shape
carat
color
clarity

Calling all the Pregnant PS''ers

Mandarine

Ideal_Rock
ughh...had a terrible night!.

Is it possible that Baby A turned this late in the game?. At 32 weeks they told me if he had not turned he really had VERY little chances of turning at that point...but I swear he was eitehr trying to or actually did turn last night!.

My entire left side (Baby A's residence
9.gif
) was up in a ball last night, like his butt was sticking way out (when this whole time it's been down by my cervix). My belly hurt when I laid on my left side quite a bit, so it made for a tough night.

We don't have another u/s until week 37 (if we make it, fingers crossed!) unless they fail one of their NSTs. I know I'm sending mixed messages to the boys, but now I'm sort of hoping that one of them fails on Thursday so I can see if Baby A is still breech or if he turned. If he turned then I will be faced with a decision...do I try to go vaginally?. My first instinct is of course! But I'm also so afraid of the double whammy!!...specially since it looks like the boys are getting big and could very well be over 6lbs each if we make it to week 38. I guess it's a mute point until we know if he did turn or not..

janinegirly

Ideal_Rock
sorry for the rough night Manderine. My LO was in that position most of the last trimester, up in a ball on the left side--as if the bum was in the air. No idea what that meant or if it was her bum, but it looked so weird and was not comfortable! She was head down the whole time, but still sleeps like that now (on tummy with bum in air). I only had the 20wk ultrasound so never got to see exactly how she was situated.

Hang in there...can't wait to thear about the next u/s!

steph72276

Ideal_Rock
Hey, girls. Just got back from my monthly OB appointment and all went pretty well, but he said when they did my ultrasound, they found my cervix to be abnormally short....so I''m sort of on a modified rest type thing...no lifting anything, no sexy time, etc. and he said just try not to do anything that might bring on early contractions. So I am kind of bummed b/c I was on bedrest for the last 3 months of my pregnancy with Andrew and felt things were going so much better this time around. I am just going to keep taking it pretty easy.

I also have a friend that is a few weeks behind me that had her OB appointment today as well. She says her OB is very conservative and told her not to get the swine flu shot a few months ago b/c it was too new. Well, today he said he has changed his mind considering that there are 10 women in our local hospital in the ICU hooked to tubes with swine flu. And one has already died
8.gif
. So I am reconsidering getting the shot when it comes out next month. I just hope that I am making the right decision and it will be okay for the baby. Scary stuff!

Mandarine

Ideal_Rock
Thanks Janine! Bbay B has been in the butt in the air position for the last couple of months...Baby A hasn''t though and now I;m wondering what the LO is up to!!
1.gif

Steph, I''m sorry to hear those news!!!! I hope you don''t have to go on strict bedrest
8.gif

AmberWaves

Ideal_Rock
Mandarine, so sorry about the awful night! I feel (in a MUCH smaller way, of course) that same thing at night. Piper has been going back and forth between the area right behind my belly button and the area right next to it, doing the swan dive with her butt sticking out. It is SO uncomfortable. She''s alternating between kicking me in the bladder in quick succession and scraping along my cervix/uterus. When she does that it feels like I''m getting a pap smear but with a really big speculum. Ugh, it''s horrible. I feel bad because I try to move her a bit because it hurts so bad, but apparently it''s comfortable for her there? I dunno. Do you think your doc could feel the babies to see what they think of the positioning? I know we heard the heartbeat super low and the OB said that it was because she was head down, but with two babies I''m sure that''s not easy.

Steph: Oh, I''m sorry you need to take it easy! Everything in pregnancy is a surprise, it seems. I keep waffling back and forth about the H1N1 vaccine, too. I think when the first set comes out, it''s going to be a nasal spray, right? I think that''s the live bacteria we''re not supposed to take, though, isn''t it? I am so torn. On one hand, I have extremely bad asthma, and almost died from the flu when I wasn''t pregnant. On the other, it should be coming out when I have 4 weeks left in my pregnancy (give or take a week or so), so is it worth it? I don''t know. I didn''t know the outbreak was so bad where you are! I''d be terrified, too.

phoenixgirl

Ideal_Rock
Steph,

I am definitely planning to get the swine flu shot as soon as I can. I''m not sure if that will be before or after her birth! But I''m taking Tamiflu right now as a precaution. Kids are dropping at school left and right. Yesterday when I was walking to make copies I passed a line of kids in the hall having their temperatures taken right there outside of the clinic. Great sign! And I found out that, yes, "ILI" does mean flu like symptoms, although all but one of the kids in my class have returned and said it wasn''t swine flu, and the last girl''s dad said it was tonsilitis. So I''m hopeful it hasn''t been in my classroom but I''m still taking the Tamiflu, which reduces your chances of the worst case scenario.

taovandel

Brilliant_Rock
I''m set to get the regular flu shot on Thursday. By the time the swine flu shot becomes available I''ll have about 2-3 weeks left of being pregnant (Depending on when my office gets their supply). We don''t have a large outbreak in our area--so I''m still up in the air on whether I want it or not. I might just wait to get it until after Evan is born.

I''ve been getting some slight cramping/pain on the bottom left hand side of my belly. I''m assuming it''s just bh or ligament pain--husband gets freaked out if I even mention it! It''s nothing huge though--and normally goes away after a bit (Walking or drinking helps).

Can''t believe I''ll only have 50 days left of this pregnancy tomorrow! Craziness how quickly it''s gone and yet it feels so long also.

sunkist

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/22/2009 6:37:04 AM
Author: fisherofmengirly
Sunkist, your post about the sellers being excited to sell to a family rather than an investor made me cry. How precious! In that, you''ll also know that the previous owners loved their home and took care of it, and that''s a *very* good feeling, and it brings comfort. At least it did for us. Ours was a foreclosure, but you could tell the family before us LOVED their house and took good care of it, left it clean and didn''t take fixtures, knock holes in the wall, etc. It made me feel much better about this being *our* house. Congratulations, lady! Have you already chosen the area your baby will grow up in?
9.gif

Fisher, thanks! Yes, I picked the room for the nursery. And the night after we first saw the house I actually started REALLY planning the nursery. This whole pregnancy I''ve been thinking/agonizing about it and I didn''t know what kind of crib or if I should get a bassinet or just a pack n play, I didn''t know where my nursery was going to be!, but after we saw it I just new it was it and my nesting instinct had free reign to plan! It was awesome :) And the fact that they chose us actually made me cry too
3.gif
Thanks!

phoenixgirl

Ideal_Rock
My sister says my description of my uterus cramps sounds like BH. Who knew?!?! I assumed "contractions" meant I would feel something actually clenching and releasing.

Is anyone else trying/considering perineal massage? We''ve done it the last two nights. The first night it really hurt, but DH said he was hardly applying any pressure. Last night was much better, so I guess it must be doing something. The funny thing is that both times, the baby has been bopping wildly all around as if she knows her parents are doing something a bit strange!

I''m realizing that I feel like my DH is away from home too much. Friday we were supposed to go over some neighbors'' after dinner (which he didn''t really ask me about until he''d already agreed), but then we thought I might have the swine flu. He still hemmed and hawed about whether he should stay home with me, and I was like, um, taking care of me aside, isn''t it irresponsible to show up at people''s houses if your spouse might have the flu? It was actually the neighbor, who is a nurse, who convinced him to stay home and call my doctor. Then Saturday he said he was just going to visit the beer festival down the street to "check it out," and it turned into this big group going and him staying out all night. Sunday we stayed home, but he said he really wanted to be social (can you tell my DH is an extravert?) so could we sit on the porch after dinner? So we socialized with neighbors for a few hours, which I found tiring/not too comfortable but did because he wanted me to. Last night I had parents'' night at work, and he did errands that were really social calls while I was gone. Then today he had a happy hour after work and now he''s at cycling practice. I''m not crazy . . . that is a lot, right?

I guess the thing is that normally this would suit me. I''d be exercising daily and fitting in time with friends too, plus cooking dinner and grading and lesson planning, and I''d enjoy an hour to myself here and there. I just don''t feel like doing much now, so I want to rest on the couch, and I want his company more than I''m getting it. It makes sense to me that we''re both going through this pregnancy, and if I need more rest, he should be with me at least some of the time. But of course, I realize that when the baby comes he''ll really have to turn down things that he currently does on a lark, so I want to cut him some slack on the stuff he wants to do now. Tomorrow he''s supposed to cook dinner, and my plan is that if he says he wants to go out to do x, y, z, I''ll say, hey, it''s been too many nights in a row! I''m glad I didn''t marry a lazy bum, but sometimes I want him next to me, not running out to Lowe''s to do another project the second he gets free time. Sigh . . .

fisherofmengirly

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/22/2009 4:38:34 PM
Author: sunkist

Date: 9/22/2009 6:37:04 AM
Author: fisherofmengirly
Sunkist, your post about the sellers being excited to sell to a family rather than an investor made me cry. How precious! In that, you''ll also know that the previous owners loved their home and took care of it, and that''s a *very* good feeling, and it brings comfort. At least it did for us. Ours was a foreclosure, but you could tell the family before us LOVED their house and took good care of it, left it clean and didn''t take fixtures, knock holes in the wall, etc. It made me feel much better about this being *our* house. Congratulations, lady! Have you already chosen the area your baby will grow up in?
9.gif

Fisher, thanks! Yes, I picked the room for the nursery. And the night after we first saw the house I actually started REALLY planning the nursery. This whole pregnancy I''ve been thinking/agonizing about it and I didn''t know what kind of crib or if I should get a bassinet or just a pack n play, I didn''t know where my nursery was going to be!, but after we saw it I just new it was it and my nesting instinct had free reign to plan! It was awesome :) And the fact that they chose us actually made me cry too
3.gif
Thanks!
Awesome! Now, when do you close? And how soon can we expect to see the nursery pics?
9.gif

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
A post was eaten yesterday, strange. Let me see if I can reconstruct:

Mara, I knew you''d be on top of measurements and such, there was no need for me to say a thing.

Sunkist, congrats on the home! How exciting for you.

Mandarine, hooray for both boys passing.

Peony, your boys are darling.

Burk, I''ll work on getting brave and posting a picture. The tight clothes (yoga pants/exercise tank) seem so revealing. I wouldn''t go out of the house in them so posting pics in them feels awkward. Perhaps I could wear something different and take a pic to post here. I still look like I''ve gained wait in my stomach as opposed to pregnant. You look fabulous!

A friend of my husband (who was his mom''s best friend when she was alive) has purchased 4 maternity shirts for me. Another one was waiting for me when I came home today. So sweet of her.

The new car is tons of fun.

I''m feeling much more like myself now. Not retching as much, more energy. I surrived my long day w/o wanting to come home and pass out. My hunger is also increasing, although I can only eat so much before I''m full again.

Blenheim

Ideal_Rock
Peony, Elliot and Asher are adorable! I love their names, too. It has to be scary to have them born that early, but you really did nothing wrong. I''m really glad to hear that they''re doing well, considering their gestational age. I hope that they continue getting better and better!

sunkist

Ideal_Rock
Tao I know! The count down is getting crazy
6.gif

Kimberly yay for gifts of maternity clothes!
36.gif
How sweet of her.

Pheonix I get a lot of BH contractions too. I need to talk to my doc at the appt tomorrow cause I notice I get them all the time during my workout. I get them sitting at my desk at work too, but when I get them while I''m exercising, I hope that''s ok. Have you asked your hubby to have a stay at home date with you? Rent a movie or play a game or rub eachother''s backs? It sounds like he doesn''t want to just sit around, so if you give you ideas of relaxing things at home and ask him to do them with you, hopefully that would give you guys time together.

Fisher, hopefully escrow will close in 30 days and then I''ll be a mad woman getting everything set up. Do you guys think I should order the crib to come to our appt and just not assemble it until we move??

I''d like to get a chair for nursing in the nursery, what do you think about IKEA chairs?? I was looking at this one http://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/S89830491 but I don''t know if it''s more worth my money to spend a little more and get a nicer chair somewhere else. What do you think?

fieryred33143

Ideal_Rock
Peony-congrats again!

Socal-sorry about things being so rough. Hopefully it won''t be much longer.

Phoenix-my only word of caution when doing the peri massage is that you can accidentally cause a small tear yourself that can become a bigger tear when pushing. OBs and nurses will generally massage the area while you are pushing to help with tears too.

Hope all the mommies to be are doing well!

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
Sunkist, it''s super sweet of her. I think she feels like she''s doing what my MIL would have if she were still alive (although she probably would have taken me shopping with her, but our friend knows I wouldn''t be comfortable with that because her paying for my clothes would be awkward).

I think I''d buy the crib and have it delivered to the apt. Just in case.

gingerB

Shiny_Rock
Just FYI
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

CDC recommends early flu treatment in pregnant women
September 21, 2009

By Mitchel L. Zoler
Pregnant women with suspected or confirmed influenza should get early treatment with either oseltamivir or zanamivir, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention said in updated recommendations posted on the agency’s H1N1 flu website on the afternoon of September 17.

Treatment should start “as early as possible,” and "should not wait for laboratory confirmation of influenza,” said the detailed recommendations. The e-document also cited oseltamivir as the “preferred” agent because of its systemic absorption. The recommended dosage for treating infection was the standard amount of 75 mg b.i.d., taken for 5 days.

The CDC recommendations explained that pregnant women are at higher risk for severe complications and death from influenza, including both pandemic influenza A(H1N1) and seasonal flu. “The available risk-benefit data indicate pregnant women with suspected or confirmed influenza should receive prompt antiviral therapy. Pregnancy should not be considered a contraindication to oseltamivir or zanamivir use.” The agency said treatment should start within 48 hours of illness onset, and that laboratory confirmation isn’t needed because a negative result from a rapid test doesn’t rule out influenza.

"Since rapid access to antiviral medications is essential, health care providers who care for pregnant women should develop methods to ensure that treatment can be started quickly after symptom onset,” the recommendations said. This means telling pregnant women about the signs and symptoms of flu and alerting them to the need for early treatment. It also requires physicians to ensure that their pregnant patients have rapid access to telephone consultation and clinical evaluation. The CDC advised physicians to “consider empiric treatment of pregnant women based on telephone contact” when hospitalization isn’t needed to cut delays before starting treatment.

The recommendations also called for considering an antiviral regimen for post-exposure prophylaxis in pregnant women following contact with someone likely infectious with influenza. The drug of choice for prophylaxis may be zanamivir because of its limited systemic absorption. The suggested regimen was two 5 mg inhalations (10 mg total) once daily for 10 days. But zanamivir can produce respiratory complications. For women at risk for respiratory problems oseltamivir is a reasonable alternative, given as 75 mg once daily for 10 days. As of mid-September, most 2009 H1N1 influenza viruses are susceptible to both drugs, the CDC said. Early treatment after signs and symptoms of influenza appear was recommended as an alternative to chemoprophylaxis.

Although people infected with influenza do not always have fever, a recent series of pregnant women infected by 2009 H1N1 influenza showed fever in 97% (the next most common symptoms were cough, in 94%, and rhinorrhea, in 59%). Fever in pregnant women needs treatment because it appears to pose a risk to the fetus. “Acetaminophen appears to be the best option for treatment of fever during pregnancy,” the recommendations said.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I''m def getting the regular flu shot, and the H1N1 as soon as it is available. It seems too scary not to at this point!

gingerB

Shiny_Rock
And in other news...my old nacy and gap stuff came in. Pretty disappointing. It wasn''t just that S was too big right now, it''s that the clothes aren''t cut for my frame. I''m not as naturally curvy (AKA flat asian a$$ with stick legs) and old navy/ gap seldom fits well period. i was hoping against hope it''d be different with being preggers, but so far not
40.gif
It''s all going back except the waffle knit hoodie that turned out pretty cute, doesn''t look like a tent but still has room to grow. My mom, who''s pretty handy with a sewing machine, offered to alter the clothes for me if I wanted, but honestly based on the parts not fitting, that''s not even an option yet.

Motherhood and pea in the pod were a bust so far too. The selection just was not great right now. It''s soooo frustrating! DH was a total sweetie and woke me up sunday to tell me he was taking my shopping because he knows how uncomfortable I am. He was as bummed as I was when we couldn''t find anything decent.

So now I''m crossing my fingers that the only Baby Gap near me with GapMaternity has something that fits and/or Target brings in some new inventory soon!

Peony -- your boys are beautiful! Love your name choices.

Sunkist - Congrats!!!

DrK - hope the cramping gets better soon! glad to hear your LO is doing ok so far.

Mandarine - yay for a double pass!!

sparkly - welcome and congrats!

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
mandarine, sorry about the crappy night, hope last nite was better. i am not looking fwd to the nights when i can''t sleep well. so far i have been sleeping like the dead every night for 9 hours or so. but one of my friends who has the same due date as me (i know so funny, i know like 3 women with the same date!) says she cannot sleep for the life of her and is miserable. poor thing. i know at some point that will be me. and i wouldn''t worry too much about the scorpios, they are boys after all. they will be extremely loyal to mommy. hehe. i am working on my idea board but i am stumped right now, haha. i need to add more green in.

steph, random Q but how did the doctors just now find out your cervix is short? you have another child...no one noticed then? i swear sometimes i shake my head at ''modern medicine''. i wouldn''t worry about it too much, if you have been feeling positive about the pregnancy, then this should not change it. worry when there is something to worry about yanno? can you still walk for exercise?

amber, check out walmart for gliders, they have a lot of options that are under $300 and you can have your own cover. they have some that seem better that are like $350 that i might consider but jeez that just seems like a lot for a chair. sunkist i am torn on a chair too... do i want one, don''t i, is it a glider or a rocker (i have heard some moms are not a fan of gliders since it''s a diff motion) or just a chair. it seems like a lot of $$ to spend not being totally sure HOW you want the chair to work.

drk hope you are doing ok and that the cramping has stopped.

ginger, sorry to hear the clothes didn''t work, i was going to say that you are def an XS in gap maternity. i bought S in sweaters and they are a little big on the arms and def big on the belly but that is for room to grow. i will def be able to wear them later in the pregnancy. but you are TINY, so you are def an XS if not smaller. the right size would def make a diff i think. and funny you think gap makes for curvy because i tend to think they design more for ''straight'' bodies than curves. i feel like my curves kind of blow all their clothes out of line. bottom line is that the mat clothing options out there are kind of crappy in general IMO. do you have any small boutiques near you? we have one locally called Bump that i got some REALLY cute clothes at, diff jersey and soft cotton wrap dresses and michael stars actually has some super cute maternity dresses, believe it or not, in their same shiny stretch material they make their other stuff in. quite flattering to preggos actually. so a small boutique might have more selection for body skimming items. and for anyone interested, i found i loved the Paige maternity cord pants...very flattering like Paige is for me anyway but with the give on the tummy and the elastic band. i tried them at Bump and then bought them online for $60, retail was $170! i can''t wait to wear them once we actually have fall weather.

anchor31

Ideal_Rock
Mandy - Sorry you had a rough night! Baby has taken the habit of waking up with his/her dad at 4:30AM, so I haven''t been getting much sleep myself.
24.gif

steph - Sorry about the modified rest! That sucks. Take care of yourself.

sunkist - Major congrats on the house!
36.gif

Kimberly - I''m glad to hear the nausea is easing up!

26 weeks for me today... 3rd trimester, baby!
9.gif
My hips and pelvic bone aren''t hurting so much since yesterday, so I''m feeling good. The nursery is progressing quickly and it''s very exciting! Friends and family are giving us tons of stuff so it helps. Unfortunately, I got some sad news this morning and one of my dad''s sisters is terminally ill and doesn''t have much time left. I hadn''t been to a funeral in years, and now it''ll be the second one since August.
7.gif

MonkeyPie

Ideal_Rock
Ah, it''s Wednesday. I am having one of THOSE weeks, ladies - I wish it was Friday so I can go home and take off these blasted pants! All of my clothes have been fitting, a little snug and not terribly comfortable, but they fit. Except for this one pair of pants. They are stretchy, but the seam between the button enclosure and the zipper doesn''t stretch at all, so it''s cutting me in half. I ate lunch - a salad - and puffed up like a poor little Ethiopian baby
38.gif
I finally gave in and let my supervisor show me how to use a rubberband to hold my pants closed even though I left them unbuttoned. I feel much better, but gah! Time to clothes shop I guess
20.gif

phoenixgirl

Ideal_Rock
Re: what Ginger said about the swine flu. Oseltamivir is Tamiflu. My doctor''s office said that if pregnant women think they have been exposed, they should call.

People are dropping like flies at work. The technology guy left to get tested for swine flu an hour after I talked to him yesterday, and the new teacher next door took yesterday off with a 103 degree fever and then came back today! He tried to come in my room to talk to me in this really raspy voice because he didn''t want me to think it was his fault that his sub inexplicably decided to send his bad kids to sit in my class (I actually wound up having a really nice heart to heart with this one kid while the rest of my class was picking up their computers), and I was like, "Back away from the pregnant lady!" When you''re a new teacher, you have this erroneous belief that if you don''t report to work, the world will end. But please new guy, stay home when you have a 103 degree fever!

swimmer

Ideal_Rock
MP, there is a sale here motherhood

Hi Ladies! I''m finally getting my courage up to join this thread. I''m at 8 weeks tomorrow, so far no real side effects. Looking forward to learning from all of you! thanks, swimmer

Pandora II

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/23/2009 11:23:36 AM
Author: Mara

steph, random Q but how did the doctors just now find out your cervix is short? you have another child...no one noticed then? i swear sometimes i shake my head at ''modern medicine''. i wouldn''t worry about it too much, if you have been feeling positive about the pregnancy, then this should not change it. worry when there is something to worry about yanno? can you still walk for exercise?
Mara, your cervix alters in length when you are pregnant - and throughout your normal cycle (noting cervical length and position is a good way of predicting your fertile period as it will be high and open (ie short) as apposed to low and closed).

Having a shortened cervix can be extremely worrying as it ''can'' be an indicator of possible pre-term labour.

steph72276

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/23/2009 6:17:51 PM
Author: Pandora II

Mara, your cervix alters in length when you are pregnant - and throughout your normal cycle (noting cervical length and position is a good way of predicting your fertile period as it will be high and open (ie short) as apposed to low and closed).

Having a shortened cervix can be extremely worrying as it ''can'' be an indicator of possible pre-term labour.

Pandora,
Thanks for writing this. Yes, that is the way I have understood it too through doing internet research (which is probably a bad idea, as now I am kind of freaking out). I did have to go on bedrest with my first son at 28 weeks because he was dropping already, so I knew it was a good possibility with this pregnancy as well. The good news is that my cervix was still closed when I was checked. The bad news is that I have been having period type cramps all day today and I know it is not due to lack of water since I have been downing glasses all day long. So, it is very worrisome, but there doesn''t seem like much I can do but take it easy and pray that this baby will make it to at least the 3rd trimester (Nov. 2nd). At least at that point I can kind of breath easier, ya know? Thanks for all the kind words and I hope everyone is doing well.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
thanks for clarifying pandora.

steph, think positive and please don''t worry too much. i had some cramps yesterday, but i think it just might have been a bit too much caffeine (i went crazy and had coffee and chai in the same day and didn''t realize chai had caffeine, doh) so i have been drinking a lot of water now. from what it sounds like a fair amt of ladies have cramps on and off and it could mean so many things. hang in there!! i bet that kid is firmly entrenched.
2.gif

i am horribly uncomfortable today, i have a lot of bloating. my belly feels HUGE and my pants are more tight. and i was super depressed this morning to find that two of my regular skirts won''t even go over my butt and thighs anymore. and hello the kid is not resting in my ass!!! everyone keeps saying oh you are pregnant, it''s natural blah blah. but that doesn''t help you when you are getting ready in the morning and your clothes don''t fit. i do have clothes that fit but have to do laundry. anyway that''s my sob story for today.

MP..that is how i felt towards the end of the first tri. once you get some mat clothes you will feel better at least knowing you have them ready. most of mine are fall though, so i just am doing mostly empire dresses til end of summer. it''s so hot here though, i am ready for cold weather.

PG... that guy sounds like a dumbass. seriously, who does that?. greg has been sick at home with a cold, we don''t think it''s flu since he didn''t get bad fever or chills...just a lot of sinus and tired, and a bit of a cough but he is already better. he''s had to sleep on the couch, poor thing... but we''re not taking any chances. i think he will be back in bed tonite. portia will be so bummed to lose her primo spot.

welcome swimmer!

Mandarine

Ideal_Rock
Hello!!

Mara, I hear you on the getting dressed thing. I''m way past even trying some of my old bottoms...but I remember that time well!. Even before I gained any weight my clotehs stopped fitting because my hips found a need to widen. Mind you they were plenty wide before so I really don''t think that was necessary!!

Can''t wait to see your idea board!!!

Ginger, do you have a Destination maternity store close by? they carry different brands so it''s a one stopp shop. It is pretty annoying though because they try to sell you EVERYTHING...you have to keep saying no or otherwise you would come out of there with a few thousand $s less!. I invested in a good pair of designer jeans and 3 other bottoms and that''s pretty much all I''ve used!

Anchor, sorry to hear the news about your aunt
7.gif
I''m glad you''re feeling better though, and welcome to the 3rd trimester!

MP...yeah, one of those days...or weeks I guess!. I''ve found that pregnancy goes like a roller-coaster...you have great weeks and then some weeks were you are just like "blah". SO hang in there!

Swimmer WELCOME!!!!!!!!!!!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
Congratulations! I''m very happy for you!!

As for me...well, I developed something new...Eczema! I had a little bit before getting pregnant, mainly in my index finger...but it''s been fine all through the pregnancy. Now my hands are getting destroyed! It''s all in between my fingers and the skin is getting almost raw when wet
39.gif
. I''ve never ever had eczema this bad. Wondering if I should go to the dermatologist or just ask my OB is I can put some sort of steroid or cortisone cream on it...

My feet continue to look like I''m Fiona (Shrek''s lover) and it''s so not attractive....

My butt...well, forget it, my butt has a different zip code now
14.gif

Other than that I''m doing well...hehe. Actually today was a good day, one of the moms from the local multiples club I joined came by today (with her 5 month old twin boys
30.gif
) and gave me two huge boxes of baby clothes!!! (0-3 and 3-6!). Most of the babies clothes are hand me downs (which is ok by me!)...I''ve only bought maybe like 5 PJs/onesies for them. Another mom is giving me a efw boxes of diapers that her babies out grew, so I''m loving the support from the other moms in this club!
9.gif

taovandel

Brilliant_Rock
I picked up my FMLA and Short Term Disability paper work today from HR---woohoo!

We have our nutritionist and regular DA tomorrow.

I hit 50 days until I pop.

I came home from work today and my husband informed me that my parents were on their way over with the crib, changing table and dresser!

We put the baby swing together and he's in the nursery right now putting the dresser and other stuff together!

It's been a fantastic day.

Swimmer--congrats!!!

Also, I'm getting worried---where has meresal been? I hope everything is okay with her and her little bean!

MonkeyPie

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/23/2009 7:58:56 PM
Author: Mandarine
MP...yeah, one of those days...or weeks I guess!. I''ve found that pregnancy goes like a roller-coaster...you have great weeks and then some weeks were you are just like ''blah''. SO hang in there!

As for me...well, I developed something new...Eczema! I had a little bit before getting pregnant, mainly in my index finger...but it''s been fine all through the pregnancy. Now my hands are getting destroyed! It''s all in between my fingers and the skin is getting almost raw when wet
39.gif
. I''ve never ever had eczema this bad. Wondering if I should go to the dermatologist or just ask my OB is I can put some sort of steroid or cortisone cream on it...

My feet continue to look like I''m Fiona (Shrek''s lover) and it''s so not attractive....

My butt...well, forget it, my butt has a different zip code now
14.gif

Thanks Mandarine
1.gif
I got home and I went straight into my pj pants and big tshirt, and now I feel SO much better. Those pants are hereby banned! And thanks for the link to the Motherhood sale - I am SO there Saturday! They have cute stuff!

I''m sorry about your eczema
40.gif
That''s a huge bummer, but at least you know it will likely get better once your little guys come out. Pregnancy seems to make everything pre-existing worse! Try vitamin E, in oil form, I''ve heard that''s great for it and it smells pretty good, too.

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/23/2009 6:48:30 PM
Author: steph72276
Date: 9/23/2009 6:17:51 PM

Author: Pandora II

Pandora,

Thanks for writing this. Yes, that is the way I have understood it too through doing internet research (which is probably a bad idea, as now I am kind of freaking out). I did have to go on bedrest with my first son at 28 weeks because he was dropping already, so I knew it was a good possibility with this pregnancy as well. The good news is that my cervix was still closed when I was checked. The bad news is that I have been having period type cramps all day today and I know it is not due to lack of water since I have been downing glasses all day long. So, it is very worrisome, but there doesn''t seem like much I can do but take it easy and pray that this baby will make it to at least the 3rd trimester (Nov. 2nd). At least at that point I can kind of breath easier, ya know? Thanks for all the kind words and I hope everyone is doing well.

Steph-I was put on bedrest at 28 weeks for a short cervix-so I have researched it up the wazoo if you have questions. Do they have an earlier measurement to go by? Make sure they continue to monitor it (they can do a trans vag. u/s) to see if it''s actively shortening or simply short. Simply short isn''t as big of a deal-but shortening isn''t good as I am sure you know.

And if it happens to be shortening then you need to watch like a hawk for preterm labor signs-and if you feel ANYTHING or even think anything is weird or strange- head to l/d. They can often stop PTL these days if you get there early enough-so that''s really important. If you think you might be experiencing PTL with the cramps you are having head to l/d because they CAN often stop it.

Hang in there-bedrest obviously sucks as you know but if it keeps the bean baking longer it''s worth it!

steph72276

Ideal_Rock
NF, thank you so much for the info! They don''t have an earlier measurement to go by b/c they just discovered it at my 20 week ultrasound. That is good to know about going to l/d. I didn''t know there was a way to stop the preterm labor. The cramps I was having kind of subsided at bit today, so I hope they don''t start up again tonight. And they were kind of like mild period cramps, so nothing too bad...but if they do get worse, I will go in. Thanks again, I might have more questions for you later
1.gif

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results