shape
carat
color
clarity

Diary of a Lady Waiting In the Dark

legallyspoiled

Shiny_Rock
Oh my word. I don''t know what is wrong with me.
7.gif

I am having an especially weak moment right now. My heart is palpitating and I feel very anxious. I''ve been trying to focus on preparing for a client meeting tonight but I can''t get the ring out of my head!

I finally got through my legal research for the meeting. I''m going to try to finish up the meeting agenda soon so I can do something else other than work.

The thing is...I feel like I am running out of stuff to do! I guess I can always write out my to do lists for the weekend.

luckynumber

Brilliant_Rock
deep breaths legally!

just remember, once you''ve got the ring, you''ll never get this anticipation period again, like EVER!

try to enjoy the ride, the cooler you are, the more your BF will think "hey, this gal isn''t harping on about the ring all the time, now that she''s distracted with other stuff, i can really spring a surprise on her!"

well, that''s what i think anyway
3.gif

legallyspoiled

Shiny_Rock
Date: 4/23/2010 2:31:48 PM
Author: luckynumber
deep breaths legally!

just remember, once you''ve got the ring, you''ll never get this anticipation period again, like EVER!

try to enjoy the ride, the cooler you are, the more your BF will think ''hey, this gal isn''t harping on about the ring all the time, now that she''s distracted with other stuff, i can really spring a surprise on her!''

well, that''s what i think anyway
3.gif

I know! I don''t know what is wrong with me today. I was doing so well. I think these feelings will evaporate as soon as my weekend officially starts after my client meeting.

And are you kidding me? There are tons of anticipations awaiting me. Anxious to see my dress, see my wedding pictures, see my tablescape, etc etc etc!

Oh and I never harp about the ring to him that is what Pricescope is for! Sometimes he will whine about me being on Pricescope AGAIN. I just tell him that I don''t have my ring yet so I look at Pricescope to curb my appetite!

legallyspoiled

Shiny_Rock
Oh! And look what I found.
31.gif

http://www.pricescope.com/forum/show-me-the-ring/wf-pics-of-my-new-ring-t110688-30.html

HeatherL was the previous owner of my diamond. She gave it up though because the K color was too much for her. I actually love the color! Her ring size is a 7.75. My ring size is a 6. I got a 6.25 though because I have large knuckles and it was easier to get on and off.

Oh. My. Gosh. That baby is gonna be huge.
30.gif

luckynumber

Brilliant_Rock
oh wow, its gonna be fabulous!!
30.gif

beezygal

Brilliant_Rock
nice diamond legally!!!

yes.. ditto luckynumber. BREATHE!!!!

enjoy the moment of waiting :) That feeling will go by quickly without you knowing!

legallyspoiled

Shiny_Rock
Thanks ladies!

KittyGolightly

Brilliant_Rock
It sparkles like crazy! Very nice.
1.gif

dawnabee

Shiny_Rock
Ohhh breaaathhhhee!! Just take the weekend as it comes and be happy for all you have!

Nice diamond! At least you know what yours looks like!!

legallyspoiled

Shiny_Rock
Thanks Kitty and Dawn!

I can''t wait until I won''t have to stare at pics on a computer screen anymore! It''ll just be on my finger. :) If it looks as big as my finger as it does on Heather''s, I won''t be getting DSS anytime soon! Even though FF has always said, even before we seriously started looking, that he has hopes of upgrading me in a few years if things go as planned. But I''m scared the poor thing has been so traumatized from this whole experience that he''ll have second thoughts!

One more hour until I head to my client meeting and then the weekend can officially begin! Well...I gotta finish that video first.
32.gif

legallyspoiled

Shiny_Rock
>* * * * * DAY 17 * * * * *[/b]

Good news! My client meeting yesterday went super well! I am still a fairly new attorney and client meetings can be stressful. A lot of people think that I''m not competent because of my age. Their mistake! Because I kick butt and take names. This client loved my approach and signed on the dotted line, and she was ready to pay her retainer! The wedding fund is well under way!
36.gif
I immediately called FF to tell him all about it and he was thrilled. He is so supportive and always reminds me that I need to work harder at building my practice.

When I got home, I had one objective - finish the contest video! We ate dinner and I made the goodie bags for his niece''s birthday party. I could tell that FF was tired so I just asked when he wanted to do it because I had to send it in today. He said to give him 30 minutes. Well, I gave him an hour. At this point it was 11:30pm. When I woke him up to start working on the vid, he said that he didn''t want to do it. As in, he really really just did not want to do it.
8.gif
I was SO DISAPPOINTED and told him so. I was on the verge of tears. I just closed the door and went downstairs to sleep on the couch. But I couldn''t go to sleep because I was so upset so I just watched that "Kendra" show for two hours. (I love them by the way.) Anyway, around 1:30am, FF comes downstairs and says, "okay lets do it!" I was still all emotionally distraught so it took me about 10 minutes to come around. Long story short. We got the video done around 3:00am. FF was a great sport. For someone who was dead set on not doing it, he really got into the whole thing. He pulled props and everything! I stayed up another two hours editing the darn thing and our video rocks!

We aren''t going to see much of each other today. He is photographing a community event for high school students all day. By the time he finishes, I will be headed out the door to go get my nails done (gotta keep them pretty for when I get the ring) and my eyebrows threaded...and then it is off to the birthday party where I will probably be until late tonight. So no proposal today. Sorry ladies!

Ciao bellas!

luckynumber

Brilliant_Rock
thanks for the update girly!

i feel i should join this diary, FF now has the ring IN HIS POSSESSION!!!!

23.gif

beezygal

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 4/24/2010 2:52:00 PM

23.gif
Good job legally!!! Do you think he has the ring already?

congrats luckynumber.. welcome to the club..
31.gif

legallyspoiled

Shiny_Rock
Date: 4/24/2010 2:52:00 PM

23.gif

Wowzers! How do you know that he has it? How long do you think he will wait to propose.

legallyspoiled

Shiny_Rock
Date: 4/24/2010 3:55:28 PM
Author: beezygal

Good job legally!!! Do you think he has the ring already?

congrats luckynumber.. welcome to the club..
31.gif

Thanks! My gut tells me that he doesn''t but he hasn''t checked the mailbox, as far as I know because he hasn''t brought any mail inside the house, since last weekend. Which is kinda ticking me off by the way, because I ordered a sterling silver bangle that cost $100+ and I''m 100% it is in there! I think he thinks that I am just pulling his leg to get him to go. But I really did order a bracelet! And the company always ships regular postal mail. All of my other orders from them have come straight to mailbox. I digress...

I don''t think he has the ring yet. According to my timetable, it will arrive early next week.

Trust me, when I think that it is here. You will know because I will be a looney toon!
26.gif

luckynumber

Brilliant_Rock
he emailed me a teaser pic of the platinum shank (no no clues there....)
20.gif

i am soooo excited, esp since i dont know ANYTHING about the ring, we talked about what i wanted, but he could''ve gotten anything he wanted
32.gif

legallyspoiled

Shiny_Rock
Date: 4/24/2010 4:58:04 PM
he emailed me a teaser pic of the platinum shank (no no clues there....)
20.gif

i am soooo excited, esp since i dont know ANYTHING about the ring, we talked about what i wanted, but he could''ve gotten anything he wanted
32.gif

That is so mean! I would go crazy. lol

luckynumber

Brilliant_Rock
urgh, aint it the truth legally...

i was kinda expecting that he would tell me once the ring was here, coz we share everything and his excitement was already very obvious!!!

Indylady

Ideal_Rock
How adorable for him to email you a picture of the shank!!

That is so cute that he wants to keep it a total surprise for you.

legallyspoiled

Shiny_Rock
>* * * * * DAY 18 * * * * *[/b]

I finished and submitted my video to one of my preferred wedding vendors. I felt like my video was good. Now, I have something else to obsess about! Every time my blackberry goes off, I am checking to see if it is from the vendor! I probably have visited their website a dozen times today to see if they have posted any results or news regarding the contest. Ring? What ring?!

This contest actually worked out perfectly because according to my estimates the ring should arrive early this week. But my mind is stayed on the results of the vendor's prize (valued at $5,000).

Otherwise, the weekend has flown by. Yesterday, I did some light shopping for the birthday girl (FF's niece) and helped out at her SPA'rty doing manicures and facials! Sunday is always a lazy day for us. After church, I cooked dinner and have been working from home all day...while I drink wine. :)

Hmmm....I wonder if I will be off the list by this time next week.
2.gif

Oh! And I'll be doggoned if out of all weekends, I would pick this one to be too preoccupied to get my nails done! I'm toying with the idea of actually polishing them myself. *GASP!* More than likely, I will just get them polished during my lunch hour.

legallyspoiled

Shiny_Rock
>* * * * * DAY 19 * * * * *[/b]

Not much of an update since I updated so late yesterday. Aside from eagerly anticipating the contest results (the vendor didn''t say when he would announce them...he announced the results from the last contest the very next day), I am going to eagerly anticipate when he will propose. Just kidding. Although, I''ve been wondering when and where the ring will be delivered. FF hasn''t been to preoccupied with checking the mail. I had to make him do it this weekend so that I could get my bracelet and concert tickets. I wonder if he is having it delivered somewhere else...

What to do? What to do? I guess that I will just have to entertain myself with work and browsing through the top 100 wedding blogs. If you guys haven''t check out the list, I highly recommend it. There is some great ideas for inspiration.

HappyNewLife

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I bet your BF told your mom to FedEx/UPS the ring since he''s so nonchalant about leaving a $$$$$$ piece of mail in the mailbox! Though, if your mom did send it via USPS she certainly is requiring your BF to sign for it. So yeah, there''s no rush for him to check the mailbox at all I bet!

legallyspoiled

Shiny_Rock
Date: 4/26/2010 11:38:19 AM
Author: HappyNewLife
I bet your BF told your mom to FedEx/UPS the ring since he''s so nonchalant about leaving a $$$$$$ piece of mail in the mailbox! Though, if your mom did send it via USPS she certainly is requiring your BF to sign for it. So yeah, there''s no rush for him to check the mailbox at all I bet!

I gave my mother strict instructions to ship the ring via registered and insured USPS just because they insure up to $20K. (Note: My ring wasn''t nearly that much.) From what I read on here, Fedex and UPS aren''t ideal for shipping because of their insurance policies. I think that vendors have some contractual agreement with them though.

When the ring comes USPS, we won''t be home because we work hard for our money. :) The mailman will put a slip in our locked mailbox. (Note: That is why FF is so nonchalant about checking the mail. Nobody can meddle with it because you need a key to access it.) FF will have to take the slip to the post office to pick up the package. My concern is that the slip will come and will sit in the mailbox for a week before he checks it! I''m starting to suspect that he might actually have the ring delivered somewhere else though.

dawnabee

Shiny_Rock
Date: 4/26/2010 10:10:50 AM
Author: legallyspoiled

* * * * * DAY 19 * * * * *

Not much of an update since I updated so late yesterday. Aside from eagerly anticipating the contest results (the vendor didn''t say when he would announce them...he announced the results from the last contest the very next day), I am going to eagerly anticipate when he will propose. Just kidding. Although, I''ve been wondering when and where the ring will be delivered. FF hasn''t been to preoccupied with checking the mail. I had to make him do it this weekend so that I could get my bracelet and concert tickets. I wonder if he is having it delivered somewhere else...

What to do? What to do? I guess that I will just have to entertain myself with work and browsing through the top 100 wedding blogs. If you guys haven''t check out the list, I highly recommend it. There is some great ideas for inspiration.

Where can I find this??

Sounds like you had a very productive weekend! You better get your nails in shape you never know when its coming!! I cant believe your sooo close to engagement I would be jumping out of my skin with excitement lol

legallyspoiled

Shiny_Rock
Date: 4/26/2010 2:12:23 PM
Author: dawnabee

Where can I find this??

Sounds like you had a very productive weekend! You better get your nails in shape you never know when its coming!! I cant believe your sooo close to engagement I would be jumping out of my skin with excitement lol

I did pretty good this weekend. I still haven''t tackled the cleaning or laundry on the 2nd floor. My plan is to tackle it bit by bit during the evenings until it is all done. It has just gotten way out of hand.

Link: Top 100 Wedding Blogs to Follow in 2010.

Surprisingly, I am very calm about it...as of right now. I''m trying very hard not to "anticipate" it, if that makes any since. You know when you are watching a scary movie, and the music starts to rise, and you know that something is waiting around the corner....so you jump at the slightest thing? Yeah, that. I''m trying to avoid constantly anticipating that it is coming. I''ve done pretty good so far. I can''t speak for what kind of shape I will be in next weekend, if he hasn''t done it by then!

legallyspoiled

Shiny_Rock
>* * * * * DAY 20 * * * * *[/b]

Yesterday was a very long day. I wanted to pull my blanket over my head and take a nap at my desk. Yes, I have a blanket at my desk. I''m not the only person who does. It is extremely cold in here. Men walk around with 2-3 fleeces on to stay warm! I digress...I really had to amp myself up to go walking/running in the park after work. I finally got up the energy, went into the bathroom to change into my workout gear, and guess what? My new workout pants were WAY too small. Funny thing is, I bought two pair and the first pair fit fine! I easily could have gone home but I stopped at a Sports Authority on the way to the park and got some new pants! I was so proud of myself for completing my 3 miles. I''m gonna get this extra 30 pounds off it kills me!

I think that part of the reason yesterday felt so long was because I was agonizing over the contest results. I will be very disappointed if we don''t win.
7.gif
I can''t tell you how many times I checked his website yesterday.

To make matters worse, my mom has me wondering about the ring again. First of all, my mom isn''t the best at keeping secrets. When something is up, she always unintentionally gives you a "warning signal" by mentioning it somehow. On my way to the park, we had the following discussion via telephone:

Mom: I thought you were going to send me pics of the ring.
Me: I thought I did.
Mom: I want to see what the ring looks like to make sure it hasn''t been on someone else''s finger.
Me: Huh?
Mom: I want to see it because I won''t get to see it before it is on your finger.
Me: Mom, you are making no sense. I will send you the pics when I get home.

She proceeded to change the subject and I let her because I didn''t want her to accidentally give away anything. So the question becomes what got her so excited that she had to send up a warning signal? Something had to trigger her statements. Did she get the ring? (That would mean that it was finished late). Did FF call her to tell her that he had received the ring?

So now she has me pondering again. Thanks mom! Between the anxiety from the contest and the anticipation of the proposal, I had a very rough''s night sleep last night.

Please send me your dust and prayers that I win the contest and that my anxiety over the proposal goes down again.

Thanks in advance!

beezygal

Brilliant_Rock
DUST!!!******************

now you got me anxious about MY ring. 2.5 weeks until it's here... When I'm anxious, I keep on thinking something might go wrong with it. As you know, I was worrying about getting muffin top on my finger... now I don't even know what I'm worrying about. I just don't make any sense.
26.gif

Me: do you size 4.25 will be fine?
FF: yes, it's fine
Me: are you sure that's not too small or too tight?
FF: yes, don't worry about it
Me: maybe we should have ordered 4.5... but then I'll be worried that is will be too loose...
FF: ...
Me: hello? do you think it will be ok?
FF: you sound like a broken record

dawnabee

Shiny_Rock
some Prayers and Dust coming your way~~~~~~~~~~

Lol beezy thats like me but dont worry about the ring size its fixable!

legallyspoiled

Shiny_Rock
Thanks Dawn and Beezy!

Beezy, that muffin top comment cracks me up everytime. I know it is a genuine concern of yours but I can''t help but chuckle because I wonder if anyone who isn''t a Pricescoper would even consider it! At least you can discuss your ring with him. I wouldn''t dare bring it up. FF already thinks I''m crazy, lol. He pokes fun at me for constantly being on Pricescope. I''m like, "dude...I have to focus my attention somewhere!"

In other good news, the wedding fund is getting a significant boost! My mother is in the real estate business and we all know how that has been the last few years. Well with the deadline approaching for the $8K tax credit, business has skyrocketed. She has business coming in out the wha-zoo! She''s promised to contribute one third of each deal to the wedding. Yippie! But honestly, I don''t care about the money. I am just happy to see her excited about the business that she loves again. :)

PavePrincess

Shiny_Rock
Legally - That''s great about your mom!!! Real estate has been so shitty the past few years.. it''s about time for that sector to get a boost again! I''ve been reading your thread and I''m sure you''ll be the next LIW off the list!
2.gif
Good luck with your video submission.. I''m crossing my fingers for you!!!

Beezy - You are too hilarious, BUT I have the same concerns (muffin top). I was sized at between a 3.25 and 3.5, but ordered a 3.75. I''ve gained 8 pounds in the last year.. so, I now wear my "promise ring" (a half eternity wedding band) on my left hand because it''s too tight on my right hand (it''s a size 4). My boyfriend noticed this and kind of freaked out. I swear we talk about it everyday until I tell him to shut up because it makes me feel bad about how my fingers gained weight.. hahaha. This is how our convos go..

FF: Do you think a 3.75 is going to be okay???

Me: Probably.. I don''t know.. I''ve never had a ring that was sized at 3.75.

FF: Then why would we order a 3.75?!?

Me: Because I wanted it a little bit bigger than a 3.5

FF: I just know it''s going to be too small.. you need a 4.

Me: Okay.. then we''ll have them resize it to a 4.

FF: Oh no! They''re going to have to cut it!

Me: Get over it it''s not that big of a deal.

FF: i just wish we would have gotten it right the first time..

Me: SHUT UP! We''ll figure it out when it''s on my finger.. it''s NOT a big deal.

Literally every day.. hahaha. But then again.. this is from my wonderful man who was worried that they were going to make a round halo for my princess cut stone.. Love him..

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results