shape
carat
color
clarity

Cym-Brie''''s Asscher Quest (pix included, more to come)

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

cymbrie

Shiny_Rock
Thanks Shay, I have a "feeling" about this one too
9.gif
30.gif

Dazzling you got that right bay area housing is obscene! Ironically it's the wedding that's probably going to lose out on budget LOL. We're looking at some homes in SJ it's going to be a stretch but we're a stretching. For the wedding we'll prolly end up on the beach in Santa Cruz somewhere in burlap sacks exchanging I do's and Micky D's LOL! Nah it probably will just be immediate family maybe a few friends at the most. But you know I think it'll be cool after all my folks tied the knot at the Justice of the Peace in downtown Honolulu and 41 years later they're still together so that ain't too shabby. I'm really hoping for a small ceremony on the beach in HI coicidentally it would be the same place my folks had their nuptual celebration dinner and my sis had her reception. We'll lay out cots for everyone at my folks house LOL.

ETA Thanks Belle!

dazzling

Rough_Rock
Ok, Cymbrie, now I KNOW we are living parallel lives. Although we are waiting on the house until we are certain this is where we want to be for at least a few years...we want to do an intimate wedding too. Spending money on a ring that lasts a lifetime was fine with us, but spending an insane amt.of $$$ on 4 hours of our lives isn''t our style. We are more about the marriage than the wedding. Of course we want a lovely day with beautiful memories and pictures.... but we hope to avoid being complete victims of the wedding industry. We are looking to have it in Hawaii on the big island... still considering Tahoe or Yosemite, but I think Hawaii will win. Fortunately, our friends and most of our family members are happy to take a vacation. (ok, my parents aren''t thrilled, but hopefully they''ll get over it!) I think we will do a little research trip next month... ooops.. guess this should be in the bride forum! Sorry to get off track!

cymbrie

Shiny_Rock
Ha ha no worries it's my thread so unless others are offended I'm cool. Yeah we're pretty certain we're staying here for at least 5 years so house is good and we promised FI's daughter she could finish grade school in at her elementary school. Also we really want a dog and it's hard to have a big dog in a condo. I didn't think we were going to do the house thing so quick but FI says we can and hey twist my arm you know
2.gif
Ironically even though I was born and raised in HI I'm a bit ashamed to admit I've NEVER been to the Big Island. I hear it's awesome though. I'm an Oahu girl and there's a very special place we've gone to our whole lives a beachfront hotel off the beaten path. The place my parents and sis had their post betrothal parties. They have ceremony packages there starting at $1100 so that's my hope. We're also considering central coast north of Santa Barbara where FI is from, or Santa Cruz where he proposed. I think the consensus is somewhere we love on the beach. In a way we've been 'married' for years this is more a formality in someways just something intimate to commemorate it would be awesome. Honestly with as much we have going on in our lives and as much as we've gone thru to even get to this place together, I'm not sure either of us could handle the stress or have the time to plan a huge gala affair. If you told me 5 years ago I would have the opportunity to marry this man I would have been like yeah right maybe in another lifetime...and here we are

Big Island should be awesome though, my boss and his wife got married on Maui in an intimate ceremony and LOVED it!

MacClure

Brilliant_Rock
this may be 'off thread' (i'm still new to all this posting stuff...so i can almost get away with anything...lol.)....but, cymbrie...he proposed in santa cruz? my girl doesn't know it yet, but, i'm gonna propose to her in capitola, which is a few miles south of santa cruz....that's the first place we 'took a trip' together. almost four years ago! we love the beach also....capitola-santa cruz beach areas are our favorites. also, our new place in pizmo beach. anyhow, if i can decide on my stone, i can get on with my proposal (gulp) at capitola....

cymbrie

Shiny_Rock
Hey TH no worries like I told Daz, it''s my thread digression is totally fine by me...makes for interesting conversation
9.gif
. Hey that''s cool Capitola is sweet. Yeah we were in downtown SC and around 4pm FI suggested we go to the beach I thought it was a bit strange since it was late in the day, but didn''t think much of it. It was a bit cold on the beach so we sat on a piece of driftwood and looked out across the ocean the sun hovered low in the sky. He began to talk about how much we''d been thru together and all the obstacles we overcame to be together and how he wanted us to spend our lives together. He produced a little box with my wband and asked me to be his wife. I don''t know why I remember a woman walking her golden retriever pause and flash a beaming smile as I nodded yes tears welling in my eyes. It wasn''t fancy or orchestrated just a wonderful little moment punctuated by the ebbing tide. You know, I don''t even remember the date. LOL I think it was in March of last year sometime. We were in the midst of much trauma and chaos at the time, he was still embroiled in a three year custody battle with his ex. He was eventually awarded full custody. He lost a few family members, another went to war, and he still managed to help his father overcome cancer. Believe it or not there is much more but it would take too long to elaborate further. He is the most extraordinary father, FI, son and man you could ever know. He inspires me everyday to become a better person. At no point under such duress did he ever falter, stoop or lose his sense of integrity. And somehow thru it all never lost his positive outlook and joie de vivre. In someways I can''t believe we made it, we''ve overcome more than some do in a lifetime. Hence the feeling like we''re already married in some ways. I figure if we can make it thru that and still laugh and love, be best friends and still have that spark after all these years, we''ve got a great shot at a lifetime together. That is the hope, that is the goal.

koabreath

Rough_Rock
Hi Cymbrie . . . just popped into tell ya I love ya !
30.gif

cymbrie

Shiny_Rock
Hee hee hee thanks Hon I love you too.
30.gif
9.gif
ok we''d better not gross out all the lovely PSers! LOL back to asschers...

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
eeeewwww mushy mushy in rocky talky!

LOL

cymbrie

Shiny_Rock
I know I know I''m sorry we''re so sappy even we agreed we need to take our own arses outside and kick em. You''re Schmoopy...no, no you''re Schmoopy LOL. Ok back to featherasscher my pet name for it because of the little feather by the cutlet
9.gif
Jonathan says you can''t see with the naked eye
2.gif
Can''t believe I have to wait until Tuesday when GOG opens to know if more came in. What WILL I do in the meantime? Thanks to everyone for tolerating us sappy geeks
31.gif

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/5/2006 7:44:33 PM
Author: cymbrie
I know I know I''m sorry we''re so sappy even we agreed we need to take our own arses outside and kick em. You''re Schmoopy...no, no you''re Schmoopy LOL. Ok back to featherasscher my pet name for it because of the little feather by the cutlet
9.gif
Jonathan says you can''t see with the naked eye
2.gif
Can''t believe I have to wait until Tuesday when GOG opens to know if more came in. What WILL I do in the meantime? Thanks to everyone for tolerating us sappy geeks
31.gif
Awww, I think it''s too cute!! Methinks featherasscher is the one, we''ll have to wait and see. Sooo exciting!!!
3.gif

dottcomm1

Rough_Rock
cymbrie, you''ve convinced me to go to gog! but please, send back that beautiful one on left so i can scoop it up!
9.gif

that is soooo gorgeous! it''s going to be hard to look at anything else besides your ring! i can''t wait to go and look for myself!!

congrats!!!!

cymbrie

Shiny_Rock
Thanks for being supportive as always Kaleigh I swear to god before I met Koa I used to think schmoopy couples were gross so did he in fact when we were "just friends" (we always thought the other was cute though ;^) we would make fun of em now we are one D''OH
20.gif
karmic payback I guess LOL.

Sorry DC methinks featherasscher will probably come live on my paw. Now that we''ve got you into the GOG persuasion perhaps we can win you over to the generic asscher side as well
2.gif
with the $$$ you save you can get a real honker
9.gif
. The cool thing about GOG though is they carry both RA and generic so when you go in Jonathan can probably show you each type side by side what a TREAT you lucky girl! BTW when I first started my search I was fixated on the RA too. As you see/learn/research more one particular type will jump out at you...just as the bright drop did for me. Do keep us posted! Oh and check out Kaleigh''s RHR also from GOG it''s GORGEOUS! Oh and there''s Richard Alexanders (scroll to 2nd asscher) though his is from WF one of my superfavs, and did you see the new honker in SMTR 2.15ct E IF?!!! I have a whole folder of fav asschers, oh and do a search for orangehorse''s asscher it''s unbelievable! Too many to name...I say we all start an Asscher SMTR topic what say ye?

https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/heres-my-storm-worthy-asscher.31908/
https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/you-can-kiss-my-asscher-its-done.33930/
https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/ascher-aascher-good-to-great.35114/
https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/my-beautiful-asscher-engagement-ring.41271/

cymbrie

Shiny_Rock
Sweet just heard from Jonathan that he has 3 more stones coming in tomorrow so hopefully I will have more pix of more stones and would love opinions to help me narrow the choices. Numbers so far indicate Featherasscher may still be the best candidate, but stay tuned there will be more asscher candy coming...
9.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results