shape
carat
color
clarity

Colored Stone E-rings/Eyecandy

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Cushion violet blue spinel under artificial lights. I think I got the white balance correct FINALLY on this one. I like how they go tanzanite color under incandescent lights. The ring is pave, but rose gold, with rose gold bands.

tlcushionspinelviolet.jpg

kama_s

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful, TL!!! Love the stone, LOVE the setting and your bands are so pretty.

foxglove

Rough_Rock
minousbijoux|1398820396|3663213 said:
foxglove, your rings are beautiful! Your sapphire looks like its held up well and the rubies are bright, intense and stunning. And yes, that is right - if either had any more invasive treatment, it would be so noted on the lab report. :))

Thank you for the nice comments! I have to admit the orange in my ruby bothers me a bit. But fascinates me at the same time. Maybe I just need to play around and get to know her a bit more. Here's another picture but under kitchen pot lights.

fox

_17579.jpg

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks OTL, you're so nice to me. :))

kama_s|1398939534|3664180 said:
Beautiful, TL!!! Love the stone, LOVE the setting and your bands are so pretty.

Thanks Kama,
BTW, the stone shifts to a more blue color in sunlight.

IrishBreakfast

Shiny_Rock
My new-to-me antique sapphire and diamond ER. I'm still floored every time I look at my left hand.

IrishBreakfast

Shiny_Rock
foxglove|1398805051|3662996 said:
And a ruby that my wonderful mom gifted me. Worn with my mother's pear. I think the rings look best worn together. :tongue:
According to the cert, pear is slight purplish red and round has slight orange in it. Both are just over a carat. Heated I am sure. I did talk to the lab and they said fracture healing/filling would have required additional commentary on the cert beyond the "enhanced in normal processing" verbiage. But who knows.

Taken on the same day as the sapphire.
With an iPhone.

fox

Those rubies are beautiful!! :appl:

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love this thread, and I am enjoying everyone's beautiful gems and jewelry. Here's some more loose stones. Went to the bank vault yesterday and temporarily took some out for pictures. I have to figure out what I'm going to do with them.

Here's a line up of some pink and lavender spinels, a couple are very pale, but all are pastels. Some better cut than others, ranging in size from 1 to 2.5 carats.

tlspinelsfurtheraway.jpg

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
An AIGS deemed "pinkish red" mahenge spinel of neon color. 1.53 carats. I have to set this one of these days. It's not the best cut, but I love the color.

tlmahenge_elongated_cushion.jpg

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
A 3 carat blue spinel, inclusions are present, but I like this gem.

tlbluespinel3ctoval.jpg

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Three less saturated spinels, and yes, two of them have windows. :oops:

Around three carats each, and inclusions are present, but not with the naked eye. Each one is over three carats.

tlgrayishspinels.jpg

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Don't stop, TL! 4 pics is not nearly sufficient! Would love more photos of all of them, but particularly your pastel line up. Lovely - I wish I had known to start collecting them when you did. :))

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
minousbijoux|1399424812|3667582 said:
Don't stop, TL! 4 pics is not nearly sufficient! Would love more photos of all of them, but particularly your pastel line up. Lovely - I wish I had known to start collecting them when you did. :))

Thanks Minous, and I have many more spinels in the bank. I think I have a spinel hoarding problem. :twirl: :???: They should have a new show on television "Gem Hoarders." At least they don't take up a lot of space. ;))

am0n

Rough_Rock
foxglove|1398801649|3662946 said:
Saw my e-ring on the first page from 2005! Can I update with my wedding band 9 years (and 2 kids) later? 8-)

Taken in a car (as a passenger) on a rainy day.

@foxglove

Can you tell me how large the stones are in this ring? It's similar to what I had in mind as an option for my GF and was curious what sizes I'd have to consider to get such a nice ratio.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
am0n|1399557408|3668448 said:
@foxglove
Can you tell me how large the stones are in this ring? It's similar to what I had in mind as an option for my GF and was curious what sizes I'd have to consider to get such a nice ratio.

More pictures and information about her ring here:
[URL='https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/my-ring.18637/']https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/my-ring.18637/[/URL]

You have to take her very small size 3.5 finger into account.
The centre stone is 0.87 ct
The diamonds are: 0.15, F/G, VS2
Ring size: 3.5

NKOTB

Ideal_Rock
Premium
TL|1397746486|3654975 said:
TL|1397426159|3652895 said:
This stone is not the best cut, but its an orangy pink spinel, and it has no brown whatsoever. It looks more orangy pink in person, and I am highly considering setting it. I wish it was sunny outside. Photo taken with artificial light and partial natural light (rainy day) coming in. It's really a nice delicate orangy pink color and around 2 carats.

Daylight shot, but I wonder if I should set it????

YESSSSSSSS!!!!!!

NKOTB

Ideal_Rock
Premium
TL|1397426022|3652892 said:
Various loose stones I need to one day do something with.

These all range in size from 2 to 1/2 a carat. The green stone all the way on the right is a half carat, but the most amazing neon green color. It looks like green Christmas foil, almost metallic. Photo was taken in artificial light, as it's raining today. They look better in sunshine.

All these stones are extremely well cut, and the second one from the left is a precision cut gem from Gene.

From left
Pale lavender spinel cushion (the only stone in the bunch that's badly cut)
Afghan mint tourmaline cut by Gene
Lavender/lilac spinel cushion (no grey at all)
Princess cut Tanzanian neon chrysoberyl
Bob Kast precision cut aqua (greyish blue)
Portuguese cut Tanzanian spessartite around 2 carats.
My favorite little diamond cut tsavorite.

That lavender/lilac is TDF!!! Super jelly of that one!! :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love:

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
NKOTB|1399588931|3668657 said:
TL|1397426022|3652892 said:
Various loose stones I need to one day do something with.

These all range in size from 2 to 1/2 a carat. The green stone all the way on the right is a half carat, but the most amazing neon green color. It looks like green Christmas foil, almost metallic. Photo was taken in artificial light, as it's raining today. They look better in sunshine.

All these stones are extremely well cut, and the second one from the left is a precision cut gem from Gene.

From left
Pale lavender spinel cushion (the only stone in the bunch that's badly cut)
Afghan mint tourmaline cut by Gene
Lavender/lilac spinel cushion (no grey at all)
Princess cut Tanzanian neon chrysoberyl
Bob Kast precision cut aqua (greyish blue)
Portuguese cut Tanzanian spessartite around 2 carats.
My favorite little diamond cut tsavorite.

That lavender/lilac is TDF!!! Super jelly of that one!! :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love:

Thank you NKOTB. I'm still looking for a proper setting for that one.

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow, just wow, acinom, that might be an included puppy, but the glow is off the charts! It looks dazzling on your hand. I bet people will not believe its real! :love:

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you for fixing the link Freke!!!

Minousbijoux: yes, indeed an included AND windowed puppy, but a cute puppy nonetheless. Now I know what people mean when they refer to an almost fake glow!!! It is the weirdest stone I have ever seen. I love the mesmerizing glow.

deskjockey

Brilliant_Rock
I seriously can't stop looking at it! Wow. I think I'd be in trouble with that ring, I'd keep getting hypnotized by it. Now I understand why people like that type of stone so much! :appl: :love:

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
My Mother's Day/Birthday/Anniversary present........... :lol: FP and emerald cut diamond earrings.

dsc_141.jpg

dsc_142.jpg

dsc_143.jpg

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Acinom|1400053771|3672410 said:
Thank you for fixing the link Freke!!!

Minousbijoux: yes, indeed an included AND windowed puppy, but a cute puppy nonetheless. Now I know what people mean when they refer to an almost fake glow!!! It is the weirdest stone I have ever seen. I love the mesmerizing glow.

If anyone wants to see an example of the excellent other worldly glow of Paraiba, they need go no further than your hand shot. Unbelievable. Truly fantastic.

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gorgeous jewelry everyone.

This isn't mine, but when I saw it, I almost fell off my chair. Lavender spinel with red spinel and diamonds from Yavorskyy. The center stone reminds me of an enormous blue diamond.

199868_3869346060323_667812121_n_1_.jpg

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
A four carat tsavorite cab sitting on top of a halo mount. I would like to set this one of these days as it looks like an emerald (included).

p1020267__2_.jpg

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
You are very thoughtful to share your eye candy with us, TL. ;))

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
minousbijoux|1400274878|3674421 said:
You are very thoughtful to share your eye candy with us, TL. ;))

Nah just bored, and I love to share. I am enjoying everyone's pieces in this thread.

I had this set about six months ago or so. It's a two carat neon diamond cut chrysoberyl ring. It's so bright and sparkly (the luster is amazing), that I had to take a photo of it with my camera shadow in order to show the facet pattern. That's why it looks dark here. Here it is next to my sapphire/chryso ring.

This stone is like a spotlight, you can see it a mile away. I surrounded it in a lot of metal because it is so bright. This is an antique repro ring.

tlchrysobling.jpg

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
TL, the color of that tsavorite cab is downright dreamy, I love green colored stones and that is such a rich shade of green…I am really enjoying your pics! You have a lovely collection for sure!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results