shape
carat
color
clarity

Calling all the Pregnant PS''ers

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
kimmy..we are also going to be doing the new car thing as well. it seems like we couldn't have 'timed' it better (even though we didn't), because the lease up on the mini is up in dec. so we would have had to get a new car anyway, and that is 1-2 months before the baby comes. we're looking at the audi a3... i love the mini's small footprint and it's gas mileage and zippiness. but we need 4 doors. the audi has a similarly small body and a bit more room inside than the mini but also has a real backseat and a real trunk space. so that's our forerunner right now...but we'll have to see it in person and see what else is out there (but when i looked recently i didn't really like anything else). we don't want an SUV if we don't have to get one and i don't like a lot of wagons from a design perspective yet.

drk what about modifying the lower level office into a bedroom? it would just take a closet right? i am more about having people (guests) away from the main living areas haha. but that is because we had a guest room in our old townhouse that was further away from our master and now our new smaller house is all one level so they are like right across from us. great for the baby room that will become, but a little too 'close quarters' for real guests. hehee. oh and as someone who has major square foot envy right now (missing our extra 300), i love that your new digs will be almost 3k sq ft. wowsa!! lots of living area. makes me want to move. where do you live again?

mp... gotcha on the midwife, yeah with my hospital, anyone could deliver me but that's ok. i don't even think i will have one of those birth plan things or whatever...i figure i'll just go in and wing it. i'd love if my dr delivered me but if not, i figure the rest of them are just as competent and hopefully i won't have any issues. i have been with my hmo since birth and the doctors are usually pretty good in L&D, my friends and family have all had pretty good experiences, but we'll see i guess. i also hope that if you still are concerned you can get another appt to try the heartbeat again... honestly i don't think you should have to wait 2 weeks...that is a long time in the first tri mentally.

ginger..you are pretty tiny from what i recall... if you got an xs size in old navy you are prob fine. i got medium and larges since i wasn't sure and the mediums were big until like a week ago...it is hard to know what they really mean when they say order same size, because the way my boobs grew instantanteously i was SURE an old size wouldn't fit me. but they do size up a bit even in your old size it seems. and yeah target can be hit or miss, if you have multiple ones near you, visit them all. the one near my work has an amazingly huge selection in maternity but i went to another one near our house and it had NOTHING and the stuff it did have was so frumpy. and gap baby does have maternity, it's a small selectoin but their stuff is CUTE like what i would wear anyway, fitted sweaters with ruching just at belly so that you aren't wearing a tent everywhere else, leggings, they had some dresses and they have a fair amt of pants like khakis and cords and stuff. and when i went this week to the mall a lot of it was like 30% off. sweaters were $20.

drk... don't worry sweetie..i am sure you are fine. i know it can be stressful given your history but i bet that baby is entrenched in there. like the others said your cervix may just be irritated. if you don't feel cramping, from what i have read a little blood from time to time is normal though i know it's scary. up until about 18 weeks i used to have dream about bleeding. the stuff your mind does to you is creepy with all these hormones. but now i feel like it's more stable, thank god.

jeez my post is really long..sorry!!!

fieryred33143

Ideal_Rock
Have we heard from so cal girl? Her due date is in 4 days!

phoenixgirl

Ideal_Rock
I think I have hemorrhoids, boo! I hadn''t noticed until I was trying to shave my legs in the tub and was putting pressure on that area. I have DH lined up to investigate later (so much for DTD). I like to make him share in the indignities of pregnancy as much as possible.
11.gif

And over the last day or so I''ve felt pressure in my pelvic area, sometimes in the front/uterus and sometimes in the back like menstrual cramps. Nothing feels like the uterus is contracting, so maybe it is lightening? When I told DH this, he announced ominously, "That means the baby will be born in the next 10-14 days!" He says he remembers this from our birthing class. I must have been playing Sudoku during that part. But then I looked in our Mayo Clinic guide, and it said that lightening usually occurs 2-4 weeks before birth in first time mothers. Phew! I am 4.5 weeks away from my due date, so that sounds a lot better to me.

I always had it in my head that it was all downhill in terms of discomfort from about 36 weeks, and I''m afraid this might become a self-fulfilling prophecy!

drk

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks for the tips on the house. We''re in love with the urban area, I think. Either the den upstairs or the office in the basement could be modified to another bedroom without too much difficulty, I think. We''re going to meet with the seller this week and check out floor plans re renos in the future, heating/cooling costs etc. Ask our questions. And then we''ll have a house inspection to see how things look. Scary times.

So I spent the day in the ER, because after the spotting I started noticing my uterus getting very firm from time to time. No cramps, but obviously tightening into a ball. It was often enough that I called L&D at 3:30am to ask advice, and they said to go to the ER if things didn''t settle down after a hot bath, drink, sleep. Things still hadn''t settled this morning, so off I went at 9am. Saw the doc at 12pm. Ultrasound finally around 3:30pm. Cervix 4.2cm and closed. Baby looking fine. They found white cells in my urine and sent me home with a script for antibiotics just in case.

I was briefly reassured, but now I''m having the tightenings again. Had a couple where my uterus was really ball-like and tight a few minutes ago. I guess I''ll drink lots of water, lie down and pray for the best. I''ll sure be calling my OB in the morning. The ER doc said this is totally normal in the second trimester, but I''m just so scared. Have any of you had crazy Braxton-Hicks so early on?

steph72276

Ideal_Rock
Drk, I am in the 2nd trimester too (21 weeks) and went to the doc last week because of severe cramping that lasted all night and all the next morning. She said I was dehydrated and to drink a TON of water. I am here in FL, so it has been really hot still and I had been doing lots of running around and not keeping up with how much I have had to drink. Since I''ve been downing the water, the cramps have gone away. Glad you got to see the baby and that all was good.

peonygirl

Brilliant_Rock
Hi gals! Remember me?
9.gif
I just wanted you to know that my twins were born super early on 8/27/09. They weren't due until November! I basically woke up in pain the day they were born, went to the hospital "just in case" something was wrong, drs couldn't stop my labor and I had them an hour later. No one knows why they were so early--my pregnancy was going great except for a lot of Braxton-Hicks (which didn't seem to be changing my cervix). I rested a ton (even quit my terrific job at 24 weeks so I could rest more), drank a lot of water, was eating all the time even though I never had a massive weight gain, and had healthy habits. This was our worst fear the whole pregnancy, but they're actually doing quite well for being so early. Their names are Elliot and Asher. Here is a picture of us (Elliot is on the left).

A brief delivery story. . . when I got to the hospital I was 4cm and progressed fairly quickly to 10cm. At that point the drs broke my water and I pushed out Elliot in about 10 pushes. When I started pushing they were both head down, but unfortunately right after that Asher turned transverse (sideways) with the room created when his brother was born, and despite my doctor having his arm in me up to the elbow manipulating him in my uterus (very painful considering I had declined an epidural earlier!!) he wasn't able to turn him. So I had to have an emergency c-section under general anesthesia. Despite the two modes of delivery, the physical discomfort was nothing compared to the mental agony and worrying about them the first few days. I definitely beat myself up a lot in those early days, thinking that I had done something wrong but since then I've just accepted the situation and tried to enjoy my boys. They are as sweet as can be!!

Hope everyone is doing really well! I have missed you guys a lot and I hope all your pregnancies go fantasically!
9.gif
I can't wait to see your twins, Mandarine!!

momwithboys.JPG

lili

Ideal_Rock
OMG Peony!!
Many congrats on your little boys!
Elliot and Asher are so teeny and precious ^.^
I'm glad to hear that they are both doing great.

mtjoya

Brilliant_Rock
Hello, Ladies

Just checkin in! OMG Peony you guys looks soooooooo cute! Your bebes are super cute!

Well, ladies I will be 19 weeks this wednesday... Here is a tummy pic. Note: I am wearing a super tight tank here!
41.gif

fattummi.jpg

mtjoya

Brilliant_Rock
This is a goofy pic that I took with my computer cam. I feel weird just submitting a pic of my tummy & not my face so here ya go!
12.gif

pretipic.jpg

phoenixgirl

Ideal_Rock
Peony, they''re beautiful! What sweethearts! I know you wouldn''t have chosen to deliver them so early, but it sounds like they are strong, little miracle babies!

MonkeyPie

Ideal_Rock
Oh Peony, I am so glad they are doing well despite being so early! They really look great, and so do you! I hope they come home soon!

vizsla

Brilliant_Rock
OMG peony! you stealth momma you! congratulations!! your boys are beautiful! how are they doing? were they in the NICU very long? are you all home? congrats congrats congrats!

mara - DH and i were in the same boat as you re: the A3. i had a VW GTI that i considered keeping (b/c babies don't need that much back seat room, right?) but then decided to get a larger 4 door car and was pretty set on the A3 (it was basically my GTI with 4 doors and a hatch). buuuuuttttt we found the hatch/trunk space of the A3 was actually smaller than my GTI - and just b/c i didn't want to give up on the A3 so quickly, i made DH go back to the dealership with our maclaren volo stroller.... poor thing hardly fit. sooooooo.... just something to think about - i would def. take some piece of baby equipment with you to test out that hatch. we ended up getting the volvo v50 (turbo) wagon - i really really like it and it's super safe and doesn't 'feel' that huge compared to my GTI - i would also take a look at the new jetta wagon - it was a close close second for us ;-) anyhoodles.... that's my car public service announcement for the day
3.gif

re: clothes. i've been pretty happy with the pants that i've bought from ON - but totally understand where you are coming from re: tops. they seem HUGE for a M right? actually, i kinda feel skinny when i buy maternity clothes b/c the sizes seem so huge..... however, one little piece of advice i've discovered since expanding these past few weeks - keep some of those size M tops - cuz you are going to need them towards the end
2.gif
. i've probably only bought maaaaaayyyybbbbeeeee 4 or 5 maternity tops - bottoms is where i focused my efforts on :) i splurged and bought 2 pairs of designer jeans - which i wear every other day so well well worth the $$ (plus it makes me feel better) and then wear the clothes i already have. however, now that my belly is more 'out there' you def. need those bigger maternity tops b/c they are longer in the front - and what might seem huge now - will be a blessing in your third tri when you are standing in front of the closet with overwhelming fear that you might have to go to work nekkid b/c nothing fits ;-) i was too lazy to return some of those M tops and it was like hitting the lotto when i remembered tee hee... but seriously, maternity tanks and pants is where i would focus my $$. (same thing for pants... it's amazing how fast my thighs have grown in the past few weeks!)

gosh i'm so bossy today ;-)

drk - i had that same type of bleeding you described at week 8 and then again at week 16ish - both times, nothing. probably due to your exam.... mine was thought to be due to working out/running - so they put me on no 'sexy time' rest and no 'real' working out for 2 weeks. it's soooo scary for sure! but the chances of it being something majah are very slim at this point in your PG :)

i don't know who asked about deciding on using a midwife vs. a dr. but i was really intrigued by the fact that delivery babies/pregnancy is what a midwife specializes in. they are registered nurses who then go to school for another 2 years specifically for midwifery. they spend the entire labor process with you (in lieu of nurses who then call the doc to 'catch') and like pg said, they have more time to spend with you each apt. at least at my practice they have a 'less is more' approach - which is why it doesn't surprise me that they would wait to check for the heartbeat until your next apt. mp. anyhoodles... there is a team of docs that the midwife's work with, and also a doc is always on call for delivery in case something goes haywire. i guess that's my last public service announcement for the day. i must be feeling extra sassafras today or something.
3.gif

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
Mara: to tag on to what Viz is saying, if at all possible bring along a carseat, or at least measurements, for both infant and convertible. A friend drives a Volvo S40 and the infant seat was fine, but the convertible seat rubs against the two front seats of the car and her son''s legs sit basically on the front center console. I''ve only driven trucks, so driving a car is strange to me (every time I rent one I''m terrified I''m going to get crushed). Ended up buying a Ford Edge and I love it.

Peony: darling boys. Hope they continue to thrive.

Clothes: I bought a few things on sale at Pea in the Pod, and a couple of pairs of shorts from Old Navy. One pair they sent me is a size too big (L instead of M) so I only wear those around the house. The other pair fit great, as do the shorts I got from PITP. I''m trying to hold off on shopping any more, because fall will be here soon and I don''t want to buy a bunch of summer clothes to wear for one month. I also have sundresses that fit just fine still. But I''m doing laundry an awful lot.

steph72276

Ideal_Rock
Peony, your boys are BEAUTIFUL! So glad they are doing so well! Keep us updated on their progress!

cellososweet

Brilliant_Rock
Congratulations Peony!!! They are just beautiful! How are you all doing?

drk

Brilliant_Rock
Peony - congrats! They''re adorable. How many weeks were you when you delivered? I guess that''s why the hospitals I trained at were very very insistent that women having twins vaginally get an epidural early on so that you can quickly top them up for a stat C/S for the second baby. I''m glad they''re doing so well now though.

I _think_ the contractions have slowed today. I wonder if it''s the antibiotics helping settle things down? I made a call to my OB, so I''ll see what she has to say later today when she calls me back. For now, I''m trying to drink and sit and empty my bladder frequently at work. I hope things stay calm until after 30 weeks now!

Mandarine

Ideal_Rock
Drk and Steph, sorry you guys had a scare!!!!...I''m happy to see you guys are doing better now...

Peony, OMG!!!!

I am sure you have had a roller coaster with your emotions this last month...I am so happy to read they are doing well. How many weeks were you?. I can''t imagine how scared you guys were. My good friend had her twin girls at 27 weeks and they just turned 1 year old this last week and doing wonderfully. Your little boys are fighters and I pray they continue to grow healthy so you can all be home together soon!!!.

Do not blame yourself...there is nothing you could have done, sometimes these things just happen. You did the very best you could and it shows because they are doing very well!.

Congratulations on your two little precious angels and keep us updated on your progress!!!.

Guess what guys?

BOTH babies passed their NSTs today!. Can you believe it???

36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

We also scheduled the c-section today....squeeeeeeeeeeee, it just made it so real....I got butterflies in my stomach. It is scheduled for week 38 right now (10/22)...but hubby wants me to ask the peri and my main Dr if it''s better to wait until week 39. He has his own hidden agenda though...he wants the boys to be Scorpios like him! (I think 10/24 is when it switches from libra to Scorpio). He says it has nothing to do with that and he just thinks it''s better to wait....but hmmm, I don''t believe him
3.gif
. AND if we''re going to play around with dates according to astroligical signs I think someone should ask the mommy-to-be if she''s ready to live with THREE male scorpios...hmmm, tough question!
2.gif

Anyway, I''m asking the peri on Monday and then my main Dr next Thursday what they think. My main Dr wasn''t there today so I went with what the Dr there told me (to schedule it early on week 38 and not later)...

Gotta get to work, will stop by later!
35.gif

Jas12

Ideal_Rock
Peony---Wow, congrats on the arrival of your gorgeous boys (love their names!!) You all look terrific. You of course did nothing wrong, so just enjoy those little wonders!!
How long will they be in the hospital for ?

anchor31

Ideal_Rock
I hope you all had a good weekend! We spent ours at my parents, we hadn''t been there in over two months, so it was nice. We asked my mom to be my birthing coach, and she''s really touched, wasn''t expecting it at all. We found a stroller, so that''s another thing to strike off the list!

On being over pregnancy: Now that I''ve stopped throwing up it''s been easier, but lately I''ve been feeling like my entire pelvic bone is on fire or something. None of my bras fit anymore so I spend most of my days in the maternity tank tops I bought, but in the evenings I get so bloated even that is painful! Sometimes it feels like I''m so swollen my ribcage digs into my stomach.
14.gif
Joy. The baby kicks are still sending my tactile defensiveness into overdrive; I thought I''d have gotten used to it by now. I am thankful baby is super healthy though, and I do want to keep that bun in the oven for at least 36 weeks, so... I do try not to complain too much to people around me.

tao - About your sex question... Since week 20 things have been a bit more difficult on that point for us. I still get in the mood (probably not as much as DH would like, but still), but I''m so sensitive that pretty much everything is too much. KY is the only thing that makes it possible, and he has to go a LOT easier than usual. Im sorry if that doesn''t really help you... I hope you can find a way to make it work for you!

MP - I wouldn''t worry about a miscarriage just yet. 10 weeks is still early to hear a HB, my doctor told me I was lucky to hear it at 11 weeks. I''m sure you''ll have more luck in two weeks.

drk - Sending you some sticking vibes just in case, and some house dust!

peony - Congrats on your boys, they are so beautiful! How are they doing? I''ll be praying for their continued good health and quick return home.

mandy - Congrats on both boys finally passing their test!
36.gif
Lol at not being sure you want to live with three Scorpios... It would probably be the death of me!

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
thanks for the tips on the car shopping kimmy and viz. i don't think we'll have our stroller yet when we are shopping but i have the measurements so i was going to take them with, it's a pretty small urban one that is meant to fit in small cars (bugaboo bee) and on public transit, so i think it will be fine. i have heard the trunk in the A3 is small but it's bigger than what we have now. and i have also heard that the backseats in the A3 are very short, so not great for when the kid gets bigger, but i read that it is typically fine for small kids and car seats up to a certain age. since we would just get this for the next 2-3 years i figure we can get a bigger car later. i'd actually prob modify the car seat we were getting etc rather than modify the car around it IF we love the A3. it's important to me to drive something i love given how fun the mini has been for me. and unfort i just don't love most of what is out there right now!! i kept hoping that the car manuf's would come out with some silver bullet hehee...but nope. but who knows...we are going to look at some other options too just to do our homework, the BMW X3 is another one, but we don't really want an SUV and i don't like the price tag hehe. and there was another car that was kind of like the A3 but i can't remember what it was now. problem also for us is we have a 1 car garage at our new house and it was custom to give us more house space, so it's not super wide. fits the mini perfectly and will fit a smaller SUV narrowly, but we'd rather not stress about parking the car every time either hehe. so i have to take THOSE measurements in with us too. the dealer will love me.
3.gif

drk...i'm happy to hear you went to ER to check everything out... i would just try to relax and not worry too much, esp since you saw the baby, and the cervix is still closed up tight. i wonder sometimes how some of the gals even know what this stuff (contractions?) feel like because i swear it always feels like my belly is doing something, but maybe i don't know enough to actually worry hahaa. my belly gets extremely tight afer i eat and i just assumed it had to do with blood flow relating to digestion. anyhow hope you are still doing well, please update us when possible! and as steph said drink a lot of water. it was extremely hot here yesterday and i couldn't stop drinking water and iced tea.

peony...congrats!!! wow your story is amazing and so wonderful. the dr told me that they always are so happy when expectant moms get to week 25 since the baby is then viable outside of the womb, but she said it opens up a new host of problems in case early labor actually occurs. the babies look SO fabulous for being early. and i agree re: don't beat yourself up, sounds like you did everything you could, but those babies just wanted to make an entry fast! my neighbor was on bed rest for the last 3 months with her twins and it didn't sound very fun.

oh and viz lol re the shopping for maternity making you feel all small. i bought size S sweaters at gap maternity thinking 'gosh i hope they fit' since i feel huge, and they are kind of BIG. well not on my national geographic boobs, but everywhere else. but i thought the same thing re: well i will need something for closer to the end, sooo i am keeping them. they are very comfy actually. speaking of boobs, my neighbor was telling me she went up to something like a 40F during her breast feeding. now i am really frightened.

mandarine, how exciting...!!! yay for a date. i can't wait to see how things progress... !! lol re the scorpios...since i am one, i can honestly say i don't think 3 in a household would necessarily be a positive thing, but i think that boy scorpios are more mellow than gals. the ones i have met anyway.

happy to say we got some more organization done this wkd. man do i have a lot of CLOTHES. i put four containers of things that don't fit me anymore up into the garage, saying hope i see you next SPRING. and put out most of my maternity purchases over the last 2 months into the closet to get ready for when i actually wear them. we'll start disassembling the guest room next wkd. i spent some time in the room 'bonding' (greg laughed that for a good 20 min) with it and getting a feel for the color on the wall etc. chose our prints from etsy. became more confused over cribs and dressers again... i was thinking baby mod's roxanne but then i saw the babyletto espresso/white one... it is in the photo that tacori's bedding was in like 2 years ago for inspiration and i love the dresser so much more than the roxanne but i love the crib roxanne better than babyletto. ARGH. pricing for babyletto is about $100 more than baby mod. walmart carries both. also wasn't sure babyletto would be too dark of an espresso to go with our PB leaning wall shelf we are putting in the baby's room. BOO on decision making. and still not sold on a glider... have been halfheartedly looking online.

oh and time to fess up. has anyone else amassed or is in the middle of amassing a little collection of baby clothes all on your own? i can't stop myself from going into boutiques and shops, and also into ross and marshalls because they have a fab selection of brand name stuff at cheap for babies. little boys stuff is SO cute...i am biased since i love greens, blues, chocolates as my primary colors in life anyway.

cellososweet

Brilliant_Rock
Mara, I haven''t bought a single thing yet since I''ve been on bedrest, but my mother and apparently some of my friends are going batty. Haha. Every other day my Mum is like "I bought the baby a striped gown at GAP today." "I got you some long-sleeved side-snap onesies because I know you said they were hard to find." "I found the cuuuuuuuutest cordouroy jumper thingey." She''s so adorable. My friend in Brooklyn and her twin brother got the baby this ridiculously adorable adidas track suit and my other friends have emailed me with "I already bought you a couple of small things, but let me know where you are registered." People are crazy with babies. Haha. If I wasn''t trapped in bed, I think the kid would have a closet that''s more full than mine. I went out briefly with DH yesterday to buy a cat carrier to go on the plane next week and the mall was next door, so we went in and oogled baby stuff. I wanted to buy so much! I''m going to wait until after the move though. Less stuff to lug.

I pretty much finished my registry, except for a few things that are out of stock and I''m waiting on. My friend is throwing my shower on the 7th of November to avoid all of the holidays, and I''m really excited! She is so cute and excited and I know she''ll do a nutzo job at making it fun! I also ordered some cooler-weather maternity clothes from Old Navy since they were 40% off. I couldn''t justify spending a lot of money on maternity clothes since I go out of the house once a week if I''m lucky. I figured once we move, I''ll be able to get out more often though because Mum can be my chauffeur. As long as I''m not walking, I can''t fall down. Haha. I know my Mum is dyyyyying to get out to Target/Babies R Us/Old Navy, etc. with me. She is too cute.

I don''t want to jinx it, but I''m feeling a bit better lately. I still get really exhausted and feel light-headed, but not as often which is good. I think the cooler weather is helping (says the girl thats moving cross country to the freaking 100 degree valley in a week. ugh!). I saw the baby move from the outside last week which was awesome/creepy/emotional all at the same time. It was so neat. DH has yet to feel it though. The baby has to be in a really specific place and he doesn''t like to venture there too often. So, I think we''ll be waiting a bit.

Anywho, off I go. I have so much to do that my head is spinning. We move in less than a week! AhhhH! And this morning I get a call from the movers and apparently the person who booked the move is the only non-Jewish person in the company and didn''t realize that the 28th was Yom Kippur, so we can''t move on our original date. We have to do the 27th because we have a 7 a.m flight on the 29th. I''m trying to get a discount because now we are going to have to book a hotel for two days instead of one (I can''t sleep on the floor for two nights! We have 19th century hardwoods. Beautiful but hard as a rock with irregular slight gaps everywhere). Wish me luck!

Here''s a 24 week picture. Viability! YAY!

Semi side view 24 weeks2.jpg

cellososweet

Brilliant_Rock
oops. that one wasn''t the best. that shows my DIY haircut more than anything else. Haha. this one is better!

Fetus Uterus 24 Weeks2.jpg

snlee

Ideal_Rock
Congratulations peony! I am so happy to hear that Elliot and Asher are doing well despite coming very early. They are beautiful! I can''t imagine the roller coaster of emotions you went through this last month. Know that you didn''t do anything wrong! Enjoy this special time with your newborns! How long will they be in the hospital for? Keep us posted.

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
Congrats Peony!! Great name choices!!! Max was going to be Elliot but his middle name ended up Elliot instead. And you know why I think Asher is a great name! Rest up mama!

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
Mandarine: The reason docs suggest 38 weeks is that for twins BEFORE 38 weeks the risk of taking them is greater than that of leaving them in there. At 38 weeks it flips and after that it is more risky to leave them in there than it is to take them.

Basically the risk of complications for twins goes up at 38 weeks due to old placenta issues, etc.

Sha

Ideal_Rock
Wow, Peony! Congratulations!! You were so quiet there for a while, and now this!
1.gif
What a surprise! Your lilttle boys are beautiful!
30.gif
How many weeks were you when they were born? I''m sure that must''ve been a scary experience for you and the DH. Glad to know they''re doing well! How has the post-partum period been? Has it been dififcult adjusting to mommyhood?

Mandarine

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/21/2009 12:25:20 PM
Author: neatfreak
Mandarine: The reason docs suggest 38 weeks is that for twins BEFORE 38 weeks the risk of taking them is greater than that of leaving them in there. At 38 weeks it flips and after that it is more risky to leave them in there than it is to take them.

Basically the risk of complications for twins goes up at 38 weeks due to old placenta issues, etc.

Thanks Neat!...DH is really annoying me because he''s making comments like I''m playing God and what not...I told him he;s free to come and talk to my Drs or do research himself. I''m trying to do what''s best for the babies and for myself.

He should know by now this is not the time to say things like that when I''m emotional, hormonal and just overall hyper sensitive
14.gif

so cal girl

Shiny_Rock
First off, I wanted to say CONGRATS PEONY! The boys are beautiful.

Date: 9/20/2009 2:34:49 PM
Author: fiery
Have we heard from so cal girl? Her due date is in 4 days!
Thanks for thinking of me Fiery. I haven''t been on here much, because I have been kind of depressed, and I didn''t want to bring everyone down.

Still no delivery in sight for me, and I am just ridiculously uncomfortable. I have horrible acid reflux, I am sweating all the time, and I have developed an unbearable pupps rash that makes me want to rip my skin off. I have tried pills for the acid reflux and about 5 different creams for the rash, and nothing seems to be working. I feel so guilty saying I just want this baby out, but I am getting very impatient.

It doesn''t help that my doctor is out of commission, so I have been seeing whoever is in the office, and none of them seem to be too sympathetic to my situation. My doctor had told me (before he tore his ACL and is now out of the office until Dec) that he would induce me around my due date if I hadn''t delivered because he knew how uncomfortable I was. Well, the person I have seen the last two visits basically told me she thinks I just need to suck it up. She basically told me don''t expect having the baby to be any relief, because I will be just as miserable breast feeding and getting up every couple of hours. I found that to be a little rude, and I''ve got an appointment to see someone else this Thursday, on my due date. So hopefully this other person will be better, but I''m not holding my breath.

Speaking of rude, do you start to get annoyed when every single person you encounter proceeds top tell you to basically kiss your life goodbye and tells you how miserable you will be once your baby comes? Why would anyone say that to a pregnant woman? I mean, I understand that it is going to be a ridiculous amount of work, and life will be totally different, but I also see the reward as being well worth it. Maybe I am just being naive.

Sorry for the major rant for the day. I''ll go back to just lurking and waiting. Hopefully I''ll have some good news to share sometime soon.

qtiekiki

Ideal_Rock
Peony
Congratulations!!! Asher and Elliot are so precious. Glad they are doing well.
What a labor experience you had. You are amazing.

Drk
Glad everything is ok. I think I rememv
bet reading that BH happens throughout the pregnancy, and a lot of time the mommy- to-be just doesn''t know it.

Mara
You know, my coworker had her baby in her Mini (from infant seat to convertible carseat) and it fitted fine. But she is a few inches shorter than you at 5''3". So I bet the Audi A3 can work for you.
I definitely got tons of clothes for Meena when I was pregnant with her. She has two 70ct containers fullof clothes from birth to 9 months. I hadn''t gotten much for this baby yet b/c I still don''t know the sex. We won''t need to buy much if it''s a girl.
BTW your coworker is tiny (5''6" at 100lbs). I always felt big compared to other Asian females, given I am only 5''3" at 110lbs. I was just curvier growing up, well not so much the boobs but the wide hips, and was pretty self-conscious. It wasn''t until college that I learn to love my body.

Ginger
You are skinnier than me, so I think the XS would be fine for you. I found that toward the end of the pregnancy I need bigger size for the length, and I didn''t need bigger size for the longer tops. So maybe you can look for longer tops or tanks to layer under the tops. For me, ON and Gap run slightly big, and motherhood runs normal or slightly smaller, and Target runs huge. The only thing I''ve bought from Target is their awesome tanks.

MonkeyPie

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/21/2009 1:01:57 PM
Author: so cal girl
Speaking of rude, do you start to get annoyed when every single person you encounter proceeds top tell you to basically kiss your life goodbye and tells you how miserable you will be once your baby comes? Why would anyone say that to a pregnant woman? I mean, I understand that it is going to be a ridiculous amount of work, and life will be totally different, but I also see the reward as being well worth it. Maybe I am just being naive.

I HATE this. So many people keep telling me that! How is that helpful? It just makes me roll my eyes and say, "Whatever." I don''t even care if I look rude in return - there is no excuse for saying stuff like that to a pregnant woman, and I am only 12 weeks. I would be much more annoyed near the end like you are! Vent as much as you want!

I''m sorry you''re having such a hard time, here''s me crossing my fingers that your little one makes an appearance soon!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results