carat
color
clarity

Catch all thread - talk or better yet show us

brandy_z28

Brilliant_Rock
Re: Catch all thread - talk or better yet show us

mariedtiger|1316967083|3025077 said:
Thanks guys! I've had pendants made before, but this is my first proper necklace. Tan's shops are really great for this. All of the bigger stones have inclusions/windows, but who can tell from a necklace and who cares with the mahenge pinks anyway?
:love: Wow mt!! Just wow!! Beautiful! :love:

athenaworth

Ideal_Rock
Trade

I just fell madly in love with this color, and soon it will be mine. 2.69 tanga garnet.

BBga-6244g269.jpg

loriken214

Ideal_Rock

mariedtiger|1316964242|3025033 said:
Here's a necklace I have been planning for a year or so. I bought affordable spinels from Tan, from auctions and a bigger batch of small reddish pink spinels from Gemcal. Now I have had a matching set of earrings and a necklace made. Sally has been a dream to work with once again. I wanted a necklace I can wear to work or then the whole set at festive events. I actually felt a bit breathless just now, seeing the end result and wanted to share with you all. I'll give them their own thread once I get them.

This is such an amazing set....I adore it!!!

Lori

Kismet

Ideal_Rock

My opal ring is done and it is beautiful! And done quickly too, just 3 weeks from the date I shipped him my stone to the date I received the ring. I'll have some pics when I get home to my camera.

lavatea

Brilliant_Rock

Kismet|1317233205|3028001 said:
My opal ring is done and it is beautiful! And done quickly too, just 3 weeks from the date I shipped him my stone to the date I received the ring. I'll have some pics when I get home to my camera.

You big tease! :nono:

VapidLapid

Ideal_Rock

Oy vey!
word on my block is that the ground floor retail space in the building next door has just been bought by the little blue box emporium. ugh, how can they possibly need a third store in manhattan?

well, looking on the bright side, I can have breakfast there!

NKOTB

Ideal_Rock
Premium

athenaworth|1317018005|3025667 said:
I just fell madly in love with this color, and soon it will be mine. 2.69 tanga garnet.

You and I consistently have the same taste. I LOVE that stone! A commission cut, I take it - don't remember seeing that one in a drop. Will you set it soon? I know I can count on you for many pictures when you get it! :love:

athenaworth

Ideal_Rock
Trade

NKOTB|1317347344|3029290 said:

You and I consistently have the same taste. I LOVE that stone! A commission cut, I take it - don't remember seeing that one in a drop. Will you set it soon? I know I can count on you for many pictures when you get it! :love:
Believe it or not, I got it second hand! I should get it tomorrow. I'm so excited.

I probably won't set it until about January or February. But you SO know I will photograph the heck out of it before and after. :)

mariedtiger

Brilliant_Rock

Ah I just received my lovelies. I'm so pleased with Sallys work. Drinking my morning coffee, looking like a princess :lol:

loriken214

Ideal_Rock

What happened with your Tanga????

Lori

athenaworth

Ideal_Rock
Trade

It turned out not to be the right color for me so thankfully the seller is a wonderful person and is taking it back. Ah well. More money to put towards resets.

loriken214

Ideal_Rock

athenaworth|1317521669|3030928 said:
It turned out not to be the right color for me so thankfully the seller is a wonderful person and is taking it back. Ah well. More money to put towards resets.

When are you returning it? I know someone who is very interested in it.

Lori

Imdanny

Ideal_Rock

davi_el_mejor|1306336674|2929898 said:
Well here's some chryso lovin :D

The last pic is next to two 20 point omcs.

Wow.

natsplat

Brilliant_Rock

Got my two rose gold stacking rings as alternate wedding rings from kyleanne today. So thrilled with them! (not least coz I got them in her 15% off sale, shortly before she put her prices up...! :Up_to_something: )

blithesome71

Shiny_Rock

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock

I've been busy saving....

IMG_1888 freke.jpg

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Ooh Freke, do tell! It looks beautiful but we need more pics and stats! Is that a - shhh, say it quietly - a diamond? :o

lavatea

Brilliant_Rock

FrekeChild|1320201128|3052242 said:
I've been busy saving....

Yummy. :) I was just thinking about you yesterday. :wavey: Hope things are moving along smoothly.

SB621

Ideal_Rock

Just put down a payment with Jeff White to cut another antique cushion. I know several PSers have gotten aqua's in this cut from him lately. I asked if he had similar rough, but lighter, to cut a 9.5mm antique cushion and he did. My MIL's 60th birthday is coming up and I think I will set this into a ring with french cut sides for her and double claw prongs. She loves the art-deco pieces I have so I think a pale aqua would be great for her.

loriken214

Ideal_Rock

Sarahbear621|1320613359|3055449 said:
Just put down a payment with Jeff White to cut another antique cushion. I know several PSers have gotten aqua's in this cut from him lately. I asked if he had similar rough, but lighter, to cut a 9.5mm antique cushion and he did. My MIL's 60th birthday is coming up and I think I will set this into a ring with french cut sides for her and double claw prongs. She loves the art-deco pieces I have so I think a pale aqua would be great for her.

OH...I can't wait to see this one!!!

Lori

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Freke,
Is that your "push present?" It's stunning.

I'm having two, three stone rings, made. One is a chrysoberyl and purple spinel ring made, and the other is my three stone mahenge spinel and mint garnet ring made. Looking forward to both! :bigsmile:

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock

minousbijoux|1320202069|3052258 said:
Ooh Freke, do tell! It looks beautiful but we need more pics and stats! Is that a - shhh, say it quietly - a diamond? :o
Nope! It's a "colored" stone. I'll start a thread soon!

Lavatea Thanks for thinking about me! Everything is still going smoothly. Against my wishes, she still hasn't come out yet!

TL, nope, not the push present. Not that it's any surprise, but my push present is blue and cut by Barry! The only surprising part is that it's NOT spinel!

SB621

Ideal_Rock

FrekeChild|1320640410|3055852 said:
minousbijoux|1320202069|3052258 said:
Nope! It's a "colored" stone. I'll start a thread soon!

Lavatea Thanks for thinking about me! Everything is still going smoothly. Against my wishes, she still hasn't come out yet!

TL, nope, not the push present. Not that it's any surprise, but my push present is blue and cut by Barry! The only surprising part is that it's NOT spinel!

Oh do tell...do tell what is it? A sapphire?!?!?!?!

mastercutgems

Shiny_Rock
Trade

erinL :appl:

I think you will do well with that gem. Of course aquamarine is one of those that is hard to really get a true picture of; but it looks clean; deep, and I am sure it will have good life about it... And the price you can not beat... You can not buy the rough and sit there for 2 hours for less ;-)

I hope it turns out as lovely as I think it will and you will have a nice gem to wear and enjoy...

Bravo :)

Most respectfully;

Dana

VapidLapid

Ideal_Rock

Ok, I'm likely to be the only one who hadn't discovered this yet but now I have.

A fine and simple way to display or balance your gems for admiration or photographing, is simply to set them on a nut!

These are amethyst, nigerian tourmaline, and spess.

Also good for spheric stones, lke this cateye danburite!

nuts.jpg

nuts1.jpg

nuts2.jpg

nuts3.jpg

Blue-Seeker

Shiny_Rock

VapidLapid, that danburite looks like a golden planet in orbit. Yummy! I've never heard of the nut trick. Great idea.

blithesome71

Shiny_Rock

I've finally received my won rhodolite garnet (will try to post some RL shots this weekend) now I'm waiting for this rare & vs clarity sunflower stone (clinohumite) to arrive yipeee :bigsmile: This is more of a collector's stone & one my dream rare stones next to Bluish/purplish sillimanite & hackmanite.
Glad I won this item. Was looking for a untreated Heliodor or Citrine but I found this instead hehe

http://www.ebay.com/itm/150692573367?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649

Aerix

Shiny_Rock

I just purchased this sapphire from Simply Sapphires. It's supposed to be arriving today:

They're having a 25% off sale and if you're subscribed to their emails, you'll get an offer for 40% off. Ack! I've seen a couple other stones I like but my wallet can't take much more. :(sad

1.23ct_untreated_sri_lanka_sapphire.jpg

Blue-Seeker

Shiny_Rock

I'm putting my search for a medium-blue sapphire on hold while we complete a long overdue kitchen remodel. But I decided to purchase this unusual sapphire to keep me company while I replenish the jewelry fund. It's a 7 mm x 7 mm untreated Umba Valley sapphire cut by Roger Dery. My jeweler called it in for me to compare it to a few other stones. This stone was so different from anything else I'd seen, so I bought it and am having my jeweler set it in a rose gold head on a brushed sterling silver band. eta: Photo taken in a mix of natural daylight and incandescent light.

CIMG2745.JPG

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results