shape
carat
color
clarity

cabin fever + camera = gem photos: new amethyst, plus collection

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
thanks, chrono.......sigh, my photo skills w/color stones is less than ideal also....

mz

MonkeyPie

Ideal_Rock
I need an emotie that is drooling a huge puddle.

rosetta

Ideal_Rock
cellentani, i
30.gif
your stones!

great pics as usual as well!

Brown.Eyed.Girl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/7/2010 4:09:26 PM
Author: cellentani
All in a row
3.gif

LOVE this pic! Your stones are beautiful, Cellentani, and I just love that new amethyst! And Happy Birthday! Yours is only a few days after mine!
1.gif

cellentani

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/7/2010 4:15:30 PM
Author: Chrono
Lovely range of colours! Uruguayan amethyst might be somewhat dark but nothing beats the blue and red flash that you can see.
Thanks Chrono! I''d love to see those Richard Homer amethysts - and a pair?? Wow!
30.gif
Get that camera out!

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Well, I''m glad your gems kept you entertained on that horrible snowy day. You take such wonderful photos and really know how to show off color and facet patterns.

cellentani

Ideal_Rock
LovingDiamonds, you''re a hoot! I know exactly what you mean about the Mahenge and Intergem setting - I must confess to popping that stone in there, just to see how it looked. But you''re right, waaaay to big.

Thanks for your compliments, MTG!

MZ - your monitor is telling the truth - there are both red and blue flashes. Sometimes they''re there at the same time, but not always, and I love being able to see all the different nuances!

Hi Fly Girl!
35.gif
I think those are my favorite stones too, and I need to follow your example in getting some of them set.

crasru, sorry about your first post - it''s always so annoying when that happens! The green stone is a Peridot from Pakistan, cut by Gene Flanigan. Here''s the original thread, in case you want to see more.

Wow kas baby, that''s a high compliment indeed, given how many great pics are here - thank you!

Thanks Kunzite! And seeing your pretty rings today made me want to hurry up and get some of these set!

icekid - well, schools are closed tomorrow too. How are we going to pass the time?

cellentani

Ideal_Rock
Haha, thanks Monkey Pie - hope you''re doing well!

Hi rosetta, what a wonderful compliment, thank you!

BEG - I thought of you the other day - hope you had a wonderful B-day! And, your new graduation ring is lovely - are you seeing the light at the end of the tunnel yet?

Thanks, TL! You know, I''ve been reading all the camera posts with great interest, and while I believe that a more expensive camera might have a finer-tuned sensor, I also believe that good photographs are possible with something cheaper. It really depends a lot on being able to finess the other variables. All of my shots are taken with a $200 camera. And yes, my gems keep me very entertained, lol!

kas baby

Brilliant_Rock
what camera do you use? just for curiousity''s sake, of course
20.gif

lol, I need to know these secrets so I can share better pictures with fellow PSers in the future!
31.gif

cellentani

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/7/2010 10:41:30 PM
Author: kas baby
what camera do you use? just for curiousity''s sake, of course
20.gif

lol, I need to know these secrets so I can share better pictures with fellow PSers in the future!
31.gif
Hi kas - I have an old (prob 2yrs) Canon SD1000. Hubs has the newer SD1200, and it''s got practically the same features, with the addition of Image Stabilization. Mine does not have IS, but it hasn''t been too much of an issue.

DiaDiva

Brilliant_Rock
Cellentani, great shots and the colours of your stones make them absolutely delicious!!!

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love the new amethyst! Gorgeous collection!
30.gif

haagen_dazs

Brilliant_Rock
you are so fortunate to have such a beautiful collection =)

mochi

Ideal_Rock
Just gorgeous!! Your pictures are fantastic!!

Bella_mezzo

Ideal_Rock
awesome collection! I love that asscher zircon and that setting
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

CharmyPoo

Ideal_Rock
Wow wow wow! These photos are too amazing. I was wondering who picked up that amethyst cushion - so pretty.

I can''t wait to see you set all these stones. I have an Americana cut stone coming from Bob Kast - inspired by your morganite. That is my first stone purchase in a long time. I have been stopping myself from coming to the colored stones forum as I can''t resist.

Brown.Eyed.Girl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/7/2010 10:09:59 PM
Haha, thanks Monkey Pie - hope you''re doing well!

Hi rosetta, what a wonderful compliment, thank you!

BEG - I thought of you the other day - hope you had a wonderful B-day! And, your new graduation ring is lovely - are you seeing the light at the end of the tunnel yet?

Thanks, TL! You know, I''ve been reading all the camera posts with great interest, and while I believe that a more expensive camera might have a finer-tuned sensor, I also believe that good photographs are possible with something cheaper. It really depends a lot on being able to finess the other variables. All of my shots are taken with a $200 camera. And yes, my gems keep me very entertained, lol!

Hey Cellentani! I had a great birthday - well, more like birthday weekend, since the actual day was a weekday. How about you? And thank you! I''m definitely seeing the light - which is both exciting and absolutely terrifying!
3.gif

ma re

Ideal_Rock
Thnx for a huge eye-candy thread, they''re all beautiful!

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
18.gif
amazing stones cellentani! The amethyst is very very cool.

-A

brandy_z28

Brilliant_Rock
Gorgeous new stones cellentani!
36.gif
I think that amethyst would look great in rg!

cellentani

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/8/2010 12:42:52 AM
Author: Bella_mezzo
awesome collection! I love that asscher zircon and that setting
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
Thanks Bella. I''m almost certain that the zircon will go in that setting, but I''m dragging my feet on getting it done, simply because it''s so convenient to have an empty setting laying around try out new gems in! I wish I could have a RG and YG one too, just for that purpose.

Intergem Setting.jpg

cellentani

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/8/2010 12:55:46 AM
Author: CharmyPoo
Wow wow wow! These photos are too amazing. I was wondering who picked up that amethyst cushion - so pretty.

I can''t wait to see you set all these stones. I have an Americana cut stone coming from Bob Kast - inspired by your morganite. That is my first stone purchase in a long time. I have been stopping myself from coming to the colored stones forum as I can''t resist.
Hi Charmy
35.gif

I don''t think this ammy was on Gary''s site - it was something I''d asked him about since I wanted my birthstone for my birthday. I think I know the one you''re talking about though - that one was beautiful too (and ginormous!).

Wow, you''re getting an Americana cut from Bob? I spoke with him recently, and he said he''d been doing a lot of those cuts lately. Are you getting a morganite or a different stone? He mentioned cutting a lot of rubelite too. Please post your stone when you get it - I''d seriously LOVE to see it!

gingersnap

Rough_Rock
Date: 2/7/2010 11:54:47 PM
Author: haagen_dazs
you are so fortunate to have such a beautiful collection =)
We are fortunate that we get such beautiful pictures of the collection!
3.gif

But oh my! So many beautiful things in one place. I love that amethyst.

enbcfsobe

Brilliant_Rock
what a fabulous rainbow!!

fierypyropixy

Brilliant_Rock
I''m so late to the party. Uruguayan amethyst from Gary: love love love love love. And Happy Birthday!

Even though I STILL (don''t fuss!) haven''t gotten that whopper asscher set yet, your pictures make me want yet another from him. Hmmmmmmmmm . . .

Do you mind if I ask when you spoke with him about it? I had him put two bits of rough aside back when he went on hiatus for the holidays, to cut when he came back, and haven''t heard from him. Sort of wondering, since I tend to be antsy and anal-retentive, if I should bother him and ask about them, or if he''d be annoyed and think I was micromanaging. Just wondering if he''s still wading through a backlog of holiday orders . . .

Stone Hunter

Ideal_Rock
Premium
WOW your collection is just stunning!! Happy Birthday!!
36.gif

cellentani

Ideal_Rock
Thanks everyone for the birthday wishes and nice compliments - it''s really making up for being snowed in!

fierypyropixy - Haha, need another stone, eh? I completely understand how that goes!! I wouldn''t ever hesitate to contact Gary - believe me, I''ve sent him enough emails to be a real PITA, but he''s never been anything except super-nice and accommodating. Now I''m very curious to see what you''ve got cooking over at Finewater!

I took another look at your asscher amethyst, but couldn''t find any origin info - is it from Uruguay too?

fierypyropixy

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 2/8/2010 5:03:25 PM
Thanks everyone for the birthday wishes and nice compliments - it's really making up for being snowed in!

fierypyropixy - Haha, need another stone, eh? I completely understand how that goes!! I wouldn't ever hesitate to contact Gary - believe me, I've sent him enough emails to be a real PITA, but he's never been anything except super-nice and accommodating. Now I'm very curious to see what you've got cooking over at Finewater!

I took another look at your asscher amethyst, but couldn't find any origin info - is it from Uruguay too?

I think I will passive-aggressively wait for one more week and by then email him. I've been focusing on my OTHER pricey obsession, getting stocked up on my china patterns and crystal and flatware, so my wallet won't mind having to wait a little bit more LOL.

Yep, the asscher is Uruguayan. It shows darkly b/c one, I lack the camera skills/patience, and two, it's so deep. Yours shows those red and blue flashes much better . . . I'm considering a non-step cut in the same material to take advantage of that. I just love that Uruguay material, it's my favorite.

ETA: Haha, speak of the devil, Gary just contacted me. Wheeee, back on the gem train!

cellentani

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/8/2010 5:17:11 PM
Author: fierypyropixy

I think I will passive-aggressively wait for one more week and by then email him. I''ve been focusing on my OTHER pricey obsession, getting stocked up on my china patterns and crystal and flatware, so my wallet won''t mind having to wait a little bit more LOL.

Yep, the asscher is Uruguayan. It shows darkly b/c one, I lack the camera skills/patience, and two, it''s so deep. Yours shows those red and blue flashes much better . . . I''m considering a non-step cut in the same material to take advantage of that. I just love that Uruguay material, it''s my favorite.

ETA: Haha, speak of the devil, Gary just contacted me. Wheeee, back on the gem train!

Au contraire mon ami! I see lovely red and blue flashes in your photo, despite the depth! And how exciting that you heard from Gary - won''t be long now!

Pixy%20AmAsscher%2001.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results