shape
carat
color
clarity

Catch all thread - talk or better yet show us

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Last but not least, 12 X 16 X 5 Lapis from Afghanistan.

I sit around in the airport quite a lot gemshopping while waiting for flights...lol
3.gif

arcllapis.jpg

chictomato

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Date: 5/6/2010 10:04:47 PM
Author: Arcadian
15 X 20 X 5 Imperial jasper. the seller calls it orbicular jasper which looks different from the type I''ve seen before.

I thought this is cool..like some kinda art piece

Indylady

Ideal_Rock
Neat cabs!! What is imperial jasper? I hope you start a thread on these!

davi_el_mejor

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 5/6/2010 10:07:29 PM
this is a 18 X 22 X 10 Variquoise. I thought it was really neat looking.

Wow! So interesting! what''s in the vein? It''s very pretty

Stone Hunter

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Virgoruby -- nice color on the Mahenge!!

Lovinggems -- lovely Garnet.

Chictomato -- you are busy! I like those first 2 settings also!

Davi -- cool Sphalerite!

Arcadian -- nice cabs!

TFS!!
9.gif

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 5/7/2010 10:13:59 AM
Author: davi_el_mejor

Date: 5/6/2010 10:07:29 PM
this is a 18 X 22 X 10 Variquoise. I thought it was really neat looking.

Wow! So interesting! what''s in the vein? It''s very pretty
I honestly don''t know! But the spiderwebbing is typical for the location. I''ve been looking up information on it since I bought it...lol. The real name for these stones is called Variscite and apparently Variquoise is more or less its trade name.

-A

Arkteia

Ideal_Rock
Premium
All of them are gorgeous! I bought some nice beads in Russia and shall probably post them here before I either sell them on ebay or give as gifts to doctors and teachers.

Chictomato - do you mind telling me if your settings are custom-made or LOGR?

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 5/6/2010 11:27:14 PM
Author: IndyLady
Neat cabs!! What is imperial jasper? I hope you start a thread on these!
The only thing I know about the differences in the jasper is something about the circle formation, one is tighter formation, the other is looser. Color comes into it too, but I''m not an expert on the differences. Personally I think you like what you like no matter what it is...lol

I''m so crazy busy these days that I''ll certainly try to get pictures of everything (oh man I got some stuff) in the near future. I have a few weeks in June where I''ll be doing nothing but recharging my engines.

-A

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The last few gems I've been looking at haven't worked out, but I'm currently exploring the possibility of a mint garnet for my antique setting. Fingers crossed that THIS one works out.

mtgGGG.jpg

8182384.jpg

Also, I still have another 3 weeks until sally is done with my spinel ring...ugh. But my LOGR setting for my garnet is on its way!
I"m also debating putting my opposed cut tourmaline in a simple silver prong setting...but I think I have too many ring projects already!

virgoruby

Shiny_Rock
Stone Hunter - thanks!

Lovinggems - lovely garnet!

Cind - your violet spinel is gorgeous!

Burberrygirl - yet another lovely cab! (I''m so jealous!)

Chictomato - love your rings!

davi_el_mejor - you''ve got some unique & interesting stones!

Arcadian - your cabs are fantastic! I especially love the imperial jasper & lapis.

MTG - I like your your mint garnet! hope it turns out just as you expected. And good luck with all your other projects!

redfaerythinker

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 5/5/2010 9:40:55 PM
Author: chictomato
Date: 5/5/2010 9:35:49 PM

Author: chictomato

Few of my latest projects, Chrome Tourmaline, Burma spinel and rubellite tourmaline.
37.gif

Gene's Rubellite Tourmaline in 18k wg (I had returned this setting as I find it a little gaudy-looking, will keep you guys update on the new setting soon, oops sorry that's my boy's head)!

I've asked them to make me this setting to fit my 8mm peridot asscher from Bespoke gems. Can't wait to get it!

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
very nice MTG! Can''t wait to see pictures!
36.gif

-A

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
DH and I went to a going out of business sale today. This same jeweler made DH''s diamond wedding band 17 years ago, and my upgraded diamond ring 9 years ago. It is a bit sad, but we made up for it by picking up a little bling.
9.gif
I got this 0.55 ctw cognac diamond half-eternity set in 18k red gold, and DH got a nifty new Mokume WB. I''ve started a thread over in SMTB Link with more pictures of our new bling. Enjoy!
1.gif

SVRing9811a.JPG

brandy_z28

Brilliant_Rock
Wow Arcadian! You owe us lots of pics whenever you get some time off!!
36.gif

brandy_z28

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 5/7/2010 10:35:35 PM
Author: MakingTheGrade
The last few gems I''ve been looking at haven''t worked out, but I''m currently exploring the possibility of a mint garnet for my antique setting. Fingers crossed that THIS one works out.

mtgGGG.jpg

8182384.jpg

Also, I still have another 3 weeks until sally is done with my spinel ring...ugh. But my LOGR setting for my garnet is on its way!
I''m also debating putting my opposed cut tourmaline in a simple silver prong setting...but I think I have too many ring projects already!
I think that is going to look yummy!!

brandy_z28

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 5/8/2010 7:04:59 PM
Author: Fly Girl
DH and I went to a going out of business sale today. This same jeweler made DH''s diamond wedding band 17 years ago, and my upgraded diamond ring 9 years ago. It is a bit sad, but we made up for it by picking up a little bling.
9.gif
I got this 0.55 ctw cognac diamond half-eternity set in 18k red gold, and DH got a nifty new Mokume WB. I''ve started a thread over in SMTB Link with more pictures of our new bling. Enjoy!
1.gif
Gorgeous rings Fly Girl!

chictomato

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Date: 5/7/2010 3:32:00 PM
Author: crasru
All of them are gorgeous! I bought some nice beads in Russia and shall probably post them here before I either sell them on ebay or give as gifts to doctors and teachers.

Chictomato - do you mind telling me if your settings are custom-made or LOGR?

Hi crasu absolutely! They are ready-made mount from jewelryhoo and prettyjewelry2u

chictomato

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Date: 5/7/2010 2:37:43 PM
Author: Stone Hunter
Virgoruby -- nice color on the Mahenge!!

Lovinggems -- lovely Garnet.

Chictomato -- you are busy! I like those first 2 settings also!

Davi -- cool Sphalerite!

Arcadian -- nice cabs!

TFS!!
9.gif

Stone-hunter-ME TOO! I find the 3rd rather tacky
41.gif
, but it has bigger diamonds:) The 2nd solitaire setting was an old, recycled ring mount.

Lovinggems

Ideal_Rock
Great buys everyone. Also thank you for the lovely words about my new dem garnet.

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I just bought another sapphire.
emembarrassed.gif

This one is from odesseygem:

stats:
Origin: Madagascar
size 7.6 x 7.7 x 5 mm.
2.20ct
Heat only

I've been looking at it for weeks. I'm in love with it. At any rate, its not whats considered true blue, its more of a blue-violet. (which I like!) Small window but I think it'll close after the set. The video is much better representation than the picture I think but what can you do right?

Oh and I already have the setting (yes I know, I couldn't help it though)

-A

12740-tip.jpg

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
This is the setting. I''m still trying to pin down a few details on it though. The setting will be remade in 18K white. I asked for the V prongs and I''ve never had them do milgrain before, should I wait and do that here or are they pretty good at it?

-A

arcnewringwee.jpg

VapidLapid

Ideal_Rock
MTG, I almost bought that mint garnet - still wish I had!
I have a feeling it is going to work for you.

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 5/9/2010 10:42:08 PM
Author: VapidLapid
MTG, I almost bought that mint garnet - still wish I had!

I have a feeling it is going to work for you.

I hope so, it may be too small but a little bit, and I''m worried it might have too much yellow. But he says he has another piece of rough or two of this material left that he might be able to cut if this one doesn''t work out. So you might end up with it yet!

VapidLapid

Ideal_Rock
This is its lesser (though larger ) cousin. a bit dull in incandescent, much livelier and mintier in sun.

grossasher.jpg

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 5/9/2010 11:09:49 PM
Author: VapidLapid
This is its lesser (though larger ) cousin. a bit dull in incandescent, much livelier and mintier in sun.

Is that from the same vendor?

VapidLapid

Ideal_Rock
yes, but this one is yellower and has inclusions, that''s why I called it the lesser stone. still those don''t show to a bare eye, and the cutting is excellent imo

VapidLapid

Ideal_Rock
another incandescent view

grosslich.jpg

VapidLapid

Ideal_Rock
I adjusted my white balance and added flash 90% covered, so only 10% of flash got in. This gave me much better fidelity of color. Again though this is an included stone while the other is not.

moregrosser.jpg

VapidLapid

Ideal_Rock
and last one

moregrosserer.jpg

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 5/9/2010 10:32:43 PM
This is the setting. I''m still trying to pin down a few details on it though. The setting will be remade in 18K white. I asked for the V prongs and I''ve never had them do milgrain before, should I wait and do that here or are they pretty good at it?

-A
I like their millgrain and it''s cheap to do it through them. It may cost you a lot more through a jeweler. Looking forward to seeing your new sapphire and the ring!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results