shape
carat
color
clarity

cabin fever + camera = gem photos: new amethyst, plus collection

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

cellentani

Ideal_Rock
I''m still snowed in after our mid-Atlantic snowstorm, but today is much better than yesterday because there''s SUN!! And what better way to pass the time than to get the camera out!

Here''s a snowy shot from a couple nights ago:
IMG_9089-2.JPG

The storm prevented us from going anywhere for my birthday on Friday, but fortunately my surprise from Gary Braun arrived a couple days early:

GB 2.83 Uruguay Amethyst 1-1.jpg

cellentani

Ideal_Rock
At first I wasn''t sure about this one - it goes a little dark in low light, but it''s just beautiful during the day.

IMG_9096.JPG

cellentani

Ideal_Rock
9mm of gorgeous!

IMG_9227.JPG

cellentani

Ideal_Rock
Next to my rose gold and morganite ring. I''m loving RG for this one!

IMG_9209-1.JPG

cellentani

Ideal_Rock
Depending on the light, and even the angle, you can see blue or red/purple flashes. Very cool.

IMG_9228.JPG

cellentani

Ideal_Rock
Left to right: Asscher zircon, cushion amethyst, and scissor/step cut spessartite.

IMG_9100.JPG

cellentani

Ideal_Rock
Trio!

IMG_9113-2.JPG

jstarfireb

Ideal_Rock
Beautiful! I find it odd that the asscher is the shallowest of all the cuts you show. I thought asschers were known to be deep. Is it because of the high RI of the zircon (allowing cutters to go more shallow without a window)?

oddoneout

Ideal_Rock
Lovely stones. I really like the cut of the amethyst.

cellentani

Ideal_Rock
And now for some miscellaneous shots.

The 9.1mm asscher zircon in a setting from Intergem - still unset.

IMG_9145.JPG

cellentani

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/7/2010 4:02:30 PM
Author: jstarfireb
Beautiful! I find it odd that the asscher is the shallowest of all the cuts you show. I thought asschers were known to be deep. Is it because of the high RI of the zircon (allowing cutters to go more shallow without a window)?
You are absolutely correct! The shallow depth is what first peaked my interest in this stone, and Gary said even a sapphire would require a deeper asscher cut.

cellentani

Ideal_Rock
Sort of a profile...

IMG_9148.JPG

cellentani

Ideal_Rock
All in a row
3.gif

IMG_9185.JPG

cellentani

Ideal_Rock
the Mahenge spinel in shaded natural light:

IMG_9230.JPG

cellentani

Ideal_Rock
Blasting full sun!

IMG_9234.JPG

cellentani

Ideal_Rock
Okay, last one for now. Unless of course, I''m snowed tomorrow too!

IMG_9261.JPG

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Lovely range of colours! Uruguayan amethyst might be somewhat dark but nothing beats the blue and red flash that you can see.

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh hubba hubba hubba Cellentani!

I''m loving your Mahenge and the Intergem setting. I know it''s too big for the Mahenge but .............. *sigh*.

Your new Amethyst is very pretty and has a lovely cut. I can see what you mean about darkening but that''s a small price to pay for such a lovely gem. Very pretty. What are your plans?

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yummy collection! The mahenge is certainly eyecatching!

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
do you know the source location for your amethyst? on my monitor it appears to have both blue and red going on. i know the siberian mines ran out a long time ago but i have heard other source locations can exhibit this trait. you''re feedi my craving for one!

mz

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
MZ,
Only the Uruguay amethyst does both the blue and red flash at the same time, reminiscent of the Siberian material. I have a pair of Uruguay round amethysts cut by Richard Homer that does this too, but unfortunately, my photography skills are so poor that I am unable to show any flash at all.
9.gif

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
Thank you so much for the eye candy, cellentani! Love the Mahenge, the new ammy, and the zircon.

What a gorgeous collection you have.
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

Arkteia

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think I was the first one to respond to this post but for some reason it did not get through. (Why? There was no politics or anything that would be frowned upon). Well, wonderful stone, and such a beautiful cut! I also loved the green stone on your photograph. I bet you already showed it, but can I ask you what it is?

kas baby

Brilliant_Rock
30.gif
love it when you have picture heavy threads. imo you take some of the best and I never tire of seeing your lovely collection.

your ammy is gorgeous!

Kunzite

Brilliant_Rock
Cellentani you have an amazing collection!! I love the idea of purple in rose gold
30.gif

icekid

Ideal_Rock
cellentani- You always take such wonderful photos! Love the new ammy. And glad you were able to pass the storm with a photo shoot, too
9.gif
9.gif
36.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results