shape
carat
color
clarity

Diamond Color Poll

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

cflutist

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Well if websailor is going to ask about carat weight, I would like to take a poll of your current e-ring center stone color.

Would also be interesting to know "why" you chose the color grade that you did.
Poll:
Question: What is the color of your current e-ring center stone?

Answers: % Votes
D 7% 22

E 13% 42

F 16% 50

G 18% 58

H 19% 59

I 14% 44

J 7% 23

K 2% 5

L - Z 2% 5

Fancy Colored Diamond 1% 3

Colored Stone (e.g. Ruby, Sapphire etc) 2% 5

Total Votes: 316

websailor

Brilliant_Rock
Where are the D and E owners? We know you are out there because we have seen your beautiful rings on SMTR.

fancyrock

Brilliant_Rock
Ohhh...ohhh... i wish i can vote, but i haven't found my center radiant yet!
8.gif
sick.gif

PuddyKat

Rough_Rock
D color owner here! I love it!
love.gif

KBerly

Brilliant_Rock
freaky...that old poll was done 1 year ago to the day
rolleyes.gif

cflutist

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Well it's going to be interesting to see if the distribution has changed in a year due to the buying habits of PS posters.

sparker

Shiny_Rock
Hi,

Cflutist knows who I am.
wavey.gif
I have an E color stone and I love the icey white!!

Suz

diamondlil

Ideal_Rock
I currently have a E color pear, but if I were to buy an ideal round, I'd happily drop to a G or H.

DiamondLil

Daniela

Brilliant_Rock
----------------
On 10/9/2004 9:19:21 PM cflutist wrote:

Well it's going to be interesting to see if the distribution has changed in a year due to the buying habits of PS posters.----------------

I agree with cflutist. Nothing wrong with asking the question again to see what has changed.

If people only ever asked questions that had not been previously addressed in the archives, there would be hardly any new posts on PS!

sevens one

Ideal_Rock
----------------
On 10/11/2004 9:41:24 AM Daniela wrote:

----------------
On 10/9/2004 9:19:21 PM cflutist wrote:

Well it's going to be interesting to see if the distribution has changed in a year due to the buying habits of PS posters.----------------

I agree with cflutist. Nothing wrong with asking the question again to see what has changed.

If people only ever asked questions that had not been previously addressed in the archives, there would be hardly any new posts on PS!
----------------

Amen to that!

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Most people don't even bother to search the archives before posting...
read.gif
..so I wouldn't worry about Pscope ever having a dearth of repeated posts.
rodent.gif

Kamuelamom

Brilliant_Rock
FWIW, when I first came to the forums I didn't even know *how* to search through the archives. I think that posting "repeat" topics in a forum is just nature of the beast. I feel that sometimes it's good to have fresh threads on previously discussed topics. Eventually they somehow get linked together anyway.

Jennifer5973

Ideal_Rock
Kmom, I agree, but I really posted to say that avatar is PRICELESS! Sooo cute!
2.gif
1.gif

Kamuelamom

Brilliant_Rock
----------------
On 10/11/2004 5:00:29 PM Jennifer5973 wrote:

2.gif
1.gif
----------------

Thanks Jennifer, I meant to comment back to you on the other thread which you mentioned the avatar. Least I think that was you.
confused.gif
I've been surfing around the forum a little bit today when I really should be packing.
cry.gif

reena

Ideal_Rock
----------------
On 10/11/2004 5:10:03 PM Kamuelamom wrote:

----------------

2.gif
1.gif
----------------

Thanks Jennifer, I meant to comment back to you on the other thread which you mentioned the avatar. Least I think that was you.
confused.gif
I've been surfing around the forum a little bit today when I really should be packing.
cry.gif

----------------

i think it may have been me, KM!
1.gif
on which island do you live, if you don't mind my asking?

cflutist

Ideal_Rock
Premium
----------------
On 10/11/2004 7:47:23 PM reena wrote:

----------------
----------------

KM, I am actually curious too as my step-father was born in Wahiawa, Oahu and is 1/4 Hawaiian. He was also a brigade commander at Schofield Barracks when he was in the US Army.

Kamuelamom

Brilliant_Rock
----------------
On 10/11/2004 7:47:23 PM reena wrote:

----------------
On 10/11/2004 5:10:03 PM Kamuelamom wrote:

----------------

2.gif
1.gif
----------------

confused.gif
cry.gif

----------------

i think it may have been me, KM!
1.gif
----------------

Whoops, I'm sorry girls. Things have been rather cuckoo lately!!
loopy.gif

reena & cflutist, I live on the Big Island. We have volcanoes, beaches and snow all in one location here. It's the only island you can be skiing or snowboarding the slopes of Mauna Kea in the morning (during season of course
9.gif
), then sipping a margarita on the beach later the same day. If you are really ambitious you can even hike to the closest lava flow too.
9.gif

cflutist, I love Wahiawa, or did when I lived on Oahu many years ago. I didn't care for the city and sunday rides to Wahiawa always reminded me of home on the Big Island where I grew up. I think it's really changed now, as has everywhere, including here.
15.gif

cflutist

Ideal_Rock
Premium
KM, websailor and I actually visited the Big Island on our honeymoon. We stayed at the Mauna Lani Bay Hotel. It was beautiful there along with the island. We drove all the way around the island (long day) and hiked out on the lava flows in Volcanoes National Park. It was amazing to see how the lava flows just wiped out roads along its path.

I know, we're off topic ... hopefully the PS police won't get us.

Back to the topic, so far the "G"s are outpacing the "H"s. I thought I read somewhere that H-SI1 was the average sweetspot?

Jennifer5973

Ideal_Rock
I had heard that too...In fact, my first ering upgrade was an H, SI1, and I think a couple of people posted *that* was the sweetspot for a colorless, clear stone at a great value.
1.gif

Kamuelamom

Brilliant_Rock
cflutist, OT happens.
9.gif

The Mauna Lani is less than 30 minutes from my home, and a very beautiful resort. I worked at the Hilton Waikoloa Village years ago when I only had one child. The whole coast is being developed now. Pretty scary actually.

kaya

Rough_Rock
I have an E colour stone, round its so white, it actually fell on the carpet and we could spot it.

cflutist

Ideal_Rock
Premium
With 79 votes so far, they seem to be clustered around GHI in the near colorless range.

Kamuelamom

Brilliant_Rock
I'd love to own a warm colored stone someday. I'd go as far as a well cut M colored stone, especially if it were in the SI1-I1 (Patty's caliber of I1, of course
9.gif
) range. Pendant or earrings? RHR in antique setting? Hmmmmmm.........

Nicrez

Ideal_Rock
How funny, I would want my next diamond to be a D for a right hand ring and and the next one to be a warm L or below for a pendant, but really too adamant about owning the colors in between...

lmurden

Ideal_Rock
I have an I color diamond and I'm proud of it!
1.gif

cflutist

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Well, at 92 votes, its a bell curve with a "blip" in the middle. G and I are outpacing the H's.

cflutist

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Any newbies want to join in?

jenwill

Brilliant_Rock
I added my D...even though it is hidden in a safe waiting for the proposal. I would also be interested to see how many people have what levels of fluorescence...since mine has medium blue, but I know that many people steer clear of fluoro. There are also those of us who deliberately chose a stone becaseu it had noticeable fluoro.

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
My ering is an E VVS1, and I love it. The colors that come off of it are amazing.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results