shape
carat
color
clarity

#TBT Belle of the Ball

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Alistra, your stone and setting are perfect together and simply stunning! :love:
Wear in health and happiness!

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Your new diamond and setting are amazing, I love them :love: So lucky to find it locally, such a rare and magnificent ring.

I noticed in the profile photos you posted that two of the prongs are not touching the diamond :errrr: Please please get your setting looked at very soon to keep your beauty safe! With so many prongs its likely ok, but the right hand prong in the pics worries me!

alistraprongs.jpg

Alistra

Shiny_Rock
Thank you missy!

Thank you Dreamer_D!! I took another look at the mounting, and you are right about those pomgs :(( Good catch! On the plus side the shop is open today and fairly close to our house. Hopefully they can get that fixed today. I feel sick thinking about what could have happened. :knockout: Thank you again!

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
oh your Belle of the Ball is stunning! I hope you go to the LV PS GTG!!! :appl: :love: :love: :love:

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
There are some eagle eyed experts here! Dreamer, good going! :appl: :appl:

Alistra, I love the setting and the diamond is perfection.

lknvrb4

Ideal_Rock
Wow, just beautiful.

Alistra

Shiny_Rock
Thank you Skippy! I will actually be in Vegas next week, but I'm not sure I can make it back for the GTG :( That would be awesome though. I would love to meet other PS'ers and their lovely bobbles!

Thank you minousbijoux and lknvrb4!

Alistra

Shiny_Rock
We had some sun today, so I was able to capture some fun fire pictures :sun:

belle_3.jpg

belle_4.jpg

belle_5.jpg

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock
:love: :lickout: :love:
She just loves the sun!!! 8-)

GORGEOUS, Alistra!! What a beautiful ring - I love looking at Belle! Stunning - keep taking more sun/fire shots--- I don't think we'd ever get tired of viewing this stunning diamond!

vickygigi

Shiny_Rock
Belle is a real beauty! I love older cuts and definitely 3+ ct diamonds. Congrats to you!!!! Those sun shots are blinding. :naughty:

Alistra

Shiny_Rock
Enerchi, your enthusiasm really makes me smile! Belle and I had a lot of fun with our modeling sessions. She is very photogenic, so I am sure there will be more pictures to post soon. :bigsmile:

Thank you vickygigi!

ericad

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Your ring is GLORIOUS! IMO there's just nothing better than a big honking warm colored old cut. I love the faceting and the larger culet - just stunning. I bet it's a total fireball!

Alistra

Shiny_Rock
Thank you Erica! I agree that there really is something about larger warm colored old cuts. I hope to see many, many more pictures of your 3.48 cushion! :love:

pregcurious

Ideal_Rock
Beautiful!

Alistra

Shiny_Rock
Thank you pregcurious!

I hope this better answers Luxie's question from the first page of this thread. I am looking at Belle's GIA report, so I can give accurate information about the stone's proportions.

From the GIA report:

Old European Brilliant

3.11 carats

9.10 - 9.19 x 5.84 mm

Color O to P range

Clarity VS2

Table 48%

Depth 63.8%

Polish Good

Symmetry Good

Fluorescence None

My husband and I just got back from a quick trip to Las Vegas, so I will probably add a few pictures from Belle's adventures there.

Alistra

Shiny_Rock
I have a few more pictures from a sunny day in our yard.

I also have a few pictures from Las Vegas. I am debating if they merit their own thread, or if I should just add them here.

belle_pastel.jpg

belle_pastel2.jpg

belle_rainbow.jpg

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Alistra|1359759588|3370046 said:
I have a few more pictures from a sunny day in our yard.

I also have a few pictures from Las Vegas. I am debating if they merit their own thread, or if I should just add them here.

Wow- gorgeous! I love your new pics! :love: It looks amazing on your finger Alistra!! :appl:

Rosebloom

Ideal_Rock
Such a beautiful stone and setting!

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
What a show off! Kaching! Kaching! She sure knows how to take a money shot! Those outside pictures make me feel like Golum - "the ring, my precious..."

Anyway, congratulations again!

Alistra

Shiny_Rock
Thank you missy, Rosebloom and minousbijoux!

Alistra

Shiny_Rock
Here are a few quick pictures I took with my phone on our trip to Las Vegas. I felt a bit conspicuous/silly walking around with my hand out in front of me taking pictures :oops:

Enjoying the view at Hoover Dam

Hiking around Red Rock Canyon

Drinking an adult milkshake on the patio at the Wynn

Admiring a little sparkle on the patio at the Wynn

belle_hoover.jpg

belle_red_rock.jpg

belle_wynn.jpg

belle_wynn2.jpg

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
"Admiring a little sparkle on the patio at the Wynn"

...and she gets around too! :bigsmile:

gemgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh honey, you did a VERY good job of searching and finding "the" ring and stone for you! It looks fabulous on your hand! Congrats!

Alistra

Shiny_Rock
Minousbijoux, she will be taking another adventure to San Jose soon :))

Thanks gemgirl! I had a different feeling when I tried this ring on. All of the others no matter how pretty I was able to easily give back when I was done admiring them. I really wanted to take this one with me. My husband suggested I sleep on it though. I did and dreamed about the ring, so I went back and got her :D

ecf8503

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh that is GORGEOUS! Congrats!

Snicklefritz

Brilliant_Rock
Absolute stunner! :love: :love:

Alistra

Shiny_Rock
Thank you ecf8503 and Snicklefritz!

mimi123

Rough_Rock
Oh Alistra! What a perfect find! Talk about being in the right place at the right time :cheeky: Why don't they ever have nice BIG GORGEOUS diamonds like yours in any of the estate shops around where I live??? :((

Alistra

Shiny_Rock
Thank you mimi123! I was actually surprised by the beautiful antique and vintage diamonds and jewelry in the shops around here. There is a pretty good selection. Of course there is always more available online, especially in larger carat weights. I think that is true pretty much no matter where you live (NYC is probably an exception).

mama_monkey

Rough_Rock
Alistra, I am not usually a big carat lover, nor am I a simple solitaire lover, but WOWZA WOWZA! :love: :love: :love:

That is just a STUNNER!!!! Congratulations to you. :D

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results