shape
carat
color
clarity

Cat parents, please convene again! Teeth cleaning is the subject today!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

rainbowtrout

Ideal_Rock
Boo. is. so. CUTE!!!!!!!!
30.gif
30.gif
Lynn that''s a great response to get from someone about the food, must have made you proud ;-) That''s such a good idea with de-fussying him, I try to do that too.

And Holly is such a fey little thing!

RE--the "yuppie" ingredients, they mainly bother me because I wish the food was a little cheaper, and I feel like I''m paying for fancy price-inflators the cat doesn''t need. In my ideal world there would be a canned food that was basically muscle meat, organ meat, a calcium source, and supplements.

As for the water issue, I read a very interesting article in a veterinary journal recently. Said that in 90 percent of cases cats with lower urinary tract problems had ALL of their issues resolve when they were switched to wet food. Interestingly the journal didn''t then make the logical jump to just flat recommending wet food for high risk cats? I then flipped the journal over and noticed that one of their sponsors was a pet food company. Hmmmmmmm.

Lynn B

Ideal_Rock
Ohmygoodness, these new pictures of Holly and Ollie just make me SMILE!
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
Two beautiful, beautiful babies!

Holly looks so HAPPY, FG! Just 100% "I-am-at-home-and-I-am-so-loved" HAPPY!
36.gif
She is such a beautiful girl!
30.gif
Thanks for sharing those pictures!

And AG... you know I melt every time I see Oliver! What a beautiful boy. Must. Have. More. Pictures. Please! (And don't forget The Tail!)
2.gif

RT... Omieluv... any new pictures from your camp?!!
36.gif

AmberGretchen

Ideal_Rock
Lynn...sadly, no new Ollie pictures to share right now as I''m at work (I shall have to capture the tail in all its furminated glory soon though), but here is some SKP to tide you over - these are the latest batch of kittens that my boss and his family are fostering until they are big enough to be spayed/neutered and go to new homes. These pictures don''t quite capture how tiny they are, but they are SO CUTE I had to share anyway (pics taken by one of the admins here...can you tell we''re not getting as much work as usual done today??)

tabbynearfoodbowls55.jpeg

AmberGretchen

Ideal_Rock
This little tortie girl is my favorite - she already head-butts for petting and purrs when you pet her or pick her up. So sweet!!

tortienearcarrier66.jpeg

AmberGretchen

Ideal_Rock
Can''t stand the cuteness...

threeoncarrier33.jpeg

AmberGretchen

Ideal_Rock
they are actually all really sweet, but this one just stole my heart
30.gif

tortieondeskfromfront22.jpeg

AmberGretchen

Ideal_Rock
although this is an awfully cute tummy...

tuxedoinarms88.jpeg

AmberGretchen

Ideal_Rock
the side view might be even cuter than the front...

tortieondeskfromside11.jpeg

AmberGretchen

Ideal_Rock
they are all pretty intrepid, considering how tiny/young they are

tuxedooncarrier44.jpeg

AmberGretchen

Ideal_Rock
OK, last one. Sorry for the threadjack, but hopefully nobody minds the SKP because of how incredibly cute these little ones are!!

twonearcarrier77.jpeg

omieluv

Ideal_Rock
Amber, this is the best threadjack ever!
30.gif

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
AG they are so cute!!! I want to moooosh every single one of them.
30.gif
How many are there?

Lynn it is amazing to see how far Holly has come...how much she loves to be near me, how soft her fur has gotten now that she's had proper nutrition, how she talks to me to make sure I know she wants attention. When I get in the shower she waits outside the shower door for me until I get out. I think she is worried something happens to me when I go in there. Sometimes she even tries to stop me from getting in by pawing at me with claws retracted. SO CUTE! I have come to learn that this is what happiness looks like: (one can only chase after catnip filled hemp mice and fur covered snakes for so long! zzzzzzzzz)

sosleepies1.jpg

rainbowtrout

Ideal_Rock
Falling. over. from. the. cuteness!!!!!! OMG AG those itty bitty kitties! How adorable.

Something in Holly''s eyes reminds me a little of MC FG...that I''m gonna getcha look I think. Plus the no way in heck am I EVER giving up! face.

Oh you guys just wait until Sept 1....there will be a great picturefest, possibly even a thread dedicated to the meeting of the Fancy Feast cat and the street fluffball.

AmberGretchen

Ideal_Rock
OK since it ate my last post, in brief, there are 4 kittens in this litter. My boss and family foster throughout kitten season and each litter usually comes into the lab at least once a week for extra socialization.

FG - I love the picture of happy Holly all sacked out. She really does look so happy and healthy and relaxed. That''s so cute how she talks to you and waits for you outside the shower - I love that about cats, that they all have such distinctive personalities, and as they come out of their shells in a good home, you really get to see that. Its possibly my favorite part of cat ownership. Holly sounds like she''s shaping up to be quite the sweetie!

risingsun

Ideal_Rock
Those kitties are so cute I can''t stand it
30.gif

Lynn B

Ideal_Rock
OHMYGOSH, AG -- those babies!!!!!!!!!
30.gif
36.gif
30.gif
36.gif
30.gif
36.gif
30.gif

That little tortie baby girl may just have to be one of the most ADORABLE kitties I have EVER, EVER seen!!! I wanna moosh, moosh, mush and squoosh her fuzzy little adorable-ness! I can hardly stand it!!!

Is she spoken for? I am just wondering how you can RESIST?!!
31.gif
2.gif
1.gif
9.gif
I am not sure I could!!! Whatta DARLING! All of them are precious (and you can high-jack ANY of my threads ANY TIME with such glorious SKP!!!) but that one... oh my, oh my, oh my!!! Torturous!!!

More pictures, maybe, pretty please???!!!

Lynn B

Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/21/2007 5:32:17 PM
Author: FireGoddess

Lynn it is amazing to see how far Holly has come...how much she loves to be near me, how soft her fur has gotten now that she''s had proper nutrition, how she talks to me to make sure I know she wants attention. When I get in the shower she waits outside the shower door for me until I get out. I think she is worried something happens to me when I go in there. Sometimes she even tries to stop me from getting in by pawing at me with claws retracted. SO CUTE! I have come to learn that this is what happiness looks like: (one can only chase after catnip filled hemp mice and fur covered snakes for so long! zzzzzzzzz)
Oh FG... your post just made my heart feel so happy! How blessed sweet Miss Holly is... and so are you. Aren''t these fur-babies just sooooo wonderful?! xoxoxo!

Lynn B

Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/21/2007 5:37:33 PM
Author: rainbowtrout

Oh you guys just wait until Sept 1....there will be a great picturefest, possibly even a thread dedicated to the meeting of the Fancy Feast cat and the street fluffball.
OH, YAY! I am counting down the days, believe me!!! And you better get that camera charged and READY, girlfriend, because we are gonna HOLD YOU TO IT!!!
2.gif
1.gif
9.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

Lynn B

Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/19/2007 9:18:06 PM
Author: Gypsy
There is a water additive we''ve been buying for the last 4 months or so. It''s supposed to help. Also there are teeth cleaning treats... they look like packing popcorn for boxes. And well, teeth cleanings at the vet.
Hi Gypsy! I keep forgetting to ask you about your post. Are you using the same water additive that FG is using? Or something different? Do you think you notice any difference?

And could you kindly post a link or direct me to a website for the "packing popcorn" teeth cleaning treats, please?
2.gif

THANK YOU!

AmberGretchen

Ideal_Rock
Lynn - you would find her even more irresistable in person, I promise - she is already a snuggler, loves to be held and petted, does the little head-butt thing (so impossibly cute with a head that tiny!!), and is just all around a total sweetie. I''m going to have to resist though, because DH has insisted no more kitties!

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Lynn, Boo is GORGEOUS!!!! I would definitely persevere with his tooth brushing, especially as he is being a good sport about it.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
HI Lynn... We have them at home. I''ll check the brand tonight hopefully and get back to you. It''s something the Vet carried. C A T brand or something??? Hmm.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Yup same brand as FG, got the recommendation from her, so it makes sense.
2.gif

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
It was the editor''s pick from Cat Fancy magazine, so I figured they were obsessive enough to pick a good one.
2.gif
9.gif

charles de gall

Rough_Rock
My vet has recommended annual teeth cleaning for the 14 year old, the baby Radarpuss. My brother's vet does not suggest routine tooth cleaning and my brother doesn't take his cats in for that. So I don't know what to do.

Radarpuss likes to sleep in my dresser drawer.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
Interesting. Do you order them online or get 'em in a store?

Holly will eat anything but Chloe is a PITA. They both love the greenies, so I've been going with that. Holly will eat cut up (cooked) chicken breast, but Chloe won't touch it.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
we bought them at our vet in NJ. And are done to 4 more... so we''ll probably get them online now. Haven''t seen them anywhere here. I suppose I could call the company and see anyone around here stocks the stuff... but seems like a lot of trouble, and I''m feeling lazy.
24.gif

Lynn B

Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/23/2007 8:33:56 PM
Author: Gypsy

Here's the info:

http://www.cetdental.com/ is the company.

http://www.24hourpet.com/dental-products-chews-cats-c-63_104.html?osCsid=qve3ll68589acj8crist7nejf7 shows the product. It's the Chews for Cats.

Oh Gypsy! THANK YOU! I am definitely going to get some of these chews for Boo.
And just FYI... PetFoodDirect also carries them. A little more $$$, but with the "GEICO" -20% coupon code, it's very competitive in price, maybe even a little less. I like PFD because I can get the unscented litter I like, plus the different dry foods I feed him.. And of course, a new toy or two always finds its way into the shopping cart...
2.gif

http://www.petfooddirect.com/store/petproducts.asp?mscssid=FBURF7BP6W6B8JVUKH020BXD9TRKDRR1

Lynn B

Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/23/2007 8:10:23 PM
Author: FireGoddess
It was the editor's pick from Cat Fancy magazine, so I figured they were obsessive enough to pick a good one.
2.gif
9.gif
FG,
The CET chews were the editor's pick? Or the water additive?
33.gif

Thanks!
Lynn

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results