shape
carat
color
clarity

Are there any nice thanksgiving/back friday sales from usa vendors?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

jstarfireb

Ideal_Rock
I''m still waiting for the Etsy seller to replace my tsav, but in the meantime, I figured I could use another in case the replacement isn''t a great stone. I found this little 0.3ct gem on Lisa Elser''s sale catalog; she says the bluish tint is true to life, and the veil isn''t eye-visible. It was sent on the 8th by Priority mail so hopefully should be arriving today!

Resize of Tsav-G-Oval-0715.jpg

JustLikeYou

Rough_Rock
Dana started finally posting some new stuff on his site, now that he says he''s feeling better. Only in two categories... but some of them are BEAUTIFUL! There''s a sapphire in the Most Recent Cut category that''s just under 5 carats that looks STUNNING!

Largosmom

Brilliant_Rock
cushioncutnut...wondering if you sent the trio of spess back and why? They are showing as available.

Laura

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
JTV is having a sale right now. I know some people on this forum do buy from their vault collection. The discount code is HOLIDAY15 to get 15% off.

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 12/12/2009 1:02:33 PM
Author: jstarfireb
I''m still waiting for the Etsy seller to replace my tsav, but in the meantime, I figured I could use another in case the replacement isn''t a great stone. I found this little 0.3ct gem on Lisa Elser''s sale catalog; she says the bluish tint is true to life, and the veil isn''t eye-visible. It was sent on the 8th by Priority mail so hopefully should be arriving today!
Pretty tsavorite Jstar. My new tsavorite has a veil inclusion like that. It''s not noticable face up.

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 12/4/2009 3:35:30 AM
Author: mariedtiger
I just got this, and I'm so happy. I've been stalking this gem for a whole year, not even wanting to inquire about it to fend off temptation. But now...
11.gif
11.gif
11.gif
I'm so glad you bought that stone MT. I've been oogling it on Gene's site for a long time. I know you'll make some fabulous piece of jewelry with it You have such creative and unique taste in design.

jstarfireb

Ideal_Rock
Thanks TL! Unfortunately it seems that the world is conspiring against my getting a tsavorite...between the first cracked one and this one being way late for priority mail (was sent last Wednesday!). The tracking site says it will be delivered tomorrow, but I went to the post office tonight to try to intercept it, and they couldn''t find it. It frustrates me to no end that it didn''t arrive while I was home to pick it up, and now I have to work 3 day shifts in a row starting tomorrow...so I have no idea when I''ll be able to get it.
40.gif

Stone Hunter

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Jstar -- GREAT looking color! Hope you get it soon.
21.gif

Cushioncut -- I wanna know too! What was wrong with them?

Date: 12/14/2009 8:57:48 PM
Author: Largosmom
cushioncutnut...wondering if you sent the trio of spess back and why? They are showing as available.

Laura

Largosmom

Brilliant_Rock
I received TWO packages today...my amethysts are in from Gary at Finewater, and my package from Dana arrived! The cut on these is amazing, I hope I can get some pictures for you to see...my better macro camera, my point and shoot, has dead batteries and I need to locate the charger...my better camera doesn''t have a great macro, unfortunately.

I''m in heaven louping the stones and trying to decide what I might do with them.

The cuts on the stones from Dana are excellent, very nice stones. The Morogoro Spinel is pinky/orangey/purpley color...mostly peachy pink to the eye, but through the loupe and with the camera you can see blue/purple flashes in it. The pale lavender spinel, Dana gave me as a gift (thanks, Dana!), and it''s got some neat inclusions to look at, but clean to my eye. That one I''ll probably keep to stare at, lol. The pink spinel is going to my sister, unless she would like the zircon. The amethysts are going into a pair of earrings for me. Last, I got an dark orange spess garnet heart. It is going into some deep red flashes of color and a bit of darker spots in it..but I like it well enough to make into a Claddaugh inspired project if I don''t get into too much cost...it may have to wait, I like it, though.

jstarfireb

Ideal_Rock
The tsav finally made it here, almost a full week after it was sent...so much for priority mail! But it''s really lovely, and the color just glows.
9.gif

Lovinggems

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/15/2009 8:44:44 PM
The tsav finally made it here, almost a full week after it was sent...so much for priority mail! But it''s really lovely, and the color just glows.
9.gif
Are you using this one for the ring or did the Etsy vendor found something else for you?

Gailey

Ideal_Rock
9.gif
He he. We Canadians endure shipping times like that and longer when we purchase from the US. I''m happy to report my stone from Lisa arrived overnight - bliss!

I can imagine it''s outstanding if my rubellite is anything to go by.

Novel

Brilliant_Rock
I got my .69 Montana sapphire from Dana today! I''m at work with no camera, so no pics yet, but I promise some in the next couple days! It is so sparkly, just amazing! I''m really pleased with the color and the cut on it and keep making my coworkers come over to look! Wooooo!!!
36.gif

jstarfireb

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/16/2009 2:56:33 AM
Author: Lovinggems

9.gif

Are you using this one for the ring or did the Etsy vendor found something else for you?

She''s still trying to source one (as she had offered to source it at her cost), but if more time goes by without it, I might see if she could use this one and just refund me some money.

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It was only $15 off, but still! It's part of Gene's sale so I thought I'd post it here.
That, and I'm so freakin excited!!!

It's a pure blue med dark untreated sapphire, .97ct, 6.05mm x 5.26mm.
I honestly never thought I'd be able to afford that color, untreated in a sapphire for awhile, but it's reasonably priced and I took advantage of high gold prices to sell a few things, so WWEEEEEEEEE!! My present to myself for finishing part 1 of med school.
pgsapphblue.png

haagen_dazs

Brilliant_Rock
man this is fantastic a colour!
i really wish i could get these pieces too! =)

Date: 12/17/2009 12:06:19 AM
Author: MakingTheGrade
It was only $15 off, but still! It''s part of Gene''s sale so I thought I''d post it here.

That, and I''m so freakin excited!!!

It''s a pure blue med dark untreated sapphire, .97ct, 6.05mm x 5.26mm.

I honestly never thought I''d be able to afford that color, untreated in a sapphire for awhile, but it''s reasonably priced and I took advantage of high gold prices to sell a few things, so WWEEEEEEEEE!! My present to myself for finishing part 1 of med school.

pgsapphblue.png

JustLikeYou

Rough_Rock
Date: 12/16/2009 3:00:25 PM
Author: Novel
I got my .69 Montana sapphire from Dana today! I''m at work with no camera, so no pics yet, but I promise some in the next couple days! It is so sparkly, just amazing! I''m really pleased with the color and the cut on it and keep making my coworkers come over to look! Wooooo!!!
36.gif

You *have* to post pictures of this! I was looking at that one too, but didn''t feel perfectly right on it... I''d still love to see how it looks though, since he always says how bad his own pictures are.

Congrats on that one!

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 12/17/2009 2:10:19 AM
Author: haagen_dazs
man this is fantastic a colour!

i really wish i could get these pieces too! =)

You could always write Gene (precisiongem.com) to ask if he has any more rough in stock. You never know. He has a great eye for rough, and this is the first blue sapphire I''ve seen him cut since he returned from his last rough-gathering trip.

Novel

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 12/17/2009 9:20:17 AM
Author: JustLikeYou

36.gif

You *have* to post pictures of this! I was looking at that one too, but didn''t feel perfectly right on it... I''d still love to see how it looks though, since he always says how bad his own pictures are.

Congrats on that one!

Thanks!!
9.gif
I will, I promise. I''d been wanting a blue gray for a pendant and bought this one. Let me tell you, there is no gray! His picture on this one was way off, but in a great way! Its a very silvery blue. My colleagues keep telling me it looks like water. I won''t have daylight pictures until Saturday, but I promise to start a thread! Its the first stone I''ve bought for myself and kept... and I''m kind of in love (you know, the stone version of thinking about marrying a guy after the first date - I''m picturing something that color as an e-ring!)

JustLikeYou, I''m sorry you didn''t get it, but I''m also really thankful you didn''t!
3.gif

JustLikeYou

Rough_Rock
Date: 12/17/2009 9:45:18 AM
Date: 12/17/2009 9:20:17 AM

Author: JustLikeYou

36.gif

Congrats on that one!

Thanks!!
9.gif
I will, I promise. I''d been wanting a blue gray for a pendant and bought this one. Let me tell you, there is no gray! His picture on this one was way off, but in a great way! Its a very silvery blue. My colleagues keep telling me it looks like water. I won''t have daylight pictures until Saturday, but I promise to start a thread! Its the first stone I''ve bought for myself and kept... and I''m kind of in love (you know, the stone version of thinking about marrying a guy after the first date - I''m picturing something that color as an e-ring!)

JustLikeYou, I''m sorry you didn''t get it, but I''m also really thankful you didn''t!
3.gif

I''m so glad for you! I was laughing at the "marrying after a first date" comment. That''s awesome that it fits you so perfectly.

And like I said, I was admiring it, but never felt like really clicking the "buy" button because it just wasn''t totally speaking to me. Glad it sung out to you! :)

Largosmom

Brilliant_Rock
Oh, I have been looking at Dana''s Montana sapphires too, pics please when you can!

Laura

haagen_dazs

Brilliant_Rock
anyone else bought any more sale goodies?
the year is coming to and end!

i havent seen much new stuff on dana''s website. anyone knows if he is busy?

jstarfireb

Ideal_Rock
Picked up this 4mm benitoite from Dutton''s Diamonds (20% off sale is going on until February)...it''s on the way to me right now! Probably going to ask Kyle Anne to bezel it as a stacker ring.

BT00027_b.jpg

Largosmom

Brilliant_Rock
That is a really pretty stone!

haagen_dazs

Brilliant_Rock
MTG
Do you have the sapphire yet? Any photos to share?

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 12/30/2009 2:10:19 PM
Picked up this 4mm benitoite from Dutton''s Diamonds (20% off sale is going on until February)...it''s on the way to me right now! Probably going to ask Kyle Anne to bezel it as a stacker ring.
Benitoite is soft, I probably wouldn''t bezel it. In fact, I would make it a pendant piece.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results