shape
carat
color
clarity

Creating my dream paraiba ring

S

SparkliesLuver

haha Exactly, Acinom! Just got back from the post office, actually.

I am, yes! I wear my tourmaline ring once a week, and I try to wear my "son's ring" several times a week. I think my left hand is starting to get jealous of all the rotations on my right hand. :naughty:

_lovesvintage_

Brilliant_Rock
What a great update! I am just now catching up. Your stones are already headed to DK! Nice! I definitely agree with the slightly tilted halo, even though I am very late commenting on that detail. This ring will be soooo amazing once it is done. I am very excited for you. :) So how long until it will be done?

S

SparkliesLuver

_lovesvintage_ said:
What a great update! I am just now catching up. Your stones are already headed to DK! Nice! I definitely agree with the slightly tilted halo, even though I am very late commenting on that detail. This ring will be soooo amazing once it is done. I am very excited for you. :) So how long until it will be done?

Yes, DK received all my stones yesterday, so I slept much better last night. :lol: He and I discussed avoiding the flying saucer look, so I'm thankful to everyone for pointing that out. Aw, thank you! :D I'm actually not sure about the timing. I haven't discussed that with him as, honestly, I don't have a time frame. I'm excited and anxious, don't get me wrong, but I want him to take the time he needs.

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
So do you feel that the next step is fabrication, or are you still tweaking the cads? It looks beautiful to me, but I totally get the not rush it, wait until you feel that you've got everything, approach.

S

SparkliesLuver

minousbijoux said:
So do you feel that the next step is fabrication, or are you still tweaking the cads? It looks beautiful to me, but I totally get the not rush it, wait until you feel that you've got everything, approach.

I wanted to see the tilt in the CADs so here is the final round. This is it! :dance: I gave him the green light whenever he's ready.

_33262.jpg

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The new CAD looks great. I love the slight tilt.

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Looks gorgeous-- the slight tilt definitely makes a difference and looks great! Excited for you!! :clap:

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
So melees in the shank? What do you think of same width shank versus tapered shank?

S

SparkliesLuver

Thanks, Acinom and lovedogs. I feel the slight tilt made a big difference as well! Super thankful it was pointed out.

Yes, diamond melee in the shank, Chrono. I don't know why, but for some reason I see the same width shank on this ring. Maybe it's because there's a lot happening from above, so I don't want there to be another element happening on the shank. Not sure. Just trusting my gut on this one, I guess.

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh wow I think it looks great! Not that my opinion matters that much, but I agree with your decision about the shank. I can't wait to see the finished piece!

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Agree on the same width shank. It looks clean and balanced while the melee will create an elegant blingy accent

Rockinruby

Ideal_Rock
Yay on giving DK the go ahead! I think the final CAD looks great! The tilt did make the design more fluid. It looks really lovely! Very excited for you Sparkliesluver! :appl:

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
SparkliesLuver|1439557359|3914444 said:
Thanks, Acinom and lovedogs. I feel the slight tilt made a big difference as well! Super thankful it was pointed out.

Yes, diamond melee in the shank, Chrono. I don't know why, but for some reason I see the same width shank on this ring. Maybe it's because there's a lot happening from above, so I don't want there to be another element happening on the shank. Not sure. Just trusting my gut on this one, I guess.

Good thinking

S

SparkliesLuver

It matters junebug, and I appreciate you chiming in. :D

Thanks, Acinom! Glad you agree as well. Yes, balanced is a good word for it.

Thank you, rockinruby! The tilt did make more of a difference than I thought it would. It was pretty exciting to give him the go ahead! Now the waiting begins. haha

Thank you, minous. :D

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Any news Sparklies? Did David make a wax model?

S

SparkliesLuver

No news, Acinom, although I haven't asked. I might ask later this week if I haven't heard anything. Curiosity is almost killing the cat, here! :lol:

elle_71125

Ideal_Rock
Premium
SparkliesLuver, this is one ring that I can't wait to see brought to life. :dance: The colors of paraiba tourmalines are my favorite and I just know this ring is going to be stunning.
I will be stalking this thread! :naughty:

S

SparkliesLuver

Aw, thank you, elle. :) They're indeed one of my favorites as well. I can't wait to get my stones back but in a whole new way. :D

S

SparkliesLuver

My paraiba ring box arrived! :dance: Now all I need is the finished ring. :D

_34191.jpg

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Eh? Got me excited for nothing. :nono: I thought I'd be seeing the finished ring nestled in the box but instead all I see is an empty box. :bigsmile:

S

SparkliesLuver

:lol: Sorry, Chrono. I know, I know; it was mildly cruel. I was just so excited about my new ring box that I had to share, despite not having the actual ring yet. Gotta get excited about something, right?! I sincerely hope the next post I make in this thread with be with the finished ring!

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oooh! How cruel indeed!
But your box is amazing. I like!!!
Your ring will look stunning in it.

Will David first send you pics of the ring prior to the stones being set?

S

SparkliesLuver

haha Thank you, Acinom. :) Nope, I don't think he will. I believe I'll only see the finished ring.

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
You tease!

Lisa Loves Shiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ack! I got all excited. I will wait longer............

:)

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
SparkliesLuver|1441798746|3925504 said:

NOOOOOOO! I was so excited to see the ring itself ;( ;( ;( You are killing us! :lol:

S

SparkliesLuver

haha Sorry, minous, Lisa and lovedogs. I haven't heard anything about my ring, so I suppose I'll send him an email tomorrow. I figure that's fair. :)

Lisa Loves Shiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
SparkliesLuver|1441827872|3925731 said:
haha Sorry, minous, Lisa and lovedogs. I haven't heard anything about my ring, so I suppose I'll send him an email tomorrow. I figure that's fair. :)

A little anticipation is good. :) I know your ring will be amazing!

_lovesvintage_

Brilliant_Rock
I was hoping to see your beautiful ring too. Beautiful color on your Mrs. Box. I really need to finish making my home made ones after seeing yours and the other PSers posting theirs on the SMTB thread. I will keep checking back for updates since you said that you might e-mail him soon. :)

elle_71125

Ideal_Rock
Premium
SparkliesLuver|1441798746|3925504 said:

I will admit, I didn't know the "MRS box" was even a thing until I saw something posted over on loupe troop. :shifty:
It is very pretty though and should compliment the colors of your paraiba very nicely.

Are you planning on sending the box to David so you get the full impact?

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results