shape
carat
color
clarity

Are there any nice thanksgiving/back friday sales from usa vendors?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/29/2009 11:57:25 AM
Author: MakingTheGrade
Oh I think that will look lovely with rose gold!

Oy, I''m going to pull a muscle trying to restrain myself from buying something I have my eye on from Dana''s site!
MTG - Are you going to pull a finger muscle by restraining yourself from the keyboard, or is it an eye muscle from looking at all the eye candy???
9.gif
Go ahead, your safety is at stake!
11.gif

Knowing all of the cushion lovers on this board, I''m wondering how long this matched Malayan cushion garnet suite will hang around? Link Gosh, watching these sales is fun!!
3.gif
1.gif

malayansuite22058.jpg

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love the color on the malayas, but I''m actually not a big cushion fan (eek! don''t hurt me!).

I''m looking forward to his new treats! I''m going to try to sell a certain gold and curly tailed eyesore I have next weekend, hopefully with the funds I can get a new pretty from Dana
9.gif

cushioncutnut

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 11/29/2009 1:06:33 PM
I love the color on the malayas, but I''m actually not a big cushion fan (eek! don''t hurt me!).

I''m looking forward to his new treats! I''m going to try to sell a certain gold and curly tailed eyesore I have next weekend, hopefully with the funds I can get a new pretty from Dana
9.gif

Bite your tongue! j/k!!!
9.gif
3.gif

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock

9.gif
No problem. I don''t own any cushions, either.
2.gif
I just remember a thread where the person could not find an 8mm cushion for a LOGR setting, and here is one along with friends for earrings and pendant.

Largosmom

Brilliant_Rock
I hope someone picks up that color-shift Tanzanian garnet pretty soon!
3.gif

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
30.gif
26.gif
18.gif
30.gif
26.gif
18.gif
30.gif
26.gif
18.gif
30.gif
26.gif
18.gif

glitterata

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/29/2009 2:08:22 PM
Author: Largosmom
I hope someone picks up that color-shift Tanzanian garnet pretty soon!
3.gif

I just did. Can''t wait to see it in person.

deorwine

Shiny_Rock
ooh... I was pondering that color-shift garnet. I''d love to see pics when you get it!

Largosmom

Brilliant_Rock
Oh good, glitterata...my wallet thanks you! Can''t wait to see what you do with it, a lovely stone.

Laura

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Just thought I''d drop by and say that all of Barry-cut-stuff is 10% off this month
9.gif

Stone Hunter

Ideal_Rock
Premium

9.gif
That''s funny! I like the cut on these stones but find the color too dark for me! Ah well someone else will buy them.
9.gif

virgoruby

Shiny_Rock
Dan Stair is offering 15% off all gems until end of Dec; he's also running a competition to win a pink tourmaline.
1.gif

Wildfish is also having a sale

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gene also lowered the prices on some of his stones
9.gif

Arkteia

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sorry, Lisa, I tried to download it and there is no catalogue linked to the website. Try it yourself.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 12/2/2009 11:14:04 AM
Author: crasru
Sorry, Lisa, I tried to download it and there is no catalogue linked to the website. Try it yourself.
It worked for me; it''s a HUGE pdf file.

MissMina

Brilliant_Rock
Can someone please post the first and last names and or company names of the venders who are having sales?
I am just getting started with precision cut gems and would really appreciate it.

Arkteia

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sorry I tried to google him. There was Steven Lagos, but he sold only finished jewelry. Is it the same person? Can you send me a link to the website at which you bought the stones?

glitterata

Ideal_Rock
There''s a pinned thread at the top of this forum with a list of colored stone sellers.

MissMina

Brilliant_Rock
I found that list and it is helpful.
But many of the posters just say Gene or Barry.

Arkteia

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Couldn''t have agreed more. I already figured out that "Dana" is from Mastercuts, but there are several Genes and I have to second-guess each time. Also, I googled "Largos" and found several hotels, a business website...I stopped after "greasemonkey". Could anyone please tell me the name of the website.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

MissMina

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you so much for that information chrono.
It''s a big help.

Largosmom

Brilliant_Rock
Largos is for me, I think...Largosmom (Largo is my bird in the avatar). I just another newbie gemstone buyer like many of you, lol!

I''ve suffered the same fate trying to figure out the who''s who, but I''m getting there! Thanks for the consolidated list.

Laura

mariedtiger

Brilliant_Rock
I just got this, and I''m so happy. I''ve been stalking this gem for a whole year, not even wanting to inquire about it to fend off temptation. But now...
11.gif
11.gif
11.gif

pl_539_detail_1.png

Largosmom

Brilliant_Rock
ooooooh
30.gif

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 12/4/2009 3:35:30 AM
Author: mariedtiger
I just got this, and I''m so happy. I''ve been stalking this gem for a whole year, not even wanting to inquire about it to fend off temptation. But now...
11.gif
11.gif
11.gif
Lucky you, MT. Looks like Gene Spessartite?

mariedtiger

Brilliant_Rock
It is Gene''s Chrono, I''m so glad you chimed in. Do I recall correctly that you''ve seen a lot of Gene''s gems in real life? Did you happen to see this one? I don''t like the photo very much, but from what Gene says I think this is a wonderful gem, and I have that good feeling about it too.

cushioncutnut

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 11/28/2009 6:07:49 PM
Author: cushioncutnut
I just peaked at Mastercutgems site today and scarfed up these lovelies! 1.31ct Burma Spinel from Namya. Dana said he recut the culet to remove the window! ...and this lovely almost 5ct parcel of Loliando Spessartites from a dealer in Tanzania! The price was too good to pass up.... plus his no questions asked 10 day return policy... I thought it was worth getting a few lovelies!!!
36.gif

For those who may be interested, the Namya spinel is available again. I decided to hold out and search for a bigger one!!
11.gif

Mariedtiger... that is so pretty! Setting ideas??

mariedtiger

Brilliant_Rock
cushioncutnut I have no idea :) What do you think?

Stone Hunter

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 12/4/2009 3:35:30 AM
Author: mariedtiger
11.gif
11.gif
11.gif
Ah that looks like it could be a very nice stone.

As for settings I''m terrible with coming up with cool ideas...unlike some other PSers. But I''d try a pendant, on a longer necklace so you''d still be able to see it. Yellow Gold and maybe some diamond accents.

HTH

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results