It''s definitely a treatment you need to persevere with and I wouldn''t have contemplated it if my health plan wouldn''t have covered it because it costs C$550 every three months.

Hope that helps.

Oh there are side effects - you look at least 15 years younger, but it''s a cross I have to bear!!

thx so much! I think this is something I''m going to look into

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
40 seemed "old" to me when I was 21-25. But back then, 30 seemed "old!" I just turned 32, and 40 is looming larger on the horizon...it doesn''t seem old to me anymore, probably because I know plenty of 35-45 yr. olds and they all seem very youthful. I really am enjoying my 30''s so far, much more so than my 20''s. It seems to me that at this rate I''ll not be lamenting my age when I get to my 40''s. Hopefully that trend will continue!

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
. . . not until I read the title of this thread. As the saying goes, "if you have to ask, then it''s probably true."
emcry.gif

beau13

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/19/2009 12:38:39 PM
Author: atroop711

Date: 7/19/2009 12:16:46 PM
Author: Richard Sherwood
And a fine 47 you are...

Haven, Whitby, Atroop, Upgradeable. All babes.

woohoo...I''m a babe! Wait ''til a tell my husband
9.gif
LOL..if he''s anything like my husband, I''m sure he tells you that everyday!!
9.gif

Squirrly

Brilliant_Rock
ask me again in 15 years and i''ll probably say no
9.gif

Luckyeshe

Ideal_Rock
As I get older, I''m not even 30 yet, the answer to "Do you consider 40 old?" has changed. When I was 16, that would have been heck yeah! Now....40 is still very young!!! But when you say 60...I''d say that''s old or starting to get old.

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
I don't think 40's old; I have 7 years till I will be there and hubby is 40 so no way jose do I think it is old. I think women can rock 40 since they are beautiful and more secure with themselves; I know I feel much better about who I am now in my 30's then when I did when I turned 20, so I will embrace 40.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results