carat
color
clarity

Catch all thread - talk or better yet show us

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/19/2009 7:10:47 PM
Author: Cind11
AJ, your tsavorite is very pretty. I''m looking forward to seeing all these new tsavorites. (Yingh''s and redfaerythinker''s too)

I''m getting gem 838 (trillion shaped tsavorite) from Gene. It''s going to go into a pendant with my smaller tsavorite and yellow grossularite garnet also from Gene. I don''t know why but my computer is not letting me compress the photo to post it. (computers=frustration sometimes)
Thanks Cind!
I''m liking the sounds of your pendant idea - but photos would be nicer
9.gif
2.gif

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/18/2009 3:39:44 PM
Author: Novel
Date: 10/18/2009 1:30:24 PM
Author: FrekeChild
Date: 10/14/2009 10:19:06 AM
So, my lovely blue tourmaline seems to be lost in the mail. Gene says he has sent over 1000 stones and never had one get lost, but this one is AWOL.
8.gif
There was no tracking, but I guess Gene will file a request with the post office. Perhaps he broke free and ran home to his people? I don''t know; all I know is it never made it through my mail slot. Has anyone had the stone found after something like this? Freke, if you''re there, didn''t you go through this at some point?
Oh did I! Yeah, Big Blue went missing in USPS''s system for entirely too long. Is it insured? How did he send it? And how long has it been?
Hi Freke
35.gif
The stone is insured, and it was sent on Sept 30 by USPS (no tracking number). Gene has been really great and tracked it down with the post office. Apparently they have 30 days to get it to me before they have to reimburse its value. The thing, I don''t want to be reimbursed, I want that stone!
3.gif
How long was Big Blue lost in the system for?

I''ve been hesitant to write much about it here, because I wouldn''t want it to reflect badly on Gene if someone misread it, since its in no way his fault! The mail system... the thing is, he has been very nice about it and if the PO has to reimburse me, it would be a real shame, since the stone looks to be so special!
Lets just say THANK GOODNESS it''s insured. Because Big Blue wasn''t. So I was freaking out BIG TIME. I didn''t get it back for 65 days I think. That was with 4 days to get to Chicago, a week to get from the Chicago post office to the wrong location, and three weeks for it to get from one WRONG suite to the RIGHT suite in the same building. A few weeks at the bench and one night (we weren''t taking any chances) via FedEx from Chicago to Albuquerque. I know I mentioned in the threads about it (my PS Gift one and my USPS one in Hangout). It was an incredibly long wait, with lots of pictures, faxes, tears, long distance phone calls, local phone calls, talks with my local Postmaster Bob, and frustration.

And I know what you mean about wanting the stone and not the money. Barry certainly couldn''t replace that stone (many people have asked him for its twin) and I didn''t want another one-I wanted THAT ONE. So I totally understand.

I''m keeping my fingers crossed!

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Ok. I also have another project in the works that has 6 tourmalines/indicolites, a demantoid, a tsav and a peridot.

SB621

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/20/2009 12:33:22 AM
Ok. I also have another project in the works that has 6 tourmalines/indicolites, a demantoid, a tsav and a peridot.

WOW
23.gif
that is quite a project!! what is it

Cind11

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 10/19/2009 11:58:05 PM
Author: arjunajane

Date: 10/19/2009 7:10:47 PM
Author: Cind11
AJ, your tsavorite is very pretty. I'm looking forward to seeing all these new tsavorites. (Yingh's and redfaerythinker's too)

I'm getting gem 838 (trillion shaped tsavorite) from Gene. It's going to go into a pendant with my smaller tsavorite and yellow grossularite garnet also from Gene. I don't know why but my computer is not letting me compress the photo to post it. (computers=frustration sometimes)
Thanks Cind!
I'm liking the sounds of your pendant idea - but photos would be nicer
9.gif
2.gif
Here is the tsavorite...

Edited to add: Nevermind! My computer is driving me crazy. I can't seem to post pics today. I don't know what the heck is the problem.

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/20/2009 1:37:23 AM
Author: Sarahbear621
WOW
23.gif
Here is a hint...it should be ready on or before December 18th...

Lovinggems

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/19/2009 6:34:58 AM

Date: 10/18/2009 1:03:52 PM

Date: 10/18/2009 3:40:32 AM

Date: 10/16/2009 8:49:24 AM

Author: Lovinggems

FG I love all your earring charms. I''m planning to buy a pair of clip diamond huggies (you enabler!) so I can wear charms too, but then I go and spend the money on more gems...

Novel I hope your package arrive soon too, I just found out one of my package never left US because of missing declaration so it''s been sitting idle for 3 weeks.

Jstar please post photos, especially the demantoid garnet ring.

I''m concerned about a gem/package that''s supposed to be in US by now too (sent to Julia)

Whats up with all these postage issues lately?!
38.gif

Good luck Novel and LG with your packages!

Thanks, AJ! I hope the PO works for both you guys! his is getting frustrating, no?

Tell me about it ladies!

I''m trying to stay positive, but at this stage it looks like one of my Barry gems is lost
7.gif

Very not happy with the PO or Aust Post.
38.gif

I am going to wait another day or 2 to make sure it doesn''t show up, then I will have to start the long and stupid complaint/tracking process.
*sigh*...
Sending *dust* your way. How long has it been missing? I suspected it was one of the three stones for your project.
7.gif

I am really worry about my package too, I am beginning to suspect if the person ever sent the package, I still haven''t receive the new tracking number after 5 days.

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/20/2009 4:15:03 AM

Tell me about it ladies!

I''m trying to stay positive, but at this stage it looks like one of my Barry gems is lost
7.gif

38.gif

I am going to wait another day or 2 to make sure it doesn''t show up, then I will have to start the long and stupid complaint/tracking process.
*sigh*...
Sending *dust* your way. How long has it been missing? I suspected it was one of the three stones for your project.
7.gif

I am really worry about my package too, I am beginning to suspect if the person ever sent the package, I still haven''t receive the new tracking number after 5 days.
Thanks LG - yep, it''s the green oval tourm for my 3 stone. May not seem like a "rare" gem, but I know from speaking to Barry it will be far from easy to replace, especially in the correct size and shape
7.gif
Plus this colour and clarity was pretty unique, and I''d already sent my whole balance for the project to Julia. Now it''s just becoming a headache.
15.gif

So LG this is a package supposed to be coming *in* to you? Package dust your way too lovey.

As the others who have gone through it (like Freke) can understand, its a reallly crummy feeling - now I have to find the time/effort to fill out one of Aus Posts''s ridiculously long trace forms, and all the onus is on me - when it''s their bloomin fault - I''m trying hard not to let it make me too mad..
40.gif

Not sure how well thats working, lol..

Lovinggems

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/20/2009 4:28:38 AM

Date: 10/20/2009 4:15:03 AM

Tell me about it ladies!

7.gif

38.gif

*sigh*...
7.gif

Thanks LG - yep, it''s the green oval tourm for my 3 stone. May not seem like a ''rare'' gem, but I know from speaking to Barry it will be far from easy to replace, especially in the correct size and shape
7.gif
Plus this colour and clarity was pretty unique, and I''d already sent my whole balance for the project to Julia. Now it''s just becoming a headache.
15.gif

So LG this is a package supposed to be coming *in* to you? Package dust your way too lovey.

As the others who have gone through it (like Freke) can understand, its a reallly crummy feeling - now I have to find the time/effort to fill out one of Aus Posts''s ridiculously long trace forms, and all the onus is on me - when it''s their bloomin fault - I''m trying hard not to let it make me too mad..
40.gif

Not sure how well thats working, lol..
I''m getting pretty cranky too, if I don''t hear anything soon I''ll have to try to get a refund or contact Rubylane about this seller.

Again more dust for you, and look forward to seeing your JW sapphire!

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow, what is with the mail lately? I hope you ladies get your stuff, how frustrating!

-A

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Woot!

Gray spinel ering freke sized.jpg

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
With the wedding band.

gray spinel and wedding band sized.jpg

loriken214

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/20/2009 1:58:11 PM
With the wedding band.
AWESOME.....Freke is getting married!!!!
36.gif

Lori

Novel

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 10/20/2009 12:28:16 AM
Date: 10/18/2009 3:39:44 PM

Date: 10/18/2009 1:30:24 PM

Date: 10/14/2009 10:19:06 AM

So, my lovely blue tourmaline seems to be lost in the mail. Gene says he has sent over 1000 stones and never had one get lost, but this one is AWOL.
8.gif
There was no tracking, but I guess Gene will file a request with the post office. Perhaps he broke free and ran home to his people? I don''t know; all I know is it never made it through my mail slot. Has anyone had the stone found after something like this? Freke, if you''re there, didn''t you go through this at some point?

Oh did I! Yeah, Big Blue went missing in USPS''s system for entirely too long. Is it insured? How did he send it? And how long has it been?

Hi Freke
35.gif
The stone is insured, and it was sent on Sept 30 by USPS (no tracking number). Gene has been really great and tracked it down with the post office. Apparently they have 30 days to get it to me before they have to reimburse its value. The thing, I don''t want to be reimbursed, I want that stone!
3.gif
How long was Big Blue lost in the system for?

I''ve been hesitant to write much about it here, because I wouldn''t want it to reflect badly on Gene if someone misread it, since its in no way his fault! The mail system... the thing is, he has been very nice about it and if the PO has to reimburse me, it would be a real shame, since the stone looks to be so special!

Lets just say THANK GOODNESS it''s insured. Because Big Blue wasn''t. So I was freaking out BIG TIME. I didn''t get it back for 65 days I think. That was with 4 days to get to Chicago, a week to get from the Chicago post office to the wrong location, and three weeks for it to get from one WRONG suite to the RIGHT suite in the same building. A few weeks at the bench and one night (we weren''t taking any chances) via FedEx from Chicago to Albuquerque. I know I mentioned in the threads about it (my PS Gift one and my USPS one in Hangout). It was an incredibly long wait, with lots of pictures, faxes, tears, long distance phone calls, local phone calls, talks with my local Postmaster Bob, and frustration.

And I know what you mean about wanting the stone and not the money. Barry certainly couldn''t replace that stone (many people have asked him for its twin) and I didn''t want another one-I wanted THAT ONE. So I totally understand.

I''m keeping my fingers crossed!

Thanks, Freke. I got a little despondent about it today and started looking for possible replacements, and, I''m just really attached to that stone for my sister!

My god, 65 days! I remember following your thread on your PS gift but I don''t think I realized at the time just how long it was. It arrived, which is both great for you and gives me hope!

And what is that gorgeous thing?!

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/20/2009 3:36:12 PM
Thanks, Freke. I got a little despondent about it today and started looking for possible replacements, and, I''m just really attached to that stone for my sister!

My god, 65 days! I remember following your thread on your PS gift but I don''t think I realized at the time just how long it was. It arrived, which is both great for you and gives me hope!

Don''t give up hope! Did you post the picture of it? I want to see!

And that is a spinel. The gray one. And icky camera phone pics!

Novel

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 10/20/2009 3:42:45 PM
Date: 10/20/2009 3:36:12 PM

Don''t give up hope! Did you post the picture of it? I want to see!

And that is a spinel. The gray one. And icky camera phone pics!

It looks great set, even icky camera phone style.

Aw, a pic. Ok, twist my arm!
31.gif

lostopposedbartourm.png

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
So pretty! I hope it gets found!

And I haven''t had time to do a real photoshoot yet for the new ring, but I will soon!

Novel

Brilliant_Rock
Thansk, Freke! Looking forward to seeing some other pics from you when you get the chance, too!

Lovinggems

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/20/2009 8:31:48 AM
Author: Arcadian
Wow, what is with the mail lately? I hope you ladies get your stuff, how frustrating!

-A
I am fuming at the moment, I believe the Rubylane seller didn''t even send the package until today, that''s 4 weeks since my payment. And she''s been down right rude whenever I ask her for the second tracking number. The first tracking number she gave me didn''t even show a package has been lodged with the post office.

Lovinggems

Ideal_Rock
To a much better and reliable seller, Gemline, I''m getting this spess pear. This is my first spess, 3 + cts.
12.gif

33360.jpg

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/21/2009 4:44:58 AM
Date: 10/20/2009 8:31:48 AM

-A

I am fuming at the moment, I believe the Rubylane seller didn''t even send the package until today, that''s 4 weeks since my payment. And she''s been down right rude whenever I ask her for the second tracking number. The first tracking number she gave me didn''t even show a package has been lodged with the post office.

Wow, LG that''s kinda like my situation, but around the opposite way -
how messed up is this:

I sent my third stone to Julia by Registered on the 8 Oct - clearly it should''ve been there by now.
But it''s not showing on the USPS tracking site etc.
So last week I phoned Au Post CS - the woman says "it''s not tracking anywhere - I can''t tell you what''s happened to it, but at this stage it is not in any of our systems. Basically doesn''t exist for all intents and purposes. She says Go and fill out a complaint form and you''ll have to wait and see".
grrrr...
20.gif

So I notify Julia, obviously both of us are upset right.
today, I thought, just before I go through the rig-moral of lodging this form, I''ll check once more on USPS - and I get this weird message!:
"We have received notice that the originating post is preparing to dispatch this mail piece."

I thought, what the heck does that mean?? I''ve Never seen that before.

So I call CS back - the woman now says "Oh, this just left Australia yesterday" - WTF?!
Can she tell me where my package has been / what its been doing for the past 2 weeks? Of course not!

If I want to find that out, I still have to lodge the complaint form, which I will be doing so that someone can be made accountable!
Now Julia and I are concerned the package will show up empty (if it shows up at all!).

arrgh, what a nightmare - I swear, Aus Post is really giving me the sh**s lately!

ok, sorry folks for the postal rant detour, really

40.gif

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 10/21/2009 4:56:33 AM
To a much better and reliable seller, Gemline, I''m getting this spess pear. This is my first spess, 3 + cts.
12.gif
Wowsa
23.gif
that spess looks like a piece of CANDY
18.gif
Whats the plans for this?

-A

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
12.gif
LG - YUM!!!!! That''s going to be HUGE, too! Can''t wait to see your pics of it!

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/20/2009 2:51:35 AM

WOW
23.gif
Darn you!!!!
3.gif
That''s a LOOOONG time from now . . . and it sounds like it''s going to be something else . . .
3.gif
2.gif

I just started getting the details together and submitting my materials order for my Grossular ring. I''m getting the JKT version of my e-ring with my Grossular in 18k yellow gold. She has some fabulous ideas, so I''m really excited to get this one started. It, too, should be ready on or before 12/18.
3.gif

And the settings for the aqua and afghan tourmaline asschers should be here soon.
1.gif

1.38ct.GrossularGarnetAsscher6.61mmLTPs.jpg

Lovinggems

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/21/2009 10:01:41 AM

12.gif
Wowsa
23.gif
that spess looks like a piece of CANDY
18.gif
Whats the plans for this?

-A
Thanks Arcadian, I don''t know what I''ll doing with this yet. Thanks LTP, I love your new asscher!

Novel that''s a nice modern cut, and I can''t keep up with Freke''s e-ring, they''re all beautiful though.

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/21/2009 5:11:06 PM
Author: LaurenThePartier
Date: 10/20/2009 2:51:35 AM
WOW
23.gif
Darn you!!!!
3.gif
That''s a LOOOONG time from now . . . and it sounds like it''s going to be something else . . .
3.gif
2.gif

I just started getting the details together and submitting my materials order for my Grossular ring. I''m getting the JKT version of my e-ring with my Grossular in 18k yellow gold. She has some fabulous ideas, so I''m really excited to get this one started. It, too, should be ready on or before 12/18.
3.gif

And the settings for the aqua and afghan tourmaline asschers should be here soon.
1.gif
I also have something else in the works, but I''m keeping mum on that one until it''s in my hands. HOWEVER, it''s already been made into a wax, and I''m waiting for the finished product already...

In the meantime I''m taken some other pictures of the tapered baguette, so I''ll be posting that shortly...

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thanks LG! One of these days, I will take pictures of all of them together, and put them all in one thread!

(And then have more a couple months later!)

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
LG, Novel and AJ-I''m sorry about all the crap with the mail! I''m glad AJ''s is back from the Land of Nowhere and on it''s way to Julia finally, so here''s hoping the others will be soon too!

And to you Secret McMystery Keepers..how do you do it? I''m too much of a blabbermouth to stay mum. Maybe b/c you guys''ve done it way more than my zero times and trust your own judgment by now haha?

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
boy you guys have been busy! love all the new stones and projects everyone
36.gif

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I got word from Julia that my ring should be ready by end of the month. and...I''ve seen some pictures
36.gif
Only reason why I''m not totaly bouncing off the walls is because I''m in a class thats kicking my butt. Reveal day isn''t too far off
2.gif

-A

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results