carat
color
clarity

Diary of a Lady Waiting In the Dark

legallyspoiled

Shiny_Rock
Date: 4/16/2010 1:36:02 PM
Author: beezygal
My guess is... it will take a very long time if you keep thinking when it will come. Sorry gal.
28.gif
If you don''t think about it, it''ll be here sooner than you think. That''s my theory. :p For example, I thought my ring was ordered on Monday. I kept on thinking 4 weeks it will be here. I''m kinda counting the days like you. However, my FF called the guy to confirm and he said the computer at Tacori was down.
32.gif
FF is still waiting for the guy to email him the receipt of his deposit. Now... I don''t know if it''s ordered yet. FF will call to confirm today again.. *cross my fingers* that means I have to wait longer now. My plan is I''ll just forget about the ring and ''pretend'' not to care. Hopefully it will come sooner.
27.gif

I''m not just thinking that it will come...I know it is coming, lol! There is a difference.
28.gif
So, I can''t help but think about it. The best that I can do is try not to think about it as much.

And those would have been fighting words if I had learned that the "computer was down!" I''ll just throw some dust your way and hope that your FF is just pulling a fast one on you!

legallyspoiled

Shiny_Rock
>* * * * * DAY 12 * * * * *[/b]

Thank God it''s Monday! And OMGosh! I can''t believe it has been twelve days already. That is nearly two whole weeks of being in the dark. I never expected the time to move so fast. I thought these days would drag on for ever. Except for the nightmares, I think that I''ve held it together pretty well. The weekend went well.

Friday, I purchased this massive 400+ book, "The Wedding Book: The Big Book for Your Big Day." It is packed full of advice. I highly recommend it! I spent most of Saturday reading that which kept my mind off the proposal and ring. I also learned that one of my all time favorite vendors is giving a $5000 wedding package! You have to submit a video to win. I spent most of the day Sunday working on the video and catching up on all of 24 and Project Runway episodes on my DVR. FF wasn''t "sure" if he wanted to create a video and put it on the web which disappointed me so I was in a crappy mood all day yesterday. Later on, he asked to see what I had done so far on the video. I showed him and he said that I should keep working on it until he makes a decision. I was like, um...no. I''m not gonna waste my time if you aren''t going to do it!

Anyway, tomorrow is Tuesday and if there weren''t any delays...based on the estimated completion time on the website for my particular setting, the ring should be ready! On a scale of 1 to 10 weighing anxiousness, I would be at a one. I wouldn''t be surprised if that number gradually increased as the weekend approached. Although, FF has to take his nephew on a college trip this weekend a few hours away. So, I''m not sure that anything will happen this weekend. I''m actually not expecting him to get the ring until this time next week because of his detour. Regardless, hooray for being one day closer to the proposal!!

beezygal

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 4/19/2010 10:04:22 AM
Author: legallyspoiled

I''m not just thinking that it will come...I know it is coming, lol! There is a difference.
28.gif
So, I can''t help but think about it. The best that I can do is try not to think about it as much.

And those would have been fighting words if I had learned that the ''computer was down!'' I''ll just throw some dust your way and hope that your FF is just pulling a fast one on you!
It was officially ordered on Friday.
30.gif
Thanks for the dust!

dawnabee

Shiny_Rock
Did you enjoy your spa time??

More importantly did you get it??!! When is it expected I wanna seeeee too lol

legallyspoiled

Shiny_Rock
Date: 4/19/2010 1:50:30 PM
Date: 4/19/2010 10:04:22 AM

28.gif

And those would have been fighting words if I had learned that the ''computer was down!'' I''ll just throw some dust your way and hope that your FF is just pulling a fast one on you!

It was officially ordered on Friday.
30.gif
Thanks for the dust!

Yay! It''s coming!!!

legallyspoiled

Shiny_Rock
Date: 4/19/2010 4:01:36 PM
Author: dawnabee
Did you enjoy your spa time??

More importantly did you get it??!! When is it expected I wanna seeeee too lol

We did enjoy our spa time. The spa was in the museum district so after we grabbed lunch at a cafe we strolled through a sculpture garden. When we got home, we both took a long nap. :) But no, I didn''t "get it." Lol, I wasn''t expecting too though. It would have been too soon.

I have no clue what the status of the ring is. I don''t know if it is ready...whether it will be ready "on time" tomorrow (guessing that is the estimated date they told him)...if it has shipped...when it will ship...when we get it here...let alone when he will actually propose!

I''ve been tried to read my Mom (who is gonna receive the ring first and work some magic before shipping it to him) for hints but I haven''t detected anything. She was in a slightly chipper mood this morning but I know that she has been away ALL day showing houses (she''s a realtor).

And, I can''t wait to see it either...especially on my finger! I love taking pics and my FF has some pretty fancy cameras so I plan on taking way too many shots!

KittyGolightly

Brilliant_Rock
Not too much longer now!

BTW, did you guys figure out your wedding date yet?

dawnabee

Shiny_Rock
OOh oops I didnt realize your Day 12 post... but glad you had a somewhat joyful weekend! Your soo lucky its only a matter of short time! Sending you dust**** and a prayer for some patience haha

legallyspoiled

Shiny_Rock
Date: 4/19/2010 7:28:56 PM
Author: KittyGolightly
Not too much longer now!

BTW, did you guys figure out your wedding date yet?

I think that I''ve narrowed it down to early April. It is two months from my brother''s graduation and I''ve noticed how beautiful the weather is right now. Not much rain and perfect 80 degree days with a slight breeze.

Not the date that I dreamed of but I won''t have to sacrifice anything else in exchange.

legallyspoiled

Shiny_Rock
Date: 4/19/2010 10:30:36 PM
OOh oops I didnt realize your Day 12 post... but glad you had a somewhat joyful weekend! Your soo lucky its only a matter of short time! Sending you dust**** and a prayer for some patience haha

No problem! :) It was a wonderful weekend. I hope this coming weekend is even better
31.gif
. He he he. I doubt he will have the ring by then really. Thanks for the dust and the prayer! I sure can use it.

legallyspoiled

Shiny_Rock
>* * * * * DAY 13 * * * * *[/b]

I have a huge announcement to make. One of the things that I am focusing on during my wait is weight loss. I''ve never been able to run for very long because I sprained both of my ankles as a young teen and they would swell if I ran too much. My FF encouraged me to gradually build up the strength of my ankles. Yesterday, during my 3 miles at the park, I ran for 6 minutes during the beginning without stopping and for another 5 minutes towards the end! That may not seem like a big deal but this is a HUGE deal to me! I probably haven''t ran that long since I was 12 or 13 years old. Last week, I was only able to run for 3 minutes and than another 1 minute. My goal is to be able to run the full 3 miles in a month or so!

In ring news, today is the eighth business day! My ring could be ready. There is no way of me knowing of course. I wonder if FF will get pictures today. I wonder if it will ship today or tomorrow. Hmmm!
37.gif
Such an exciting time.

This weekend, I relinquished the mailbox key to FF. He mentioned last night that he had gone to the mailbox. I said, "well where is the mail?" His response was, "....there wasn''t any." I''m surprised that he checked so soon! His trips to the mailbox are usually few and far between.

In other news, I want to shake my mother. I talked to a great aunt yesterday who said, "I hear congratulations are in order!" I''ve told my mom over and over to PLEASE not share the news of my engagement until I have a ring on my finger. Mothers...I tell ya!

dawnabee

Shiny_Rock
Date: 4/20/2010 10:15:18 AM

* * * * * DAY 13 * * * * *

I have a huge announcement to make. One of the things that I am focusing on during my wait is weight loss. I''ve never been able to run for very long because I sprained both of my ankles as a young teen and they would swell if I ran too much. My FF encouraged me to gradually build up the strength of my ankles. Yesterday, during my 3 miles at the park, I ran for 6 minutes during the beginning without stopping and for another 5 minutes towards the end! That may not seem like a big deal but this is a HUGE deal to me! I probably haven''t ran that long since I was 12 or 13 years old. Last week, I was only able to run for 3 minutes and than another 1 minute. My goal is to be able to run the full 3 miles in a month or so!

In ring news, today is the eighth business day! My ring could be ready. There is no way of me knowing of course. I wonder if FF will get pictures today. I wonder if it will ship today or tomorrow. Hmmm!
37.gif
Such an exciting time.

This weekend, I relinquished the mailbox key to FF. He mentioned last night that he had gone to the mailbox. I said, ''well where is the mail?'' His response was, ''....there wasn''t any.'' I''m surprised that he checked so soon! His trips to the mailbox are usually few and far between.

In other news, I want to shake my mother. I talked to a great aunt yesterday who said, ''I hear congratulations are in order!'' I''ve told my mom over and over to PLEASE not share the news of my engagement until I have a ring on my finger. Mothers...I tell ya!

Tell me about it!!! Yesterday I posted a recent pictured of me and my BF that came out nice and she commented on it.. "This will be good for the papers!".. I hoppppeee noone understands what she means.. she meant for an engagement picture for the town newspaper lol Crazzzzy

Congrats on making progress towards running... I hate running! I hope this weekend is it for you too!

beezygal

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 4/20/2010 10:15:18 AM

* * * * * DAY 13 * * * * *

37.gif
Such an exciting time.

This weekend, I relinquished the mailbox key to FF. He mentioned last night that he had gone to the mailbox. I said, ''well where is the mail?'' His response was, ''....there wasn''t any.'' I''m surprised that he checked so soon! His trips to the mailbox are usually few and far between.

In other news, I want to shake my mother. I talked to a great aunt yesterday who said, ''I hear congratulations are in order!'' I''ve told my mom over and over to PLEASE not share the news of my engagement until I have a ring on my finger. Mothers...I tell ya!
Congrats on making a good progress. Hope you can reach your goal to run 3 miles. DUST coming your way... ************************************************

lol.. tell me about it. parents are like that. My parents know we''re getting a ring and gonna be engaged. They were already "planning" my wedding... talking about how many ppl to invite to the wedding.... the wedding date. They''re ahead of themselves. I''m like, why don''t I actually get the ring first before we plan stuff. I had to tell them NOT to tell anyone until my FF proposes and actually put a ring on my finger. I know my dad, if I don''t tell him, he''ll probably tell everyone within a few mins. I''m glad though because they are just happy for me.
30.gif
My dad keeps on asking me when is the ring ready. He''s more anxious than I am. He''s so cute.
19.gif

legallyspoiled

Shiny_Rock
Date: 4/20/2010 2:02:57 PM

Tell me about it!!! Yesterday I posted a recent pictured of me and my BF that came out nice and she commented on it.. ''This will be good for the papers!''.. I hoppppeee noone understands what she means.. she meant for an engagement picture for the town newspaper lol Crazzzzy

Congrats on making progress towards running... I hate running! I hope this weekend is it for you too!

Ha! Mothers, sometimes all you can do is shake your head (or your first, lol) at them! My mom, "well I didn''t say that you were engaged...I just told them to clear the calendar for a wedding next..." Um...hello! That is the same thing!!! "Well, I gave birth to you and I will tell people whatever I want." How do you argue with that?
38.gif

legallyspoiled

Shiny_Rock
Date: 4/20/2010 2:29:48 PM

Congrats on making a good progress. Hope you can reach your goal to run 3 miles. DUST coming your way... ************************************************

lol.. tell me about it. parents are like that. My parents know we''re getting a ring and gonna be engaged. They were already ''planning'' my wedding... talking about how many ppl to invite to the wedding.... the wedding date. They''re ahead of themselves. I''m like, why don''t I actually get the ring first before we plan stuff. I had to tell them NOT to tell anyone until my FF proposes and actually put a ring on my finger. I know my dad, if I don''t tell him, he''ll probably tell everyone within a few mins. I''m glad though because they are just happy for me.
30.gif
My dad keeps on asking me when is the ring ready. He''s more anxious than I am. He''s so cute.
19.gif

Thanks! I was so excited yesterday that I wanted to jump up and down...but I was out of breath and didn''t have the energy.
24.gif

Why are parents like that? When the news does come it won''t be as exciting if everyone already knows! At least your parents are listening to you. My mom just goes behind my back and talks to people she figures I would never talk to....like my great aunt. She just happened to need legal advice for a friend. I hadn''t talked to or seen her in years!

Jesus be a fence and get a ring on my finger sooner or later before I drive to Maryland and put a muzzle on her! (i''m just kidding of course)

legallyspoiled

Shiny_Rock
>* * * * * DAY 14 * * * * *[/b]

CONFESSION! I''m starting to think about the ring again. I know it is because I''m pretty sure it is ready. Plus, I got a hint last night. I was on PS and came across CEMRN''s recent upgrade. If you haven''t seen it, OMG. Click here and check that thing out ASAP. Swoon. Anyway, I was showing it to FF and we started to comment on it. And he asked me if I had ever told Brian Gavin that we decided to go with someone else. I said that I hadn''t because I didn''t want to say that I had decided to go with Whiteflash. Anyway...(sorry I keep getting off track)...FF started to talk about all of the crappy stores he went to and how many times salespeople tried to sham him. He had a particularly bad experience with a manager at Kay Jeweler''s. FF said, "I should send him some pics of your ring ........ when we get the ring, I''ll take some." BUSTED BUDDY! I know (i.e. assume) he was thinking about the pics that WF has already sent, lol. (Again, this is just an assumption. I have no proof. Just a gut feeling.)

Last night, I got jealous when looking at the new stuff in SMTR. Someone posted that their ring was ready and WF had just sent them pics.
8.gif
I wanna see my ring toooooo!
15.gif

Anyway, FF is not going out of town this weekend. But I still don''t think it is going to happen this weekend because I doubt the ring will arrive by then unless it was finished early.

In other news, I''ve been thinking a lot about wearing such an expensive piece of jewelry everyday. Will I wear it to bed? Will I shower in it? How will I clean in it? I also hold my hand out a few times a day and try to imagine what it will look like on my finger.

Oooooooh. I almost forgot! FF asked me about the video contest again. I think he is going to do it. I told him that I haven''t been working on it but if we are going to do it, we need to start recording ASAP because the deadline is Saturday. He said that he never told me to stop working on it. I reminded him that I wasn''t going to waste my time! So, I really hope he agrees to do the video. I have a really creative idea and think we will have a good chance of winning. Plus, it will give me something to focus my attention on besides the ring. God knows I need something!

beezygal

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 4/21/2010 10:45:42 AM

* * * * * DAY 14 * * * * *

CONFESSION! I'm starting to think about the ring again. I know it is because I'm pretty sure it is ready. Plus, I got a hint last night. I was on PS and came across CEMRN's recent upgrade. If you haven't seen it, OMG. Click here and check that thing out ASAP. Swoon. Anyway, I was showing it to FF and we started to comment on it. And he asked me if I had ever told Brian Gavin that we decided to go with someone else. I said that I hadn't because I didn't want to say that I had decided to go with Whiteflash. Anyway...(sorry I keep getting off track)...FF started to talk about all of the crappy stores he went to and how many times salespeople tried to sham him. He had a particularly bad experience with a manager at Kay Jeweler's. FF said, 'I should send him some pics of your ring ........ when we get the ring, I'll take some.' BUSTED BUDDY! I know (i.e. assume) he was thinking about the pics that WF has already sent, lol. (Again, this is just an assumption. I have no proof. Just a gut feeling.)

Last night, I got jealous when looking at the new stuff in SMTR. Someone posted that their ring was ready and WF had just sent them pics.
8.gif
I wanna see my ring toooooo!
15.gif

Anyway, FF is not going out of town this weekend. But I still don't think it is going to happen this weekend because I doubt the ring will arrive by then unless it was finished early.

In other news, I've been thinking a lot about wearing such an expensive piece of jewelry everyday. Will I wear it to bed? Will I shower in it? How will I clean in it? I also hold my hand out a few times a day and try to imagine what it will look like on my finger.

Oooooooh. I almost forgot! FF asked me about the video contest again. I think he is going to do it. I told him that I haven't been working on it but if we are going to do it, we need to start recording ASAP because the deadline is Saturday. He said that he never told me to stop working on it. I reminded him that I wasn't going to waste my time! So, I really hope he agrees to do the video. I have a really creative idea and think we will have a good chance of winning. Plus, it will give me something to focus my attention on besides the ring. God knows I need something!
I've been thinking about that ever since I found the Tacori. I've decided I will not wear it to bed or shower or washing dishes with it. Since the setting is kinda high, I plan to just wear it when I'm outside. I will keep it safe in the box when I'm at home just chilling. This way I can "baby" it. I only need to wear it when I am out to tell ppl I'm TAKEN. :) I can't wait 'til I get to do that.

legally, I hold my hand out MANY MANY times a day and picture the ring on my finger too!!! I've been keeping my hand nice and smooth to welcome my ring to its forever home.
30.gif

Good luck with your video!!! It will keep your mind off the ring.
31.gif
DUST***************************

legallyspoiled

Shiny_Rock
Date: 4/21/2010 2:11:53 PM

I''ve been thinking about that ever since I found the Tacori. I''ve decided I will not wear it to bed or shower or washing dishes with it. Since the setting is kinda high, I plan to just wear it when I''m outside. I will keep it safe in the box when I''m at home just chilling. This way I can ''baby'' it. I only need to wear it when I am out to tell ppl I''m TAKEN. :) I can''t wait ''til I get to do that.

legally, I hold my hand out MANY MANY times a day and picture the ring on my finger too!!! I''ve been keeping my hand nice and smooth to welcome my ring to its forever home.
30.gif

I''m sure that I won''t want to clean, sleep, or shower in it either. But I think I''m going to be like a little kid with a new toy and won''t want to take it off! I''ll probably wear it at all other times though.

Good luck with your video!!! It will keep your mind off the ring.
31.gif
DUST***************************

legallyspoiled

Shiny_Rock
NOTE: I totally screwed up that last post to you Beezy. What I wrote is at the bottom half.

I''ve been trying to feel my mother out for hints all day. For a woman who normally has diarrhea of the mouth, she is doing a good job of staying tight lipped on this one. I''m pretty confident the ring should be in her possession by now if not by the end of the week.

Oh, and FMIL called a few days ago and asked how our ring hunt was going. FF told her that he had bought a ring. She must have asked if I knew, to which he said yes, but she doesn''t know when she will get it. She must have asked when he planned on proposing, and he said I don''t know...maybe in a few months.
6.gif
FMIL yelled, it better be in a few weeks! At the same time, I screamed it better be in a few days!

Everyone is so excited!!!!

dawnabee

Shiny_Rock
OMG Legally I am having a
emlove.gif
attack for youuu!! I hope he does it soon and knowing he bought it and has it is tortorous!!! You must must keep your mind elsewhere! Did you show a pic on here of what your future ring looks like?? I''d like to see and ohh from our other thread convo... you are NOT old at 30! One of my good freinds just turned this past monday and she is still as young and lovely as ever! I understand about the making babies thing though its tough since the fertility thing... lol

Your not the only one who was jealous of the new rings! They are soooo amazing I can only dream! Saturday we are going to the store to order the setting.. I hope I dont see one that I like better and get confused haha

Just enjoy your time for now until the engagement because this is the most exciting part!

legallyspoiled

Shiny_Rock
Date: 4/22/2010 9:40:18 AM
OMG Legally I am having a
emlove.gif
attack for youuu!! I hope he does it soon and knowing he bought it and has it is tortorous!!! You must must keep your mind elsewhere! Did you show a pic on here of what your future ring looks like?? I''d like to see and ohh from our other thread convo... you are NOT old at 30! One of my good freinds just turned this past monday and she is still as young and lovely as ever! I understand about the making babies thing though its tough since the fertility thing... lol

Your not the only one who was jealous of the new rings! They are soooo amazing I can only dream! Saturday we are going to the store to order the setting.. I hope I dont see one that I like better and get confused haha

Just enjoy your time for now until the engagement because this is the most exciting part!

Please no heart attacks!
6.gif
I need you to be able to celebrate with me when he proposes!
9.gif

I will post some pics of the ring so you can get an idea of what it will look like. I''m not so much jealous of their rings because I know that I will love mine...but I''m jealous that they got to see pics of their''s.
15.gif

I know 30 isn''t old but it sure isn''t 20 either! I still feel and look young and that is all that matters. If it works for my 87 year old great grandmother who is livelier than ever, it''ll work for me!

Yay! Setting shopping. I never really got to try on a lot of settings. I didn''t think about it during my visit to WF. I did try on a few at Bailey Banks Biddle before they closed down and I walked around Spence and tried on a bunch but they all were yucky. Lucky you - get to try on exactly what it is you are buying.

luckynumber

Brilliant_Rock
30 old??

girl, 30s are the new teens!

try not to strangle your soon-to-be fiance while he tortures you into waiting longer, boys love that sorta thing!

3.gif

did u post about the kind of ring you''re getting coz i can''t remember!!

dawnabee

Shiny_Rock
hah ok nooo heart attacks!

...and I''m not sooo lucky bc my setting isnt in store its only online
7.gif
just going to the store to check things out since I''ve never tried anything on and I''m pretty sure I''m a tiny size 4
face3.gif
but not definate. So the setting I want will have to be made and shipped to me so I wont know until I get it unlessss... I find a different one but I''m really set on the one I saw online.

Now go get that video done so you can win your wedding!

legallyspoiled

Shiny_Rock
>* * * * * DAY 15 * * * * *[/b]

Jumping jack rabbits Batman! Day 15! Already?! That is half of a month. It feels like just yesterday that we ordered the ring. While being in the dark about the status of the ring has been agonizing, I''m so happy that the time has been moving quickly! I think writing this diary has helped.

So my mother adores my FF. ADORES! And he always picks on her when I am on the phone with her but she never believes me when I tell her what he said. Last night, she kept saying put him on the phone and tell him to say it! He started laughing and wouldn''t take the phone but kept talking trash. I put the phone on speaker. He said something. Mom says to FF, "you need to check your messages! BUSTED MOM! She didn''t realize that she was on speaker. I immediately yelled, "um...your on speakerphone!" I turned the speaker off and passed the phone to FF so that they could talk without me eavesdropping. He never left the room but I couldn''t even tell you what he said to her because I was jumping up and down inside and trying to wipe the huge smile off my face! Of course, I didn''t learn anything really. I already knew that the ring SHOULD be completed and she SHOULD be receiving it any day and that she SHOULD be calling FF to make shipping arrangements with him. Still, it made me excited. I''m assuming FF didn''t get her messages because he came home from work and passed out. He didn''t wake up until after 8p. When I asked him why he was so exhausted, he said he hasn''t been able to sleep at night. Okay...he NEVER has that problem...EVER. I think the anxiety of proposing is getting to him.

Yesterday, I spent part of the day mapping out my plan for telling folks about the engagement. I''ll call my parents and siblings first. Next, I will call the family (aunts, cousins, etc) that I am close to. Then, I will call my very best friends and friends that I keep in regular contact with. Everyone else will get a text message. I ended up with a pretty long list. I''m blessed to have a ton of great family and friends. But I hate talking on the phone. I''m tired just thinking about it. I''m sure that I will be so excited about the whole thing that I won''t get tired of talking about it!

Which led me to think, I don''t want to be on the phone for hours after he proposes. I want to spend that time with him. I wonder how he will feel about a 24 hour gag order. You know...our little secret.
12.gif

legallyspoiled

Shiny_Rock
Date: 4/22/2010 10:58:02 AM
Author: luckynumber
30 old??

girl, 30s are the new teens!

try not to strangle your soon-to-be fiance while he tortures you into waiting longer, boys love that sorta thing!

3.gif

did u post about the kind of ring you're getting coz i can't remember!!

I haven't been able to find very many ppl on PS with my setting which I find surprising. But here is a link to the
my version. Tons of friends, off pricescope, have warned me about full eternity rings. I'm not particularly rough with my hands. The most activity they see is the keyboard or washing dishes. Still, I know that I would be very cautious about the diamonds on the underside of my finger. I wouldn't have minded a 3/4 eternity but we wouldn't have been able to afford it. And I was also afraid that I wouldn't like the way the diamonds felt against the side of my finger. Plus, we had already blown the budget on the diamond and I had always planned on getting a very simple tiffany-ish setting for like three hundred bucks.

beezygal

Brilliant_Rock
legally omg. I''m getting very excited for you!!! Every morning, I''m anxious to read your diary. This is better than soap opera.
30.gif
Have you been looking at wedding bands yet?
31.gif

dawn... setting shopping is fun. It can gets pretty confusing and frustrating. As soon as you know what kind of setting you want, you''ll be fine. I was looking at setting for 3 months and then I fell in love with Tacori. My FF tries to get me to like something else.. (something a little bit cheaper or more "practical") He thinks the one I have has too many pave stones and the setting is too high, which means not practical. MEN... I tried to look at other Tacori rings... but.. nah. I just can''t look at other ones. He''ll be like "how about this one... this one.... this one... oh.. i like this one...".. I''m like.. "nah... nah nah... sorry, I still can''t get my mind off the one I like *pout*" Once my heart is set on one... it''s hard to chance my mind.
17.gif
call me spoiled
19.gif

dawnabee

Shiny_Rock
Ditto I know the one I want is the one I posted... I just wish it was in the store but its not. So I will settle for trying other things but I know we are going to order that one!!

legallyspoiled

Shiny_Rock
Date: 4/22/2010 1:31:20 PM
legally omg. I''m getting very excited for you!!! Every morning, I''m anxious to read your diary. This is better than soap opera.
30.gif
Have you been looking at wedding bands yet?
31.gif

dawn... setting shopping is fun. It can gets pretty confusing and frustrating. As soon as you know what kind of setting you want, you''ll be fine. I was looking at setting for 3 months and then I fell in love with Tacori. My FF tries to get me to like something else.. (something a little bit cheaper or more ''practical'') He thinks the one I have has too many pave stones and the setting is too high, which means not practical. MEN... I tried to look at other Tacori rings... but.. nah. I just can''t look at other ones. He''ll be like ''how about this one... this one.... this one... oh.. i like this one...''.. I''m like.. ''nah... nah nah... sorry, I still can''t get my mind off the one I like *pout*'' Once my heart is set on one... it''s hard to chance my mind.
17.gif
call me spoiled
19.gif

He he he. I think you ladies are more anxious than I am! I am so flattered that you enjoy reading my diary. I actually have aspirations of writing a novel soon.

I started thinking about bands when I changed my setting selection the day after we ordered the ring. It is important that the band sit flush with the e-ring. WF has a matching melee band that is under $1k. Originally, I thought that I wanted a plain white gold band so that the e-ring would pop. Now, I''m not so sure after seeing the matching band. I am going to see how delicate the band is on my e-ring when I get it. If it is fairly delicate and the melee band won''t be an overkill of diamonds that outshine my center stone, I''ll likely go with that. Otherwise, I will be more than happy with a plain band...maybe a knife edge. My little sister, 18, actually gave me some advice while helping me decide on a setting. She said that "the wedding band is sacred and shouldn''t be too showy." I don''t know what it was but that really spoke to my heart and I shed a tear. So we shall see. Plain white gold band or the matching shared prong melee.

All the guys see are $ $ $ $ $ $ dollar signs! I can''t tell you how many times over the years I heard my fathers (I have two) say, "how much is it going to cost?"

p.s. I thought that I was the spoiled one!?

2.gif

beezygal

Brilliant_Rock
30.gif

Date: 4/22/2010 2:00:53 PM

He he he. I think you ladies are more anxious than I am! I am so flattered that you enjoy reading my diary. I actually have aspirations of writing a novel soon.

I started thinking about bands when I changed my setting selection the day after we ordered the ring. It is important that the band sit flush with the e-ring. WF has a matching melee band that is under $1k. Originally, I thought that I wanted a plain white gold band so that the e-ring would pop. Now, I''m not so sure after seeing the matching band. I am going to see how delicate the band is on my e-ring when I get it. If it is fairly delicate and the melee band won''t be an overkill of diamonds that outshine my center stone, I''ll likely go with that. Otherwise, I will be more than happy with a plain band...maybe a knife edge. My little sister, 18, actually gave me some advice while helping me decide on a setting. She said that ''the wedding band is sacred and shouldn''t be too showy.'' I don''t know what it was but that really spoke to my heart and I shed a tear. So we shall see. Plain white gold band or the matching shared prong melee.

All the guys see are $ $ $ $ $ $ dollar signs! I can''t tell you how many times over the years I heard my fathers (I have two) say, ''how much is it going to cost?''

p.s. I thought that I was the spoiled one!?

2.gif
You''re legallyspoiled... I''m not illegal lol... now.. I''m being silly.

My dad is actually happy my FF spent so much on the ring. Even though he''s like.. "wow.. you know not a lot of ppl can''t afford $10k+ on just a little ring... ppl can''t even afford to live or eat.... blab blab blab..." but.. deep inside, he is
26.gif
because FF is willing to spend so much on me. My FF is a not a big spender ... just doesn''t spend a lot of money.... period. (in a way, it''s good... he is very good with saving) He said.. this is the most expensive purchase besides his car. Of course he needs to spend $$$$ on a SUPER RING... since he wants me to be his WIFE!!!! lol!!!

legallyspoiled

Shiny_Rock
>* * * * * DAY 16 * * * * *[/b]

I was a little bit late getting into the office this morning. I didn''t go to bed until well after 1AM. My future niece''s birthday party is this weekend and I''m in charge of the goodie bags. The theme is "A Little Diva''s Spa." The girls will be getting facials, manicures, etc. So, I went to Forever 21 and got really cute gray recyclable bags that had pictures of pink necklaces on the front. I bought lotions from Bath & Body Works, hip finger nail files, clear polish with sparkles, lip gloss, make up bags, and bath sponges. I still want to find little mirrors to stick inside too. And of course candy and cookies. Anyway, by the time I got home it was after 8PM. I ate leftovers with FF and got cracking on my video.

Sigh, the video. Filming didn''t go as smoothly as I wanted. Luckily, I knew what I wanted to say. I just had to keep doing it until I got it perfect which I did...eventually. The good news is that all of my individual scenes are complete. The bad news is that FF still has to film all of his scenes and we have two scenes to film together. The frustrating part is that with just my scenes, the video is already 4 mins and 50 secs long! It really doesn''t feel that long...I swear. I watched two of the other videos and they were both under 5 minutes...but they both were a snooze fest and felt like they were 30 minutes long. My video has transitions and music and is 100 times better and more interesting...if I don''t say so myself. Anyway, the deadline is tomorrow. I want to send it off first thing in the morning.

Boyfriend and Mom were both extremely tight lipped last night. No slip ups! So I haven''t a single clue to share. Well. This morning my Mom did ask me what I was doing this weekend. I don''t know why but that question seemed a little out of place to me. If he gets the ring in time to propose this weekend, I will be really really surprised. I just don''t think it is logistically possible for it to get here that fast. From what I''ve read on Pricescope, you have to declare how much the item is worth when you ship it registered and insured. When an item is valued at such a price, it literally has to be signed for every time it changes hands which drastically slows the shipping time. Something that normally takes 2-3 days to ship, can take 4-5 days. If my ring was finished on time, there is no way it made it to Maryland, Mom worked her magic, and it make here this week. BUT, if it were finished EARLY...maybe...just maybe! Despite the little slip up the other night, they both are doing a really good job of keeping this from me.

I love surprises!

36.gif

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results