shape
carat
color
clarity

Dear Diary

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

mimzy

Brilliant_Rock
dear diary,

it''s been six months. three of my bridesmads, including my sister/moh have not ordered their dresses. SIX MONTHS. i offered to buy it for them and then have them send me a check, but nope, they will do it. and no, if you don''t get it in time running out to macy''s to pick up another dress is not an acceptable option.

i think i am just going to suck it up and ask my dad and stepmom to help plan the rehersal dinner. i know FI''s parents said they would host it, but, again, it''s been six months and they haven''t even mentioned it. or the wedding in general.... at all. and no, i didn''t think it was funny when FI''s dad asked me what ring i was wearing when he FINALLY noticed that his son gave me an engagement ring this weekend.

i really appreciate that my dad wants to be included in everything, but it''s frustrating that it takes him two to four weeks (or more) to get back with me about things. he said that he would do the invitation wording two months ago, but he still hasn''t even looked at it. it''s not a pressing matter, but it''s still frustrating.sigh.

FI and i went and registered! it was really fun to see FI get excited about it too. even though will are going to be in an apartment for a few more years (and unable to paint), we still picked colors for a bathroom and our kitchen. registering went against so many of my sensibilities (particularly the ones that render me the cheapest person alive), but hopefully it''ll be okay. i just get nervous because people always judge people by their registries, and i tried to keep ours as neutral as possible, if that''s possible.

i can''t wait for august. only a month and a week and a half until school is over for the summer and i can spend two and a half glorious weeks focusing on wedding stuff before school starts again. (wait, i guess two and a half weeks doesn''t really qualify as a summer, does it
40.gif
)

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
Dear ZoZo,

Why on earth did you feel the need to buy 60 jars of blueberry jam to put into the welcome bags when there are only 11 rooms booked? Lesson learned -- don''t order items that you THINK you''ll need. Wait until the numbers are in and then go from there. You''ll now be eating blueberry jam with EVERYTHING for months if the store doesn''t let you return some.

Get over being annoyed that a friend is bringing someone that you don''t care for to the wedding. Oh, and get over being annoyed that she wrote in this person even though you didn''t put "and guest" on the invitation. You''ve met the guy once, so he''s pretty much a random guest, but so be it. There are worse things that could happen.

19 more days to go!

Splurge a little on the honeymoon. Go out for amazing dinners (etc.) -- don''t scrimp on everything. Treat yourself. It''s okay.

pocahontas

Brilliant_Rock
Dear FMIL,
Can you please just get over the fact that your only child – the begotten son himself – is getting married? I understand that you chose not to get remarried after FI’s dad past away a million years ago because no one would be good enough for your son. But seriously, can you cut the umbilical cord already? I mean, honestly, after nine years of us dating, you didn’t see this coming? I thought it was bad enough that you responded to our engagement by asking “don’t you think you should wait?” followed by “well, um, if you’re happy then I guess I’m happy” followed by “well, I’m not living with this person or that person so you’re going to have to find me a new apartment.” But, now you pretend like we're not getting married. Well I have news for you - WE ARE!

Dear FI,
You are the most amazing, funny, easy-going, honest and supportive person I know. I am so blessed to have you as a partner and I thank God every day for bringing you into my life. You’re my best friend in the whole world and I can’t wait to be your wife and start a family with you. I’m so proud of you for not letting your mother’s negative energy take away from our happiness. I love you so much.

Dear Sister/MOH,
I know you’re upset about the news that FI and I are leaning towards an April/09 wedding date because that means BF probably won’t be able to attend. I know that sucks. I want him there too. But, like I explained (or tried to anyways), this is what works best for us and besides May is the beginning of the rain season in the DR. I understand that weather is unpredictable and nothing is guaranteed, but really you don’t get why we wouldn’t want to take more chances than necessary when there are other guests to consider? In the end I have faith in you and I know you’ll be awesome, BUT if it rains throughout my wedding week I will hold you personally responsible – lol!

Dear Mom,
I love you so much. You’re so supportive and understanding…most of the time. Yes, I know you want to plan a wedding. And yes, I know that there won’t be as much planning required for a destination wedding as an at-home wedding. But seriously, can you please just get over it. Besides, sis will get married in the next few years and she wants the whole fairytale wedding thing so be patient and you’ll get your chance with her, okay? Okay!

Dear Dad,
I love you so much too! Thanks for not asking too many questions or making too many comments…well, since my breakdown a few weeks ago anyways. I know you just want me to be happy so with that I have two requests. First, can you please get your passport renewed? I know it doesn’t take a year to process, but you’re such a procrastinator so can you please just do it now before something comes up and there’s a problem. Second, can you not dye your hair for the wedding? I know some people have told you you look younger, but it’s not natural for a 60 year old man to have jet black hair.

anchor31

Ideal_Rock
Dear Diary,

39 days before the wedding. Apparently, FI''s mom still doesn''t have a dress. Why am I not surprised?
20.gif

Cleopatra

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 6/24/2008 11:23:41 AM
Author: anchor31
Dear Diary,

39 days before the wedding. Apparently, FI's mom still doesn't have a dress. Why am I not surprised?
20.gif

39 days?! woah - i better get on some things! Anchor, I feel your pain - after 3 dress purchases, mom is, once again, unsure of her dress - I sometimes feel like pulling out my hair - It took me 3 hours to find my dress - It's taken my mom over 14 months....god help me
20.gif

Courtneylub

Brilliant_Rock
Dear Me,

32 days!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Look what you have left.

This month

o Arrange accommodations for out of town guests (Steve)- in process

o Select and book wedding day transportation (Steve)

o Groom''s attire (Steve)

o Put CD’s and songs together for DJ (Steve)

o Give DJ list of requested songs

o Give photographer a photo checklist (meeting with them in 3 weeks)

o Schedule tanning and nail appointments

July

o Marriage license (first week in July)

o Finalize all vendors

o Finalize food and beverages

o Wedding day itinerary and give to vendors

o Contact guests that haven’t RSVPed

o Pick up Steve’s ring

o Visit site for floor plan

o Create floor plan

o Determine VIP seating for ceremony and reception

o Create “To Bring” list

Week of

o Final count to Robbie

o Pack for wedding night

o Calll MAC and confirm Teresa as artisit

Day of

o Itinerary

o Pack “To Bring” items

o Give ring to Mom

o Bring License

oobiecoo

Ideal_Rock
Dear Diary,

My Wedding has come and go... and I feel kind of dissapointed. Alot of things turned out nicely but a lot of things didn''t. I had 10 months to plan... why did things go wrong? No one seemed to really notice (other than the lopsided cake) and I''ve gotten nothing but compliments on the wedding, so why do I still feel this way? I feel like I need to do it all over again so it can be *perfect*. Why does it matter so much? Why can''t I let it go? *sigh*

Oobie

rubybeth

Ideal_Rock
Oh, these are so fun/interesting/revealing. I am especially enjoying yours to yourself, ZoZo!
1.gif

I''ll play, too:

Dear Diary,

Last week was kind of rough. Discussing calling it all off because we both felt apprehensive was kind of scary, but I''m glad we talked about how we were both feeling, and how we felt better the next day, and even better the day after that. Maybe it was just the weather, or low seritonin levels. *shrug*

Signing the lease papers for the apartment was exciting! Now that we''ve actually decided on a place that''s close to where I work and where he goes to school feels good. It will be a short walk or bike ride for both of us, so that will save gas, and therefore, money. Money is a big deal since we''re both still in school and paying for gas for me to commute an hour and a half away for class each week is rough. Better to finish up school ASAP and get a real job than drag it out only to spend more time working at a job that''s going nowhere.

Also, buying our new mattress was kind of stressful--who knew laying down on a bunch of beds would be exhausting?--but felt great once we made a decision. No more sharing a full size mattress, and actually having a reason to get new sheets from our registry is cool.

Getting back our reply postcards in the mail with fun notes on them has been really cool, too. Everyone loves our photos on the stamps from Zazzle! Plus, it''s interesting to see who chooses the vegetarian option when they aren''t even vegetarian. Fettuccine with veggies just sounds yummy, I guess! Hmm, reminds me we need to decide what we will eat. So looking forward to having the wine and tiramisu, and getting some extra truffles for ourselves to take as our own ''favor'' from the wedding.

Kind of annoyed that S''s aunts offered to throw a shower for me but haven''t e-mailed me for addresses yet--the date they chose is less than a month away! Plus, two of my closest friends can''t make it that day, so would like to change it, but maybe they are too busy to plan a shower now. Oh well. Am working on figuring out what to do for a ''bachelorette'' night. I want to invite friends who aren''t invited to the wedding and make sure they know that no gifts are required. Is pizza and bowling too tacky?

Still need to get our marriage license, buy a suit for him, and decide on a hairstyle. Realized a few days ago that I am actually going to be a pretty bride--really! My hair is a good length, and my skin is much better now that it''s not so cold and dry outside. Can''t wait to wear my dress and red shoes and make my bouquet. Can''t wait to see the look on S''s face when he sees me. Especially can''t wait to hear my cousin playing "Morning Has Broken" and to walk down the aisle holding S''s hand.

mimzy

Brilliant_Rock
dear diary,

things have never been better. FI and i have had the absolutely best two months or so and i feel so ready and prepared to be married. we've been talking a lot about things that matter and what we are each going to give to make sure our relationship stays strong. it's been a really good bonding experience and i feel closer to him now than i ever have before and i think he feels the same too.

but i'm feeling sad for oobiecoo
7.gif
. i feel really bad that she feels disappointed looking back on her wedding day. i've read that this is normal and that there are all sorts of factors that play into it, but i guess you never can tell. hopefully the good memories start outweighing the other thoughts and that she can look back with nothing but fondness. even if it takes some time, i hope she gets there. her wedding certainly looked beautiful to me!

xoxo,
lexi

winston26

Shiny_Rock
Dear Diary,
I am writing to diary while working since I am even more bored with work than before I was married.

I hope Oobie will sign in today. What she wrote describes exactly how I feel also. Everyone told me over and over not to expect it to be perfect but I thought they meant 1 or 2 things -- not nearly as many issues as we had. Nothing major happened, no one noticed anything, they all had a great time, so I should be happy?!?! Why am I disappointed and, more importantly, how am I going to shake it off? I was packing up all the wedding brochures that were laying everywhere in the house and started to cry....I can''t believe I spent THAT MUCH TIME on it and still had things go wrong. I want to plan it again just because I''ve learned so many things--it''s not fair to have to plan a fabulous wedding in one and only one try. Must focus and remember that most of it was out of my control. I wonder what Oobie felt was wrong with her wedding.

iwannaprettyone

Ideal_Rock
Dear diary,

I am so relieved my dress is in and fits! It seems like I am slowly getting things accomplished. I am super frustrated about my invitations. The print guy was supposed to print a proof for me to see Friday. I go down there and he hasn''t even put a negative together and so it will be next week sometime. grrrrr I have time, but it is on my mind.

All else is well, except FI might be hitting the road again. I hope here is here for the wedding
32.gif

Oh, the president of the company I work for said he has a time share in Cabo, he has offer it to us for our Honeymoon. So nice!

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
Dear diary,
I haven''t done any wedding planning or anything in over two months. Get ass in gear!

mimzy

Brilliant_Rock
dear diary,

i''m so glad that FI finally talked to his parents about their inexplicable lack of interest in the wedding. his mom has even asked if she could help with things! like the shower! whoa!

sort of related, i am glad that his parents decided not to get a divorce (or at least not right now). it might sound horribly selfish, but i don''t know how FI would handle it, and i think it would have been safe to say that one of his parents wouldn''t be at his own wedding because of it.

my dress is supposed to come in this week!! i hope i fit in it
23.gif
. i made a ''to do'' list yesterday during counseling (the class, not a session) and it was almost three pages long. i guess it will be good to have it in writing in front of FI and i, so we can just refer to that rather than try to remember. it''s a little daunting though! (but just a tiny bit). i can''t wait for august when i get start crossing some things off of it!

iwannaprettyone

Ideal_Rock
Dear Diary,

I can''t stop eating.

Thanks.

IWANNANUTHAPIECACHOCOLATE

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results