shape
carat
color
clarity

Connoisseur Sale

PiscesPearls

Rough_Rock
Thanks Bosmlo!

I took pics of the Golden & White South Sea Necklace. My pics flipped sideways when I downloaded here... how do I correct that for next time?
It is really gorgeous but the color doesn't look as "ombre" color when I wear it. The goldens are more in the back of the necklace. I am very please with the size & luster too.

Here are some pics what do you ladies think?
golden_white_ss3.jpg
golden_white_ss4.jpg golden_white_ss_2_0.jpg golden_white_ss_1_1.jpg

PiscesPearls

Rough_Rock
Oh dear... life size pics of my leather neck! Sorry about the huge scary pics!! :o

Kay...I love your Tahitian pearl and the stunning SS encircled necklace in rose gold!! :appl:

bsomlo

Ideal_Rock
Oh, the luster is spectacular! I think, in this particular case, we need a "back-of-the- neck shot", and a side shot, too -- to properly see the ombre effect.

Kay

Ideal_Rock
Pisces, thank you. I love the size and luster of the pearls at the front of your strand. It's too bad more of the dark golden pearls aren't seen when you are wearing it -- you may need to pin your hair up. (I do that for one of my strands that has back pearls I particularly like.)

juliebeth

Shiny_Rock
bsomlo|1410575128|3750144 said:
juliebeth|1410480390|3749369 said:
ok, some work in progress photos of the three pearls i have so far - the outside two are the pp connoisseur sale pearls, the middle one is an awesome random stepped (rather than ringed, really) T i got somewhere or another, and i'm waiting on the blue/teal pearl to finalize the design (ok not in progress, just pearls on a pin):

juliebeth -- lookie what a friend of mine just posted on Facebook! As if he'd heard my remark yesterday about what your pearls remind me of!

oh i just KNOW we'd be friends in real life! :)

juliebeth

Shiny_Rock
baby nurse|1410565566|3750061 said:
That pendant looks amazing on you, juliebeth!! What color is it?

well, glad you asked. i have no idea. pink/peach/lavender/gold? here's a closeup or two, in different lights:

fireball1.jpg

fireball5.jpg

bsomlo

Ideal_Rock
juliebeth|1410908321|3752165 said:
bsomlo|1410575128|3750144 said:
juliebeth|1410480390|3749369 said:
ok, some work in progress photos of the three pearls i have so far - the outside two are the pp connoisseur sale pearls, the middle one is an awesome random stepped (rather than ringed, really) T i got somewhere or another, and i'm waiting on the blue/teal pearl to finalize the design (ok not in progress, just pearls on a pin):

juliebeth -- lookie what a friend of mine just posted on Facebook! As if he'd heard my remark yesterday about what your pearls remind me of!

oh i just KNOW we'd be friends in real life! :)

I feel like I know you -- seriously. Remember that chat when you were online with Jeremy and 4Ranch -- I feel like I got to know you then!

I just adore that pendant! It'll go with everything!

juliebeth

Shiny_Rock
yep, if i can wear it with red/natural striped linen, i can wear it with ANYTHING. :)

PiscesPearls - LOVE the octopus! cephalopoeia? (like cephalopod and onomatopoeia....? anyone?) also the ombre is just gorgeous - is the clasp pretty enough you can wear it anywhere? you could turn it depending upon your mood at the moment. or even use an enhancer to mark the "center" and give it a bit more definition (so it won't look like your necklace is simply turned sideways). i have no idea if that would work, just a thought. that i may have to try on one of my own necklaces...

KAY you got that awesome loose pearl! can't wait to see how it looks IRL! and omg that rose gold necklace is TDF!

PiscesPearls

Rough_Rock
I am not good at taking pearl selfies! Here is a side view and the backside of necklace worn in the front. I have shorter hair in back ... i may have to try to pin it up!!

golden_white_ss_5_1.jpg golden_white_ss__6_1.jpg

juliebeth...OMG your Fireball necklace is amazing!! Wow...I hope mine looks 1/2 as nice as yours. Love your 3 Tahitians "olives" too!! :love:

krissy7

Shiny_Rock
Just want to say how much I enjoy seeing everyone's purchases. Thank you to everyone for posting pictures. I have had absolutely no luck with this sale. My timing has been completely off in terms of when new items are posted, and I missed out on a couple of pieces because I was too slow on the draw (frustrating but I'm trying to keep the attitude that if I am meant to get something I will). All the more reason why I am living vicariously through this thread!

baby nurse

Ideal_Rock
Premium
PiscesPearls, your ombre SS necklace is stunning!! I love the luster, shapes and gradation of color. It is truly lovely as is but you might consider a decorative clasp later on. That way, you could wear it to the side and show off the ombre effect a little better.

CRDKeshi

Shiny_Rock
PiscesPearl, I LOVE your ombre necklace, it looks wonderful on you. I second the many suggestions to add a decorative clasp at some time in the future to give you some versatility in showing off the darker golden pearls. I had that one in my shopping cart for a bit :) The Octopus Fireball is adorable; if it were mine, it would go back to PP via overnight post to have little gem eyes put in LOL ...

Kay, congratulations on your new purchases. I had the White SS one in my shopping cart for quite a while yesterday when it was first posted ... and I remembered I'd promised Walter to behave for a bit :) ... so glad you're the one who got it :clap:

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
John, at PP, is getting ready to set my 9.6 mm Tahitian drop from Day 1 of the Sale (see the first page of this thread). I asked for a quick photo to be sure that it would be o.k. in the little h setting. John thinks it will be a perfect fit! :cheeky:

Gah, if the color of this quick photo is any indication of this pearl's incredible overtones, I can see why Jeremy cherry-picked it for the Connoisseur Sale. :love:

drop7-enhancer-photo-1.jpg

pkinnew

Brilliant_Rock
PiscesPearls - IThe first time I saw that fireball I thought it looked like a ghost lol! I love it's fun character!! Your ombre strand is gorgeous and I agree with the others that you can add a decorative clasp later to show off all of the pearls.

Kay - Congratulations on your loose Tahitian and that tdf WSS pendant!

Fly Girl - Yummy pearl!

cmd2014

Ideal_Rock
Premium
PiscesPearls: The ombre actually looks a little bit like the pearls are so shiny that they are reflecting the colour of your hair when you look at them from the front....but you can definitely see the ombre effect of the GSS pearls from the side view. You won't probably be able to see it from looking at yourself head on in a mirror, but it is beautiful from the side for anyone else seeing you wear it! Plus, if you get a fancy clasp, it would look gorgeous rotated so that the clasp is halfway down your neck so that both the golden and white pearls are visible.

Fantastic luster though and the size of the pearls is amazing! Plus the colour really suits you (which makes me a smidge jealous, as golden SS pearls do not work well with me). I think it was a great find! I have been having so much fun vicariously experiencing this sale with you all! (I am sadly cut off for the time being given my excesses of the Tahitian sale).

sarahb

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
My Absolute. Favorite. Connoisseur 2014 piece just arrived.

I cannot take a good self photo, but here it is. I think I can wear it with the blue grey Akoya drop earrings so many of us purchased at the beginning, or should I get a matching pair of soufflés? The akoyas have a slightly different color--when I look at both, the earrings seem to have a more purplish pink hue--not overtly, buta very fine difference. I don't know the correct terminology.

The setting of the soufflé is a round diamond on top of the Akoya, & then a baguette diamond on top of the round. The diamonds sparkle so! Was afraid the soufflé would be too much of a 'glob', but it is so perfect, the luster & color is perfect!

_22479.jpg

_22480.jpg

bsomlo

Ideal_Rock
sarah -- Congrats! Can you take a few photos of your pendant on a white background (I use a white Kleenex, others use a paper towel or a white piece of cloth). I'd love to see a sharp picture of your piece.

Gemzy

Rough_Rock
went to PP site and new things! - a few mins ago I thought the loose pearls were sold but now not (am very tired so could be seeing things)

sarahb

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I love that new baroque tahition strand they just posted, it is so pretty!! Oh my vacillating here.....

Gemzy

Rough_Rock
yes that baroque strand is gorgeous - the bronze loose pearl is too-would make a funky ring-

Kay

Ideal_Rock
sarahb|1410986481|3752664 said:
I love that new baroque tahition strand they just posted, it is so pretty!! Oh my vacillating here.....

Yes, it is.

Someone snagged the Metallic Pink to Peach Freshwater Souffle Pearl & Citrine Necklace but left behind the matching earrings. It seems a shame to not have both.

Kay

Ideal_Rock
Gemzy|1410986830|3752667 said:
yes that baroque strand is gorgeous - the bronze loose pearl is too-would make a funky ring-

The size and shape of the bronze pearl would have been perfect for my silver bracelet that needs a replacement pearl. I hope they post something similar in a different color later. (I like bronze, but not for that piece.)

I may or may not have purchased 2 more loose pearls (I never know for certain until the next day).

Frost Me

Brilliant_Rock
OMG the diamond circle clasp on the Tahitian baroque strand. I hope that is not a one-of-akind clasp. It' s perfect to drop a pearl off.

4354_1_.jpg

Gemzy

Rough_Rock
well done, I saw they slipped into sold mode pretty quick! Fingers crossed for you Kay.

That clasp on the baroque strand worn to the side would look tres chic indeed, wish I could press that buy now button...

Frost Me

Brilliant_Rock
Gemzy|1410988716|3752692 said:
well done, I saw they slipped into sold mode pretty quick! Fingers crossed for you Kay.

That clasp on the baroque strand worn to the side would look tres chic indeed, wish I could press that buy now button...

Do it Gemzy, theses circles are great, at least have it sent to consider. I would, but I just pushed the button a few days ago on a 3rd strand of tahitians.

Frost Me

Brilliant_Rock
Fly Girl|1410922043|3752281 said:
John, at PP, is getting ready to set my 9.6 mm Tahitian drop from Day 1 of the Sale (see the first page of this thread). I asked for a quick photo to be sure that it would be o.k. in the little h setting. John thinks it will be a perfect fit! :cheeky:

Gah, if the color of this quick photo is any indication of this pearl's incredible overtones, I can see why Jeremy cherry-picked it for the Connoisseur Sale. :love:

Kay, hope you found your large pearl and it comes home. Love the encircled pendant!!!
:love: Loving your enhancer with the little h Fly Girl. Is that a PP product?

I am so behind to this post but loving all that has been shown, it's so fun how excited we get for others, and a little jelly on misses for ourselves. I would love a large drop pearl or ROUND at a good price!!!

Frost Me

Brilliant_Rock
Bronze/Golden Baroque Pearl 10mm, If the owner is not happy and wants to return it, please contact me!!! Please! ;( 4391_1_.jpg

bsomlo

Ideal_Rock
Kay|1410987445|3752675 said:
Someone snagged the Metallic Pink to Peach Freshwater Souffle Pearl & Citrine Necklace but left behind the matching earrings. It seems a shame to not have both.

Kay -- (clearing throat) that would be moi. I thought the tin cup would work so well with my new geode earrings. I have another long tin cup with blue baroques and souffles with matching earrings and I find it just too matchy-matchy.

So I'll post neck shots with the geode earrings and the pink/peach souffle with citrines tin cup when it arrives.

I'm glad it's a couple inches shorter than usual for a long tin cup (33 inches versus 35 inches). I'd like it shorter when doubled -- we'll see how it works.

Now if only someone would buy that Tahitian strand with the glamorous clasp already!

Gemzy

Rough_Rock
I wish -(please no more encouragement!) but need to do house repairs and I have been a lucky girl to get my pearl pendant already. Sat on the sofa this evening we have agreed to each have a savings jar, mine for pearls his for a new off road bicycle. I am feeling down the back of the sofa as I type to see if any ££ to start the fund off!
On a tangent..........
Why do we not see many pearl rings posted? I love rings, you can admire them all the time, unlike pendants and earrings which you cant see on yourself unless in a mirror. I know you have to be really careful with pearls in rings but worth the care to stare. That golden Akoya embrace ring is yummy and still there all these weeks on.

ahem that baroque strand would suit someone with very short hair.................

Kay

Ideal_Rock
bsomlo|1410990330|3752718 said:
Kay|1410987445|3752675 said:

Kay -- (clearing throat) that would be moi. I thought the tin cup would work so well with my new geode earrings. I have another long tin cup with blue baroques and souffles with matching earrings and I find it just too matchy-matchy.

So I'll post neck shots with the geode earrings and the pink/peach souffle with citrines tin cup when it arrives.

I'm glad it's a couple inches shorter than usual for a long tin cup (33 inches versus 35 inches). I'd like it shorter when doubled -- we'll see how it works.

Now if only someone would buy that Tahitian strand with the glamorous clasp already!

Oh well, that's different when you already have gorgeous earrings that work with the colors of the necklace. I'm just the opposite about length -- 38-42" works so much better for me than 35-36".

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results