shape
carat
color
clarity

BAD experience with LOGR

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

chictomato

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Hi there just wanna share my latest unpleasant experience with LOGR.
I had submitted my best offer for a ring setting and stated clearly in the additional term section that I would like them to consider the offer price INCLUDING changing the 4 claws into rose gold. They had then accepted my offer at 8% lesser than BIN price and I proceed to pay for my purchase. However after payment I received an email from them asking for additional $30 labour charge)to have the basket change to rose gold. I replied with email stating that it is not fair as the terms were clearly stated in the very first place on the offer sheet. And the reply from them was 'it is not fair not to explicitly ask for it but just by implying it using misleading terms.'
In other words they are pointing the arrow at me now!! This is my last reply to them 'I will not use the statement 'misleading terms' as this term is
clearly stated in the offer sheet. you could well admit that you
overlooked it or that you do not wanna honor it.' I just feel that they are taking advantage after the deal is seal..I was thinking of buying in larger quantity from them but I realize that they are not the best people to work with.. I will be trying out other seller like jewelryhoo, lan bo etc.. will keep you guys update on the experiences:)

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I''m sorry this has happened Chic. From experience, LOGR always charge an additional labour charge for changes on top of the changes themselves. Why don''t you email Stephan and explain that you''re a member on here, thought that you were clear in the offer but would he consider meeting you halfway or something? I know it''s not what you had expected but you WILL get far better quality with LOGR than Ianbo/Jewelryhoo.

Just for reference (and you have to do this with Ianbo as well) you need to email first about each setting to find out the cost of any work you want doing and then put in your best offer quoting that it includes $ for X and $ for Y. I appreciate it''s not clear and is frustrating. The other thing to watch - and again this goes for all the sellers - make sure you''re clear because there can be language issues and double check everything they send back to you. Sometimes they get very confused and you need to be on the ball!

So sorry you''re not happy and I do hope you can get it resolved.

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
In each of their listings it states,

"This mount can be made in any size, in 14K/18K yellow, white or rose gold to fit a cushion stone of any dimensions through a private auction. Additional cost as low as $50."

It should probably be stated more clearly, but anytime you do a customization to a ring, and that includes two tone, it''s always at least $30.

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
What TL and LD is saying is true. Even if they agree with your terms there''s still the $30.00 labor charge. Trust, you won''t get them to throw that in for free.

-A

jewelz617

Brilliant_Rock
Yeah, I have purchased from them before. This $30 is pretty standard for any changes and their prices are already much lower and of better quality than many other comparable settings. Sorry you''re unhappy!

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
I''m sorry you''re having difficulties Chictomato. I would definitely email Stephen directly and explain that you''re a member here.

Sometimes his employees accept offers without reading the notes, so now I just offer $30 less than I wanted to ultimately spend if I need any customizations. Good luck!

chictomato

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Thanks to all the replies. Since this is the first unpleasant experience, and upon knowing the charges he offered to you guys. I believe that they have probably overlook my note and hence the misunderstanding..they are not trying to rip me off (like my initial thought). thanks:)

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 2/5/2010 9:35:49 AM
Author: chictomato
Thanks to all the replies. Since this is the first unpleasant experience, and upon knowing the charges he offered to you guys. I believe that they have probably overlook my note and hence the misunderstanding..they are not trying to rip me off (like my initial thought). thanks:)

I think "misunderstanding" probably captures it best. Bear in mind that the folks at LOGR probably aren''t native English speakers, some subtleties in your note might have been misunderstood.

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Well, my teddy is firmly out of my cot now.
29.gif

Why has he always charged me $50 labour??????

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Dunno, he charged me about that much on 2 of the rings I did. Maybe depends on design? Service charges like sizing stays in, even if they''re making it in anther gold.

Also too, I don''t know if it would matter totally but it could if there was a conversion fee for paypal. It would be something to ask about, IMO.

-A

brandy_z28

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 2/5/2010 12:52:19 PM
Author: LovingDiamonds
29.gif

I''ve been quoted both $50 and $30 labor fees. I am clueless as to why there would be a difference. Maybe just a different person doing the quoting? I always ask before I bid though just to make sure.

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
If he''s adding more gold and/or diamonds, then the labor fee will go up from $30. He charges me really $40 at the very least for any labor because I always need sizing

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
Yes, trying to include extra work in your initial offer does not work with this vendor. Sorry you found that out the hard way.

I don''t try to include extras in the BIN offer any more, because they just don''t understand that. Best to ask questions first, and get the prices of any extra work, then make the offer without any add-ons. But, you know what the extra cost will be since you have the e-mails. They will charge you the extra cost in addition to your BIN offer.

I''ve found that sizing is $10.

chictomato

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
29.gif

hi LD, I think that it all depends on the design of the setting:)

ps. I just find that your reply is so CUTE:)

AustenNut

Brilliant_Rock
29.gif

Don''t be too upset, I was charged $80 for my changes. I won my LOGR at auction, so maybe they were trying to recoup some of their costs. And I suspect it needed a few more diamonds too.

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I''ve been quoted higher than $30 estimates too if the amount of gold and/or diamonds must change. I think that''s understandable considering it''s adding more cost on to the piece. However, if you''re keeping the same size of the ring, and just doing two tone, or something that doesn''t affect the amount of gold or diamonds, it''s usually a straight $30 fee. Sizing is always an additional $10.

StonieGrl

Brilliant_Rock
I always follow LOGR postings because I cannot entirely figure out from their ebay site how the extras are communicated to them.
A. At what point in the buy or bid process does one do this? I''m thinking sizing of the ring, upgrading the diamonds, changing the gold color, or asking for a specific size for center stone (if you wanted them to generate a 10.5 space for a 10.5-mm stone).
B. I''m not a paypal fan. I''m planning to pay them their other option. Any of you done this as well?

Thank you. I apologize if I am asking anyone to reinvent the wheel. I did read some past postings on this very topic but the two questions above I cannot find the answers to, or I missed them entirely.

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 2/6/2010 11:47:39 AM
Author: StonieGrl
I always follow LOGR postings because I cannot entirely figure out from their ebay site how the extras are communicated to them.
A. At what point in the buy or bid process does one do this? I''m thinking sizing of the ring, upgrading the diamonds, changing the gold color, or asking for a specific size for center stone (if you wanted them to generate a 10.5 space for a 10.5-mm stone).
B. I''m not a paypal fan. I''m planning to pay them their other option. Any of you done this as well?

Thank you. I apologize if I am asking anyone to reinvent the wheel. I did read some past postings on this very topic but the two questions above I cannot find the answers to, or I missed them entirely.
Don''t worry it IS confusing. I don''t know what others do but I generally find a setting I like and then using the "contact the seller" link on the auction I email Stephan and ask how much it would be for X, Y, Z. Within a few days he comes back to me and normally lists out all the prices individually (which is good because you can then decide to drop one thing or another if you want). To do customisation work he also charges a fee of between $30 or $50 it seems!!! That''s non-refundable if you return the item.

I''ve always paid by paypal because you get slightly more protection - especially if the item doesn''t turn up - so I can''t help with the other payment options (sorry).

StonieGrl

Brilliant_Rock
LDiamonds, thank you, now I know what to do and when to do it!

I don''t like paypal because they have been hacked in the past, nothing against them per se other than that. I may get some kind of limited Visa debit card I can let them link to that won''t give someone access to my entire line of Visa credit...

HVVS

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 2/5/2010 3:20:20 AM
Author:chictomato

I had submitted my best offer for a ring setting and stated clearly in the additional term section that I would like them to consider the offer price INCLUDING changing the 4 claws into rose gold. They had then accepted my offer at 8% lesser than BIN price and I proceed to pay for my purchase. ...

Okay, if I am reading this right, the OP offered x dollars for the setting *with prong change,* and *in rose gold,* and LOGR accepted the offer and thus agreed to provide that exact configuration for x dollars. If that is what the offer clearly said, and what the seller clearly accepted, and the seller tries to back out of it, what I would do at this point is file a complaint with PayPal that the seller is not delivering the product. Sorry, LOGR, but accepting that offer accepted it at those terms stated by the bidder, and no weaseling or surcharging. If the seller does not agree to those terms, what the seller does is: He submits a **counteroffer** to the bidder, with the terms that the seller is willing to do the deal for. Accepting an offer is a done deal, d***it. That is the way the eBay policies read. NO WHINING, LOGR. Buyer, open a dispute with PayPal. An extra $50 or $30 loss is not significant to LOGR. Next time, they read better.

I don't think that there is an "implies" here. Acceptance is agreement with the terms. If LOGR won't do it at the amount you've paid, have them cancel the transaction and you start over with a new offer that spells out exactly what your terms are, or you do a credit card reversal and walk away. You also have to option to file negative feedback and they can't neg you but can put you on a blocked bidder list. But your friends can still bid, lol.

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/6/2010 8:01:38 PM
Author: HVVS

I had submitted my best offer for a ring setting and stated clearly in the additional term section that I would like them to consider the offer price INCLUDING changing the 4 claws into rose gold. They had then accepted my offer at 8% lesser than BIN price and I proceed to pay for my purchase. ...

Okay, if I am reading this right, the OP offered x dollars for the setting *with prong change,* and *in rose gold,* and LOGR accepted the offer and thus agreed to provide that exact configuration for x dollars. If that is what the offer clearly said, and what the seller clearly accepted, and the seller tries to back out of it, what I would do at this point is file a complaint with PayPal that the seller is not delivering the product. Sorry, LOGR, but accepting that offer accepted it at those terms stated by the bidder, and no weaseling or surcharging. If the seller does not agree to those terms, what the seller does is: He submits a **counteroffer** to the bidder, with the terms that the seller is willing to do the deal for. Accepting an offer is a done deal, d***it. That is the way the eBay policies read. NO WHINING, LOGR. Buyer, open a dispute with PayPal. An extra $50 or $30 loss is not significant to LOGR. Next time, they read better.

I don''t think that there is an ''implies'' here. Acceptance is agreement with the terms. If LOGR won''t do it at the amount you''ve paid, have them cancel the transaction and you start over with a new offer that spells out exactly what your terms are, or you do a credit card reversal and walk away. You also have to option to file negative feedback and they can''t neg you but can put you on a blocked bidder list. But your friends can still bid, lol.
HVVS - The offer is clear to you and me, but not to LOGR. We are just saying that if you actually want to do business with LOGR, this sort of offer simply doesn''t work. Arguing is not a pleasant way to do business, and that is what this kind of offer will lead to.

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 2/6/2010 1:53:10 PM

Date: 2/6/2010 11:47:39 AM
Author: StonieGrl

Don''t worry it IS confusing. I don''t know what others do but I generally find a setting I like and then using the ''contact the seller'' link on the auction I email Stephan and ask how much it would be for X, Y, Z. Within a few days he comes back to me and normally lists out all the prices individually (which is good because you can then decide to drop one thing or another if you want). To do customisation work he also charges a fee of between $30 or $50 it seems!!! That''s non-refundable if you return the item.

I''ve always paid by paypal because you get slightly more protection - especially if the item doesn''t turn up - so I can''t help with the other payment options (sorry).
That''s exactly what I do as well. There is a non-refundable $30 fee on all settings actually, whether there''s customization or not.

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 2/6/2010 8:43:49 PM
Author: Fly Girl

Date: 2/6/2010 8:01:38 PM
Author: HVVS

I don''t think that there is an ''implies'' here. Acceptance is agreement with the terms. If LOGR won''t do it at the amount you''ve paid, have them cancel the transaction and you start over with a new offer that spells out exactly what your terms are, or you do a credit card reversal and walk away. You also have to option to file negative feedback and they can''t neg you but can put you on a blocked bidder list. But your friends can still bid, lol.
HVVS - The offer is clear to you and me, but not to LOGR. We are just saying that if you actually want to do business with LOGR, this sort of offer simply doesn''t work. Arguing is not a pleasant way to do business, and that is what this kind of offer will lead to.
I look at it this way, when you win an auction, you win it for the base setting with no customizations nor upgrades, and a size 7. If you want something else, then he charges you an additional amount. He does not charge extra if you want the whole piece in another gold color though (not two tone, but a single color). I think that''s rather nice.

chictomato

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
"I look at it this way, when you win an auction, you win it for the base setting with no customizations nor upgrades, and a size 7. If you want something else, then he charges you an additional amount. He does not charge extra if you want the whole piece in another gold color though (not two tone, but a single color). I think that's rather nice. [/quote]"

Just fyi, other seller like jewelryhoo does not charge extra to have the whole piece in another gold color too (not two tone, but a single color):) I just have a feeling that LOGR is getting a little arrogant knowing that there is a group of 'supporter' like us, Pser. Just wanted to add, my upgrade fee is usually $30 because I have a very tiny ring size (size 3):)

HVVS- honestly I do not wanna kick a big fuss as I still anticipate future purchase with Logr.., hopefully this thread helps Pser be more aware that there could be problems like this arising.

chictomato

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Hi all! I had just received my setting in rose gold head and wg shank..and I have to say that I am a little disappointed. I was kinda surprise that the basket was only rose-gold plated. It seems like its ''painted'' on with the bottom edges still showing some wg base..(if you can visualize what I am trying to say). I thought that adding on the $35-50 should mean that the head is a SOLID rose gold? I had sent Logr an email but it seems like they are off for the holiday..one more thing, I had my diamonds upgraded before and this time round I tried to keep it as it is. And I have to say that there is a big difference between upgraded and non-upgraded diamonds. Basically, there is minimum to no brilliance in the non-upgraded diamonds. So I strongly suggest that to upgrade the diamond for future Logr purchases.

cellentani

Ideal_Rock
Sorry to hear you''re disappointed, chictomato - do you have any photos of the setting? I''d be very interested in seeing it. I''d be quite surprised if the head was plated - I didn''t experience anything like that with my 2-tone pieces. Do you think the WG you''re seeing at the base could be solder material?

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Stephen will actually tell me if he has to plate something rather than make it a solid two tone piece. I would ask him if it was plated, it might not really be.

cellentani

Ideal_Rock
Do you actually have some plated pieces, TL?

chictomato

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Date: 2/11/2010 8:58:24 AM
Author: cellentani
Sorry to hear you''re disappointed, chictomato - do you have any photos of the setting? I''d be very interested in seeing it. I''d be quite surprised if the head was plated - I didn''t experience anything like that with my 2-tone pieces. Do you think the WG you''re seeing at the base could be solder material?

I have to say that it certainly looks cheap.. I am sorry that I can''t take any photos, as I had them all packed and ready to return as soon as I saw it (before logr actually reply) I will have it ship back first thing tomorrow, before the Lunar New Year holiday.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results