carat
color
clarity

Choosing men's diamond ring to complement diamond bracelet

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Re: Choosing men's diamond ring to complement diamond bracel

I know you like what you like, and that's lots of bling as in large quantities of diamonds. What I'd throw out there for your consideration though is to try a piece where the focus is on the quality of the diamonds rather than the amount of space they occupy. Check out Dancing Fire's experience in a recent trip to Shreve's (a very high-end, and highly respected jeweler in San Francisco):

https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/my-wifes-h-a-stones-vs-hof-stones.187789/

Many PSers have similar experiences. I've seen it when comparing very modestly sized stud earrings - a pair of Whiteflash ACA's very obviously outflashed a similarly sized pair from a local high end jeweler. One of our members even ditched her lovely "Aurora" ring - a fairly simple half-eternity with less than 2.5ctw of superbly cut diamonds - because it put on more of a light show than she wanted!

https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/dreamers-new-to-me-aurora-band.166650/

In other words, you can get the same wattage from far less diamond acreage, which opens up a lot of design options even if wattage is your goal.

Just a thought. :wink2:

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

I think you have great taste. I bet you come off really powerful at work.

momhappy

Ideal_Rock

I agree with those who have suggested going simple. Sure, lots of jewelry makes a statement, but not a good one in my honest opinion. The same could be said for a man or a woman, but especially, for a man. Having said that, if you feel that your jewelry defines who you are, then I suppose that's all that matters and you should go with your gut when choosing your next piece. I agree that the larger stones (or even a solitaire) is better than a cluster of diamonds. Best of luck on your choice:)

momhappy

Ideal_Rock

DoctorD|1365744890|3425287 said:
Good point, Julie and others. I no longer like a cluster in the middle; that came out of my first idea, which was to match the bracelet. I agree the solitaire complements it better. I've found another solitaire-center one that may be just right. The square solitaire ring was deceiving because overall the whole ring is smaller than the other two, thus making the solitaire seem bigger than it is.

My newest find, below, has a brilliant round solitaire weighing 1.8 Carats, surrounded by 20 invisible-set, princess-cut diamonds, and 42 channel-set, princess-cut diamonds weighing an additional 6.43 Carats. At this point, this is the one for me. diamond_ring_big_round_centerstone_and_surrounding.png

Are the diamonds colored diamonds? Maybe the color is off in the image, but the diamonds appear to be a light champagne color?

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock

I like jewelery on men, and diamonds.

I do prefer when each piece is allowed to shine on its own.

I think your bracelet paired with your WB is a great pairing because one can see and appreciate each.

I think adding another ring on your right hand will busy it up so observers can't appreciate the bling! And THAT is the only real no no to me -- not appreciating the bling.

What about a three-stone? There is a male PSer with a pretty killer, bezel set three stone from Whiteflash i think. It is bold and chunky and blingy but still has three large stones, I think .80ct and 2x .50ct or something.

I have always preferred having larger diamond so I can appreciate the faceting. I like it much more than many smaller ones.

DoctorD

Rough_Rock

Aprilbaby, your comments, especially the last one, are the type I very much like to hear, and one that I think is true. You and I are both married, so this is not a romantic/sexual come-on in any way, but are you happy in your job right now? If you are interested, I think you might make a great addition to my staff.

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Haha! I think I would like to work for you but I am in Dental Hygiene and I LOVE my job. Going back tomorrow after three months off for a knee replacement!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results