shape
carat
color
clarity

Bezel setting sapphires?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

LtlFirecracker

Ideal_Rock
Sapphire ring thread

Stone loose

I will actually take more pics of it this weekend as I just got it back after making the jeweler fix the mutilation job he did to my setting.

I have a couple other bright small stones, and I would not send them back for larger ones (that extra mm can easily add $1000). What I do plan on doing is setting them so that they have a diamond halo, or something that gives more finger coverage. The color vs size is always a tough trade.

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Here's a pic of my sapphire bezeled. It was a light blue out of the bezel.
6.8 x 5.7 loose.

IMG6545.JPG

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/24/2009 8:45:21 AM
Author: MakingTheGrade
Here''s a pic of my sapphire bezeled. It was a light blue out of the bezel.

6.8 x 5.7 loose.

Thankyou MTG - can I ask what size that finger is?

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It is a 4.5, I have somewhat small hands..

Stone Hunter

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 9/24/2009 8:45:21 AM
Here''s a pic of my sapphire bezeled. It was a light blue out of the bezel.
6.8 x 5.7 loose.
That''s beautiful! Who did this setting and is the side open?

I keep coming back to this thread because I''d really like to bezel my color shift Spinel but I don''t want to mess with the color shift. Richard says it''s all about the cut. Others say only bezel a light to med sapphire -- no darker.

Another PSer mentioned the JM bezel settings and how open they are.

While I''m glad I went for color and not size I am limiting my choices to larger gems in the future. Unless I see something that I just can''t resist.
20.gif

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Stonehunter,

Thanks for the compliments! My bezel isn''t open on the side, it''s a very simple bezel and sits as low as possible (hence why I can wear it as a thumb ring).

Stone Hunter

Ideal_Rock
Premium
OK thanks! I didn''t realize that that one was your thumb ring! I love the color and setting.

bling addict

Brilliant_Rock
Hi AJ
Have you seen Woobugs gorgeous BGD three stone bezel ring? I''m not really answereing your question but I thought it was a gorgeous example of bezeled sapphires...

I love the look of the Gary stone you''ve be considering...I''ve admired it for awhile, but my fingers are large, so had size reservations...still waiting on my stones...thought my aqua would be here today (tracking it suggested it was)...but unfortunately I had an empty mail box

Looking foward to seeing what you decide

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/24/2009 11:03:45 AM
It is a 4.5, I have somewhat small hands..

Thanks MTG..that is very helpful, as your stone has similar proportions to the Gary B stone, plus I would be wearing it on a 5..I'm thinking more and more it's simply too small
7.gif
(for my purposes - yours looks lovely on your small hands!).

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
No problemo AJ :)

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results