shape
carat
color
clarity

Bracelet / Bangle design help?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/13/2009 1:35:01 PM
Author: Novel
I used to wear a bracelet with a bezel set lapis every day (until the stone snapped in half when I took it off at security at an airport) and because of the way the metal was shaped, it hardly ever moved around. I love those stones, and it would be great to be able to see them all the time!

I can''t find one that really looks like what I''m looking for, but something like this? With the stones set in the center and the connected to the body by hook closures? (someone, please help me with my terminology!)

ETA: Ack, huge, sorry!

Thankyou novel for the suggestion - actually I noticed a few styles like this on T&Co website, so I know what you are referring to.
1.gif

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/15/2009 9:23:37 PM
Author: arjunajane

Date: 12/13/2009 12:45:40 PM
Author: Fly Girl
I''ve been thinking about the same issue for using some of my gemstones. I also find bangles and cuffs hard to wear. The style which works for me are line bracelets. If you go to the Stuller site Link and search on line bracelets you will see what they have available. I''m pretty sure my jeweler can assemble a bracelet using gemstone links and non-gemstone links, since they make these designs on-site in their shop. It shouldn''t be difficult to do and with those Barry stones, it would look pretty awesome.

ah, thanks Flygirl for the pointer to Line bracelets! I have not considered this style and think they look pretty nice. I''m sure a handmade custom one would be very pretty.
Do you own anything like this already?

And when you say it works for you, do you mean in terms of wearability, aesthetics or both?

many thanks!
I own a couple of line bracelets (one is a rainbow sapphire-picture at the bottom of this thread Link, but the cost for having stones all the way around made me pause. I still think it would be a stunning piece, and it''s on my list for when my ship comes in.

Gailey

Ideal_Rock
AJ, if you have this custom made for your own wrist it ought not to move much. If you got Julia to hinge a cuff it could be really tight.

I loved the picture you posted.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results