shape
carat
color
clarity

Back to Daniel K, did i finally find my upgrade???

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/9/2008 12:59:23 AM
Author: door knob solitaire

And if you don''t get it, let me know, I will PUSH TGAL outta the way...cause well, I WANT IT!!!! I wish I were there, I would lick it and claim it as my own!!
Sitting here CRACKING THE HECK UP at the image of DKS PUSHING a PREGNANT and DETERMINED T-Gal out of the way to get to the ring... and LICK it. *SNORTING MERRILY*

I don''t know which one I''d put money on.
11.gif

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/9/2008 1:04:13 AM
Author: Gypsy

And if you don't get it, let me know, I will PUSH TGAL outta the way...cause well, I WANT IT!!!! I wish I were there, I would lick it and claim it as my own!!
Sitting here CRACKING THE HECK UP at the image of DKS PUSHING a PREGNANT and DETERMINED T-Gal out of the way to get to the ring... and LICK it. *SNORTING MERRILY*

I don't know which one I'd put money on.
11.gif
What the hell do you mean, you don't know which one you'd put your money on? Hello? It's 2 to 1...she's outnumbered. I can sit on her...

ETA, changed to say "sit ON her" instead of sit her on her...hehehehe...

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/9/2008 1:07:34 AM
Author: TravelingGal

Date: 2/9/2008 1:04:13 AM
Author: Gypsy

And if you don''t get it, let me know, I will PUSH TGAL outta the way...cause well, I WANT IT!!!! I wish I were there, I would lick it and claim it as my own!!

I don''t know which one I''d put money on.
11.gif
What the hell do you mean, you don''t know which one you''d put your money on? Hello? It''s 2 to 1...she''s outnumbered. I can sit her on her...
OMG, cracking up here, thanks for the laugh!!
3.gif

door knob solitaire

Ideal_Rock
GET BACK!!! Walk away from this subject! I am warning you!

Don''t make me tell my story again...!! You have no idea how much determination is behind me. Once I get my replacement ...I DON''T CARE HOW I HAVE TO GET IT...or who I have to bulldoze..

What''s an extra few pounds or added girth to me? Nothing can keep me down!

So whatz it gonna be, Mrs S...??? You saying yes, or me licking it, or The attact of the weeble wobble?

please tell me you know what a weeble is? here is a weeble, more just in case

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/9/2008 1:31:56 AM

Don''t make me tell my story again...!! You have no idea how much determination is behind me. Once I get my replacement ...I DON''T CARE HOW I HAVE TO GET IT...or who I have to bulldoze..

So whatz it gonna be, Mrs S...??? You saying yes, or me licking it, or The attact of the weeble wobble?

I''m pregnant. I''m also armed with gas.

Be. Very. Afraid.

door knob solitaire

Ideal_Rock
Fine. Tear gas...is no laughing matter. You are serious.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/9/2008 1:42:15 AM
Fine. Tear gas...is no laughing matter. You are serious.
And the metal images are just rolling by... now, not only with voices, but with scents too!

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
oh my gosh, i get out of the house for one night and come back to you all just completely cracking me up...dks, t-gal...too funny
9.gif

i''ll go back and try to hit individual questions in a sec but just wanted to say thank you to all of you for your kind words and overwhelming support to GO FOR IT. no peer pressure or anything
3.gif

I promise to get some more pics today and try to enlarge them for better close-ups. thanks to andrey my first GIANT pic was replaced with one that was easier to see but I''ll see if I can find a happy middle ground.

surfgirl- you are a hoot. i wear a 3.5-4 so yes, baby hands, but they do come in handy when sporting diamonds
31.gif

alj- so sweet of you to chime in. I know you were a part of the saga way back when and it really means so much to have your support. you probably don''t remember but in a thread where I had moved on past the DK and was on to something else, you asked me again why I wasn''t getting the DK because that was the ring I truly loved. at the time I never expected my journey to bring me back here but you are correct that just taking a little time and having a little patience really can make dreams come true..

cutey, let me know what you find out
31.gif
although I absolutely ADORE MB so not a bad chose there if you got that route.

isaku- honestly, i think i''m still in shock. i just never expected to open the box and be completely blown away like i was. i mean i''ve been on the hunt for YEARS and have loved so many rings. my hubby was even worried to put down the cash b/c i was so prone to changing my mind. I''ve got documented proff thanks to this forum that the DK was always on the top though. I told him I''d be happy to go through all my old posts and print out every time I said, if we when the lotto, I''d get a DK ring. i''m also 7 months preggo so jumping for joy doesn''t look very flattering
9.gif
just wait until after the baby is here though and that ring is in my size so i can actually WEAR it
9.gif

shay- thanks so much for chiming in twice
9.gif

ellen- you know mrsSmith could NEVER go against her very own tag line now. what would all the folks i''ve guilted into not settling say
6.gif

thanks snlee, mela lu, kim, rhino, and impatientOne.

FG and Deejay- you both have been so supportive of all my crazy..what to you think of this?? emails. i don''t know what your inboxes will do without me
9.gif

thanks spark, erica, sundial, lumpkin, lauren, and deelight.

dem- forgot to email you with the heads up, sorry but i''m glad you like it..

mara-you are a hoot. the camera really does make it look bigger than it does in real life, but it definetly isn''t small. i''m hoping this will keep the shrinkage disease off for a looooooong time. i think DS responded but as for sizing, DK will get it back and see if they will size it down, if not, they will remake the setting in my size. my guess is it will have to be remade b/c although it''s not full eternity, it is 3 sided pave. i''ll find out for sure next week i think.

lynn- you crack me up...my fingers aren''t THAT small girl. and you are 1000% right about Bill, he really took care of me on this one...xoxo to Bill P!!!

thanks Gemma, missrocks and flygirl for chiming in.

Gypsy- your post made me grin from ear to ear. you are just too sweet to even think of me when seeing DK. I still can''t believe all this myself.

thanks kay, skippers, diamond dana for jumping in too...

Tgal- we still don''t have a middle name
41.gif

Will get more pics up today!!! thanks again everyone!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

DKS, very seriously, would you be interested in these rings? This would be the ideal way for ANYONE looking for a ring to get a top designer brand at a very attractive price. Bill told us that he has many more items coming, so there''ll probably be some contenders for you. But MrsS is getting the best one...and I am taking it if she changes her mind!!!! (which is EXTREMELY unlikely)!!!

dani13

Ideal_Rock
OMG, this thread is hysterical!!!

Can I ask, where are the Daniel K pieces coming from?

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/9/2008 8:28:15 AM
Author: diamondseeker2006

DKS, very seriously, would you be interested in these rings? This would be the ideal way for ANYONE looking for a ring to get a top designer brand at a very attractive price. Bill told us that he has many more items coming, so there''ll probably be some contenders for you. But MrsS is getting the best one...and I am taking it if she changes her mind!!!! (which is EXTREMELY unlikely)!!!

DKS, he''s got some 2-3 carat rings coming in that would replace the doorknob VERY nicely
31.gif

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
Dani, it's my understanding that they are stock from a jeweler who is going out of business. oh and thank you for you earlier words of support too...

dani13

Ideal_Rock
WOW. that's great, MrsS!!! I cant wait to see the new pics....I know you're busy, but can you pretty please post some shots soon before I have to go to my friends wedding shower? lol!!!
2.gif

eta: I have to say, if I ever traded in my EC for another ring, a cushion with a halo like yours would definitely be it! I just love it!!!

Allison D.

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/9/2008 8:26:11 AM
Author: mrssalvo

alj- so sweet of you to chime in. I know you were a part of the saga way back when and it really means so much to have your support. you probably don''t remember but in a thread where I had moved on past the DK and was on to something else, you asked me again why I wasn''t getting the DK because that was the ring I truly loved. at the time I never expected my journey to bring me back here but you are correct that just taking a little time and having a little patience really can make dreams come true..
9.gif
9.gif
9.gif

My dear, of *course* I remember that thread........and I vividly remember at the time saying "you know that''s the one you love, why settle for something else? Just keep putting pennies in a jar and work toward what your heart''s desire is."

YAAAYAYAYAYYAYAYAYAY!

I''m just SO SO SO elated for you.

Good things happen to good people, and good things happen to those who have enough patience to let them happen. You met this on both fronts, and it looks like you''ve been justly rewarded!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

You DO realize now that this is gonna require a MASSIVE thread in SMTR once you get it sized? AT LEAST 10 pages of pictures, OK? I''ll even come for a photoshoot if need be!
9.gif

My most heartfelt congratulations to you, sweetie! YAY

rainydaze

Ideal_Rock
Premium
OH MY GOSH, MRSS!!!! I DON''T KNOW HOW ON EARTH I MISSED THIS, BUT MY DH IS TRYING TO GET ME OUT THE DOOR.... wait, i''ll stop yelling. my DH is trying to get me out the door and i have grown ROOTS!! i fell OFF MY CHAIR when i saw this ring .... it is TO DIE FOR on your hand!! oh i am so over the moon for you, this is really a wonderful thing to happen to a wonderful lady! i hope you love it as much as we all do, and that it really does make your dream come true!!!

YAAAAY MRSS!!! YAAAAAY Bill Pearlman!!!!!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

oh man, that ring is just
18.gif
30.gif
31.gif
18.gif
9.gif
23.gif
30.gif
31.gif
18.gif
30.gif
23.gif
30.gif

door knob solitaire

Ideal_Rock
MrsS...you know you are loved
emlove.gif
by a country mile by each and everyone of us (some of us are more rock and roll than country but we love you the same...). I hope all of our enthusiasm and pokes at you and others express to you how excited we all are. Our interest is to encourage you and share in your excitement.

I am sure all of us would charge to the door to get into to be the first to the loot...but when we all get there, we will cheerfully, gladly, without reservation step aside to assure you got the cream of the crop. And nothing would please us more than to see you get what your heart desires.

All kidding aside, I apologize for the taking the spotlight from you in this lighthearted fun way...because in all seriousness...we really hope your decision is the right one FOR YOU! Kiss Kiss.

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
Mrs. S.

Please post more pictures soon, of that beautiful ring of yours. I am NOT through drooling yet.
9.gif

Linda

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
thanks rainy...

DKS, I enjoy every post you write so please do not apologize for joining in the spotlight, there is plenty of room for everyone..

linda, I will try to get more pics up soon. i did take a couple more just to compare a 1 carat stone of my original wedding set and the DK. I''ll post those and I promise to get some fun shots in different lighting later today and tomorrow.

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
my original wedding holds a 1 carat round. I thought I''d take a couple of pics of it next to the DK ring so you all can see the size difference between the stones. the round is 6.5mm...i don''t have the cert on the cushion yet so i''m not sure the dimentions but you can see it''s a pretty big jump and the halo just adds to the allusion of large ring
9.gif

dkcompto1caratround1.jpg

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
one more...

comppicdk1carat2.jpg

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
Mrs. S. Your ring is droolworthy. I am so in love with your ring. It is huge on your tiny fingers. I bet you stare at if as often as you can.. I know I sure would. It is truly one beautiful ring.

Linda

turtledazzle

Brilliant_Rock
Oh my goodness -- how did I miss this yesterday?!?! MrsS -- it''s truly gorgeous. I''m so happy you waited patiently for what you really wanted!!! Yay!!!

snlee

Ideal_Rock
Wow, what a difference! Talk about finger coverage! It looks absolutely fabulous on you mrssalvo! Gorgeous! I love it!
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
I can''t wait to see more pictures!
36.gif

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Its so beautiful. I really hope you keep it.
1.gif

Lynn B

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/9/2008 2:34:24 PM
my original wedding holds a 1 carat round. I thought I''d take a couple of pics of it next to the DK ring so you all can see the size difference between the stones. the round is 6.5mm...i don''t have the cert on the cushion yet so i''m not sure the dimentions but you can see it''s a pretty big jump and the halo just adds to the allusion of large ring
9.gif
Ummm, heeeellllllo?! That is NO ILLUSION, my dear!!! That''s one B*I*G honkin'' ring! And you know how I adore BIG and HONKIN'' !!!
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

PS Hmmmm... Jacob DANIEL Salvo... I like it!!!
2.gif
1.gif
9.gif

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
WOWWWWW!!!!!!! This is seriously one of the most beautiful rings I''ve ever seen, I would kill for a daniel k!!! I am so thrilled for you!! I hope you innundate a future thread with pictures so I can drool!

hlmr

Ideal_Rock
Just popping in to oogle your ring again!!
30.gif
Hopefully it will be sized and back on your finger in no time!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 2/9/2008 3:46:57 PM
Author: Lynn B

my original wedding holds a 1 carat round. I thought I'd take a couple of pics of it next to the DK ring so you all can see the size difference between the stones. the round is 6.5mm...i don't have the cert on the cushion yet so i'm not sure the dimentions but you can see it's a pretty big jump and the halo just adds to the allusion of large ring
9.gif
Ummm, heeeellllllo?! That is NO ILLUSION, my dear!!! That's one B*I*G honkin' ring! And you know how I adore BIG and HONKIN' !!!
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

2.gif
1.gif
9.gif
Lynn, are you naming her baby after Daniel K??????????????????????????????????
9.gif

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/9/2008 11:20:35 PM
Author: diamondseeker2006

Date: 2/9/2008 3:46:57 PM
Author: Lynn B

my original wedding holds a 1 carat round. I thought I'd take a couple of pics of it next to the DK ring so you all can see the size difference between the stones. the round is 6.5mm...i don't have the cert on the cushion yet so i'm not sure the dimentions but you can see it's a pretty big jump and the halo just adds to the allusion of large ring
9.gif
Ummm, heeeellllllo?! That is NO ILLUSION, my dear!!! That's one B*I*G honkin' ring! And you know how I adore BIG and HONKIN' !!!
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

2.gif
1.gif
9.gif
Lynn, are you naming her baby after Daniel K??????????????????????????????????
9.gif
It flows well. I like it.
4.gif

MsSalvo, I'm so happy you got a smile out of my post! I was just peaking back in for more Daniel K bling-****.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results