shape
carat
color
clarity

Diamond Color Poll

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

AChiOAlumna

Brilliant_Rock
I''m a the proud owner of an E here!!!

con17

Rough_Rock
I have an F. I orginally saw an H and fell in love with it. We later found out the jeweler was TOTALLY ripping us off (the diamond was priced over 8k too high!!), so we had to look elsewhere. So found an F and I loved the way it looked very white and icy as opposed to having that warmer color.

jellybean

Brilliant_Rock
I have two H''s and a J. The J is an ideal cut and totally blows the other two away.

longtimelurker

Shiny_Rock
My current E-ring is a F...I am color sensitive
8.gif
and anything below G is noticable to me! My original e-ring is an E (lucky break because the maul store 17
6.gif
years ago sold it as an f-g.

Sunni79

Shiny_Rock
Hi Michelle,
.50ct generally isn''t too small, but when it''s compared to a much larger stone, it looks small. When I was given my first ering, it was .59 ct. and looked bigger on my hand. When I received my new ring (1.46ct), it made my old ring look very tiny. There is nothing wrong with a smaller diamond. On this site, it is not uncommon for people to get 2-3ct stones. As long as you are happy with your stone, who cares?
2.gif

Diachi

Shiny_Rock
Okay, so I "cheated" and voted on the color of my SOON-to-be diamond-I can''t wait to get it!!!
36.gif
20.gif
30.gif

Oh, and its a D...Not that we did that on purpose, we were willing to go to the G range but this one was THE one due to its cut and the fact that it is a D is a bonus!

slagathor

Rough_Rock
I went with an "H". After looking with my girlfriend at stones as low as "L", I definitely noticed color at the "I" level and on. I was very impressed with one particular "K" that I couldn''t tell from an "E" face up. These were ideal cut stones but that "K", man...
2.gif
Could see it from the side, though. I went with "H" because the color is ever so slightly visible to me in the grading tray compared with "E" stones. I was also able to get a very high clarity as a tradeoff. By the way, that "L" was simply a lovely shade of faintest yellow and awsome!

Interestingly, my girlfriend only noticed color at the "J" level and on. The "H" works well into my master plan. Ahhhh, ha ha, ha, ha, ha, Yo! Ahhh, ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha haaaaaaa!

Firefly

Rough_Rock
Am really satisfied and happy with my E.

Initially had to choosed between F and H. Then somehow ... this E came along.

It''s so bright and white!
18.gif

In future, if I were to get another stone .. I would probably not go any lower than G.

Sunni79

Shiny_Rock
My original e-ring is an icy white E. My new ring ring is a lemon yellow Z and I love it!
30.gif

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
where did you get the "Z"?

peace, movie zombie

jaysonsmom

Ideal_Rock
For my e-ring, I currently have a "E", my very first starter e-ring was an "F". All my other inherited rings (from mom) are G, H, I.

bluedawg

Shiny_Rock
My new diamond is a D. I am so in love with it... it's so white (and in the sunlight, it's a powdery blue at times because of its MB fluorescence). My original e-ring diamond is an H. I always thought it was very white, too... but there is just something about that crystal clear D
30.gif
. When I look at it from the side, it's as lovely as the view from the top. I never felt that way about my original stone.

I told DH that I'm spoiled for life now... colorless range only for me.
31.gif

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
bump for newbies, i also found derek's old poll to add to it!!
1.gif

Sundial

Ideal_Rock
My new three stone upgrade has an F center stone and G sidestones. My old ring had a G center stone which I kept. I also have an H in a diamond solitaire pendant and F princess cut earrings, but I can''t tell any difference between them all.

Oval Girl

Rough_Rock
I have a 1.08 carat E, vs2 oval stone, and I couldn't be any happier!!!
30.gif

DON HULIO

Rough_Rock
Like some others that posted here, my e-ring is tucked away in my wall safe...It is a princess cut, 1.01 CARAT, D color, VS2. I love it, I''m proposing to my belle up in the Eiffel Tower on July 4th, I''m sooo excited....it''s gonna be awesome. Thanks to Pricescope for all the education and knowledge contained in your Forums. Ok, gotta go and check out my rock again...I''m so obsessed, oh well...
30.gif
31.gif
36.gif

abbott

Shiny_Rock
I have:
F, 2.6c(emerald),
G, 2.01c (assher),
H 2.05c,(round)
I, 5.0.c (round). and
Radiant2.2c vivid intense yellow...
emteeth.gif
... Love them all !!!!

Would love to have a "D".... Just not in the collection...........Yet..................... Abbott

sevens one

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/16/2005 10:08:39 PM
Author: abbott
I have:
F, 2.6c(emerald),
G, 2.01c (assher),
H 2.05c,(round)
I, 5.0.c (round). and
Radiant2.2c vivid intense yellow...
emteeth.gif
... Love them all !!!!

Would love to have a ''D''.... Just not in the collection...........Yet..................... Abbott

Um.............. HELLO!!!!
And where might the pictures of all these be???????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????//

Hmmmmm??????????????????????????????????????//

30.gif
30.gif

35.gif

abbott

Shiny_Rock
Sevens one... Just bought my daughter for her 20th birthday... Hoping she will have the computer skills to post pics on PS... Abbott

dazedland

Shiny_Rock
H VS1 Faint Fluor. Asscher 1.45

Nicrez

Ideal_Rock
E VVS baby, and I would love to upgrade to a D VS2. Considering my (very far in the future) upgrade to be a significant size difference (or significant value difference, like a branded ring) to make it worth while, and a better color, but could go down to a VS2 in clarity to optimize my $...

I would next get another shaped stone, probably a cushion, or squarer shaped stone and would not prefer it in warmer colors, unless for earrings or pendant.

Icy white on the digits, and warmer on the peripherals is my thinking...
9.gif
31.gif

yeewl

Shiny_Rock
Hello,

My original e-ring is 0.438 G VVS1

When i first went ''hunting'' for a bigger blubber, my aim was to look for the lowest color (G) clarity (vs2-si2) with well cut and not cost me an arm or a leg . Tough luck... wasn''t able to find one till I came across an E 0.82 vs2 with reasonable $.

Last week, by sheer luck, I found another stone (F 0.63 vs2) with similar measurement (based on their certs) to match with my current one (F 0.61 vs1) and set as a pair of earrings. Have been looking for the 2nd stone for about 1 1/2 years. Bought it during the current singapore sale. *Almost wasn''t able to own that new stone.. its a long story...

I did not actively looking for a high color unless i am unable to find a balance eg. low color, high clarity(IF) with so-so type of cut = very expensive.

I feel that once when I own a high colored stone, find it rather hard to convince myself to settle for lower color (H). Not sure about others if they feel the same way as i do. Appreicate if anyone could comment on that. thanks.

Mocha

Rough_Rock
*soon-to-be* owner of a round, E, SI1, .73 ct. We were looking for G/H originally but the E spoke to us the most and we thought it had the most well rounded specs. Cannot wait to get the sucker on my finger!
1.gif

lmurden

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/16/2005 7:16:56 PM
Author: DON HULIO
Like some others that posted here, my e-ring is tucked away in my wall safe...It is a princess cut, 1.01 CARAT, D color, VS2. I love it, I''m proposing to my belle up in the Eiffel Tower on July 4th, I''m sooo excited....it''s gonna be awesome. Thanks to Pricescope for all the education and knowledge contained in your Forums. Ok, gotta go and check out my rock again...I''m so obsessed, oh well...
30.gif
31.gif
36.gif
Belle is a very lucky girl!!!
emwink.gif

websailor

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 6/16/2005 7:16:56 PM
Author: DON HULIO
30.gif
31.gif
36.gif
How did the proposal go Don?

With a stone like that and being on the Eiffel Tower in good old romantic paris, I''d want to be very close to her so I could catch her as she swoons!

Madam Bijoux

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have at least one of every color through "I" and one fancy yellow.

Gemklctr

Shiny_Rock
Date: 8/30/2005 7:58:02 AM
Author: Madam Bijoux
I have at least one of every color through ''I'' and one fancy yellow.

Very impressive. Wife and I have:

2.03 F
1.38 G
2.17 tcw H/Is
2.25 J/K
4.81 M
3.25 FY
I traded a 2.06 E for the FY. Hope to own a D at some point, but have yet to be offered a real deal on one.
2.gif

All are visually appealing stones (at least to me) despite their color differences.

We also have a number of irradiated stones, including a 3.11 blue.

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thought this was an interesting poll. Color seems to be such an important issue. My EC is an I. It is VERY face up white and only shows its "true" colors at certain angles. My sidestones are H and I can tell no difference to them and my EC.

atroop711

Ideal_Rock
We just ordered my stone today from WF....it is an H-SI2 1.77cts with Flour and I can''t wait to receive it....the Halo Setting is being made for us by WF so we will have it in 2 weeks!

~~~~~~~~~~atroop711~~~~~~~
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results