shape
carat
color
clarity

Comfy Heels - Do they exist???

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

DiamanteBlu

Ideal_Rock
I either am barefoot, wearing sneakers or floppers or in 4+ inch heels. I find that there is a strong positive correlation between price and comfort for the heels. The difference in the feel of a well made shoe and a cheap one is striking. That being said, if you don't want to pay the high price you might want to try these insole things: Insolia. I have not read all the posts so somebody may have mentioned them before in which case I apologize for being redundant. I have some "kick around" heels [Nine West] and had the usual pain in the ball of the foot. I got a pair of the insoles and they seem to help. You might want to give them a try.

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
I just want to say that I was thinking of this thread while dancing at a friend''s wedding last night in the most uncomfortable heels I have ever worn.

I wear heels to work every day, and I generally love Franco Sartos, they''re very reasonable and generally quite comfortable. I''ve never owned a pair of Manolos, but if they''re comfortable I''d consider splurging.

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
You cannot really know all the time. My feet can swell and a shoe can feel fine in the store, and when I have it on for hours it kills. I go the bit bigger and put the pad in the shoe for my smaller foot, since when I am pitched forward my feet do hurt after a while. Every brand I wear makes shoes that are comfy and shoes that are not. It depends on height, type of heel, strap design, it really can make all the difference in the world.

EricaR

Ideal_Rock
You''ve got to try on shoes. Lots and lots and lots of shoes. For me, Marc Jacobs shoes fit like a dream while Pradas and Miu Mius feel like they are going to tear my toes off. I also love Kors/Michael Kors and Kate Spade shoes. I can walk into any store and grab one of those three brands and know that they will fit. For me it is all about the shape of the toe of the shoe.

I have a pair of Kate Spades and a pair of Marc Jacobs I can I wear all day long without any problems.

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Manolos! And they''re having a sale too.

Missrocks

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 1/28/2008 12:47:53 AM
Author: Harriet
Where is thus said Manolo sale??

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/28/2008 1:02:45 AM
Author: Missrocks

They had a sale in the Manolo store in NY when I was there two weeks ago-it was fab and they had a great selection. Barneys also had quite a few in their sale but the selection wasn''t as good.

LitigatorChick

Brilliant_Rock
The only thing better than Manolos is Manolos on sale! I managed to snag an awesome pair on sale last week. They were on a shelf, and my hand was less than an inch away from them, when presto, another lady took them. I was frozen in shock. I stared her down, my eyes telling her "step away from that shoe". She looked at it, and half tossed it aside. I grabbed it like a starving animal. And it was mine.
30.gif

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
haha litigator-I was the exact same with the red pair that I got! Some other woman grabbed them first and I was so close to taking them out of her hands. She put them down for a second so I grabbed them before she could pick them up again-they were the last pair in that size.

joflier

Ideal_Rock
Wow! Such madness!
I think here in the Cheese State we'd just be to polite about it.

1: Oh, excuse me... were you looking at these

2. No no, you go ahead

1. No please, you were here first

2. No really, their not even my color. Here, let me move my stuff out of your way.

Its happened. Though not over manolo's!
3.gif

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
Jof, Manolos bring out the worst in people!

PS I so wanted a Pats Green Bay Super Bowl!!!!

LitigatorChick

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 1/28/2008 10:52:27 PM
Author: diamondfan

But they make me look fabulous!!!!
31.gif

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
I own a ton, and love them. And have never lucked out on a sale pair, when I go in they never have my size and I always want the newest stuff. But it would not be pretty to have to fight over a pair...

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock

New York. 54th, between 5th and 6th.

joflier

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/28/2008 10:52:27 PM
Author: diamondfan

Oh honey, you have no idea!!!!!
cryin.gif

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
I am NOT bashing the Pats. Except for the cheating issue, which is not unique to them I hear (but they got caught) I do not take from them that they are an awesome team. BUT FOUR SUPERBBOWLS IN HOW MANY YEARS? Not necessary. Brett should have been there. Not even sure if the Giants are that good, think Pats will run all over them, but I would love someone to beat them. They would still have their perfect season...and three bowl rings too!

Jelly

Ideal_Rock
I have a couple of pairs of Beautifeel shoes and they are fairly comfy for heels.

Missrocks

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 1/28/2008 11:03:57 PM

New York. 54th, between 5th and 6th.
Too bad, I''m in Cali
7.gif

Maybe they will have another one when I visit NY in June....

Thanks for the info!

joflier

Ideal_Rock
Yeah.....I just don''t think I can handle hearing about "the perfect season" for the next 20 years........So, Go Giants!

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I''ve worked in retail for a really long time (minus two years at a desk job where I got to wear flip flops if I wanted to) and I really, really like franco sarto''s and sometimes Nine West for a high-heeled, mid-priced shoe that will last about two years if you change them up often enough. Also, last fall I bought some Bronx brand heels from Nordie''s online and they were very comfortable as well although I only got to wear them maybe 15-20 times. I''m 5''10", but I typically wear 3" + heels to work and for going out...I love wearing heels because of the whole leg-lengthening thing. My DH is 6''5", but even when I was in college and dating guys who were closer to 6'' I wore pretty high heels, I just love wearing them! I''m no stranger to discomfort, though...I do have a little Conair footspa thing that I sometimes soak my tootsies in after an especially long day or night in heels and that helps. Also, you can add Epsom salts to plain hot water in your bathtub and soak your feet for 10-15 minutes before going to bed, the salts help a lot, imo.

I really think the comfort level of a shoe depends on how well it fits your foot, regardless of brand name, and for what purpose you will be wearing it...if you''re planning on wearing a shoe all day long, walking/standing, with no rest whatsoever, your best bet is to get a lower heel, period. I''ve read so many articles describing what happens to a woman''s foot after many years of nonstop high (above 2") heel wearing and everything points to it not being good for your foot in the long run. NOt to mention spine/back issues...so be careful! Take good care of your feet, they are the only ones you have and must last you the rest of your life!

Beacon

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/25/2008 8:39:10 AM
Author: IslandDreams
If you really want comfortable heels, look into shoes made for dancers. They are generally very well made and cushioned well. Downfalls, there are not as much variety in the styles and the soles are really soft (meant for sliding across the dance floor). You can have new soles put on them to make the more street worthy.
This is so true! I often use dance shoes for social occasions; they are much better than regular shoes. The inner core of the shoe is steel, they are super strong and comfortable. I can literally take off running at full speed wearing my high heel dance shoes. Trouble is, most of these shoes are not appropriate for office wear and they are hard to come by. Supadance and International make the best ones, made in England.

LitigatorChick

Brilliant_Rock
Anyone get their shoes "stretched" a bit. You know how your favorite shoes have stretched that little bit and fit your foot so nicely and snuggly? Can we speed that up?

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
stretching only helps width. if the shoes are too short nothing can be done. I think it is best to try shoes on at the end of the day when you have been on your feet. I would not ever buy tight shoes, I have replaced (size up) a few very expensive Louboutins and Guccis because they were a bit snug when I got them. After wearing them all night I was nearly a cripple! Expensive lesson to learn.

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
I''ve been so lucky with the Manolo sales-I have four pairs that I bought in the sales. They were ones that I would have bought regardless of whether there was money off or not so I was so delighted that I got them in the sale.

To add another designer to the mix, I got a pair of fendi shoes last summer and the heel is just over 4 and a half inches and they are so comfortable. They''re strappy so I can wear them on a night out and I''ve never had sore feet with them. They''re the only fendi pair I have though so not sure if I was just lucky.

LitigatorChick

Brilliant_Rock
I actually like to buy my shoes a little on the tight side, since I do find that they let out a little, and hate it when my heels feel "sloppy". After a week of a bit of tightness, they generally loosen up a bit so that they are perfectly comfy!!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results