shape
carat
color
clarity

Diagnosis - JACKET FEVER!!!!!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

aljdewey

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/30/2007 2:34:59 PM
Author: hlmr
Good Grief! They look gorgeous!!!! I am amazed how much larger they make the studs look!

I already had pendant and leverback fever, and now I've caught the jacket fever too!!!!!!!!!!
31.gif
30.gif
11.gif
Thanks! Yeah, they DO make them look huge! Here's a pic without the jackets next to my ring.....weeeenie!

ETA: I'm not sure which they'd fit 'better' with because I only have the martinis! Mara has the same jackets with .38 stones (which is pushing the envelope of how big you can go in these) and she wondered if a four prong basket would fit better.

I think mine (.34s) are fine with the martini setting!

Comparison without jacket.JPG

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
Al J - Good Lord, woman! The new ACA studs with the jackets are GORGEOUS!!!!!!!!!!

I really, and truly think I need to invest in a set of ACA studs - they really, really look beautiful in those jackets. Gorgeous pics, as always!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I really fell in love with the idea after seeing Katie Holmes sapphires with halos. But like you, being practical, I''d much rather have separate halos that can be worn with different stones. I''m just trying to decide whether to downsize my current stones so that I can get more use out of them. I''m just not wild about wearing .75''s daily...yes, I know I am weird about that. But I do love my current stones.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
you took some amazing pictures of those jackets, i totally could not get mine to focus on anything because the stud and jacket was so blingy, the camera was FREAKING OUT.

i love how PSers enable each other..as soon as Steel posted her thread i was like HMMMMM.

for me my .38''s are perfect for jackets, anything bigger would be way too big on my ear, as it is these take up 3/4 of my ear lobe! as you guys can see even .34''s (which are even better affordability wise) would be fab too. i''d even go .30''s if i had to for price.

can''t wait to see who else gets jacket fever.
31.gif

aljdewey

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/30/2007 2:55:55 PM
Author: diamondseeker2006
I really fell in love with the idea after seeing Katie Holmes sapphires with halos. But like you, being practical, I''d much rather have separate halos that can be worn with different stones. I''m just trying to decide whether to downsize my current stones so that I can get more use out of them. I''m just not wild about wearing .75''s daily...yes, I know I am weird about that. But I do love my current stones.
11.gif
11.gif
11.gif
- Ok, so here''s an idea........

Reset the .75s into a dangle setting (a la leverback or something) that''s simple and go for this option as a stud option!

Hee hee!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mara''s right about the affordability.....I wanted to get closer to 38s, but anything larger than .34s incurred a serious price bump, so I chose these. I figure the 4 points won''t make that much difference, and these really do seem to fit the jackets quite well.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Lol! Yes, I certainly do love your leverback earrings, too! I was just trying to trade something in so I could come out of this without paying a big bunch of money!
9.gif

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
That''s it. You are accumulating too much terribly beautiful bling. Not fair. Nope.

I''m not talking to you anymore.
nottalking.gif

But, I will still oogle yer jewelery, and dream.....
daydreaming.gif

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The great thing is, with any size jackets, you have a little range that will fit. So it gives some flexibility when looking at colored stone pairs to fit them.

aljdewey

Ideal_Rock

Lemme tell you, the presence on these things....my GOD!

Kt bought a pair as well...in fact, funny story there. We''d both been considering it, but each of us decided to buy at the same time unbeknownst to the other. Turns out she was looking at one of the stones I ended up buying. That night, I was chatting with her and said "oh, I finally pulled the trigger on the stones/jackets" and told her which ones. She started laughing and said "oh, so it was YOU who clipped that stone I had an eye on!" We had a GREAT laugh at that one. She ended up with a GORGEOUS pair of 38s? I think....38s or 39s.

Anyway, she was wearing her studs/jackets for our GTG yesterday. In that picture that tberube photoshopped, I noticed that her earring was BLIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIINGING big time.....even though this is a small snippet photo, LOOK at that thing BLAZE!!

Ktblingjackets.jpg

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/30/2007 3:10:13 PM
Author: aljdewey

In that picture that tberube photoshopped, I noticed that her earring was BLIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIINGING big time.....even though this is a small snippet photo, LOOK at that thing BLAZE!!
WOW.

aljdewey

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/30/2007 3:06:18 PM
Author: Ellen
That''s it. You are accumulating too much terribly beautiful bling. Not fair. Nope.

I''m not talking to you anymore.
nottalking.gif

But, I will still oogle yer jewelery, and dream.....
daydreaming.gif

ME? You oughta see Kt''s arsenal! She puts me to SHAME!

I was able to wear everything I have at the GTG yesterday except for the new earrings. SHE, on the other hand, didn''t have enough holes/appendages for all her lovely pieces!

Her new little .34 bezel pendant is to DIE for, by the way! SERIOUSLY stunning!

Steel

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/30/2007 2:06:59 PM
Author:aljdewey

I''d like to personally thank STEEL for started the NOXIOUS, VIRAL jacket flu that seems to have struck PS! The proverbial grapevine was BUZZING on these after she posted a pic of her 1-ct stone next to the jacketed smaller studs and PS-land saw how huuuuuuuuuge they looked. Steel, I''m holding you personally responsible for the dent in my bank account!
Attention please, attention please, Miss DIVA would like to make the following announcement:

"Resistance is futile. All studs will be assimilated and fitted with sparkly diamond jackets."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sigh....

20.gif

It is terrible, she has been like this ever since she got those jackets. Watch out you are not just buying diamond accessories you ary buying your studs a superiority complex. Don''t say you haven''t been warned. They sit in the jewellery box (...What..yes..ok...Ok...I''ll change it to throne...good grief...stop eves dropping...sigh...) make that, they sit in their jewellery throne

20.gif
and every morning you get ''the look'', "so you are wearing me today aren''t you?" they say. Forget about options, you HAVE to wear them....trust me it is not worth the ear ache! [Get it - EAR ache! I know its a weak joke but throw me a bone here
31.gif
]

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

aljdewey, thanks for the shout out

35.gif
. You took great pictures and the studs look right at home in those jackets. Great choice
36.gif
. So what do you think to the pink ones? huh, huh I wonder who will break first and buy them
17.gif
?

yummyjackets.gif

baby monster

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow. Those earring jackets are gorgeous.
30.gif
They look great on your ear!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I would SO love to have the pink ones!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
they look gorgeous as expected.....what a great size too!!!

dani13

Ideal_Rock
GORGEOUS!!!! They look just FAB on you Alj, and your pics are amazing....
30.gif
30.gif

I think I am feeling a little under the weather.....maybe a fever coming on??
2.gif

snlee

Ideal_Rock
They are gorgeous alj! Great pictures too! We''re almost stud twins - I have a pair of .70tcw, I, VS2 ACA studs from WF. What a great size with jackets. If I ever feel like these babies are too small, you know what I''ll be doing!

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
I love them!!!
30.gif
These are the ones we saw yesterday, right? They''re gorgeous. I have a folder of rings and pendants I love, and now I just have to add these. Hopefully in the future we''ll have a project in the making. *sigh*

aljdewey

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/30/2007 4:02:43 PM
Author: zoebartlett
I love them!!!
30.gif
These are the ones we saw yesterday, right? They''re gorgeous. I have a folder of rings and pendants I love, and now I just have to add these. Hopefully in the future we''ll have a project in the making. *sigh*
Yes, these are the same ones you saw yesterday. I had mine in the box (was wearing the leverbacks) and Kt had hers on.

SWOONABLE!

aljdewey

Ideal_Rock
Ok, it's time for a family portrait!

May I introduce you to the Halo family??!!
30.gif

Halofamily.JPG

aljdewey

Ideal_Rock
This is a family with a SERIOUS pedigree.....all gorgeous ACA stones!

Halofamily1.jpg

aljdewey

Ideal_Rock
This family is burning hot.........on fire!

Halo family on fire.jpg

aljdewey

Ideal_Rock
How about a little fire, scarecrow??

Halo family on fire1.jpg

aljdewey

Ideal_Rock
When I said my relatives were ''colorful'', I wasn''t kidding!!
9.gif

Halo familyCOLORS.JPG

aljdewey

Ideal_Rock
I wish a little backlighting did for ME what it does for my diamonds!! LOL

earrings-jackets.jpg

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/30/2007 4:43:23 PM
Author: aljdewey
This is a family with a SERIOUS pedigree.....all gorgeous ACA stones!
True that. Love your new studs and jackets, they are fabulous!!!
30.gif

aljdewey

Ideal_Rock
After seeing Selkie''s AMAZING bezel sapphires yesterday, I''m PINING for a set of sapphire martinis to go in these jackets too!

TBERUBE....if you get a chance, do you think you could do a little photoshop magic for me to show me those sapphire in my jackets??

Hudson_Hawk

Super_Ideal_Rock
AH-MAZING!! And even more gorgeous in person!!!

sevens one

Ideal_Rock
love the new studs and jackets.

Especially lovin the pics!
26.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results