shape
carat
color
clarity

Connoisseur Sale

Pearl_Girl

Rough_Rock
I have been eyeing off the Tahitian strand with the amazing clasp but I don't really wear yellow gold. I wonder if PP could do one with white gold? I want my next purchase to be a strand of white south seas and a clasp like that would be amazing.

bsomlo

Ideal_Rock
I'm sure they could order that clasp in WG for you. It's a beauty!!!

Kay

Ideal_Rock
I'm bummed, the 11.3 mm pearl I loved double sold. I am getting the 10.4 mm pearl I bought.

The one that got away. ;( If you bought it and change your mind, please let me know.

_22502.jpg

_22503.jpg

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
Gemzy|1410990505|3752722 said:
On a tangent..........
Why do we not see many pearl rings posted? I love rings, you can admire them all the time, unlike pendants and earrings which you cant see on yourself unless in a mirror. I know you have to be really careful with pearls in rings but worth the care to stare. That golden Akoya embrace ring is yummy and still there all these weeks on.

Gemzy - Judging by the new PP facebook entry, it looks like you are about to get your wish. I love the two-tone red/yellow gold look. Personally, I prefer the green pearl. :cheeky:

facebookppring.jpg

cmd2014

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Arg! I missed the new additions again! That Tahitian with the clasp was gorgeous! (Maybe it's a good thing I was saved from myself!)

thecat

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Hi, if you bought the following but wish to return, can you please let me know? I was too slow. ;(

Gemzy

Rough_Rock
Fly Girl|1411000765|3752823 said:
Gemzy|1410990505|3752722 said:
On a tangent..........
Why do we not see many pearl rings posted? I love rings, you can admire them all the time, unlike pendants and earrings which you cant see on yourself unless in a mirror. I know you have to be really careful with pearls in rings but worth the care to stare. That golden Akoya embrace ring is yummy and still there all these weeks on.

Gemzy - Judging by the new PP facebook entry, it looks like you are about to get your wish. I love the two-tone red/yellow gold look. Personally, I prefer the green pearl. :cheeky:

Ha ha! thanks for that Fly Girl. Always swore I would never have a facebook account, so great that I can look without actually having to get one, I am obviously missing out on pearl news. I prefer the green pearl I think but the other would look great with a winter wardrobe and I do have a tahitian ring. That savings jar of mine may be ok for next year's sale

Hope the mods wake up soon (I now it is very early morning over there) the Pearl forum has been hijacked by some strange messages.

bsomlo

Ideal_Rock
Gemzy -- it happens every few months. Very irritating.

pkinnew

Brilliant_Rock
sarahb - Nothing is better than diamonds and pearls! Very nice pendant!

baby monster

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Fly Girl, was there any info on pearl size in those rings? What an interesting design.

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
baby monster|1411056247|3753180 said:
Fly Girl, was there any info on pearl size in those rings? What an interesting design.
baby monster - The stock Embrace ring setting holds an 8-9mm pearl. This was a special casting to make the red gold/yellow gold combo. My guess is these rings will show up in the sale when I'm not paying any attention to it (which is generally when they add to the sale. :errrr: ).

baby monster

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Fly Girl|1411056718|3753184 said:
baby monster|1411056247|3753180 said:
baby monster - The stock Embrace ring setting holds an 8-9mm pearl. This was a special casting to make the red gold/yellow gold combo. My guess is these rings will show up in the sale when I'm not paying any attention to it (which is generally when they add to the sale. :errrr: ).
ITA. Everything I liked so far sold long before I got there.

sarahb

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
CMD, Kay, bsomlo, NacreLover, Pkinnew, & everyone --I wanted to thank you all for your warm & friendly welcome! :wavey: I have enjoyed looking at all your beautiful pearls, thank you everyone for taking the time post & share your beauties! :appl:

Here is my first pearl 'family' member: a Silver-Blue Baroque Akoya strand, round Akoya pendant & earrings.

Was also able to snag the silver/blue Metallic Souffle & Blue Akoya, boy does it ever look nice, I think my favorite at the moment. It has such a nice setting with the bale: a round diamond w/ a diamond baguette.

Would really like to purchase a pastel Tahitian strand--where & how: do you just call PP & ask? I've book marked all your threads with those beautiful stands, oh my word are they ever pretty! :love: :love: :love:

Another question: what is a pistachio pearl ?? & also, are pearls harvested year round, or are they like a crop, ie apples in the early fall? So much to learn, :read: thank you in advance for your insight & input! :wavey:

_22528.jpg

_22529.jpg

_22530.jpg

_22531.jpg

sarahb

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
More.....

_22532.jpg

_22533.jpg

bsomlo

Ideal_Rock
Oh, your collection of blues are enviably blue ! Well done! Enjoy your newest addition to your growing collection. Each piece is gorgeous!

Gemzy

Rough_Rock
new things on site, loose pearls already come and gone and some cleaning up happening......

Kay

Ideal_Rock
There is another fireball in need of a home:

This fireball pendant has a very interesting body color that exudes strong pink tones with subtle greens. We paired the fireball with two round metallics, one of which matches the fireball's coloration quite well.

The necklace is composed of yellow gold and accented with a pair of diamonds.

fireball_4349_1_.jpg

Kay

Ideal_Rock
Sarahb, that is a gorgeous collection of blues! I especially like the souffle pendant and the baroque strand with that great clasp.

sarahb

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Thank you Kay & bsomlo--those photos turned out quite blue, the soufflé is not as 'blue' IRL, it's more white w/ a metallic blue sheen to it--the baroque Akoyas are definitely blue/grey.

Pearl_Girl

Rough_Rock
So sad that I missed the SSP and diamond clasp necklace, its beautiful. Did anyone here get it?

Kay

Ideal_Rock
Fly Girl|1410922043|3752281 said:
John, at PP, is getting ready to set my 9.6 mm Tahitian drop from Day 1 of the Sale (see the first page of this thread). I asked for a quick photo to be sure that it would be o.k. in the little h setting. John thinks it will be a perfect fit! :cheeky:

Gah, if the color of this quick photo is any indication of this pearl's incredible overtones, I can see why Jeremy cherry-picked it for the Connoisseur Sale. :love:

That setting is so pretty and delicate, but still has real impact. It should look great with your drop pearl -- love the colors.

Kay

Ideal_Rock
I may have to start hiding purchases so my DH does not try to stage an intervention. He saw me scrolling through PS 2 days ago, and I said I was just looking at other people's stuff. Then I had a Britney "Oops" moment today and did some damage:

wss_freeform_baroque1.jpg

wss_freeform_baroque2.jpg

_22534.jpg

_22535.jpg

cmd2014

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Kay, you SCORED!!! I just logged on after checking all day until about 1pm before deciding that nothing new was coming....and saw all these new beauties were already gone (again, totally saved from myself!). I'm so glad that they will be going to you!

I can't wait to see pics of the WSS in person, and to see what you do with those TDF loose pearls.

Frost Me

Brilliant_Rock
KKKKKaaaaayyyyyy OMG!!!! So jelly!! Loving the WSS with Diamond Circle clasp!!! How can you hide these show stoppers….. I want the big blue pearl if you don't! :wall:

cmd2014 Are you on the other forum? I need to ask you a question, personal message me!

Pearl_Girl

Rough_Rock
So glad a PSer got the WSS! It's stunning, and I'm looking forward to seeing photos.

cmd2014

Ideal_Rock
Premium
SarahB: you put together a beautiful collection for yourself! It's definitely pearl envy worthy! I particularly love your souffle and earrings!

I was curious what you found didn't work with doubling the 35 inch strand? Is it too short? If so, you could always see about having PP lengthen it by an inch or two. That probably wouldn't cost that much, especially if it would mean being able to wear it the way that you wanted to. It's one of the nice things about buying from them....they really are open to doing custom modifications to things.

Frost Me

Brilliant_Rock
calling cmd2014 Are you on the PG forum? I have a question for you, personal message me!

Gemzy

Rough_Rock
At least pearls don't take up much space to hide them! What will you do with the loose pearls Kay? they are some of the most colourful so far I reckon. That SS confection is like a string of puffy clouds, can't wait to see it on you, (photos with that clasp modelled N,E,S AND W if you would).
Sarah B your soufle is just wonderful, love it!

Kay

Ideal_Rock
Thank you, CMD, Frost Me, Pearl Girl and Gemzy, I have been contemplating a WSS strand for a while, and I couldn't resist this one with that fabulous clasp. I am curious to see what the freeform baroques look like in person. I am expecting a package next week with my Ruckus strands and Connoisseur Sale purchases. I will make sure to take lots of pictures.

I have no idea what I will do with the loose pearls. These last 2 are my favorites. I will probably wait a while to set them. I am thinking about keeping 2 loose and eventually making pendants for my 2 girls (currently ages 6 and 3) so their first "serious" pearls are spectacular.

Frost Me

Brilliant_Rock
Kay|1411076486|3753353 said:
Thank you, CMD, Frost Me, Pearl Girl and Gemzy, I have been contemplating a WSS strand for a while, and I couldn't resist this one with that fabulous clasp. I am curious to see what the freeform baroques look like in person. I am expecting a package next week with my Ruckus strands and Connoisseur Sale purchases. I will make sure to take lots of pictures.

I have no idea what I will do with the loose pearls. These last 2 are my favorites. I will probably wait a while to set them. I am thinking about keeping 2 loose and eventually making pendants for my 2 girls (currently ages 6 and 3) so their first "serious" pearls are spectacular.

I am looking forward to your Ruckus strands!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results