shape
carat
color
clarity

adventures at the dentist....

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
or part 200 in the better soon end saga of storms tooth.

Went to see one of our clients today who is a endodontist and had him look at my tooth.
Conclusion:
Abscess the size of a dime deep under the tooth. Its actually under the canals so that''s why the dentist didn''t hit it.
With film xrays and not going lower than normal with the xrays a dentist would never see it.
Doc wondering how I stood it this long.

treatment:
stronger anti-biotics
redo root canal and drain it if it isn''t better in 3 weeks.

tawn

Brilliant_Rock
Poor guy!!

Nothing worse than "tooth" stuff!

It makes me shudder!

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
I know you have been through the ringer with this tooth. But I''m so glad you got to see an endodontist and that he knows exactly what''s wrong with your tooth. Let him do what he''s got to do and I pray it heals quickly!!!
12.gif
But yowza that is some pain you have had my friend!!
39.gif

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oh. My. Word. Seriously, I don''t know how you''ve gone this long either. Just the pain from having the nerve die after my stupid crown was bad enough, on top of the residual pain after the root canal is done. Yuck.

That''s a pretty big abscess though! I wonder how that happened. It''s not in the canals, but under the tooth, between the tooth and the jawbone? Are you on a higher dose of penicillin, or have they given you something else? I hope they don''t have to redo the root canal...
14.gif
What a nightmare!

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
yea its under the tooth right at the end of the roots but not touching them.

he put me on clindamycin 150mg every 6 hours.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
your roots were probably dead long before the root canal was done, so infection probably traveled down deep into your bone after killing the roots and jaw and no one noticed it. that sounds so painful!! hope it gets fixed this time around.

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
oh goodness storm..that''s just awful, but i''m so glad they now know what it is and can get you completely better. I hope the antibiotics take care of it for you..

aljdewey

Ideal_Rock
I saw the title of this thread and immediately thought "oh, man, I HOPE this isn''t storm."

Sorry to hear that it is, and that you''re still having trouble with it! Gosh!

Be ultra faithful about the antibiotics - abcesses can be a bitch, and you gotta attack em hard.

Hoping you get relief soon.

hlmr

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/27/2006 6:48:22 PM
Author:strmrdr

Went to see one of our clients today who is a endodontist and had him look at my tooth.
Conclusion:
Abscess the size of a dime deep under the tooth. Its actually under the canals so that''s why the dentist didn''t hit it.
With film xrays and not going lower than normal with the xrays a dentist would never see it.

treatment:
stronger anti-biotics
Oh Storm that sounds so painful!! My DH is in the middle of a root canal right now and is still in pain. I will mention this to him because I was assuming they didn''t clean out the canals completely and that''s why he was still suffering.

I hope you feel better very soon!

AndyRosse

Ideal_Rock
Oh strm, I sure hope the antibotics do their job and you don''t need a redo on the root canal!

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/27/2006 10:57:59 PM
Author: hlmr

Conclusion:

treatment:

stronger anti-biotics

Oh Storm that sounds so painful!! My DH is in the middle of a root canal right now and is still in pain. I will mention this to him because I was assuming they didn''t clean out the canals completely and that''s why he was still suffering.

tell him not to let them do any kind of filling or sealing until he has been totaly pain free for atleast 2 weeks.
Was it a dentist or an endodontist who did it?
My endodontist said my dentist did a good job getting too the bottom of the roots and that the most common reason for redoing them is not getting to the bottom of them.
If the dentist using film x-rays or computer sensor x-rays?
The computer ones are 10x better.
I wish id gotten a second opinion sooner but didnt want to spend the $.

Miranda

Ideal_Rock
Ohhhh...You poor thing! Sounds so painful. I had a routine root canal when I was 15 and that was horrible enough. Can''t imagine something like what you''re going through. Get well soon vibes outgoing!

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
hope this isnt too gross.
I was off on the size it looked huge on the screen its 7mm which is still huge but not a dime.

mytooth.jpg

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yikes storm, I know this has been going on for ages, you must have been in agony. As Aljd says, take those antibiotics faithfully and make sure you finish the course even if you think the abscess has gone - this is important. Hope you feel better soon, poor guy.

hlmr

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/27/2006 11:37:47 PM
Author: strmrdr

Date: 4/27/2006 10:57:59 PM
Author: hlmr

Conclusion:

treatment:

stronger anti-biotics

tell him not to let them do any kind of filling or sealing until he has been totaly pain free for atleast 2 weeks.
Was it a dentist or an endodontist who did it?
My endodontist said my dentist did a good job getting too the bottom of the roots and that the most common reason for redoing them is not getting to the bottom of them.
If the dentist using film x-rays or computer sensor x-rays?
The computer ones are 10x better.
I wish id gotten a second opinion sooner but didnt want to spend the $.
Hi Storm:

It was a dentist that did the work and he has a temporary filling right now and is waiting to see if the pain subsides before getting the final filling. Unfortunately, I think they are just using regular film xrays. He will definitely be going for a second opinion if he isn''t out of pain soon.

Thanks for the advice!

rainbowtrout

Ideal_Rock
ow! that''s awful, I hate tooth trouble. I''ve known a guy who fractured his shin and "didn''t notice" until it really broke weeks later, so I suppose I can see how you might not notice, esp. if the infection killed the nerves. Bodies are strange.

Good luck and I hope the antibiotics fix it!

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
Yikes. My RC was done by an endodontist and my dentist office uses the computer xrays which are awesome. I was supposed to get the real crown put on the tooth 3 days after the RC but it still hurt so they''re waiting 3 more weeks to make sure the RC is well and good. (I think I''d beat the crap out of all of them if they ended up having to drill through my new crown....grrr...hiss.)

Blenheim

Ideal_Rock
Ouch, Storm. That sounds so painful. I hope that this fixes it for good! I''ll be praying for you.

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/28/2006 10:47:40 PM
Author: Blenheim
Ouch, Storm. That sounds so painful. I hope that this fixes it for good! I''ll be praying for you.

Thank you! :}
Thanks to everyone who has been following along with this ordeal.
The kind words, thoughts and prayers are deeply appreciated.
You all are the best!! :}

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
We just want you to be pain free. More prayers outgoing
12.gif

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
storm, are you feeling any better since starting the strong antibiotics?

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/28/2006 11:52:08 PM
Author: mrssalvo
storm, are you feeling any better since starting the strong antibiotics?
not yet, is about the same. :{
Figure it will take 3-4 days for any effect.
The antibiotics are doing a number on my tummy however.
Got stuck at work today waiting for a shipment so didn''t eat something with it, big mistake.

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/28/2006 11:33:21 PM
Author: kaleigh
We just want you to be pain free. More prayers outgoing
12.gif
Thank you!!

rainbowtrout

Ideal_Rock
eat some yogurt, might help the tummy?

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Stick to a plain diet Storm if you can as the antib's can often upset the good bacteria in the gut as they kill off the bad guys. A yogurt as RT suggests or a probiotic yogurt if you can get it might help correct the balance. I do feel for you and positive vibes are outgoing. You will feel better soon, hang in there
35.gif

Mr Majestyk

Rough_Rock
Best wishes for a speedy recovery from this sad issue. I''ve been thru a lot of medical stuff in my alleged life, but the dentist is the worst of them all.

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
cheese for some reason settles it right down.
Sharp cheddar works the best.
mozzarella doesn''t work as well.

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow! I can''t believe how long this has gone on with that tooth! It really does sound painful but I hope you get some relief now.

Best wishes to you for a speedy recovery!

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
no change yet :{
was hoping the anti-biotics would be doing something other than giving me a tummyache by now :{
guess ill have to give it more time.

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/1/2006 2:40:51 PM
Author: strmrdr
no change yet :{
was hoping the anti-biotics would be doing something other than giving me a tummyache by now :{
guess ill have to give it more time.
Bummer. I hope they start working soon. More prayers outgoing
12.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results