shape
carat
color
clarity

#TBT Belle of the Ball

Alistra

Shiny_Rock
I just got this beauty yesterday, and I am still working on some photos that really capture her beauty and elegance. She is a 3.10 Euro O/P color and VS2 clarity in what I understand is her original circa 1915 platinum mounting.

I recently sold my Kwiat split shank halo to help fund an upgrade to a larger vintage stone. I started my search looking for a 2 carat+ Euro in a very ornate mounting. I wanted the works - milgrain, engraving, openwork. However, yesterday I ended my search by purchasing something very different. When I tried this lovely ring on, I felt like Cinderella sliding into the glass slipper. Not only was the ring already my size, but it just felt right and like it was the perfect fit for my hand. I have a simple casual style, and although I admire elaborate designs, they are not really "me."

I am pleased to introduce my lovely Belle to the Pricescope community! I will keep working on taking better pictures. She is an amazing, lively, firey diamond. She is a warmer stone, but in most lights she looks fairly white or vanilla tinted. The simple solitaire mounting lets her be the star of the show :love:

_2481.jpg

belle_box.jpg

belle_closeup.jpg

belle_profile.jpg

Mayk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gracious.... She is a true BEAUTY!!! Congratulations!!! Enjoy!!! :love: :love: :love:

motownmama

Ideal_Rock
Premium
WOW!! Where'd you get it??

Alistra

Shiny_Rock
Thanks Mayk!

Thanks motownmama! It is not from a PS vendor. I got her at a small shop here in Portland, Maloy's Jewelry Workshop, that mostly sells antique and vintage jewelry. They also do custom work.

JuneRose

Brilliant_Rock
Oh my goodness it's beautiful!! I really love that setting and of course the diamond is incredible! :love:

Alistra

Shiny_Rock
Thank you JuneRose! I can't seem to stop stealing glances at my hand :bigsmile:

ihy138

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
What a stunning piece. Thank you for sharing!

GemFever

Ideal_Rock
Trade
*swoon*

Beautiful! I think the setting is perfect. Congrats!

Alistra

Shiny_Rock
Thank you ihy138 and GemFever!

04diamond<3

Ideal_Rock
Wow!!! It's stunning!! I love the setting it's in as well! :love: :love: :love: :love: :love:

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Swaeeeet!!!! Did you stumble across it, or was it brought in for you?

cheers--Sharon

Rosebloom

Ideal_Rock
That is fantastic!!!! I love it! Gorgeous setting and stunning stone. Congrats!

Alistra

Shiny_Rock
Thank you 04diamond<3!

Thank you Canuk-gal! I had been looking around town and online. I had been meaning to go to Maloy's, but hadn't make it there yet. I was surfing their site along with some of my other usual haunts, and I saw that they had gotten a ring with a larger stone. When I went in I talked with the owner, and he said it is unusual for them to have anything in 3+ carats. The ring had just gone up on their site that morning, so I guess my timing was right on! :bigsmile:

yennyfire

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Amazing find! Belle is gorgeous! Congrats!

Alistra

Shiny_Rock
Thank you Rosebloom and yennyfire!

rosetta

Ideal_Rock
Umm GORGEOUS!!! :love:

lorrissey

Brilliant_Rock
HOLY MOLY, that ring is amazing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jereni

Brilliant_Rock
What a knockout! Love it love it love it.....

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock
Belle is AMAZING! Welcome, Belle, to PS and we hope to see a LOT more of you - shining and dancing on our screen, in every possible lighting situation!!!

Alistra/Grace Kelly (tee hee!) that is a serendipitous find - being at the right place at the right time - congratulations!! Enjoy - that's one incredible ring you have there! :love: :love: :love:

Luxie

Shiny_Rock
Wow what a beautiful and BIG diamond and I love the setting too! What is your ring size and do you have the stone's dimensions? I bet you cannot take your eyes off it! Congratulations! :appl:

KaeKae

Ideal_Rock
Premium
gorgeous!!! Congratulations. Wear her in good health.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That is sooo beautiful!!! :love: I love the setting and would love to see a more close-up shot of the profile!

ForteKitty

Ideal_Rock
Hellooooo beautiful!!! She's gorgeous, congratulations!!! :love:

GoldFish8

Shiny_Rock
WOWOWOW! :love: :love: :love:

The stone is soooooo beautiful & I really really really love the setting!!! Would love to see some more closeups!

Alistra

Shiny_Rock
Thank you so much for all of the lovely compliments! Also, thank you for letting me share my little treasure. I know that Belle is enjoying it too. She is such a playful diamond.

Thank you Enerchi for the warm welcome! I would be happy to continue playing with her and take more pictures.

Thank you so much rosetta, lorrissey, Jereni, KaeKae, ForteKitty,

Luxie, my finger size is 5.5. At the moment all I have are my initial notes from my phone (I'm a bad PSer I know!) 9.19 x 5.75

diamondseeker2006 and GoldFish8, I will work on getting more closeups.

Snicklefritz

Brilliant_Rock
Gorgeous diamond! And beautiful shots!

pandabee

Ideal_Rock
omg she truly is the belle of the ball!!! So gorgeous. Love the simple but delicate basket setting. Good to know what a ring that size would look like on my hand!! :naughty: :love:

stci

Ideal_Rock
Absolutely gorgeous! Congratulations! :love: :love: :love: :appl: :love: :love: :love:

Alistra

Shiny_Rock
Thank you pandabee and stci!

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Wow!! She's stunning! What a fantastic find and in a vintage setting to boot. Need closer pictures of that amazing looking profile.
Also random but I always used to see your name as one of the super original PS'ers but don't recall you posting that much previously (unless I am really remembering incorrectly) so it's so fun to see you post now. ESP posting 3c OEC's in vintage settings...one of my fave things. :love:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results