shape
carat
color
clarity

All the negative publicity for Rotties

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

door knob solitaire

Ideal_Rock
I have hyjacked this post long enough with my little game. I do apologize, Spoiled Rotten. I thought it was appropriate in that it is not a Rottie or a Pitt...

Cocker Spaniels do the most facial damage to children. Other breeds attack other areas of the body...neck...legs...arms...but the cocker specifically goes for the face. This breed was most commonly cited in the attacks that required the most serious degree of reconstructive surgery.

DKS

*this information was given to me via a Vet that is also a tv and radio personality. He gathers alot of facts for his show. He is angry that the rott and pitt are singled out. I expressed my concern over the safety of my dogs from the authorities. He said they should be watching the cocker with greater interest.

Madam Bijoux

Ideal_Rock
Premium
When my Rottie was a puppy, she escaped from the yard one afternoon and entertained herself by merrily chasing squirrels around the neighborhood for about 10 minutes. She was only about a year old, but she was already 100+ pounds. I found her in the neighbor''s yard, standing with her front paws against their tree and barking at a squirrel that she had been chasing. And there is the neighbor, standing behind her, hitting her over the head with her shoe!! Seriously lady, it''s a squirrel, and my dog is nowhere near it!! As I ran over to retrieve my dog and apologize, the woman looked completely white-faced and shaky. She was obviously terrified of my super-sweet teddy bear dog.

6.gif

That woman would have been wearing her shoe in a place where she never dreamed it would have fit her if I had caught her doing that!

SpldRotten

Rough_Rock

Sorry I''ve been MIA finals are killing me!!!)

Big Diamonds, I would have had a FIT!! I''ve had a woman on the street tell me that I should keep my beauty locked in my yard, that is when I (impolitely) explained to her that it is people like her that need to be locked up in their yard (I bet she wondered who let me loose lol). I get soo infuriated!!

DKS, thanx for the little trivia piece!! I would''ve never guessed. That definitely strengthens our argument.

Rainbow, how beautiful !!

13.gif

As promised, here are some pix of Jackie''s babies

DSC00020.jpg

SpldRotten

Rough_Rock
I miss them each soo much
face16.gif

DSC00049.jpg

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HOW ADORABLE! I LOVE LOVE LOVE their little baby tails sticking out!!!

SpldRotten

Rough_Rock
and here''s another

puppies1.jpg

SpldRotten

Rough_Rock
here''s Teddy (Theodore Roosevelt)

puppies2.jpg

SpldRotten

Rough_Rock
We had TR the longest, I had a terribly hard time letting go...

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
And look at that little baby belly!!!

BigDiamonds

Brilliant_Rock
Oh. My. Gosh. SOOOOO cute!!!
30.gif
30.gif

Makes me want one so bad...
39.gif

rainbowtrout

Ideal_Rock
Awwww, look at the puppies! I LOVE TR, what a perfect name!!!
30.gif
Out of curiosity, what made you decide to breed Jackie? It sounds like her disposition might be worth passing on to the breed, so not judging, just curious!

I kind of wish we had bred Mahrette, she would have added some things I thought were truly valuable to the breed. In addition to her excellent physical qualities and health, she had the most wonderful temperment and personality for an Akita. Even at 13 she was still a big, loving puppy. But, it was a lot of work, and we would have had to have shown her, etc, etc.

SpldRotten

Rough_Rock
sorry I''ve been MIA (finals were driving me nuts). We decided to breed Jackie because she''s got a great temper (as does the stud), and she''s a show dog, meaning physically she''s got all the right characteristics of a rottie, and she''s got a sound temper (although we never attended shows)....

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results