shape
carat
color
clarity

August Cushion Cut- Is L too yellow?

honor

Rough_Rock
diamondseeker2006|1397280945|3652229 said:
That is great that you are looking at the measurements instead of weight!

You have good taste in settings, although those are also expensive ones! I unfortunately like expensive ones, too! I think the only thing you are going to run into is that those rings had 2.6-3 ct center AVC stones, so I am not sure how either setting will look with stones that are much smaller. I think there is an AV thread around here, so that might show you some additional size diamonds in various settings.

thank you for all your wonderful input diamondseeker2006, hmmm that is something to think about.

lknvrb4

Ideal_Rock
I have a J cushion and I see a tint in it. The time that is looks most tinted is in the car for some reason.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
lknvrb4|1397298766|3652254 said:
I have a J cushion and I see a tint in it. The time that is looks most tinted is in the car for some reason.

Same with my I color stone. But I am almost positive it is because the light is coming through tinted windows. The car is definitely my least favorite place to see my stone unless the window is open and my hand is near the window!!!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
honor|1397281719|3652234 said:
diamondseeker2006|1397280945|3652229 said:
That is great that you are looking at the measurements instead of weight!

You have good taste in settings, although those are also expensive ones! I unfortunately like expensive ones, too! I think the only thing you are going to run into is that those rings had 2.6-3 ct center AVC stones, so I am not sure how either setting will look with stones that are much smaller. I think there is an AV thread around here, so that might show you some additional size diamonds in various settings.

thank you for all your wonderful input diamondseeker2006, hmmm that is something to think about.

You are most welcome! I sincerely love AV stones and I have given them a lot of thought over the years! :bigsmile: I do love them in halos which really helps boost size.

honor

Rough_Rock
well, after a lot of thought, I went ahead and bought it! GOG sent another video of it and I just fell in love. I can not wait to see it in person. Now I need to figure out its setting. Does anyone have experience with GOG and custom settings? They are so great to work with, I would love to give them the business.
I would love to do a taper french but setting, like LM sophia's setting…any advice about custom settings' is very welcomed!

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
CONGRATS!

Andelain

Ideal_Rock
Dreamer_D|1397232673|3651816 said:
You need to see it to know. Have it shipped to you loose first, and make up your own mind. My old cut is in the K range and I love it. I did own an M color AVC for a while and for me it was more tinted than I wanted. You can only know how you feel in person.

This right here. Only you can decide if you like that color or not.

lioness

Brilliant_Rock
Please post pics the second it's in your hands!

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congrats, post lots of pics of it and what you think about it colourwise. Lots of people are colour sensitive and lots are not, it's a very subjective and personal choice!!!!

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congrats with your cushion!!! I am sure you will be thrilled with it.
As for the setting: Leon Mege and Victor Canera do not work with the August Vintage stones as they sell their own line of vintage stones. GOG also made a settting like that. I will see if I can find a pic.

I have the Sophia by VC myself so I am completely biased to this setting :naughty:
Found the GOG pics! According to their FB the setting will be around 5.000$ which is much 'cheaper' than with LM or VC. (Although GOG might have raised the price by now... And it is difficult to compare as it all comes to number and carat weight of stones, high dome vs regular french cuts, metal used, craftmanship etc).
You could also inform with steven Kirsch.

People who have experience with the GOG settings will hopefully chime in soon. And I now remember that ERD made this setting in the past as well.

_17424.jpg

_17425.jpg

_17426.jpg

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
... And some ERD pics. It never hurts to request multiple quotes.

_17427.jpg

_17428.jpg

_17429.jpg

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ah... High Performance Diamonds posted this one in the Trade Members thread. It has carre cuts instead of frenchies:

_17433.jpg

_17434.jpg

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congrats, very exciting! Please post pics and let us know what you think when you get it!

OECrystal

Shiny_Rock
GOG has their "Perfection" setting that is very nice. When they quoted me a few months back it was ~5 for CAD and ~7 for hand forged. But please ask them direct for a quote! I believe each is custom made, so if there are design elements you want changed then you can inquire about it.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=01byjJ5Wm9w

WinkHPD

Ideal_Rock
Trade
momhappy|1397240678|3651883 said:
diamondseeker2006|1397231965|3651805 said:
I have had an August Vintage Cushion in L and M color in my hands, and yes, they have a little tint. I would equate it to something like gingerale. They are incredibly beautiful! I would go for an L especially if I were putting it into an antique style setting.

The biggest advantages of an AVC over an antique cushion is that they are cut to have great light performance and they will usually face up larger. Your video showed that well. That two carat G cushion was visibly smaller than the 1.7 AVC!!!!

I honestly would not really want a high color in an AVC. I'd prefer something in the I-J-K-L range. My e-ring is an AVR (round) in I color, and I do prefer H-I color in those.

Here is my thread with some pictures that I think will help you. The solitaire e-ring on top has a G color diamond. The more rectangular AVC is M color and the more square one is L color.

[URL='https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/some-avcs-came-to-visit-me-today.179824/']https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/some-avcs-came-to-visit-me-today.179824/[/URL]

Some of the posts in this thread have got me curious - are there really people who can't "see" color in a diamond or is it just that there are people who don't care about color and choose to ignore it? The picture posted in this post by diamondseeker2006 is a great example and to me, the color differences are extremely obvious. I would be curious to know if anyone would look at that picture and genuinely not have the ability to see the differences in color?

I have been traveling so I am coming late to this thread and hope this comment has not already been hashed out below. If so, sorry. If not, I believe this is a worthy comment to comment upon, so here goes.

Generally, most people will be able to see the difference. I have dealt in my career with some who could not. There are varying degrees of color blindness in our population and while they do not perceive the color, they perceive the beauty of the sparkle.

Of those who can see the color I do not believe that it is a question of seeing the color and just ignoring it. I have found that many many people actually prefer some color in their diamond. One of our respondents above noted that for her an L was just right but an M was too yellow. That is a perfectly valid choice, FOR HER. What will your choice be? Only YOU can say.

Fortunately, you are working with a vendor who I believe has a good return policy and trade up policy. Why do I say I believe? Because I have never actually read it. However, many people here swear by him and how fair he is, so he must. I do know this though, if you call him and ask, he will tell you exactly what your look and see rights are, and you will feel completely comfortable if you decide you want to see this diamond that you can indeed look at it and then either keep it or return it. No Internet vendor without such a policy will last long or sell many diamonds.

I wish you an exciting time while you search for and look at diamonds and that you will be thrilled with your eventual choice. In the mean time, ENJOY THE CHASE.

Wink

Anonymous_1

Rough_Rock
OECrystal|1398612152|3661209 said:
GOG has their "Perfection" setting that is very nice. When they quoted me a few months back it was ~5 for CAD and ~7 for hand forged. But please ask them direct for a quote! I believe each is custom made, so if there are design elements you want changed then you can inquire about it.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=01byjJ5Wm9w

Oh my. That video is downright sexy. :cheeky:

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Honor and congratulations, I truly hope you like it. I LOVE my 'K"... I like old cuts better.. I like the chunky facets vs the many facets.. it's all about what YOU like :) I like any setting that has claws vs regular prongs and if I were to reset my cushion in a ring it would be single claw..

:wavey: :wavey:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KNRJGAT21Es&feature=youtu.be

this is my stone.. the little video that David sent me.. I was concerned about the K color but I truly can't see any color - yellow - unless I go in the bathroom and turn it upside down.. I do like old cuts and maybe a bit of warmth doesn't affect me.. I wish I could buy an AVR.. if I win the lottery.. I will buy a 2.00 H AVR.. can't wait.. !! ;-)

honor|1398479809|3660324 said:
well, after a lot of thought, I went ahead and bought it! GOG sent another video of it and I just fell in love. I can not wait to see it in person. Now I need to figure out its setting. Does anyone have experience with GOG and custom settings? They are so great to work with, I would love to give them the business.
I would love to do a taper french but setting, like LM sophia's setting…any advice about custom settings' is very welcomed!

honor

Rough_Rock
I'm super excited!! It will be here this week and once I get it I'll post lots of photos. GOG has a fantastic return and trade in policy so I really felt like it was risk free to buy it. I had another stone I was looking at through LM but ultimately they were so difficult to work with and ultimately pulling some questional practices in pricing I went with GOG. In the end, customer service should be rewarded and I don't care how amazing the product, this process should be fun. GOG makes the process do fun and so easy( so far).
I will be getting a quote from ERD for his version of the french stone setting, I already got one from GOG and yes it's 5000 for CAD. Do you think there would be a big difference between the CAD and hand forged version of this particular setting?
I love pricescope and all the help it's members lend!!

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
honor|1398651194|3661564 said:
I'm super excited!! It will be here this week and once I get it I'll post lots of photos. GOG has a fantastic return and trade in policy so I really felt like it was risk free to buy it. I had another stone I was looking at through LM but ultimately they were so difficult to work with and ultimately pulling some questional practices in pricing I went with GOG. In the end, customer service should be rewarded and I don't care how amazing the product, this process should be fun. GOG makes the process do fun and so easy( so far).
I will be getting a quote from ERD for his version of the french stone setting, I already got one from GOG and yes it's 5000 for CAD. Do you think there would be a big difference between the CAD and hand forged version of this particular setting?
I love pricescope and all the help it's members lend!!

Mmm, tricky one. Well, according to GOG's FB, the setting in the pics above would cost 5.000 $... So I would guess this is their CAD version? It looks great in the pics and video. Mine is handforged by VC and (based on the pics) the settings look much alike. I would ask them to be sure.

In this thread from Yssie you will find examples of the handforged versions: [URL='https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/the-2011-trend-the-french-sides-collection.161358/']https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/the-2011-trend-the-french-sides-collection.161358/[/URL]

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results