color
clarity

Connoisseur Sale

cmd2014

Ideal_Rock
Premium
PiscesPearls|1411146571|3753816 said:
Wahhhhhh...boo hoooooooo :cry:
I just called Chenai and the Tahitian pearl & diamond necklace was over sold! Now, it is not coming home to me. She will ask and see if it can be reproduced for me, but will have to wait to see if they can get another clasp. Since everyone is away at the show she cannot tell me if they can get another clasp. Guess I should not have waited so long to click on that purchase.

The good news...I switched my octopus fireball necklace for the fireball pearl necklace that was posted yesterday. :angel:

Oh No!!! That's upsetting....but if they CAN reproduce one, please let me know as I might get quick on the phone with them to make me one too!

As for your fireball switch....I think that was a great choice! I LOVE the new fireball! (I thought I spotted the octopus back up!)

PiscesPearls

Rough_Rock
Juliebeth...I love your gorgeous creation on the Tahitian pendant & earrings. They are so beautiful!!

cmd2014...I will let you know if they can produce another Tahitian diamond necklace. I will have to wait until Jeremy rerturns. I would love that fastner on my ombre golden & white south sea necklace!

CRDKeshi..Here is a pic of the octopusfireball. I was comparing it to another posted (not mine) fireball necklace. Tough choices as I really like the color and organic shape of the octopus .

img_7264_0.jpg

Frost Me

Brilliant_Rock
Fly Girl|1411096940|3753528 said:
Pearl_Girl|1411093976|3753497 said:
I've noticed that the photos PP has been sending through lately have been taken in natural light (rather than in the lightbox) so it'll be interesting to see how it compares to the photos.

I wonder if the different type of photos is related to the fact that the regular PP photographer is currently on the buying trip in HK? :?:

Yes, this was my experience this week when I asked for some photos early in the week and I told to excuse the quality. I felt the photos were in natural light and very acceptable!

Frost Me

Brilliant_Rock
I really want the diamond circle clasp white gold. I hope they make available. I wonder how it will compare to the equestrian clasp in price and weight.

Juliebeth I love your creation of the earrings, the balanced look but a little unmatched , I am noticing this quite a bit at retail costume jewelry counters and on celebrities.

Pearlgirl, I am betting this is a trendsetter strand, lucky you!

Pearl_Girl

Rough_Rock
Kay|1411146357|3753814 said:
Pearl_Girl|1411109294|3753594 said:
That's weird - I missed out on the one that was available during the Connoisseur sale (it double sold to me and someone else) but they did find more links to make me a replacement. They even said that if they didn't have the right links in stock they should be able to buy more in HK. It's a bit strange that they told you they couldn't make one for you... maybe if you email Jeremy or Hisano they might be able to look for links while they're in HK?

And we're even on the envy front, because I was so sad I didn't manage to get your beautiful SSP and diamond necklace. It's stunning... I keep going back to look at the photos.

Well, if we lived in the same city, I would propose a sharing arrangement. I am sure PP can make you a WSS strand with that same clasp. They have another strand of freeform baroques on the website, as well as the traditional baroque shape pearls. This last Mother's Day, there was a 15% or 20% discount on regularly priced items, and I believe there was also a discount last Cyber Monday, so you could wait for one of those sales to buy a WSS strand you like.

I am anxious to see the WSS and diamond necklace. I hope I like the 8.4-11.7 mm size range, as that's a bit smaller than what I usually go for with a single strand. My WSS and Tahitian strand that I love is 10.2-14.2 mm.

I think the clasp will make the necklace more substantial even though the pearls are smaller.

I think I'll hold off on a WSS necklace for the time being... I just paid for my triple harvest stand and onyx necklace and my credit card is not happy at the moment :) But I would like to buy one in the next year and hope the circle clasp is available when I do.

Kay

Ideal_Rock
A few more loose pearls appeared, and promptly disappeared, today. Did anyone here pick up this 11.3 mm beauty?

_22571.jpg

baby nurse

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm keeping my fingers crossed that it was me, Kay :))

Kay

Ideal_Rock
baby nurse|1411174117|3754075 said:
I'm keeping my fingers crossed that it was me, Kay :))

Very nice! Congrats (I hope).

cmd2014

Ideal_Rock
Premium
The round green one was a beaut. It would make someone a really nice ring.

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
cmd2014|1411182811|3754153 said:
I was thinking the same thing, cmd2014. :naughty:

This afternoon, for once, I went to the PP site before all the new selections were gone and I ordered the green round. I've already written them to see if I can get it set in the special two-tone Embrace ring setting. Fingers crossed that I got the pearl and can get the setting. :drool:

round18c.jpg

embrace2tone.jpg

bsomlo

Ideal_Rock
Perfection!!! FYI, John is now making green gold, too.

cmd2014

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Fly Girl|1411185332|3754173 said:

This afternoon, for once, I went to the PP site before all the new selections were gone and I ordered the green round. I've already written them to see if I can get it set in the special two-tone Embrace ring setting. Fingers crossed that I got the pearl and can get the setting. :drool:

Yay! :appl: :appl: :appl: It looks like it's a stunning deep green. Fingers crossed that it makes it's way to you!

Frost Me

Brilliant_Rock
Ooh FlyGirl, that is a gorgeous green round, perfect for that two tone ring. :love:

pkinnew

Brilliant_Rock
Flyt Girl - That will make a gorgeous ring! Congratulations!

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
Thank you bsomlo, cmd2014, Frost Me and pkinnew. Things are looking good for getting my round Tahitian pearl in the two-tone ring. :)) I just received an e-mail from John at Pearl Paradise, and after thanking me for my order, he writes:

"The two-tone Embrace ring was going to be a one-of-a-kind piece for the Connoisseur Sale, but since it got such a HUGE response from the Facebook post, we are going to add it to our site as a regular item... We first need to create a new master model and have a rubber mold made so that we can duplicate the design. We have already started this process and should be ready to start taking orders for the two-tone ring by the end of the week."

Doing the happy dance here. :dance:

Kay

Ideal_Rock
That is so awesome that the two-tone embrace ring is going to become a regular item. I keep watching for the one from the Facebook page to appear in the sale (maybe it already did and I missed it).

I think a pistachio green pearl (like the one they had in the green gold embrace ring the first day of the sale) would look amazing set in yellow and pink gold. Once they have a mold set up for 2 colors of gold, I would think that you could mix any 2 colors.

CRDKeshi

Shiny_Rock
That's fantastic FlyGirl; that would be so beautiful! I could imagine a Sea of Cortez or a Kamoka pearl in that setting too ... :) I didn't see any of the 2 tone rings in the sale yet; perhaps they decided to hold onto them for now as samples to create the permanent item ...

sarahb

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
New items just posted! I just snagged the lighter pair of baroque provoked drops! :love: :love: Now crossing my fingers a necklace appears to match the drops! Hoping...wishing...dreaming....

Kay

Ideal_Rock
sarahb|1411504209|3755902 said:
New items just posted! I just snagged the lighter pair of baroque provoked drops! :love: :love: Now crossing my fingers a necklace appears to match the drops! Hoping...wishing...dreaming....

I wondered who bought those pretty earrings -- glad it was one of us so we can see more pictures!

I see someone bought the 50" harvest strand. Was it someone here? (I've been eyeing it for a while but didn't dare, so I'd like to live vicariously.)

Gemzy

Rough_Rock
hoping we get to see that souffle ring on a finger here soon too. very striking with the gold autumnal colouring

Pearl_Girl

Rough_Rock
I was very tempted by those provoked baroque earrings! They are lovely and a really nice size. I like the shape much more than the other pair that were posted.

thecat

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Fly Girl|1411185332|3754173 said:

Fly Girl, your new ring is awesome. Please post photos when it's done!

thecat

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
PiscesPearls|1411155018|3753922 said:
Juliebeth...I love your gorgeous creation on the Tahitian pendant & earrings. They are so beautiful!!

cmd2014...I will let you know if they can produce another Tahitian diamond necklace. I will have to wait until Jeremy rerturns. I would love that fastner on my ombre golden & white south sea necklace!

CRDKeshi..Here is a pic of the octopusfireball. I was comparing it to another posted (not mine) fireball necklace. Tough choices as I really like the color and organic shape of the octopus .

img_7264_0.jpg

I can see why you prefer the octopus. Other than its interesting shape, it seems to be more colorful.

cmd2014

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sarahb, those were really pretty. You'll have to show us ear shots when they get to you!

Kay, I noticed that the 50 inch harvest strand was gone too....I was also hoping that someone here bought it, but it's been gone for several days now, and so far no one has said anything, so I'm suspecting it wasn't one of us. :blackeye:

Is it just me, or has this been a slower sale than usual? Is everyone else like me....overspent from the Tahitian sale?

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock
Got my cute little "acorn" tahitian and blue akoya earrings! :dance:

Unable to post any pics tho, ever since I upgraded both iPad n iPhone to iOS 8. :blackeye:

bsomlo

Ideal_Rock
Please do not get even get me started on IOS 8 upgrade...

bsomlo

Ideal_Rock
ON BEHALF OF ICY JADE:

icy_jade_1.jpg

icy_jade_2.jpg

icy_jade_3.jpg

CRDKeshi

Shiny_Rock
Those "acorn" earrings are adorable!

krissy7

Shiny_Rock
Icyjade......the acorn earrings look even better in your pictures, and look great with your necklace. Hope you enjoy them.

cmd2014

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I agree....the acorn earrings look much better in person than they did on the website. They are just so unique!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results