shape
carat
color
clarity

Are there any nice thanksgiving/back friday sales from usa vendors?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

MAC-W

Brilliant_Rock
I wondered if they might be too dark, but for the price I thought they might be worth a try. I can always send them back if they aren''t good IRL

What do you think?

Largosmom

Brilliant_Rock
Worth trying for the price, I think! I''m hoping he posts more stones soon.

Laura

Stone Hunter

Ideal_Rock
Premium
MAC-W I think the peridots look lovely!! Congrats.
9.gif

JustLikeYou

Rough_Rock
There''s a sapphire there that I''ve been ga-ga-ing over for weeks, and he lowered the price pretty nicely, but at the same time, he''s cutting some rough that he said he''d let me have first crack at before it goes on the site (probably after the big sale hoopla).... and I don''t know whether I should wait it out, or buy that sapphire to see if the "real life" color is what I like!

*sigh* So conflicted. It''d be my first stone purchase ever, too.

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 11/27/2009 11:12:57 AM
Author: JustLikeYou
There''s a sapphire there that I''ve been ga-ga-ing over for weeks, and he lowered the price pretty nicely, but at the same time, he''s cutting some rough that he said he''d let me have first crack at before it goes on the site (probably after the big sale hoopla).... and I don''t know whether I should wait it out, or buy that sapphire to see if the ''real life'' color is what I like!

*sigh* So conflicted. It''d be my first stone purchase ever, too.

I know how you feel! I am trying to wait until he''s done listing before I start buying since there isn''t anything I must have..yet.

Gailey

Ideal_Rock
Lisa Elser is offering 35% off list on red and green gems. You need to contact her and she will send you a pdf file with the stones that are on offer. I don''t think her website is up to date.

lelser

Shiny_Rock
Trade
The website is more a gallery than a selling site - and since I sell primarily to jewellers I don''t put up pricing.

The sale catalogue is priced, though. Prices are pre-discount and they are all 35% off.

You can download the catalogue here:

https://download.yousendit.com/ZW9CZGl0OW5rUmwzZUE9PQ

Cheers,

Lisa

cushioncutnut

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I just peaked at Mastercutgems site today and scarfed up these lovelies! 1.31ct Burma Spinel from Namya. Dana said he recut the culet to remove the window! ...and this lovely almost 5ct parcel of Loliando Spessartites from a dealer in Tanzania! The price was too good to pass up.... plus his no questions asked 10 day return policy... I thought it was worth getting a few lovelies!!!
36.gif

21997.jpg

cushioncutnut

Ideal_Rock
Premium
photos courtesy of MCG

21999.jpg

cushioncutnut

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Loliandos... VS1-SI1 clarity....

22037.jpg

cushioncutnut

Ideal_Rock
Premium
a little closer.... I will post pics when I get them....

22038.jpg

Largosmom

Brilliant_Rock
Oh man, were the spess garnets posted? I missed them if so...congrats!

Laura

cushioncutnut

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Largos... he has quite a few more posted... keep checking on his site as he keeps posting newly cut/listed gems...

Indylady

Ideal_Rock
What do you guys think of these tsavorites? I''m imagining sides stones to a larger oval, or studs. I must not spend any more money before I finish Christmas shopping!!!linky

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/28/2009 6:48:37 PM
Author: szh07
What do you guys think of these tsavorites? I''m imagining sides stones to a larger oval, or studs. I must not spend any more money before I finish Christmas shopping!!!linky
I think those would be a bit small for studs, but they could be the center for earrings if you wanted to surround them with diamonds, for example. I think they would be awesome side stones for a modest sized ring.
36.gif

cushioncutnut

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 11/28/2009 6:48:37 PM

They looks quite lovely! How did I miss those?? LOL!!

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hehe, you guys are buying up a storm! Too bad I don''t wear earrings, those tsavs look like they''d be a color match for my ring!

Largosmom

Brilliant_Rock
I had been watching everything but the newly cut part, lol! Nice finds.
2.gif

Indylady

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/28/2009 7:07:53 PM
Author: MakingTheGrade
Hehe, you guys are buying up a storm! Too bad I don''t wear earrings, those tsavs look like they''d be a color match for my ring!

Maybe a tsavy lotus pendant?
31.gif
31.gif

Indylady

Ideal_Rock
This is a sapphire from Mastercutgems, but really reminds me of a fine emerald.

21257.jpg

Indylady

Ideal_Rock
This is pretty

peachredpursapcush3c.jpg

Indylady

Ideal_Rock
As is this one (both from Gemrite)

pademerald3c.jpg

mariedtiger

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 11/28/2009 11:17:27 PM
This is pretty

Hi szh07, I ordered that cushion sapphire, but it didn''t match the picture at all in any lighting, as far as I could tell. The other picture I attached from the site is more like it (although in most lights it was just black with bronze flashes.) I hope I didn''t offend you, just wanted to warn you so you and others can decide whether you want to see for yourself.

redpurplesapphire2a.jpg

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
I''ve been looking at the rutilated quartz Dana has. There''s 2 of them, and neither are expensive. They make me think of tree branches in the winter after we have an ice storm. I won''t be getting them b/c I need to hold my pennies tightly until he finds the stones for my 3 stone, but it''s fun to look at them anyway!

MissMina

Brilliant_Rock
Long time lurker, first time poster here
Hello everyone
After resisting the various charms of this thread I have finally succumbed to a Burma Platinum Pink spinel from Master Cut Gems.
I am thrilled with my purchase and plan to have it set in a rose gold ring.

spinel22051.jpg

cushioncutnut

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 11/29/2009 11:36:47 AM
Author: MissMina
Long time lurker, first time poster here
Hello everyone
After resisting the various charms of this thread I have finally succumbed to a Burma Platinum Pink spinel from Master Cut Gems.
I am thrilled with my purchase and plan to have it set in a rose gold ring.

Welcome to PS! Way to jump in with a lovely gemmy!!! So glad that we enabled!! Post pics when you get it!

MissMina

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you for the welcome
Really like the friendliness and willingness to help (enable) that I see here.
Have been buying very inexpensive gems from native cutters for awhile to see what types and colors
spoke to me. I have been wanting a spinel for awhile and loved the color and cut of this one so I
took the plunge. Will post pictures of my new gem child when she arrives.

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh I think that will look lovely with rose gold!

Oy, I'm going to pull a muscle trying to restrain myself from buying something I have my eye on from Dana's site!

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/29/2009 11:56:06 AM
Author: MissMina
Thank you for the welcome
Really like the friendliness and willingness to help (enable) that I see here.
Have been buying very inexpensive gems from native cutters for awhile to see what types and colors
spoke to me. I have been wanting a spinel for awhile and loved the color and cut of this one so I
took the plunge. Will post pictures of my new gem child when she arrives.
Welcome, MissMina! Very interesting choice of color for your first precision cut beauty. Looking forward to your pictures when it arrives.
35.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results