carat
color
clarity

Calling all the Pregnant PS''ers

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/14/2009 3:54:07 PM
Author: anchor31
steph - I hope everything is okay too... I''m not a worrier, but I agree thaat you''re better safe than sorry. My doctor told me BH contractions aren''t supposed to hurt, more like a tightening of the uterus that lasts for about a minute than releases. I haven''t been having them yet.

Amber - I hope your shower goes well. Family competition is sooo irritating! About sending baby to the nursery or not, I''m still undecided. I think I''ll just play it by ear.

Question: I just had my 29-weeks appointment. The baby''s in top shape and possibly already head down, but my iron levels are a bit low. I''m not anemic, but I do need more. I stopped taking pre-natal vitamins weeks ago because they were making my nausea so much worse... I could try taking them again, but I wanted to know if there are any foods you know about that are iron rich AND easy on the stomach. I''ve been having a hard time eating much meats as well, after a few bites I just can''t seem to get any more in. Apparently, I should stay away from liver because it has a high concentration of vitamin A. TIA!

have you tried taking your prenatals at night? i''ve read that that helps with nausea. i''ve even gone as far as setting an alarm in the middle of the night to take my prenatal hoping my body will be too tired to react.

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
Anchor, here''s some food you should try:

Pumpkin Seeds
Turkey
Beans/Lentils (black, pinto, etc.)
Swiss chard
Spinach
Chickpeas
Tofu
Dried Figs and Apricots
Potato (w/ skin)
Sweet Potato

vizsla

Brilliant_Rock
i concur.. i take all my vitamins at night right before bed w/ a full glass of water.

here is a list of non meat iron rich foods :)

Food / Miligrams of iron per 100 g food
pure tehina/tehini 9.0
sesame halva 6.0
prepared tehini 4.9
oat flakes 4.5
almonds 4.4
dried figs 4.0
cooked spinach 3.5
humous 2.6
cooked garbanzo beans 2.4
cooked dry beans 2.3
cooked lentils 2.2
dried dates 1.7
brown bread 1.7
cooked green peas 1.4
cooked potato 1.4

MonkeyPie

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/14/2009 3:54:07 PM
Author: anchor31
Question: I just had my 29-weeks appointment. The baby''s in top shape and possibly already head down, but my iron levels are a bit low. I''m not anemic, but I do need more. I stopped taking pre-natal vitamins weeks ago because they were making my nausea so much worse... I could try taking them again, but I wanted to know if there are any foods you know about that are iron rich AND easy on the stomach. I''ve been having a hard time eating much meats as well, after a few bites I just can''t seem to get any more in. Apparently, I should stay away from liver because it has a high concentration of vitamin A. TIA!

My nausea was made worse by the pre-natals, too. My midwife told me to eat a lot of leafy greens - spinach is good! - and beans.

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
also, there are lots of different pre-natals. i got at least 10 boxes [different brands] to sample. one of them had a natural from of iron. it''s suppose to be easier on the tummy.

steph72276

Ideal_Rock
Hey, girls...quick update. So I called the nurse at my OB office and told her the symptoms. The cramps seemed to lessen during the day, but she said I should still come in to get checked out just to make sure the cramps didn''t change anything with the cervix. So I went in and the good news is that the cervix is still perfectly closed (yea!) and the bad news is that I have a bladder infection and my bladder was really swollen, so that is what was causing the pain. So thank you to everyone that said I should go in, thankfully I did so the infection didn''t get worse. I would def. advise anyone that just isn''t feeling right to go ahead and get checked out....you guys were right, better safe than sorry
1.gif
. Thanks for the advice!

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Glad you got checked Steph. Sorry about the bladder infection. I hope it goes away soon. Phew..

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
Steph-sorry you have an infection but SO GLAD you got checked! Bladder infections can be serious in pregnant women-so it is so good that they caught it early.

lili

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/14/2009 7:56:51 PM
Author: neatfreak
Steph-sorry you have an infection but SO GLAD you got checked! Bladder infections can be serious in pregnant women-so it is so good that they caught it early.

Ditto.
It's always better to be safe than sorry.
Hope the infection goes clear up soon.
Can't believe you have less than 14wks to go.

steph72276

Ideal_Rock
Thanks for the kind thoughts, everyone. I was really surprised to find out what it was since the only symptom I was having was the cramping, but very grateful that''s all it was. I''m going to get caught up on everyone''s post from today and then heading to bed early. Hope everyone has a great night.

drk

Brilliant_Rock
Whew Steph, glad you caught it early. If it had gone up to a kidney, you could have gotten really sick. And UTIs can trigger preterm labour, so it''s really good that you can clear it up quickly with antibiotics. Do you have to take them for a week?

snlee

Ideal_Rock
Steph, glad you got checked! Sorry to hear about the bladder infection but so glad to hear things are good with your cervix!

phoenixgirl

Ideal_Rock
Steph, although it sounds funny to congratulate you on a bladder infection, I''m glad the cramping wasn''t caused by anything baby related!

So, insomnia here . . . I think I was hungry. But I was also lying awake second guessing my decision to stop working, which I totally shouldn''t, I know. I just worry that I won''t have the baby for two more weeks and then I''ll have spent too much time off without the baby and not had enough time with her after she comes. Plus my sub said he''d be back today, but when I emailed him to see if he could start Monday, he said he wouldn''t be back in the country until Tuesday night. So now there will be this awkward period with some random sub and I have to prepare substitute plans for days when I''m not even working (well, really I don''t, but then somebody else in my department will have to).

DH keeps thinking the baby will come any second. And maybe she will! I have my 39 week appointment this afternoon; I''m interested to see if I''m any more dilated, etc. But I also know it could be two or even three more weeks. Not likely, but possible.

steph72276

Ideal_Rock
PG, hope there is progress today! Take your bags with you in case they send you to the hospital
1.gif

vizsla

Brilliant_Rock
phew steph!!
weird that a bladder infection can trigger cramps! but a good thing for all the other preggos to be mindful of.

nothing much to report. DH gave me a gift certificate for a mani/pedi last night for being a ''trooper'' throughout the last couple of weeks when he knows i''ve been super uncomfortable :) i''m going tomorrow on my day off. hooray! maybe the feet rubbing will start something. although....... and i may be reading into things..... i have had some dull lower back pain today... and my body seems to be ''evacuating''. it''s weird... b/c i feel like i''m getting my period - or what i can remember is how i felt before my period
3.gif
my doc apt isn''t until 5:30 today, so it''s going to be a long day before i find out if anything is happening.....

i never thought to bring my bag to a docs apt... doy! probably a good idea... DH is going to meet me there so i might have to give him the heads up.

later ladies!

steph72276

Ideal_Rock
Yea, Viz...hope you have progress too
1.gif
. Yeah, I wouldn''t have thought about bringing my bag either, but I had a friend who went in for her routine 38 week appt. and they said, you are 3 cm or something like that and sent her to the hospital right away! She had no clue she was even close. So you never know what they will find!

MonkeyPie

Ideal_Rock
steph, I''m so glad it was just a bladder infection and they caught it right away! But ouchie - the thought of a swollen bladder just sounds uncomfortable. I hope you feel better soon!

steph72276

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/15/2009 10:03:53 AM
Author: MonkeyPie
steph, I''m so glad it was just a bladder infection and they caught it right away! But ouchie - the thought of a swollen bladder just sounds uncomfortable. I hope you feel better soon!
Thanks, MP....it actually isn''t that painful, I think they caught it very early before I had any real symptoms besides the crampy feeling. Feel anymore kicks today? It is so much fun to feel them in there....my guy has been really active lately, kicking me all over!

AmberWaves

Ideal_Rock
Steph: I'm super glad it was just an infection. Bladder infections SUUUUCK! I am surprised I haven't had any (knock wood) as pre-DH I had UTI after UTI and I had always heard pregnancy usually brings them back.

PG: Good luck at your appointment! I completely understand your unease regarding taking off work. I plan to work until the day I go into labor just because it's an easy way to make more money and get stuff at work done. I'm really lucky with the environment I have here. AND it's closer to the hospital, too!

Viz: good luck today!! I'm super excited to hear about where you are progression-wise! Fingers crossed for you!

As for me: my 34 week appointment is today. I don't think they do the GBS test until my next appointment. At least I HOPE so. It's so not something I'm looking forward to. I'd prefer to know in advance, too. It's kind of weird that I have this new OB since mine went on maternity leave- and she's going to be swabbing my butt.
1.gif
It's like we're dogs now, why bother shaking hands?

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
pg the only thing about stopping work a bit early is that i tend to think ''what if the baby comes late'' etc. then it''s just extra time i am not working and it eats into my time off after etc. BUT somehow i think you may not have that problem !! hopefully it''s soon.

you too viz! i will send you ''soon'' vibes. we went out last nite for dinner for a work function and one of the gals is 35 or 36 weeks. anyway she had a glass of champagne and i was like good for you, celebrate ! hehee. given that i have indulged in a few oz of wine here and there i thought it was cool she was like screw people who think i shouldn''t be drinking HHA. when i was in s''bucks yesterday i was convinced people were like ''why is the preggo here?''...umm 200mg a day people!

so when we got back from spain i lagged on getting my 2nd trim prenatal bloodwork done for CA and went in a week late and i just got a letter that said they won''t do it since i gave blood after 20 weeks. the only thing that was potentially outstanding there was the neural defects 2nd blood test. my first one came back with low chances and we saw the spine during the amnio ultrasoud but now i am a little paranoid (and yeah thanks for waiting another 3 weeks to tell me via snail mail you won''t do it). i emailed my dr just asking if there is anything else we can do now to check it out...but i don''t know. i tend to feel like everything is fine but i''d like to know more. so we''ll see what she says.

steph...so glad it wasn''t pt labor but boooo on the bladder infection!! i have read preggos are prone to them. like amber i uesd to get them a lot when i was younger so when i read that pregnancy makes you susceptible i was like great. knock on wood, so far ok.

oh yeah and yesterday the nugget was doing something down low that was just making me laugh. does anyone else start laughing when you feel certain movements? it''s like they tickle a funny bone or something. anyway it was hilarious since i was in my cube cracking up.
3.gif

DivaDiamond007

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 10/15/2009 9:55:03 AM
Author: steph72276
Yea, Viz...hope you have progress too
1.gif
. Yeah, I wouldn''t have thought about bringing my bag either, but I had a friend who went in for her routine 38 week appt. and they said, you are 3 cm or something like that and sent her to the hospital right away! She had no clue she was even close. So you never know what they will find!
+1....I went in for my 36 week appointment and the strep test, doc put me in the stirupps and found that I was 4cm! He sent a wheelchair and I was off to L&D immediately. Looking back, there were signs something was up, but I was a first timer and had no clue.

Wishing you all a happy & healthy 9 (10!) months!
35.gif

MonkeyPie

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/15/2009 10:26:20 AM
Author: steph72276
Date: 10/15/2009 10:03:53 AM

Thanks, MP....it actually isn''t that painful, I think they caught it very early before I had any real symptoms besides the crampy feeling. Feel anymore kicks today? It is so much fun to feel them in there....my guy has been really active lately, kicking me all over!

I did last night actually - I was telling my husband that when I lay down I can''t feel any kicks at all, but then I rolled over in bed and she was going NUTS in there! It was so funny, I was cracking up the whole time. I think it must have been the bit of Dr Pepper I had with dinner, lol. A caffeine rush!

Amber, LOL @ being like dogs! Oh the indignities of being pregnant.

meresal

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/15/2009 11:40:07 AM

I did last night actually - I was telling my husband that when I lay down I can't feel any kicks at all, but then I rolled over in bed and she was going NUTS in there! It was so funny, I was cracking up the whole time. I think it must have been the bit of Dr Pepper I had with dinner, lol. A caffeine rush!

MP- Everytime I read your posts, I giggle to myself. I wish I was as sure as you are about the sex! lol!

When is your appointment for confirmation?

Steph- I'm late to the crowd, but I'm so glad to hear it is not a mystery anymore! It's good for me to hear that the stomach cramp are not always going to mean "stretching". I'll be sure to be very attentive from now on!

Burk

Ideal_Rock
Steph~So glad it was just a bladder infection. You probably don''t remember but that''s exactly what they thought my cramping was when I went in at 16 weeks. Way better news than pre term labor and good they caught it early!
21.gif

MonkeyPie

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/15/2009 12:06:01 PM
Author: meresal
Date: 10/15/2009 11:40:07 AM

I did last night actually - I was telling my husband that when I lay down I can''t feel any kicks at all, but then I rolled over in bed and she was going NUTS in there! It was so funny, I was cracking up the whole time. I think it must have been the bit of Dr Pepper I had with dinner, lol. A caffeine rush!

MP- Everytime I read your posts, I giggle to myself. I wish I was as sure as you are about the sex! lol!

When is your appointment for confirmation?

Hehe! I am really hoping all my girl vibes work out, she will be spoiled ROTTEN in two families full of boys!

I will be 16 weeks tomorrow, so in 4 weeks we learn the gender unless they spring a random sonogram on me when I go in at 18 weeks. I rather hope not - I want a clear view and my husband to be there! I''m hoping she doesn''t curl up on us either. After waiting two extra weeks to hear the heartbeat something tells me she''s stubborn lol.

Burk

Ideal_Rock
Sorry for the random posts to certain topics...I''ve been busy but trying to read and when I actually remember despite my preggo brain, I have to post!
2.gif
9.gif

Re: sending baby to nursery. I didn''t the first night because I just couldn''t imagine being away from her, but I did the second night because everyone had told me to. I''m SOOOOO glad I did. I got some actual uninterrupted sleep and the nurse brought her in to feed when she needed to feed. The first few weeks are brutal with the lack of sleep and adjusting to how loud she slept was hard for me so the first night I kept her with me I don''t think I slept at all.

vizsla

Brilliant_Rock
for the strep B test.. i did mine myself... i hope it's the same for all you ladies :) lol... amber... dogs.... tee hee.

i just emailed my mom and told her not to come this weekend. if this *is* our last weekend just the two of us, i want to enjoy it and just hang out with DH.

and, who knows, she might be down here anyway
2.gif
0 but she seemed totally hurt and said how she feels so out of the loop. mind you, it's only been in the last 3 weeks when she's mentioned visiting me - and i've been preggo for, oh 10 months now ;-) and i'm soooo not a person who talks to their mom everyday... once a week, maybe. and when we do talk she usually is complaining about work or whatever the 'complaint de jour' is, so i tend not to say much. and *now* all of a sudden it's a big deal because she doesn't know what's going on... geeze. can't win.... keeps on saying how "i'm her baby" etc. well, then she shouldn't have raised such an independent girl.... i like doing things on my own - i like figuring things out for myself - this is one giant puzzle i'm still figuring out.

p.s. does anyone else watch glee? i heart that show.. big giant puffy heart it. i love the subtle one-liners mixed with the show tune cheesiness. loves it!

meresal

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/15/2009 12:30:36 PM
Author: vizsla
for the strep B test.. i did mine myself... i hope it''s the same for all you ladies :) lol... amber... dogs.... tee hee.

i just emailed my mom and told her not to come this weekend. if this *is* our last weekend just the two of us, i want to enjoy it and just hang out with DH.

and, who knows, she might be down here anyway
2.gif
0 but she seemed totally hurt and said how she feels so out of the loop. mind you, it''s only been in the last 3 weeks when she''s mentioned visiting me - and i''ve been preggo for, oh 10 months now ;-) and i''m soooo not a person who talks to their mom everyday... once a week, maybe. and when we do talk she usually is complaining about work or whatever the ''complaint de jour'' is, so i tend not to say much. and *now* all of a sudden it''s a big deal because she doesn''t know what''s going on... geeze. can''t win.... keeps on saying how ''i''m her baby'' etc. well, then she shouldn''t have raised such an independent girl.... i like doing things on my own - i like figuring things out for myself - this is one giant puzzle i''m still figuring out.

p.s. does anyone else watch glee? i heart that show.. big giant puffy heart it. i love the subtle one-liners mixed with the show tune cheesiness. loves it!
Yes... did you hear that they might be going on tour next spring???
36.gif

I think your DH might be right, sounds like she wants to see the baby no later than the in-laws do. Hopefully this weekend will be nice and relaxing for you and your DH!

qtiekiki

Ideal_Rock
Steph
Glad the cramps were not due to preterm labor, but sorry about the bladder infection. I had an asymptomatic UTI before I got pregnant with M, and I was worried that I would get an infection without knowing it during pregnancy.

I am 25 weeks today, and I am feeling a lot of pressure in my crotch area. I remember that toward the end of my last pregnancy but not this early on. Though I have to say I feel more achy and am more whiny about it this pregnancy. My feet also feel really tired faster when I stand. I guess I am feeling the weight gain.

My coworker said to me that he thinks I am having another girl b/c I am still pretty small and glowing. He said his wife gained 70lbs and looked more manly than him when she was pregnant with their son. I didn''t know what to say, so I said "no way". Then he told me to ask her for pictures. It''s kind of funny what people will say to or tell you when you are pregnant.

MonkeyPie

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/15/2009 1:13:17 PM
Author: qtiekiki
Steph

My coworker said to me that he thinks I am having another girl b/c I am still pretty small and glowing. He said his wife gained 70lbs and looked more manly than him when she was pregnant with their son. I didn''t know what to say, so I said ''no way''. Then he told me to ask her for pictures. It''s kind of funny what people will say to or tell you when you are pregnant.

MANLY? Omg, his poor wife!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results