shape
carat
color
clarity

Creating my dream paraiba ring

katharath

Ideal_Rock
That is disappointing about VC but you and your friend are right - good way to look at it. You'll find the right person for the job!

S

SparkliesLuver

Thank you, katharath. :) It's nice to not have a time frame, so I can take my time to find the right person.

Barrett

Ideal_Rock
Very cool, SparkLuv! I love the color! Glad you got the AGL report done. I have had Batalha paraiba melee's before....looked just like yours. Yes, very easy to lose....lol. The only melee's I have ever had smaller than those were red beryl. Keep up the good post!

Lovinggems

Ideal_Rock
You should definitely keep the paraiba melees in the design. :devil:

S

SparkliesLuver

Thanks, Barrett! I'm happy you stopped by. :)

haha You're right, Lovinggems. And that's exactly what I'm going to do. I've found a vendor (and designer) to work with, so I'm very excited about what's to come!

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Very nice! :appl: I'm watching the progress (sorry i'm not participating much tho) :wavey:

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
So glad you have found a talented vendor/designer Sparkliesluver! Looking forward to see the outcome. You said it will take a while but it will be worth it!!

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh one more thing, I noticed that VC won't do outside melee. Contact David Klass for sure.

S

SparkliesLuver

That's ok, Arcadian. I'm happy you're following along! :D Yeah, I found that out too. I was pretty bummed, but things have a way of working out for a reason. It's funny you mention DK because that's actually who I'll be working with for this project. :)

Thank you so much, Acinom! I am too. Well, I had planned on it taking awhile (to get my piggy bank up), but what DK quoted me will be doable in the very near future. :dance:

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ha! So excited to hear that you will work with DK again. I love his craftmanship, work ethic, customer service and pricing.
Enjoy the process! What is the estimated end date?

S

SparkliesLuver

haha Me too. ;-) Thank you. Oh, we're not that far yet. haha I told him I don't have a time frame, so however long it takes us to get the design right and then for him to complete the ring how he sees fit is fine by me. Hopefully we can get started this week or next.

It was an interesting process to request quotes from several vendors. Their responses were all fairly different, so you could sort of get a feel about them early on (which was very helpful).

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sounds great Sparkliesluver!

The last time I requested multiple quotes for a project, was for my french cut OEC ring. The customer service and possibilities (for example: what colors can be quoted or not) needs to fit with your personal preferences and expectations. I agree that you get a good feel early on.

S

SparkliesLuver

You make valid points, Acinom. I ruled out several vendors rather quickly, so it came down to DK and one other vendor; however, DK stepped up and I felt very good about things. Plus, I'm excited to work with Elle. :dance:

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Who is Elle? :read:
You are not referring to our ElleW aren't you?
What will be Elle's role vs DK's role?

S

SparkliesLuver

haha Yes, "our" Elle indeed. :) She will collaborate with DK for the design portion, then he will take it from there.

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
SparkliesLuver|1437404877|3905178 said:
haha Yes, "our" Elle indeed. :) She will collaborate with DK for the design portion, then he will take it from there.

Wow! The three of you will be such a dream team!

S

SparkliesLuver

:lol: I think they're the dream team! But in all seriousness, I really am excited about working with both of them to come up with something special for this ring. The stones deserve it.

gemandjewelrylover

Shiny_Rock
I love your Paraiba and the Paraiba melee- I think they will make an awesome combination. They seem to match perfectly. Can't wait to see the finished ring! Have fun creating it!

S

SparkliesLuver

Thank you, gemandjewelerylover! :D I'm glad you think they'll make a great combination. It's been a fun process so far, so I hope it continues too!

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I bet working with Elle would be easy and rewarding. She is always incredibly responsive, so it would not be the frustrating experience so often repeated here, of working with a vendor who goes radio silent after promising some deadline for discussion or design that has come and gone.

This should be so fun for you, Sparklies!

S

SparkliesLuver

You're exactly right, minou! She's very responsive, friendly and talented. I'm grateful for her help! I'm happy you think so too. :D Admittedly, I'm going to miss my stones when it comes time to send them to DK. But for now I'll keep enjoying them in their respective boxes... :naughty:

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
SparkliesLuver|1437412161|3905243 said:
You're exactly right, minou! She's very responsive, friendly and talented. I'm grateful for her help! I'm happy you think so too. :D Admittedly, I'm going to miss my stones when it comes time to send them to DK. But for now I'll keep enjoying them in their respective boxes... :naughty:

Absence makes the heart grow fonder so I bet you will literally gasp when the ring comes back.

S

SparkliesLuver

You're right, minousbijoux. You're very right. I missed my stone when it was at AGL, so I was extremely happy to get it back and open everything (have I mentioned how extremely well packaged their stuff is?! holy moly!). I pretty much fell in love with it all over again, so I can't even begin to imagine how I'll be when I see the finished ring!

_lovesvintage_

Brilliant_Rock
So excited to hear about the progress of your ring journey and that you will have the finished ring sooner than later. :) Thanks for letting us know that David Klass will work with a customer's melee stones. You answered a question that I was having.

S

SparkliesLuver

Thank you, lovesvintage. Me too! :) Sure thing. Glad I could help!

acaw2015

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I just have to say, gorgeous color and I bet this will be an amazing piece! Cant wait to see it. :wavey:

Rockinruby

Ideal_Rock
Just got a chance to catch up on this thread. I'm excited you are teaming up with DK & Elle for the design process! This is going to be an amazing project! :appl:

S

SparkliesLuver

Thank you, aca and rockinruby. :) It's been fun working with Elle, and DK has been quite patient. We have everything narrowed down except the gallery as I want it to be really special and unique. So that's the last piece of the puzzle and I think we're getting close. Of course before I give the final "ok" I'll post it here for feedback. :)

gemandjewelrylover

Shiny_Rock
I can't wait to see the end result either, Paraiba + Paraiba melee sounds drool worthy to me! Hope it all goes smoothly and turns out just how you picture it. 8-). Waiting anxiously...... :razz:

S

SparkliesLuver

haha Thank you, gemandjewelrylover. :D I normally know exactly what I want, but this time there's been a much longer exploration process. I hope it turns out that way too!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results