shape
carat
color
clarity

adventures at the dentist....

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
storm im so sorry to hear you are still going through this, tooth pain and problems really suck!! there''s no guarantees unfortunately with this tooth stuff. i sometimes still feel some dull pain in my root canal tooth and the dentist said that was normal because there are still roots down in the BONE. fabulous.

anyway, i hope they figure out what it takes to kill the infection and get everything in tip-top shape. i understand your dentist did yours and the endontist had to fix it but if your dentist did something that didn''t work, do you have to pay for that too???? that seems really off. sure they did the work but if it doesn''t fix it?!

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 5/16/2006 3:04:14 AM
Author: Mara
i sometimes still feel some dull pain in my root canal tooth and the dentist said that was normal because there are still roots down in the BONE.

Yes. That is also my experience with my latest (and second) root canal. My fist one was years ago and very easy. With this one, I didn''t want to get a crown put on until I was sure the root canal was going to "take". I had to, however, because the site needed the protection of a crown.

Storm, Have your dentist send a culture to Temple. It doesn''t only tell you about "classes" of antibiotics. It tells you every anaerobic bacterium that can be grown (and also yeast) by name and sends a report on which antibiotics are resistant to that strain.

Maybe you have to go in-hospital, be put on an antibiotic (or combination of antibiotics)
that can cure and be monitored for blood clots.

Deb
34.gif

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
er i meant to say there are still NERVES down in the bone. not roots!

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
It''s good to know for future reference that there could be some dull pain there, having just finished my first root canal/crown and so far so good. I would probably freak out if it hurt thinking something else was wrong (considering my root canal came from the tooth dying from the trauma of getting a crown done)...so this is good to know.

Strm seriously I have never heard of such a bad tooth issue - I really hope this gets resolved quickly because I can only imagine how painful it is - when my roots were dying (after the first part of the crown) I was in such awful pain that it would wake me up from deep sleep. I was popping pills every 4-6 hours. I hope for some good news your way!

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
Its settling down a little cut back on the vicodin and switched back to low level darvocet.
its down from about a 7-9.95 to 4-6 with short periods of 8 when I eat on the pain scale. which is about where it was friday before he messed with it.

hlmr

Ideal_Rock
Glad to see you are feeling better storm!!!
1.gif

ETA: I saw you were posting more and assumed you were feeling better - I hope this is the case!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results