shape
carat
color
clarity

Comfy Heels - Do they exist???

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

joflier

Ideal_Rock
I love wearing heels! Any kind, any height! I have a couple weddings coming up in the next few months, and I really want to find some heels that I can walk in and stand in for the day, and not have my feet totally aching.

DO THEY EXIST? Tell me the brands/styles that you find comfortable. Or what kind of footpads you use to make them comfy....

Sabine

Ideal_Rock
I''ve always found that Mootsies Tootsies brand shoes (found at Kohls and stores like the Shoe Dpt or DSW) have some cute dress shoes that are comfy enough to wear all day.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI;

Aerosoles!

cheers--Sharon

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
Cole Haan makes heels with Nike Air technology in them. I haven''t tried them but apparently they''re amazing!

Hera

Ideal_Rock
I have a pair of Cole Haan with Nike technology but I honestly don't think they're that comfortable (although I have heard too that they're really comfortable so ymmv). I prefer Donald Pliner for comfort.

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/24/2008 7:47:39 PM
Author: canuk-gal
HI;

Aerosoles!

cheers--Sharon

I agree. I am such a baby when it comes to foot pain. I have had good luck with aerosoles.

joflier

Ideal_Rock
Good suggestions girls! Keep em comin!

btw, anyone else notice that their feet are 2 different sizes.......I have a coulple of tighter pairs of shoes, where one is a great fit, and the other is looser and more uncomforable. Please someone, tell me I don''t have alien feet!!!!!
3.gif

Deelight

Ideal_Rock
Most people''s feet are actually 21 different sizes :)

One of mine is a 9 and the other is a 9&1/2 but due to having wide feet and high arches I usually take a 10 :)

So nope your not an alien ;-)

Party feet are meant to help with uncomfortable heels you just slip them in :)

scarleta

Brilliant_Rock
There is a relatively new company from Barcelona ( Spain). Their brand is called "Vialis". They are available in some US outlets.Nordstrom is one of them.They look really cool and are extremely well made.I tried them on in a shop only ( were pretty comfortable for high heel) and would get them , but they did not have the one I liked in black.
I would give them a try.The more comfortable ones that I like usually look like a shoe my Grandmother would buy.This company makes their shoes very fashionable.You can check them on the www also.Good luck and if any of you gets a chance to try them please let me know.I am considering them on my next visit to USA..
Other than that look for a platform shoe as this would make a heel not as high.The Vialis shoes that I have seen had the platform inside so it was not visible really cool..

beau13

Ideal_Rock
Two words..COLE HAAN!!

Fancy605

Brilliant_Rock
I have a friend who enjoys her Cole Haan Air Walks for about 6-8 hour increments. She wears heels a lot for her job.

I have a pair of 3'''' wedge heels by Sofft, and I can wear them to teach in all day on concrete floors. I have never seen any of their high heels in person, but they are probably built similarly. A lot of the shoes are chunky rather than sleek, but there are some pretty good looking pairs.

JoangA

Shiny_Rock
Have you tried Taryn Rose? They are very expensive, but classic enough to wear for years. zappos has them I believe.

somethingshiny

Ideal_Rock
Nine West and Capparos (found at Bergners/Macys) Every style I''ve tried on in these fit well. The toe is wide enough for ACTUAL feet, and the heel is set properly for balancing on. I have from one inch to four inch heels in these brands.

I actually can''t wear the Mootsies Tootsies. I got a great pair of strappy red satin shoes that I only wore once.

LitigatorChick

Brilliant_Rock
Manolos. Okay, not "comfy" comfy, but as 3 inch heels go, comfy. And sexy.

SuzyQZ

Brilliant_Rock
I wear 2 to 3 inch heels almost everyday to work ! It's vanity, pure and simple. Heels make my legs look great
31.gif
and that's why I wear them. Pure vanity.

I use insolia inserts in all my high heels. They really work for me. I understand that they don't work the same for everyone. I think they either work or they don't. I am in my heels all day long (I'm a corporate executive assistant). I'm constantly running to the xerox machine, mailroom, going up and down stairs between our two office floors. I used to come home and take my heels off to "crippling" pain (no I'm not exaggerating). Now I can wear my heels for 8 hours plus. Nothing will make a 3 inch heel completely comfortable, but the insolia insert certainly makes them "bearable". Now my feet are tired, but not crippled!

I buy shoes because of how they "look" on me. Comfort is actually secondary, that's why I have a stash of insolia inserts on hand to put into whatever brand shoe I buy. Expensive or cheap shoes doesn't really factor in because the insolias are the great equalizer.

I must say though, that I have a pair of Jimmy Choo boots that I just love and they didn't need inserts. They were fabulously comfortable from day one.

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
I''ve got WAY too many pairs of heels. Most are incredibly uncomfortable. As for least comfortable, I''d stay away from Jessica Simpson, Carlos Santana, anything over 3 inches tall and anything under $50 (unless it''s a sale).

I love my Nine West, Kenneth Cole and Steve Madden. They''re all comfy in their own ways. I would also recommend Sofft-they are a bit on the chunky side, but really soft on the inside and have a tendency to have a lower heel. I have a pair of the Cole Haan/Nike and they really aren''t that comfortable-they look awesome though.

What style of shoe are you looking for? I always say that no one makes a pair of pointy toes the way Steve Madden does. Heh.

I hear the feet being two different sizes thing-my left foot was an 8 and my left a 7.5, until I stopped selling shoes and wasn''t on my feet all day everyday anymore-and they shrunk to a 7.5/7. I don''t get it. And now I spend a fortune on things to put in my shoes so they fit again.
20.gif

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
I the Cole Haans with the Nike air technology are supposed to be comfy and I think they have some stylish ones.

Also, what about massaging gel inserts in your shoes could help, as long as they do not make your shoes too tight.

Elmorton

Ideal_Rock
I second the Soft brand - I love them for teaching. Dansko also has a couple of heel styles that are kinda clunky but still really cute. Also love 9 West, and I have a couple pairs of Enzo Angiolini that I adore and could wear all day.

Hera

Ideal_Rock
You could always look into wearing wedges as I find they look really great and are comfortable.

joflier

Ideal_Rock
Lots of good responses! I like, I like......My personal style varies, I really like the sleak sexy look, but there are some chunky shoes that have appeal, esp with jeans.

Suzyq - I''m reading your post thinking, Yup, vanity, your totally on my wavelength on that one honey. I''m a very tall 5''1 so heels add alot for me!!! (to say the least)
1.gif

I''m going to look on ebay for the scholls party, see how that works.

Circe

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Via Spiga! I''m on the short side, and a young professor, so I tend to wear heels pretty much every day ... it''s a little uncomfortable, purely psychologically, when one''s students loom. I have long, narrow feet, and Via Spiga makes the perfect shoes for me ... they''re pricey, but they last forever with minimal upkeep. Can''t recommend them highly enough!

SuzyQZ

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 1/25/2008 12:05:11 AM
Author: joflier
Lots of good responses! I like, I like......My personal style varies, I really like the sleak sexy look, but there are some chunky shoes that have appeal, esp with jeans.

Suzyq - I''m reading your post thinking, Yup, vanity, your totally on my wavelength on that one honey. I''m a very tall 5''1 so heels add alot for me!!! (to say the least)
1.gif

I''m going to look on ebay for the scholls party, see how that works.
I hear ya girl! I''m 5''4" and heels are a must! The insolias inserts actually shift your weight back off of the ball of your foot. It''s not like a cushion for the front, it shifts your weight to the back heel. They were invented by a "rocket scientist"... really!

Elmorton

Ideal_Rock
Circe - ditto! I teach in heels for the sole purpose of feeling a bit taller and then by the end of the semester I'm practically in Birkenstocks. My friends who teach secondary and I have quite a different definitions of "teaching shoes." :)

fleur-de-lis

Brilliant_Rock
Manolo Blahnik Carolynes. I can wear them 12+ hours in the 90mm height without an iota of foot pain. They are REALLY well-balanced L-R and front-back, which makes all the difference.

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
I find enzo angiolini very comfortable. In a pointy toe pump they give enough room for your toes and then it comes to a point. I also like the smooooth leather footbed.

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
I agree with the other Manolo Blahnik posters-they really are comfortable. I always wear them to weddings as they are the only shoes that I can stay in from 11am until 6am the next morning (hey, Irish weddings go on for quite a while
3.gif
). I''m after getting a pair for my own wedding also as they are the only ones that I have faith in that will keep my feet from getting sore.

eks6426

Ideal_Rock
If you really want comfortable heels, look into shoes made for dancers. They are generally very well made and cushioned well. Downfalls, there are not as much variety in the styles and the soles are really soft (meant for sliding across the dance floor). You can have new soles put on them to make the more street worthy.

~*Alexis*~

Brilliant_Rock
Well believe it or not...the best heels I have bought have been Gerorge. from Walmart. I have these pair of Mary Janes that are really cute and so comfy. I have never had a problem with them and I am picky when it come to shoes.

byw..Manolos...how expensive are they really?? I have always wanted a pair but have never tried them on....

LitigatorChick

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 1/25/2008 8:56:28 AM
Author: ~*Alexis*~
Well believe it or not...the best heels I have bought have been Gerorge. from Walmart. I have these pair of Mary Janes that are really cute and so comfy. I have never had a problem with them and I am picky when it come to shoes.

byw..Manolos...how expensive are they really?? I have always wanted a pair but have never tried them on....
I got a pair last week for about $700 CDN, and a second paid for $400 CDN (sale!!!!).

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results