shape
carat
color
clarity

Catch all thread - talk or better yet show us

Stone Hunter

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Novel -- Whew! Glad that stone has been found!

Flygirl -- GREAT earring charms! I am a bit envious.

Arcadian -- Cool ring. How high is the ring? Ya know is it for stacking?? Hope it''s better than you think it will be.

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/14/2009 10:19:06 AM
Author: Novel
So, my lovely blue tourmaline seems to be lost in the mail. Gene says he has sent over 1000 stones and never had one get lost, but this one is AWOL.
8.gif
There was no tracking, but I guess Gene will file a request with the post office. Perhaps he broke free and ran home to his people? I don''t know; all I know is it never made it through my mail slot. Has anyone had the stone found after something like this? Freke, if you''re there, didn''t you go through this at some point?
Oh did I! Yeah, Big Blue went missing in USPS''s system for entirely too long. Is it insured? How did he send it? And how long has it been?

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/18/2009 2:23:58 AM
Author: Arcadian
The latest, 10k White Gold Tsavorite Ring

I''m going off of faith because the picture rather sucks. Considering that the description is 10K and the ring on the picture says 14K its probably pretty sloppy editing.

-A
I have that ring! Have you gotten it yet?

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
And I have two projects going on right now! Both are stones I''ve been wanting to have set for a while, and they''ve just been collecting dust, so soon enough I will have them in hand since they are both with the jeweler right now!

And my wedding band is there too. FI accidentally ordered a brushed finish instead of polished. So that''s getting fixed, but it''s not as fun as colored gemmies!

Novel

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 10/18/2009 1:30:24 PM
Author: FrekeChild
Date: 10/14/2009 10:19:06 AM

So, my lovely blue tourmaline seems to be lost in the mail. Gene says he has sent over 1000 stones and never had one get lost, but this one is AWOL.
8.gif
There was no tracking, but I guess Gene will file a request with the post office. Perhaps he broke free and ran home to his people? I don''t know; all I know is it never made it through my mail slot. Has anyone had the stone found after something like this? Freke, if you''re there, didn''t you go through this at some point?

Oh did I! Yeah, Big Blue went missing in USPS''s system for entirely too long. Is it insured? How did he send it? And how long has it been?

Hi Freke
35.gif
The stone is insured, and it was sent on Sept 30 by USPS (no tracking number). Gene has been really great and tracked it down with the post office. Apparently they have 30 days to get it to me before they have to reimburse its value. The thing, I don''t want to be reimbursed, I want that stone!
3.gif
How long was Big Blue lost in the system for?

I''ve been hesitant to write much about it here, because I wouldn''t want it to reflect badly on Gene if someone misread it, since its in no way his fault! The mail system... the thing is, he has been very nice about it and if the PO has to reimburse me, it would be a real shame, since the stone looks to be so special!

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 10/18/2009 1:33:03 PM
Author: FrekeChild

Date: 10/18/2009 2:23:58 AM
Author: Arcadian
The latest, 10k White Gold Tsavorite Ring

I''m going off of faith because the picture rather sucks. Considering that the description is 10K and the ring on the picture says 14K its probably pretty sloppy editing.

-A
I have that ring! Have you gotten it yet?
Nope not yet but I should have it this week. It looks similar to my wally world black diamond ring.

So what do you think of it? They have emerald as well in 10 and 14k which are ok, but I wanted tsav.

-A

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 10/18/2009 1:15:21 PM
Author: Stone Hunter
Novel -- Whew! Glad that stone has been found!

Flygirl -- GREAT earring charms! I am a bit envious.

Arcadian -- Cool ring. How high is the ring? Ya know is it for stacking?? Hope it''s better than you think it will be.
I''m not sure but it looks like the black diamond ring I got so I''m hoping they''ll be close enough in height to wear together. Its for sure 2mm wide though.

-A

BWise

Brilliant_Rock
I haven''t been able to post much recently but try to keep reading the posts. Picked up 5 new stones recently. Don''t have all of them in hand yet, will report back
2.gif

Loose Gem Seller Pictures8.jpg

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh Yingh, so you''re the mystery PS''er that picked up Gene''s latest major tsavorite. I''m glad because you take such wonderful pictures. I''ve missed your posts around here lately and I have noticed you have been MIA. Looks like you''ve been busy acquiring many lovelies.
2.gif

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Yingh!

That blue tourm (top left) from Barry is going to be a stunner.
And also of course the Gene tsav.
All your new stones are lovely, but I''m especially envious of those two, lol!

You have a great collection, make sure you take lots of pretty pictures please
35.gif

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Someone just joined the tsavorite club...
9.gif
26.gif

Lovinggems

Ideal_Rock
Really nice purchases yingh!

AJ care to post photos of your new tsav?
27.gif

My malaya garnet ring is in the final design stage! I guesstimate it'll take one more month.
26.gif

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/19/2009 6:13:25 AM
Author: Lovinggems
Really nice purchases yingh!

27.gif

My malaya garnet ring is in the final design stage! I guesstimate it''ll take one more month.
26.gif

Will do, as soon as I get the go ahead from the vendor
5.gif

Its a cushion.
18.gif

Woot on your malaya ring! I hope the wait goes speedily.

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/18/2009 1:03:52 PM
Date: 10/18/2009 3:40:32 AM

Author: arjunajane

Date: 10/16/2009 8:49:24 AM

FG I love all your earring charms. I''m planning to buy a pair of clip diamond huggies (you enabler!) so I can wear charms too, but then I go and spend the money on more gems...

Novel I hope your package arrive soon too, I just found out one of my package never left US because of missing declaration so it''s been sitting idle for 3 weeks.

Jstar please post photos, especially the demantoid garnet ring.

I''m concerned about a gem/package that''s supposed to be in US by now too (sent to Julia)

Whats up with all these postage issues lately?!
38.gif

Good luck Novel and LG with your packages!

Thanks, AJ! I hope the PO works for both you guys! his is getting frustrating, no?

Tell me about it ladies!

I''m trying to stay positive, but at this stage it looks like one of my Barry gems is lost
7.gif

Very not happy with the PO or Aust Post.
38.gif

I am going to wait another day or 2 to make sure it doesn''t show up, then I will have to start the long and stupid complaint/tracking process.
*sigh*...

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
27.gif

here ya go LG..
It''s from Gary Braun - maybe not the biggest, but I just love the colour and cutting.
5.gif

tsav GB AJ.1.JPG

redfaerythinker

Brilliant_Rock
I got the teeny tiny tsav from Gene. Will post pics once I can get good ones.

;lkjds;oftjerptirh.jpg

Gailey

Ideal_Rock
Great stone Red! I got one just like that from Peter Torraca. You will love it.

Gailey

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/19/2009 9:10:46 AM

27.gif

here ya go LG..
It''s from Gary Braun - maybe not the biggest, but I just love the colour and cutting.
5.gif
Nice AJ, very, very nice. What are the dimensions?

Novel

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 10/19/2009 6:34:58 AM
Date: 10/18/2009 1:03:52 PM

Date: 10/18/2009 3:40:32 AM

Date: 10/16/2009 8:49:24 AM

FG I love all your earring charms. I''m planning to buy a pair of clip diamond huggies (you enabler!) so I can wear charms too, but then I go and spend the money on more gems...

Novel I hope your package arrive soon too, I just found out one of my package never left US because of missing declaration so it''s been sitting idle for 3 weeks.

Jstar please post photos, especially the demantoid garnet ring.

I''m concerned about a gem/package that''s supposed to be in US by now too (sent to Julia)

Whats up with all these postage issues lately?!
38.gif

Good luck Novel and LG with your packages!

Thanks, AJ! I hope the PO works for both you guys! his is getting frustrating, no?

Tell me about it ladies!

I''m trying to stay positive, but at this stage it looks like one of my Barry gems is lost
7.gif

Very not happy with the PO or Aust Post.
38.gif

I am going to wait another day or 2 to make sure it doesn''t show up, then I will have to start the long and stupid complaint/tracking process.

*sigh*...

Ugh, AJ, I''m sorry. Sending dust and yummy tsav thoughts your way!

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/19/2009 9:23:25 AM
Author: Gailey

27.gif

here ya go LG..

5.gif
Nice AJ, very, very nice. What are the dimensions?

Cheers Gailey
its 5.2mm and VVS
5.gif

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
OOoo...can''t wait to see all the pics of the yummy tsavs you ladies bought!

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Thanks Novel - ya, it stinks
7.gif

It was my oval green tourm from BB - we specifically discussed how the colour (and clarity combo) were quite rare, so if its gone its doubtful I''ll just be able to "order up another"
14.gif

But I''m sure having the new tsav as a replacement will cheer me up at least a lil
2.gif

Lovinggems

Ideal_Rock

27.gif

here ya go LG..
5.gif
Hi AJ

Wow the tsav looks really good. I hope your tourmaline reappears, it''ll be a real shame if it''s lost.
7.gif

Lovinggems

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/19/2009 9:18:52 AM
Author: redfaerythinker
I got the teeny tiny tsav from Gene. Will post pics once I can get good ones.
Lovely stone red and it''s not really tiny. Looking forward to the photos!

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/19/2009 10:49:01 AM

27.gif

here ya go LG..

5.gif

Hi AJ

Wow the tsav looks really good. I hope your tourmaline reappears, it''ll be a real shame if it''s lost.
7.gif

Thankyou LG about the tsav.

Yeah, my blood is boiling about Aus Post - just too many stuff-ups lately, kwim?
I sincerely hope it gets found too once they start the trace/complaint. But I''m not going to hold my breath tbh.

The worse bit is I was supposed to be starting my 3 stone ring with Julia and that was the last stone. Now I can''t complete that project, and it''s proving a hassle for both Julia and I
7.gif

Stone Hunter

Ideal_Rock
Premium
WOW you ladies have been busy! I can''t wait to see all of the IRL (non vendor) photos of these lovey Tsavs and Tourms that are coming to PSers! TFS

Cind11

Brilliant_Rock
AJ, your tsavorite is very pretty. I''m looking forward to seeing all these new tsavorites. (Yingh''s and redfaerythinker''s too)

I''m getting gem 838 (trillion shaped tsavorite) from Gene. It''s going to go into a pendant with my smaller tsavorite and yellow grossularite garnet also from Gene. I don''t know why but my computer is not letting me compress the photo to post it. (computers=frustration sometimes)

Brown.Eyed.Girl

Ideal_Rock
Oh I''m just loving all these tsavs...!

I have a small project going on...a JKT key with a teeny blue sapphire
1.gif

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think I finally decided on a setting for my blue tourmaline...I think. Haha. I was going to do a simple bezel, but then saw this ring, and I just adore the movement of it and how unique it is. Think it will work with a round?

potential4tourm.jpg

jstarfireb

Ideal_Rock
MTG, that was the first ring I was immediately drawn to when I checked out the seller''s page. I like it with a pear but can definitely see a round there too.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results