shape
carat
color
clarity

Comfy Heels - Do they exist???

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

scarleta

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks for this thread ..I am looking for comfy high heel as well.Now I have few choices..My question is can I find them all in one store? Joflier I hope you don''t mind my kind of stealing this fabulous thread...Thanks

HollyS

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/25/2008 8:56:28 AM
Author: ~*Alexis*~
Well believe it or not...the best heels I have bought have been Gerorge. from Walmart. I have these pair of Mary Janes that are really cute and so comfy. I have never had a problem with them and I am picky when it come to shoes.

byw..Manolos...how expensive are they really?? I have always wanted a pair but have never tried them on....
Ridiculously expensive! As you can tell by Litigator Chick''s reply!

Where I live, people would think you had lost your mind if you came trotting in in $700 shoes! Designer stuff doesn''t attract much of a following here in the heartland. And to tell you the truth, my Scottish ancestors would come back to haunt me if I were to be that unthrifty!

But it''s nice that others have the ability to wear the kinds of things we''ve all seen on SATC and in Vogue; more power to them.

As to comfort in high heels . . . true comfort? . . . Still looking!

joflier

Ideal_Rock
I''ve seen some manolos on ebay for 300-500 usd.....but then your just guessing as to how they''d feel.....And to scarleta, finding all these in one store - it probably depends on where you live. A number of the brands named can be found at Nordstroms, or Macys.....not sure about manolos though. they don''t sell them things up here in Wisconsin!!!
20.gif

LitigatorChick

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 1/25/2008 12:25:52 PM
Author: HollyS

Well believe it or not...the best heels I have bought have been Gerorge. from Walmart. I have these pair of Mary Janes that are really cute and so comfy. I have never had a problem with them and I am picky when it come to shoes.

byw..Manolos...how expensive are they really?? I have always wanted a pair but have never tried them on....
Ridiculously expensive! As you can tell by Litigator Chick''s reply!

Where I live, people would think you had lost your mind if you came trotting in in $700 shoes! Designer stuff doesn''t attract much of a following here in the heartland. And to tell you the truth, my Scottish ancestors would come back to haunt me if I were to be that unthrifty!

But it''s nice that others have the ability to wear the kinds of things we''ve all seen on SATC and in Vogue; more power to them.

As to comfort in high heels . . . true comfort? . . . Still looking!
They are a bit of an indulgence, but in my profession, I am in heels daily, and my clients expect me to look a certain way.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 1/25/2008 9:04:14 AM
Author: LitigatorChick

I got a pair last week for about $700 CDN, and a second paid for $400 CDN (sale!!!!).
HI:

So you were at the Holt''s Now or Never Sale
9.gif
.....they cannot seem to find the white Etro blouse I purchased
33.gif
.....since you so kindly offered to take me in when I get thrown out of the house for buying another diamond bracelet, I am happy to know I might be able to borrow your shoes.......
3.gif
2.gif

cheers--Sharon

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Heels? No way for me. You''re lucky if you can even get me into shoes. I wear flip flops 98% of the time. For winter, I got a pair of sheepskin boots that I will wear if it''s too cold to wear flips flops. It''s awesome to work from home just for this perk alone. My feet are going to thank me as I get older!!

sunnyd

Ideal_Rock
I''m a huge fan of wedges. I find myself much less wobbly and much less sore after the day is done. HUGE fan.
9.gif

LitigatorChick

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 1/25/2008 1:38:14 PM
Author: canuk-gal

I got a pair last week for about $700 CDN, and a second paid for $400 CDN (sale!!!!).
HI:

9.gif
33.gif
.....since you so kindly offered to take me in when I get thrown out of the house for buying another diamond bracelet, I am happy to know I might be able to borrow your shoes.......
3.gif
2.gif

cheers--Sharon
Eek! How could they lose your blouse!! My sale manolos were almost snatched away from me, but I managed to hold onto them. I would definately share!! We are a match made in PS heaven!!!
31.gif
22.gif

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 1/25/2008 3:06:06 PM

Date: 1/25/2008 1:38:14 PM
Author: canuk-gal

HI:

9.gif
33.gif
3.gif
2.gif

cheers--Sharon
Eek! How could they lose your blouse!! My sale manolos were almost snatched away from me, but I managed to hold onto them. I would definately share!! We are a match made in PS heaven!!!
31.gif
22.gif
HI:

You might be right about the match.....
9.gif
And good question--I am waiting for Edmonton to call me back as to where this item might be (Calgary was all sold out....). Now back to our regular programming......

cheers--Sharon

AlyceC

Rough_Rock
I''m placing another vote for Cole Haan and Taryn Rose. Another brand I don''t think anyone has mentioned yet is Stuart Weitzman. There are Stuart Weitzman stores, but I usually buy mine at Nordstrom. As much as I love the style of my pairs, stay far away from Salvatore Ferragamo. They are my most uncomfortable shoes.

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock

My pairs are anywhere between $400 and $700. I actually don''t wear heels in work (work in vet clinic) and I''m very precious over my manolos. I tend not to wear them a huge amount. I just collect them and will wear them to all day events.

LitigatorChick

Brilliant_Rock
Enzo Anglionis (sp??) from Nine West are also comfy.

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
Taryn Rose can be comfy, she used to be an orthopedist. My hubby loves the loafers. I have a few pairs and like them, they are very expensive though.

I do love my Manolos, but find it hard to stand for hours in most any shoe.

Missrocks

Brilliant_Rock
I would have to go with Christian Louboutin. I have a pair of their 4 3/4 heels with platforms. I think the platform makes a difference...the foot bed is sooooo cushy. The only heels I'm come across so far that don't hurt my feet at the end of an 8 hour retail workday, stiletto style, non-the-less.

I am also inspired to buy a pair of Manolo's after reading everyone's good feedback
1.gif
I love the pair Bee has got.

scarleta

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks Joflier for letting me know which store to look for them.When I go to USA I shall check them out..

LitigatorChick

Brilliant_Rock
The manolos win hands down. Today was a looooong day... Started in my manolos at 6:00 a.m., and got out at 10:30 p.m. And my feet felt great all day. Worth every penny!

joflier

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/25/2008 11:20:55 PM
Author: scarleta
Thanks Joflier for letting me know which store to look for them.When I go to USA I shall check them out..
Your welcome......Different cities have different department stores, so if you want an all-in-one just go to a major mall, and then their big department store. And the bigger the city, the bigger the store, the bigger the selection!!!
36.gif

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/25/2008 9:26:22 PM
Author: Missrocks
I would have to go with Christian Louboutin. I have a pair of their 4 3/4 heels with platforms. I think the platform makes a difference...the foot bed is sooooo cushy. The only heels I''m come across so far that don''t hurt my feet at the end of an 8 hour retail workday, stiletto style, non-the-less.

I am also inspired to buy a pair of Manolo''s after reading everyone''s good feedback
1.gif
I love the pair Bee has got.

I''ll be wearing the red one''s out tonight so I''ll report back tomorrow what they were like.

I never find louboutins that comfy. I love the look of them but find that I can''t wear them for longer than a few hours.

scarleta

Brilliant_Rock
Joflier said:
And the bigger the city, the bigger the store, the bigger the selection!!!
Many thanks once more.I will follow this thread to see what more comes up as I am looking for some myself.Then I will have a good reason to plan my trip..

Fancy605

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 1/26/2008 1:01:54 AM
The manolos win hands down. Today was a looooong day... Started in my manolos at 6:00 a.m., and got out at 10:30 p.m. And my feet felt great all day. Worth every penny!

How are your legs/back after a day of Manolos? I often find that if I wear certain shoes a few times in a row, my feet will be fine, but the rest of me...not so much.

Of course, I also trot around on concrete covered in tile all day, so that may make a difference. IN previous years, I taught in a trailer, which sounds icky, but the floors were cushy, so I could wear whatever shoes I wanted. Now, in the building I can''t wear anything that isn''t ridiculously full of support.

I cringe at spending a lot of $ on shoes, but if they have a classic look to them that won''t seem dated soon and the comfort factor is spot on, then it''s often worth it!

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
OMG my Louboutins are the WORST. I have long long toes and the footbed is short in them, so I end up crammed in them with all of my weight going forward. I have sized up to a 9.5 in a lot of his, which helps and then I put a pad in the left shoe which is my smaller foot. But comfy? Heck no. I wear them when we are not walking or standing too much.

rockzilla

Brilliant_Rock
I love my Bandolinos...inexpensive, you can get them at any macy''s or on zappos...

joflier

Ideal_Rock
Ok. So here''s another question for you girls with the high end - designer shoes.....do you find that you usually end up in a bigger size vs. a cheaper shoe? I normally wear a 7.5 in almost everything, except the more expensive shoes (this has not included anything like louboutins or manolos though) The ones that I have, Coach, tahari, charles david, are all 8 1/2........I''m just trying to judge so I can size right if I buy over the internet.

Also, no menitons for Jimmy Choo.......any opinions?

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
I do not think there is a hard and fast rule. I have been different sizes in different styles. I mostly buy high end shoes for the style. I wear my Uggs or shearling clogs otherwise!! I buy Gucci, Louboutin, Choo, Blahnik, Chanel, Prada, Dior, Tods, Zanotti, Clergerie, and honestly it just depends on the cut of the shoe, if it is a dorsay cut, a sling, a flat, a mule, etc. Really variable. Even some of the flats are not super comfy, which sounds odd but if they lack support it can hard on my foot since I have a high arch. I would not buy on line unless I could return them. I sometimes buy two sizes with express ability to return at least one pair if not both. Choos are somewhat similar to MB, some styles are comfy and some less so.

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/26/2008 7:00:33 PM
Author: diamondfan
I do not think there is a hard and fast rule. I have been different sizes in different styles. I mostly buy high end shoes for the style. I wear my Uggs or shearling clogs otherwise!! I buy Gucci, Louboutin, Choo, Blahnik, Chanel, Prada, Dior, Tods, Zanotti, Clergerie, and honestly it just depends on the cut of the shoe, if it is a dorsay cut, a sling, a flat, a mule, etc. Really variable. Even some of the flats are not super comfy, which sounds odd but if they lack support it can hard on my foot since I have a high arch. I would not buy on line unless I could return them. I sometimes buy two sizes with express ability to return at least one pair if not both. Choos are somewhat similar to MB, some styles are comfy and some less so.

Yeah I totally agree with you on this. I find that it really depends on the style of the shoe also. I do love Choos also but I still don''t find them quite as comfortable as the Manolos. I think that the Manolos are made just perfectly for my feet-they fit like a slipper.

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
Bee, after my Louboutins, ALL (except my low patent wedges) which hurt like crazy, almost anything is comfy!

Missrocks

Brilliant_Rock
This is thread is so interesting to me!

I guess everyone has different feet, so there really no perfect shoe for everyone. I did find that I had to order a whole size larger than normal for Christian Louboutin. ...But I even walked around the mall for three hours in them tonite. No pain. I have high arches though, maybe that helps.

The only shoes that I love the look of and absolutely HATE the feel, is Gucci. Yeah, they would work great if I chopped off my little toe and had the bone on the side of my foot shaved down...hahaha.

I think my next will be Manolos..maybe for my wedding shoes.

LitigatorChick

Brilliant_Rock
I think I have punished my body into accepting heels all day. Case in point: I took 2 weeks off at Christmas, and so I was in "mom gear" - flats with yoga gear. When I got back to the office, I felt it all over for a couple days. But then I got used to it again.

On the size thing, I like my shoes a little "snug", so I find the size stays relatively true with Manolos, etc.

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/26/2008 8:57:59 PM
Author: diamondfan
Bee, after my Louboutins, ALL (except my low patent wedges) which hurt like crazy, almost anything is comfy!

yeah I''m the exact same! Although I did get a pair of dkny pumps and they are so sore! I don''t know if it''s just that the leather hasn''t stretched yet but after wearing them for a few hours, I couldn''t wait to take them off.

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/27/2008 2:54:15 AM
Author: Missrocks
This is thread is so interesting to me!

I guess everyone has different feet, so there really no perfect shoe for everyone. I did find that I had to order a whole size larger than normal for Christian Louboutin. ...But I even walked around the mall for three hours in them tonite. No pain. I have high arches though, maybe that helps.

The only shoes that I love the look of and absolutely HATE the feel, is Gucci. Yeah, they would work great if I chopped off my little toe and had the bone on the side of my foot shaved down...hahaha.

I think my next will be Manolos..maybe for my wedding shoes.

I was tempted to have bunionette surgery to get rid of the outside bump, but would have to be off my feet for weeks and with three kids that is not happening. But definitely some shoes are NOT comfy for me at all.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results