shape
carat
color
clarity

cabin fever + camera = gem photos: new amethyst, plus collection

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

fierypyropixy

Brilliant_Rock
Haha -- I must admit, I doooooo love to look at that picture. *end personal vanity*

I love the rose gold with the amethyst . . . that''s what I''ve been planning to do with mine, if the money ever falls from the sky so that I could afford the planned design. LOL The morganite setting looks made for the amethyst -- are you going to go LOGR for it?

The lineup of pretties . . . all of them are sigh-worthy. Upcoming plans for the peridot Star80?

CharmyPoo

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/8/2010 10:26:53 AM
Author: cellentani
Hi Charmy
35.gif

I don''t think this ammy was on Gary''s site - it was something I''d asked him about since I wanted my birthstone for my birthday. I think I know the one you''re talking about though - that one was beautiful too (and ginormous!).

Wow, you''re getting an Americana cut from Bob? I spoke with him recently, and he said he''d been doing a lot of those cuts lately. Are you getting a morganite or a different stone? He mentioned cutting a lot of rubelite too. Please post your stone when you get it - I''d seriously LOVE to see it!
It must be the other amethyst - now that you mention it .. I do recall it was huge.

I got a Rubelite from him - you know me.. I love my pinks and reds. I can''t wait to see it. He said it is gorgeous and he spent 2 days cutting it.

Indylady

Ideal_Rock
That Intergem setting is beautiful! I love your new amethyst as well.

cellentani

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/8/2010 11:54:50 PM
Author: fierypyropixy
Haha -- I must admit, I doooooo love to look at that picture. *end personal vanity*

I love the rose gold with the amethyst . . . that''s what I''ve been planning to do with mine, if the money ever falls from the sky so that I could afford the planned design. LOL The morganite setting looks made for the amethyst -- are you going to go LOGR for it?

The lineup of pretties . . . all of them are sigh-worthy. Upcoming plans for the peridot Star80?
It''s a great pic, fiery - I would be very proud of that one myself!

I have been browsing LOGR settings for the ammy, and there''s one I''ve liked for awhile, but I''m worried about it being too bulky. I''ll probably drag my feet a little while longer on this. Besides, all those vendors are enjoying Chinese New Year for the next couple of weeks anyway.

The peridot''s a tough one - it''s about 9.5mm, so I''m wondering if a pendant would be better. Unlike my morganite, it''s a much flashier look-at-me color! Got any suggestions?

And uh, I know Gary''s a pretty fast cutter, so I''m expecting to hear from you in the next couple of days, lol!

cellentani

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/9/2010 12:49:54 AM
Author: CharmyPoo
It must be the other amethyst - now that you mention it .. I do recall it was huge.

I got a Rubelite from him - you know me.. I love my pinks and reds. I can''t wait to see it. He said it is gorgeous and he spent 2 days cutting it.
Oh gosh, he''s cutting a rubelite for me too!! Now I really can''t wait to see yours - do you know how big it is? I just love those pinks and reds too - sigh.

cellentani

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/9/2010 12:51:45 AM
Author: IndyLady
That Intergem setting is beautiful! I love your new amethyst as well.
Thanks IndyLady! Any more pearls for you lately?

fierypyropixy

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 2/9/2010 10:39:40 AM
Date: 2/8/2010 11:54:50 PM

The peridot's a tough one - it's about 9.5mm, so I'm wondering if a pendant would be better. Unlike my morganite, it's a much flashier look-at-me color! Got any suggestions?

And uh, I know Gary's a pretty fast cutter, so I'm expecting to hear from you in the next couple of days, lol!

Hmmmmmmmm. I'm probably not the best suggestion-maker, b/c no matter how hard I try, I can never talk myself into a pendant -- then I couldn't easily glance at my pretty, oh, 50000 times a day.
9.gif
But, also, when I think of settings I always seem to go plain gold (boring FPP!) and I know you like a lot of sparkle. Going back to the peridot thread, I liked the first setting picture that you mentioned was a LOGR, with the v.thin pave band and four prongs. Maybe with six or eight prongs to play up those angles of the cut. It may seem big but you know I "go big or go home", so it looks gorgeous to me.

I also thought perhaps a simple halo a la your umbalite garnet that shows up in that thread too . . . a halo of that size relation to the peridot, with either a pave band OR plain band . . . that would be a nice size. No sidestones simply b/c it's so flashy it could hold it's own.

ETA: I fail at html code.

winternight

Brilliant_Rock
I love your new amethyst! And the other stones, wow.
30.gif
At least you have some fabulous sparkles to play with in this gross weather!

hay joe

Shiny_Rock
That is a beautiful collection.

LabRatPhD

Shiny_Rock
What a stunning collection!
30.gif
I''m starting to get into colored stones and your collection is just TDF!

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
Happy Birthday, Cellantini!!!!!

Your new amethyst is just stunning, and I am loving seeing your asscher again!!!!! Just simply divine!!!!!

cellentani

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/9/2010 7:03:33 PM
Author: winternight
I love your new amethyst! And the other stones, wow.
30.gif
At least you have some fabulous sparkles to play with in this gross weather!
Nice to see you winternight!
35.gif
This snow is something else, isn''t it?! Hope you''re keeping warm and are escaping any power outages! I''m starting to envy my family in FL.

cellentani

Ideal_Rock
I appreciate the nice comment, hay joe. LOVE your avi, btw. Rotties are my absolute favorite dog - I just melt everytime I see one!

Thank you LabRat! I really got sucked into precision cut colored stones last year, and I''m amazed at what I''ve collected in such a short time. And may I say, your e-ring is stunning, and I''ve visited your thread several times!

Thank you for the birthday wishes Lauren! I need to get another asscher so they can mate and produce offspring - I think that''s the only way I''d be able to catch up to your amazing collection!

vc10um

Ideal_Rock
Talk about the perfect way to pass your time!!! I am still drooling over that Intergem setting!!!

And I''m coming to YOUR place to take gemmy pictures when I start buying!!! And you know I''m just IN LURVE with that Amethyst! She''s a stunner! And such personality with those red and blue flashes! She''ll love RG for sure!

Kunzite

Brilliant_Rock
cellentani - this thread has inspired me to pull the trigger on my own amethyst. Yippy!
31.gif

cellentani

Ideal_Rock
Hey vc10um - we''ve certainly had a lot of free time on our hands with the snow, haven''t we? Hope you survived that latest round and are happily packing for your weekend. Looking forward to seeing your sugarloaf!!

kunzite, really?? How exciting that you''re getting an ammy too! Are you going with Uruguay, or something different? I''m really enjoying mine, and I think this one will definitely get set.

princessplease

Ideal_Rock
Stunning!!!!!!!!!!!

zeolite

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 2/7/2010 11:04:08 PM

Date: 2/7/2010 10:41:30 PM
Author: kas baby
what camera do you use? just for curiousity''s sake, of course
20.gif

lol, I need to know these secrets so I can share better pictures with fellow PSers in the future!
31.gif
Hi kas - I have an old (prob 2yrs) Canon SD1000. Hubs has the newer SD1200, and it''s got practically the same features, with the addition of Image Stabilization. Mine does not have IS, but it hasn''t been too much of an issue.
cellentani,
Your gemstone photography is first class! Amazing results with such a modest camera.

cellentani

Ideal_Rock
thank you princess!

Wow, mr. zeolite, thank you for your kind comments. And may I say, your sphene (which I saw for the first time today) took my breath away - it''s stunning! Now I''m even more excited to get mine!

vc10um

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/11/2010 9:27:06 AM
Hey vc10um - we''ve certainly had a lot of free time on our hands with the snow, haven''t we? Hope you survived that latest round and are happily packing for your weekend. Looking forward to seeing your sugarloaf!!

kunzite, really?? How exciting that you''re getting an ammy too! Are you going with Uruguay, or something different? I''m really enjoying mine, and I think this one will definitely get set.

We''ve survived, but one of my tires didn''t. It got some sort of puncture when we ventured out of the house on Tuesday, so now it''s over at the repair shop getting filled.

I can''t wait for my sugarloaf, either!!! I haven''t heard from Eric at Swala yet that they''ve got the rough on-site, but he said it could take a couple weeks, so I''m just biding my time!

Chances of us going back to work tomorrow??? We''ll see what the re-freeze does tonight, I guess!

Gailey

Ideal_Rock
Gorgeous stones. I wish I could take pictures of my amethyst like that.

zeolite

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 2/11/2010 4:55:16 PM
thank you princess!

Wow, mr. zeolite, thank you for your kind comments. And may I say, your sphene (which I saw for the first time today) took my breath away - it''s stunning! Now I''m even more excited to get mine!
Thank you. Sphenes are beautiful and their dispersion is so high. Too bad they''re too soft for rings.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results