shape
carat
color
clarity

#TBT Belle of the Ball

Alistra

Shiny_Rock
Thank you Mara! I have much enjoyed admiring all of your lovely diamonds and rings, although I must say I like your current one the best. Such a knockout - especially in your newly refurbished mounting! :love:

It's funny that you remember that. Yes, I one of the first 50 something PS members (53 or 58 - I don't remember). I read PS pretty much every day, but I am a reserved poster. I can be pretty reserved in real life too, so at least I am being myself! At any rate it is fun to play, and like many people here I have few friends in real life who appreciate jewelry and diamonds.

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It is so beautiful! Congrats!

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It's a really amazing ring! Absolutely gorgeous!

woofmama

Ideal_Rock
What a wonderful find!!! Absolutely beautiful setting and stone! I love it :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love:

Wow, what a find! :love:

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Lovely! The setting looks unique too, even though it is a "simple solitaire" setting. I'd love to see more pictures! :naughty:

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
beautiful setting,beautiful stone!!

Natylad

Ideal_Rock
Premium
This is one gorgeous ring you've got there Alistra :love: :love: :love:
I understand what you mean, when you say that you love elaborate settings, because i like them so much myself, but i really think that a diamond in such a big size and with so much personality would be suffering and suffocating in an elaborate setting. This beautiful solitaire setting is the PERFECT setting for the specific diamond. And it's not the typical solitaire style, there are some gorgeous details that make all the difference and make it very special. I really like this ring...i keep looking and looking at it!
Congrats on such a wonderful acquisition and i hope you enjoy wearing it as much as we enjoy looking at it!!! :D ;-)

lknvrb4

Ideal_Rock
Beautiful, I love the setting! :love: :love: :love:

stargurl78

Ideal_Rock
Gorgeous diamond and I LOVE that setting!!!!! :love: :love: :love:

Circe

Ideal_Rock
Trade
What a treasure! I adore the faceting of the stone and the detailing of the setting - the line of the shoulder is wonderful. I hope you post many more pictures!

Alistra

Shiny_Rock
Thank you Laila619, junebug17, woofmama, VRBeauty, Dancing Fire, natyLad, lknvrb4, stargurl78, and Circe!

I tried to get some better closeups of the mounting. They did not come out as well as I had hoped, but hopefully they give you a better view!

belle_profileview.jpg

belle_sideview.jpg

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful stone Alistra! I have to tell you a funny story. Last year I took a friend to Maloys to have her diamond evaluated because it's a funky cut and very old and we wanted to see if we could find out anything about it. Anywhoo, I started talking with one of their gemologists about several of the set stones and nailed the color and cut on all of them. They offered me a job! :bigsmile: I told them my only experience was what I learned on a jewelry forum and what I learned from haunting stores looking at stones. They said I have an excellent "eye". If I lived in Portland, I would have taken them up on the offer.

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Beautiful! Looks perfect on your hand.

Cachette

Brilliant_Rock
Soooooo beautiful!!!!

Love the setting!!!! :love:

Enjoy!

Cachette :))

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow! I love the faceting pattern! :love:

BeachieBummie

Rough_Rock
Wow, wow, wow! Absolutely beautiful!

MrsM

Shiny_Rock
Love the vintage setting! It totally enhances the beautiful stone!

Alistra

Shiny_Rock
Matata, how cool that they offered you a job! Your time on PS and your excellent eye obviously serve you well :bigsmile: Too bad you don't live in PDX. Maloy's looks like it would be a fun place to work!

Thank you MC, Cachette, tyty333, BeachieBummie and MrsM!

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
OOOH!!! I love that profile ! and looks like bands would sit flush! Awesome.

Alistra

Shiny_Rock
Thanks Mara! There is a bit of a gap, but I don't mind it. I don't think my rose gold Tiffany Novo is a good match though. I may need a new band (or two) in the near future! :naughty:

belle_band.jpg

belle_band2.jpg

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock
I like that top down/birds eye view! The diamond is amazing on its own, but I love it in the setting. AND - even if you are looking for another band, it still looks pretty amazing with this one!

eh613c

Shiny_Rock
Premium
I love the profile pics. Congrats! :appl: :appl:

Alistra

Shiny_Rock
Thanks Enerchi! I love the look of rose gold and platinum together. It would be better for our bank account if I decide to hold off on a new band for a while. I tried the two on together last night, and asked my husband what he thought. He didn't think they went well together. I guess we'll see.

Thank you eh613c!

DecoHouse

Rough_Rock
Stunning!! A real chunky beauty. Wear it in much health and happiness :)

JaneSmith

Brilliant_Rock
What a gorgeous ring! Way to make a comeback Alistra!
I usually like mixing metals, but I do think you need to take advantage of hubby's opinion on this combo and get yourself another yummy band. :Up_to_something:

Demelza

Ideal_Rock
That diamond and that setting are amazing!! Such a unique solitaire -- that profile is beautiful! Congrats on a fabulous find!!!

Alistra

Shiny_Rock
Thank you DecoHouse and Demelza!

JaneSmith, thank you! My birthday is coming up next month. Since my husband doesn't seem to mind, perhaps I can find a lovely new band by then. :naughty:

advokait

Rough_Rock
This is absolutely stunning!!

Alistra

Shiny_Rock
Thank you advokait!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results