Brilliant_Rock
36.gif
36.gif
Mandy...they are soooo cute
30.gif
30.gif

mela lu

Ideal_Rock
Congrats Mandarine! They are TOO precious. Oh Twins!!!!!
30.gif
30.gif

rockpaperscissors67

Shiny_Rock
What beautiful babies! Congrats again! I''m sorry that your hospital stay was less than ideal. I''ll bet you and your hubby have it all down pat really soon.

I can''t imagine having twins myself, but I think they''re absolutely fascinating and amazing.

Lanie

Brilliant_Rock
Mil felicidades Mandarina!!!!!!!

The bebes look so serene and adorable!

MonkeyPie

Ideal_Rock
Oh Mandarine, they are absolutely gorgeous! Perfect little faces and they look SO much alike in this picture! I am soooo jealous, I want my baby out now lol.

meresal

Ideal_Rock
Congrats Mandy! They look absolutely perfect!

Jas12

Ideal_Rock
Mandarine--what BEAUTIFUL boys you have!! They do look pretty identical
1.gif
. Glad you are having more BFing success, it truly does get easier with each passing day, so keep at it!

taovandel

Brilliant_Rock
Aw, Mandy they are too cute! Sorry to hear your hospital stay was less than ideal but glad to hear you are home and happy!

fieryred33143

Ideal_Rock
They''re gorgeous Mandy and I agree they look identical!
30.gif

natalina

Brilliant_Rock
Mandarine- Oh my goodness, they are too sweet for words! How adorable- I love how they look all cuddled together like best buddies already. Out of curiosity, do they settle each other? I just wonder if twins get used to being "near" each other in the uterus, and then bring each other comfort on the outside. So glad you are home now and all is well. Sorry about your icky hospital experience. You did a great job, mama! Those are some beautiful boys!!!!

AmberWaves

Ideal_Rock
Awwww, Mandarine! Look at those BABIES!! So cute!

meresal

Ideal_Rock
Ok ladies.... it''s BPF!!! Let''s see ''em!!!

(Sorry... I still have no belly, so I''m living vicariously thru every one of you!)

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
The boys are beautiful, Mandy. Glad you''re home and enjoying them!

AmberWaves

Ideal_Rock
Okay, here I am, 34w5d in the bathroom at work. I just got a new Blackberry so I'm trying to figure out how to use it right.
1.gif

During my 34 week appointment, I was told my fundus (belly) is measuring pretty large for where I am in the pregnancy, so we're going to get another ultrasound a little bit later to see just how big she is. It's like now I'm getting a comment nearly every day. This guy in the elevator WITH HIS DAUGHTER was like, "Wow, you're still walking??" Um, what?? What the hell else should I be doing/ Wanna get me a Rascal or a Hoveround so I can zip along the sidewalk with my scooter? Then he decided to be "funny" and was like, "you're not going to have the baby right now, are you?" Har har, asshat. Then came the usual "When are you due?" Followed by the other norm, "Is it Twins?" GOD.

ETA: Excuse the hair, this is what happens when you take a late shower, go to bed with wet hair, then wake up late. I'm so hot.

amberwaves34w5d.jpg

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Mandarine they are soooo cute...how precious! I love their little blankies and expressions.

I gotta say ladies, I lurked in the newborn-12 months thread for a few days since I figured well lets see if I can glean any pre-info that might help me out for the future, and ummm...I am kind of freaked out now. Seems like there are so many babies that don't sleep well and Moms who really struggle in those first few months. While I already *knew* it was hard in general, now I realize most people in real life seem to kind of gloss over half of the extremely hard stuff. So no more reading for now. Greg was like 'why worry about something you don't even know about yet'...rational, pratical man!! Back to my sleep book I guess. But yeah the thread really knocked home that baking this kid is only part of the work ahead. I asked Greg 'is it too late for returns' hehee. UH YEAH.

The nugget has been kind of quiet the last day, kicks here and there but not the same level as the rest of the week. Maybe he's growing another layer of fat as viz likes to say. I am also noticing that when I put pressure on the area of my belly he is in, like with the heel of my hand and leave it there, he tends to kick or push around there. Similar to what he did with the heartbeat monitor...so I wonder if he feels that kind of external influence more now that is he is larger. Very interesting anyway, I love the scientific nature of pregnancy.

Oh also... I unpacked the crib last nite and the varnish from the paint was sooo strong we had to open the windows to air out the room. Today it's still super strong. So just an FYI for anyone who has left their crib in a box for a long time, you might want to just unpack it and let the room and the furniture air out. Also, I was kind of pissed because I specifically asked PBKids where the cribs came from and they said CANADA. Well the box says clear as day 'Made in China for PB Kids'. While I was not TOTALLY averse to a Chinese made crib, the fact that the furniture was Canadian was actually a selling point for me. I might call PB and just bitch to them because hello that is not cool. Some pepole would be really averse and return it... so their sales reps should be saying the correct thing.

Lastly, I don't know if I have put this out here before but I have been researching the connections in development of autism in kids to environmental factors, esp here in CA where our rate is higher and one of my friend's DR's said he personally thinks that a lot of the fire retardent items in babies PJ's, mattresses, sheets etc contribute, since they spend SO much time on/near that kind of stuff. There ar esome articles out there for anyone interested but the bottom line is that you can consider an organically made mattress with a natural repellent (wool mattresses are popular for this) or if you want to outfit an already purchased mattress with an organically made, natural repellent cover, that is recommended as well. since we don't have ours yet i am not sure what to do, the organic mattresses are like $300 and wool is SO darn hot in general...so i'm still checking into it. one of my friends said 'well if you go down that road, where do you stop, the kid can't live in a bubble' and while he is totally right... on the other hand something like where the baby sleeps seems like it warrants a little extra attention if we are able to do it. so just an FYI for anyone who is interested in doing their own research and coming to their own conclusions. i had no idea also that autism can come on in kids all the way up to age 8.
8.gif

wow I am a downer debbie today...SORRY guys..!!! i hope to see some bellies. mine will not be making an appearance today but maybe next week. meresal, you still have absolutely nothing? you lucky girl but maybe a TINY swelling to show?
3.gif

pg and viz hope you guys are doing well and sending SOON vibes!

amber...JEEZ i cannot believe the things people say to you. you need to come up with some snarky comments back to them to get them to shut their traps. TWINS? how about 'no it's actually quintuplets, i plan to be the next octo mom'...hehee. sheesh!! you look very cute.

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Mandy, your boys are soooooo beautiful!! Yay for all being home and so glad all is well!!!

meresal

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/16/2009 10:55:21 AM
Author: AmberWaves
Okay, here I am, 34w5d in the bathroom at work. I just got a new Blackberry so I''m trying to figure out how to use it right.
1.gif

During my 34 week appointment, I was told my fundus (belly) is measuring pretty large for where I am in the pregnancy, so we''re going to get another ultrasound a little bit later to see just how big she is. It''s like now I''m getting a comment nearly every day. This guy in the elevator WITH HIS DAUGHTER was like, ''Wow, you''re still walking??'' Um, what?? What the hell else should I be doing/ Wanna get me a Rascal or a Hoveround so I can zip along the sidewalk with my scooter? Then he decided to be ''funny'' and was like, ''you''re not going to have the baby right now, are you?'' Har har, asshat. Then came the usual ''When are you due?'' Followed by the other norm, ''Is it Twins?'' GOD.

ETA: Excuse the hair, this is what happens when you take a late shower, go to bed with wet hair, then wake up late. I''m so hot.
Amber- You are so funny! I find myself belly laughing through almost every one of your posts. You look great! Will the doctor induce if the baby is a certain weight already? or is the point of the US just to see and guesstimate?

AmberWaves

Ideal_Rock
Mara, my husband was like, "Next time just tell them that your husband is a taller sized person, so it would be hard for them to understand." I was like, "Yeah, but then I'd have to talk to these people more than before."

I have a huge craving for warm sourdough bread and butter. Dang.

Meresal: I think we're going to wait until 38 weeks, see how I'm feeling and how the baby is looking, but everyone is convinced I'm going to go early. I'm pretty lucky because I honestly don't feel heavy. I was thinking I must have NOT dropped yet because I can still do a brisk walk most of the time (depending on her positioning), and other than the random foot swelling and the pulling belly feeling, I'm loving it. Mostly because of what Mara mentioned: Once she comes out, there's no going back!

qtiekiki

Ideal_Rock
Mandy
Awww the boys look so precious. I agree that they look identical.
Sorry your hospital and nurses were horrible.
Take care of yourself and the boys.

LOL. I think my coworker felt ok saying that his wife is manly to me b/c I actually met/worked with her first and am friend with her. Not that I agree with him that it''s ok.

I actually think I am carrying lower, wider and smaller this pregnancy. Whatever that means.

Amber
You look adorable. Love your dress. You are ready for the 90 degrees heat that we''ll be having.

MonkeyPie

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/16/2009 11:05:50 AM
Mara, my husband was like, ''Next time just tell them that your husband is a taller sized person, so it would be hard for them to understand.'' I was like, ''Yeah, but then I''d have to talk to these people more than before.''

I have a huge craving for warm sourdough bread and butter. Dang.

Meresal: I think we''re going to wait until 38 weeks, see how I''m feeling and how the baby is looking, but everyone is convinced I''m going to go early. I''m pretty lucky because I honestly don''t feel heavy. I was thinking I must have NOT dropped yet because I can still do a brisk walk most of the time (depending on her positioning), and other than the random foot swelling and the pulling belly feeling, I''m loving it. Mostly because of what Mara mentioned: Once she comes out, there''s no going back!

Don''t you just hate people? I don''t get why having a pregnant belly automatically shuts off the filter between their mouth and brain. Ugh.

Are you hoping to do a little bit earlier if the baby is big? I keep telling my husband I want to go at 36 weeks and he''s all freaked out about it coming sooner than 40 weeks. Hi husband, most women don''t actually make it to the end! He just wants to be fat for longer!

Mmm...sourdough bread...I am SO hungry.

taovandel

Brilliant_Rock
MP: Why would you want to go at 36 weeks? The baby isn''t even full term then. You should want your little one to bake as long as possible to ensure they are healthy.

Amber: I was with you on the whole not feeling the pressure and walking normal until about 4 days ago (just prior to going to 36 weeks). He has definitely started dropping and that started me with the waddling and the pressure in the lower part of my belly/pelvis. I try to hide the waddling as much as possible when out in possible, but once I''m home--I''m full on penguin walking and I don''t care!

My area hospitals have finally instituted a ban on children under 18 coming to visit at the hospital because of H1N1. Thankfully this doesn''t affect me that much--I don''t anticipate anyone under that age coming to visit (My SIL has two young children--but I doubt she was going to bring them anyways). I feel bad for my boss though, he has a stepdaughter who is 10 and she won''t be able to visit her new brother when his wife gives birth in January.

AmberWaves

Ideal_Rock
Thanks for the compliments, ladies.

Qtie: I''m so not ready for this heat! It''s too hot for October, it''s just not right.

Monkey: I''m actually the complete opposite, my husband would like for her to come early and I''m like, NO, stay until 40 weeks, hey, how about an extra week, too? I think it''s because I''m so NOT prepared. Good thing I have two showers, one tonight and one tomorrow. Although, from stalking the registry, we''re not really getting any necessities. I keep telling people we''d really like diapers and onesies. Not the fancy onesies, but like, PLAIN white t-shirts and kimono onesies. So far, we have cute little teethers and outfits. Our baby will be looking FINE at 6-9 months. Until then her ensemble will be a black belly button stump, a diaper I got free in the mail and a gigantic onesie for 6-9 months.
1.gif

(okay, I''m really not bitching, I just think it''s hilarious because I did the same thing- everyone wants to get her cute outfits, especially considering she''s the first girl on my mom''s side for 14 years, and the first girl out of FIVE BOYS born this year on my dad''s side. On his side we literally have 8 boys and four girls (including ours in utero), one of which is my niece who lives in Sydney. So yeah, I understand wanting to get her cute stuff, but we DO really need a Snap N Go!!)

qtiekiki

Ideal_Rock
Paige maternity jeans on sale on babysteals.com

steph72276

Ideal_Rock
Here''s my 25 week pic....hope everyone is having a great Friday!!

week25bump.jpg

MonkeyPie

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/16/2009 11:27:40 AM
Monkey: I''m actually the complete opposite, my husband would like for her to come early and I''m like, NO, stay until 40 weeks, hey, how about an extra week, too? I think it''s because I''m so NOT prepared. Good thing I have two showers, one tonight and one tomorrow. Although, from stalking the registry, we''re not really getting any necessities. I keep telling people we''d really like diapers and onesies. Not the fancy onesies, but like, PLAIN white t-shirts and kimono onesies. So far, we have cute little teethers and outfits. Our baby will be looking FINE at 6-9 months. Until then her ensemble will be a black belly button stump, a diaper I got free in the mail and a gigantic onesie for 6-9 months.
1.gif

LOL I think it''s funny that most people ignore the registry altogether and just buy stuff they think is cute. I don''t mind - I''e done it, too - but it would be so much easier if you could just get the stuff you really need first! Start stocking up on onsies and washclothes Amber lol.

tao, I was just teasing him - he is super paranoid about the baby being well baked lol.

drk

Brilliant_Rock
20 weeks today! I''ll have to get DH to take a pic and finally post one. We missed last week''s pic due to our Thanksgiving trip home. I think there''s been a big change between 18 and 20 weeks. I can still suck things in, but I think I finally am starting to look like there''s more in there than just fat.
I was so annoyed 2 nights ago. I was up around 1:30am to pee when DH came to bed, then again at 4am. Had to get up shortly after 6am. Well, DH decided to get up at 5am to pee, which woke me up. And then the kid was kicking more than usual, so I was awake for nearly 30min enjoying the little nudges. It didn''t make for a very restful night''s sleep though!
I''m still having the annoying tightenings. They''re still not painful, but I''ll have the odd hour a day where it seems like I have a bunch, and then a couple hours with nothing much. Weird. Next check is next Thurs.

Mandy - they''re beautiful! I also think they look identical, but maybe that''s just in photos? Are you getting them tested to see if they''re di/di or fraternal?

I''m trying to figure out the birthing class stuff. I actually want to do Hypnobirthing. Just have to see when DH wants to do it to be able to figure out where and with who we''ll do the classes. Seems to be 4-5 sessions of 2-2.5 hours. Weekend or weeknight? I imagine DH will want to be out of town on business during one or two of those weeks, which will make the scheduling a little more complicated. And then I worry about what if I get put on bedrest? Has anyone else considered doing this? Other styles of birthing classes (aside from learning some breathing techniques) would be just for DH. I''ve delivered enough babies on OB/GYN rotations and been obsessed with L&D for long enough that the rest of the info won''t be news to me.
I think sometime after the next couple weeks have passed (without cervical shortening) I''ll have to gather the energy to go out and look at more strollers. I''d love to put the car seat in the middle back of the Audi A4 DH wants to get. I don''t know if the latch system will work there though, since they seem to be more in the two outboard seats. Anyone know about that?

qtiekiki

Ideal_Rock
Steph
You are still tiny with a cute little bump.

Amber
It''s so wrong to be this hot for October.
What will they do if they do the u/s and Piper is a big baby? Will they talk induction or something?

Mara
I think lots of people forgot how tough it is in the beginning with the newborn once you get past that stage, and that''s why it''s glossed over. For me, it reallly wasn''t bad. We were prepared for sleepless night, but Meena really didn''t have any BFing or sleeping issues.

Here''s my BPF contribution. I took a restroom shot at work, and it''s pretty blurry. Oh well.

kiki_bpf_25w1d.JPG

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
re: early delivery. i know that a lot of people want the kid in there as long as possible but my dr basically is like..well at 37 weeks you are technically full term so by then the kid should be good to go. they aren''t always ready to COME OUT ( umm i was 2.5 weeks late) but both greg and i were big kids 30-40 years ago, so i am like...yikes on birthing! 38 weeks would be a sweet spot haha. plus everyone makes the last 2-3 weeks sound soooo horrible so it''s a little intimidating.

though i do want an aquarius so he''d have to wait til 39 weeks.
3.gif
no really whatever happens happens BUT i def won''t be pushing this past 40 weeks unless there is some issue where the dr feels like he''s not quite baked aka lungs or whatever. however, since i am already measuring 1-2 weeks ahead, and again we were both robust healthy babies and that runs in our family, i think he''ll be more than baked at 37-40!
1.gif

anchor31

Ideal_Rock
Thanks everyone for the advice on iron-rich foods and prenatal vitamins. I started taking the vitamins with a piece of fruit before going to bed and the nausea has not returned. Yay!

Mandy - Your boys are sooo beautiful!
30.gif
Congrats again! I''m sorry to hear you had a less that pleasant hospital stay, but I''m glad that they are doing well and nursing well.

Mara - I drop stuff on my belly all the time... I can''t seem to get used to how big I''m getting and I bump into everything too! Very graceful.
20.gif

Amber - Don''t worry, my doc says I measure very average and I get asked if I''m having twins... People are just rude like that.

Re: Registry... I told my mom I was registry stalking for the wedding, so she changed the password for my baby registry!
26.gif
So no registry stalking for me. But I did tell her to specifically tell people to NOT buy baby clothes. I was already given so much it doesn''t even all fit in the dresser, and I really don''t want to have a ton of pyjamas the baby will get to wear for a few weeks at most. There''s so much stuff we really need...

AmberWaves

Ideal_Rock
I''m not sure what we''ll do if she''s measuring pretty large during the u/s, but I know they don''t let you go past 41 weeks.
23.gif
With a GIGANTIC BABY who knows, though. She''s still moving all around and has switched sides from the right to the left, so she''s got enough room in there (who knew??).

When born, I was late and only weighed 5lb4oz, so I was literally half the size of DH when HE was born. It''s actually getting fun for me now, we''re betting on what size she''ll be and how early/late she''ll come. Sad.

I forgot my "Anchor-Style" Sky Five Helicopter shot. I don''t remember the last time I saw my feet.

amberwaveslookingdown.jpg

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results