Calling all the Pregnant PS''ers

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/15/2009 1:20:49 PM
Author: MonkeyPie

Date: 10/15/2009 1:13:17 PM
Author: qtiekiki
Steph

My coworker said to me that he thinks I am having another girl b/c I am still pretty small and glowing. He said his wife gained 70lbs and looked more manly than him when she was pregnant with their son. I didn''t know what to say, so I said ''no way''. Then he told me to ask her for pictures. It''s kind of funny what people will say to or tell you when you are pregnant.

MANLY? Omg, his poor wife!
Wow....

lili

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/15/2009 1:13:17 PM
Author: qtiekiki
Steph

Glad the cramps were not due to preterm labor, but sorry about the bladder infection. I had an asymptomatic UTI before I got pregnant with M, and I was worried that I would get an infection without knowing it during pregnancy.

I am 25 weeks today, and I am feeling a lot of pressure in my crotch area. I remember that toward the end of my last pregnancy but not this early on. Though I have to say I feel more achy and am more whiny about it this pregnancy. My feet also feel really tired faster when I stand. I guess I am feeling the weight gain.

My coworker said to me that he thinks I am having another girl b/c I am still pretty small and glowing. He said his wife gained 70lbs and looked more manly than him when she was pregnant with their son. I didn''t know what to say, so I said ''no way''. Then he told me to ask her for pictures. It''s kind of funny what people will say to or tell you when you are pregnant.

Oh, his poor wife!
Not that I believe in those old wives tales, but I thought it is the other way around.
If you carry small and high, it''s boy.
And low and wide, it''s girl.
I did see this difference in one of my friend''s pregnancies -- she was carrying low and wide for her first baby girl and high and low w/ her son.
But you were small and high when you had M :D just like you are now.

lili

Ideal_Rock
PG--
Hope you made progress today.

Viz--
Lower back pain and feeling of "evacuting" are good indicators of labor.
One of my friend went in for your 37 wk checkup and the dr admitted her right there and then because she was 4 cm dilated and 75% effaced.
She noticed some lower back pain but just didn''t think that she was laboring.
So you might be having your little boy very soon :)

taovandel

Brilliant_Rock
Sorta off topic but still kinda on topic comment about Glee: I love the show--but I HATE how dumb they are about babies! Both couples that are "pregnant" on the show found out the sex of the baby at like 10 weeks from an U/S. It annoys me and makes me actually angry when they mention it on the show! I know it''s just a tv show but still...the audience isn''t that stupid.

Anyways....
9.gif

We started a baby pool at work today for predicting when Evan is arriving and how much he will weigh. My co-worker thinks I''m going to go early (I''m thinking the same thing actually). She says I''m already dropping.

I''m 36 weeks today!!!

Amber: My doctor said the GBS test is only good for 5 weeks so they wouldn''t even do the test on me when I was 34 weeks 6 days. And they mentioned it at my prior appointment to give me a heads up. I would assume/hope they would follow that same protocal for you.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
MANLY?? jeez nice way to describe your wife to someone else!!

i also heard the same thing re: the other way around. if you are mostly belly and not really bloated and carry out then it's a boy, if you are carrying a girl she 'steals your looks' and you get really bloated and wide. personally i feel bloated and wide anyway so it must be an old wives tale.
9.gif

what is the GBS test?

tao... my girlfriend had an 'early sex' thing done at her ultrasound at 12 weeks and it was a girl... i didn't realize you could tell so early but she said her dr said you could. random.

oh and ummm for you girls who are waiting for the blessed event. if you want to 'hurry it along' i just had a coworker with 2 kids tell me that it's scientifically shown that semen breaks down the amniotic sac and helps speed things along. interesting...but figure i'll do the PSA for anyone interested.

Burk

Ideal_Rock
Seriously, the things people feel they need to say to a pregnant lady never cease to amaze me! I also heard it's the other way around...someone told me I must be having a boy based on how I'm carrying this one "small." Well, I am, but I carried my daughter the exact same
21.gif

MonkeyPie

Ideal_Rock
My mom carried me high and small and my brother low and wide, and my best friend did the same with her boy and girl. I think it really depends on the person...but I have no idea how I am carrying yet lol.

Burk

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/15/2009 1:43:22 PM
Author: Mara

It''s true. My OB told is to DTD when I went in for my 38 week appt. to help move things along!!

fieryred33143

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/15/2009 1:43:22 PM
Author: Mara
MANLY?? jeez nice way to describe your wife to someone else!!

i also heard the same thing re: the other way around. if you are mostly belly and not really bloated and carry out then it''s a boy, if you are carrying a girl she ''steals your looks'' and you get really bloated and wide. personally i feel bloated and wide anyway so it must be an old wives tale.
9.gif

what is the GBS test?

tao... my girlfriend had an ''early sex'' thing done at her ultrasound at 12 weeks and it was a girl... i didn''t realize you could tell so early but she said her dr said you could. random.

oh and ummm for you girls who are waiting for the blessed event. if you want to ''hurry it along'' i just had a coworker with 2 kids tell me that it''s scientifically shown that semen breaks down the amniotic sac and helps speed things along. interesting...but figure i''ll do the PSA for anyone interested.
GBS stands for Group B Streptococcus. It''s an infection in either the vagina or rear. You can pass it along to your baby during delivery if you test positive so I believe they give you antibiotics before delivering (through an IV but I may be wrong).

vizsla

Brilliant_Rock
re: glee.. tee hee.. i got so mad last night at the PG part too.. tee hee.. but the show makes me laugh so much that i overlooked it ;-)

today is DH's bday... and i already know what present he's getting......
2.gif
2.gif
2.gif
2.gif

a timbuk2 and some new vans of course... get your minds out of the gutter....

oh... and sexy times
3.gif
but that's more of a gift for me
37.gif
3.gif

u ladies are funny!

ETA: what fiery said was right, except it's not an infection.. you either have the bacteria or you don't... and it's not an STD... you do have to be put on antibiotics for at least 4 hours before you deliver if you are +. it's 50/50 you'll test + or -.

anchor31

Ideal_Rock
Re: what people will tell you... I think it''s pretty hilarious, because random people keep telling me opposite stuff, but there all absolutely convinced they''re right. Thing is, my baby can either be a boy or a girl, so some of them have to be wrong! I''ve been told it''s a girl because I carry high, it''s a boy because I carry high, it''s a girl because I had m/s for a long time, it''s a boy because I have fries cravings, it''s a girl because I don''t have mood swings, etc.
26.gif
I guess we''ll see once I''ve pushed it out!

Mara - No funny bone for me! I''d never heard of that before.

qtiekiki - I started feeling this pressure in the crotch area a couple of days ago... I''m 29 weeks. This morning it was so bad I could barely stand. I''m sorry you''re feeling so achy!

steph - The bladder infection sucks, but I''m glad it''s not preterm labour!

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock

oh thanks fiery, i have heard of strep b test but i didnt know it was GBS

re: pressure in the cervix area, i mentioned that to my dr as well and she said he was head down when she felt the cervix. which makes sense because sometimes i have ridiculously heavy pressure on my cervix for like 30-45 seconds that is almost painful, and i feel like he is bearing down or something and the HEAD right on top of the cervix area does make sense for that kind of pressure. i was like seriously is a foot causing that??? but nope it''s the head. thank goodness it only happens like once a day and does not repeat BUT i know as he gets bigger it will just feel worse!

meresal

Ideal_Rock
style="WIDTH: 97.82%; HEIGHT: 104px">Date: 10/15/2009 1:42:36 PM
Author: taovandel
Sorta off topic but still kinda on topic comment about Glee: I love the show--but I HATE how dumb they are about babies! Both couples that are ''pregnant'' on the show found out the sex of the baby at like 10 weeks from an U/S. It annoys me and makes me actually angry when they mention it on the show! I know it''s just a tv show but still...the audience isn''t that stupid.
DH had watched about 10 minutes last night, without me, but was sure to inform me about this and point out how inaccurate the writers are! LOL!

AmberWaves

Ideal_Rock
So Piper''s head is totally on my cervix. Sometimes she moves around and presses down on my bowels?? The pressure there is impossible. Just major pain. Does anyone else who is semi-far along need to lift up their belly and lean forward to pee? I swear, if I don''t I get nothing but a trickle. It is NOT fun.

meresal

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/15/2009 4:12:42 PM
Author: AmberWaves
So Piper''s head is totally on my cervix. Sometimes she moves around and presses down on my bowels?? The pressure there is impossible. Just major pain. Does anyone else who is semi-far along need to lift up their belly and lean forward to pee? I swear, if I don''t I get nothing but a trickle. It is NOT fun.
I''m 12 weeks... do I still hold the option to use a surrogate?
40.gif

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
lol amber, i am not there yet but give me time.

i just have to say it''s one of the joys of pregnancy that you seem to drop EVERYTHING on your belly. or everything that shoots out lands on your belly. i apparently got some soap from the bathroom on my dress right on the belly but of course i cant SEE IT becuase it''s under my curve but everyone else can see these lovely spots from dried soap on the dress (it''s like a jersey). SO i try to clean it with water, BIG MISTAKE. now i have big dried looking wettish spots that are lighter, with still soap stains. it''s great. i DID look fairly cute today. rats.

MonkeyPie

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/15/2009 4:23:51 PM
Author: meresal
Date: 10/15/2009 4:12:42 PM

Author: AmberWaves

I''m 12 weeks... do I still hold the option to use a surrogate?
40.gif

LOL!
I don''t have to do this, but I have noticed that sometimes it takes a looooong time to pee.

phoenixgirl

Ideal_Rock
Yeah, ever since Monday the baby has been putting pressure on my bowels sometimes and my bladder even more. It''s just like a sharp uncomfortable pain that passes when she moves another way. It''s so weird how you can totally identify what these organs are when they get pressed. It''s not like I could have told you how to feel your colon or your bladder before I had a baby pressing on them.

Today I had my 39 week appointment. Peeing in the cup is getting harder and harder! Today I was sort of anxious to pee and wasn''t as careful as I usually am. It''s a good thing I had to go a lot because I missed the cup more than I hit it.

So, no progress. Still -1 station (despite all the obvious signs that she has dropped, and some teacher I don''t even know announcing, "Wow! Your baby dropped!" as I walked down the hall today), 2 cm., 90% effaced. Tomorrow is my last day of work. I really hope I am not taking off too early, but I don''t think I''ll regret a little vacation before she''s born. The doctor offered to strip my membranes today, but I just want a few days to relax. My next appointment is 40 weeks; we can talk moving things along then if I''ve been enjoying a leisurely week off from work with no sign of baby at that point.
1.gif
And DH had better be there with me if I get my membranes stripped because it doesn''t sound like fun, especially considering how I think I am more tense during those exams than most women.

fieryred33143

Ideal_Rock
Aww phoenix you are so close! I''m very excited for you (and all the ladies here too). It''s such a glorious day meeting your baby for the first time
16.gif

Pandora II

Ideal_Rock
Amber, we don''t have nurseries in the UK, so I didn''t have that option - even when I was in ICU I had the baby with me... it was interesting trying to breastfeed with all the drips and tubes and electrodes all over me. The midwives and OB''s did used to take her off for a cuddle every now and then. Mainly I think because my bed was opposite where the OBs had their coffee and they never really get to see the babies - they deliver them and then they are whisked off - so they were thrilled to have one to play with.

Honestly I would have been wise to have sent her to a nursery IF we had them, but I''m not sure I would have been able to. By the time I got to hold her I was no way having her out of my sight. But by the Tuesday I hadn''t slept since the previous Thursday (waters broke and labour started on Friday lunchtime and she was born on Sunday afternoon) and was completely losing it to the extent that the hospital were worried enough to move DH in for the rest of the week so that he could take her at night and give me a break.

So, if you are able to, and it''s hard to not want to hold that little bundle 24/7, I would take the opportunity for some decent rest - but lay down the law about formula if you want to breast-feed.

steph72276

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/14/2009 9:09:50 PM
Author: drk
Whew Steph, glad you caught it early. If it had gone up to a kidney, you could have gotten really sick. And UTIs can trigger preterm labour, so it''s really good that you can clear it up quickly with antibiotics. Do you have to take them for a week?
Drk, just saw this...yes, I have to take it for a week and then get checked to make sure it is gone. I feel like they caught it really early since I didn''t have any symptoms other than cramping and slight backache. How are you feeling?

steph72276

Ideal_Rock
Amber, yes you should take advantage of the nursery at night and to take naps if they offer it. The hospital I delivered my son at did not take them at night. It was rough...I had a c-section and he cried all night (had really bad acid reflux), so I essentially got NO sleep for 4 days. And then when we got home, no sleep unless my hubby was watching him. I REALLY hope this hospital I am delivering at takes them during the night this time
1.gif

Mandarine

Ideal_Rock
super quick drive by while Alex nurses!!

thank you all for the good wishes!!!!

we''re doing so well...the boys are amazing and just precious!!!!. We had some issues with breast feeding but now they''re latching on good with nipple shields. Since they are so little, they needed some help :)

You guys are in for the best feeling ever...I am so in love with these guys and so is my husband!

Here is a picture for you guys...will post more when I have a a chance! (Lucas on the left and Alexander on the right!)

xoxo

oh, and regarding sending the babies to the nursery while in the hospital.....I WISH they would have offered...our hospital stay was terrible!....the nurses sucked, we were left with the boys to fend for ourselves...and that''s not so easy when they refsed to nurse and you''re in pain from the c-section!....I am so glad to be home!!!

7428_175348120968_622535968_3373468_3492369_n.jpg

lili

Ideal_Rock
Mandy
Oh wow, Lucas and Alexander are darling!
They look so much alike (at least in that picture).
And I have to say that you''ve baked them really well ^.^
Glad to hear that you and bebes are doing well and at home.
Can''t wait to see more pictures.

Sha

Ideal_Rock
Awwww....how sweet, Mandarine!
30.gif
Thanks for sharing. So glad that you and the family are doing well!

I agree that you baked them really well! They look really big and healthy for twins. I''m accustomed to seeing them so much smaller! They''re so cute...and yes, they look very much alike!

gailrmv

Ideal_Rock
Mandarine They are SOOOOOOOOOOOO CUTE!!!!!!!!! Congratulations!!!!!!!

They look so much alike in the photo! (Is it hard to tell them apart?)

Sorry to hear about your hospital stay. I''m hoping these next few weeks go great for you! For me, the first few weeks were wonderful but hard. Things started getting MUCH easier around 6 weeks.

Congrats again!

janinegirly

Ideal_Rock
aww mandarine, that is such a darling picture. Cute blankies and already buddies. Can't wait to hear the whole story. Sorry about the hospital stay, but the fact that you got them latched without much help from them says ALOT!

so excited for you and your hubby, congrats :).

steph72276

Ideal_Rock
Awww, Mandy....they are precious!!! So sweet
1.gif

snlee

Ideal_Rock
mandarine, they are so adorable! Glad to hear you and babies are doing well at home.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results