shape
carat
color
clarity

ACStones Sale starts today!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Allison D.

Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/1/2009 3:55:57 PM
Author: cellentani

Nah, it''s another gemstone, but I have been wanting a new bag lately. I''ve been trying to rationalize the cost-per-day economics with DH (who sometimes goes a little pale at the price of handbags): a several hundred dollar bag that I would use every day, or an equally expensive stone that once set, I''d wear occasionally.
Celle, it wouldn''t happen to be a pink stone the color of bright pink lipstick, would it?

cinnamon013

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 8/1/2009 5:12:20 PM
Author: LamborghiniGirl
Does anyone know when new inventory be on the website?
Not until Sept 1 or thereabout - per Barry.

brandy_z28

Brilliant_Rock
I walked away with these
3.gif

Q-4439B.jpg

cellentani

Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/1/2009 8:04:04 PM
Author: Allison D.

Nah, it''s another gemstone, but I have been wanting a new bag lately. I''ve been trying to rationalize the cost-per-day economics with DH (who sometimes goes a little pale at the price of handbags): a several hundred dollar bag that I would use every day, or an equally expensive stone that once set, I''d wear occasionally.
Celle, it wouldn''t happen to be a pink stone the color of bright pink lipstick, would it?
Sigh.....I''m hoping. But so are a bunch of others.

Hey, how was the NYC antiques show? Did you get anything?

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
There''s one or two that I would love to have and its'' still available
31.gif
maybe I should just post and I can live vicariously through you all?, but I''ve exhausted my budget until another couple of months
39.gif

Burberrygirl

Brilliant_Rock
Now I''m interested. What would you have gotten?

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Burberrygirl

Brilliant_Rock
Those are beautiful. The oval was my second back up for the emerald tourmaline, the only problem is I don''t know if I''d be able to find a setting I like for it..
I do love that shade of green, it''s so pretty.

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sad to say I missed the sale, but I was getting married August 1!
Barry was sweet enough to sell me what I wanted a few days before the sale at near-sale price though, so I managed to get the tsavorite I''ve been drooling over at a price I could afford! Yay!

Now off to Iceland, see you ladies when I return!

cellentani

Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/2/2009 11:11:08 AM
Author: MakingTheGrade
Barry was sweet enough to sell me what I wanted a few days before the sale at near-sale price though, so I managed to get the tsavorite I''ve been drooling over at a price I could afford! Yay!

Congratulations, MTG - I thought about you yesterday!! Have a lovely honeymoon with your husband, and we''ll be waiting for you when you get back! (waiting for pics of your lovely tsav, that is
31.gif
)

icekid

Ideal_Rock

congrats, MTG... on your wedding and your tsav
9.gif

Nice buys, everyone. Can''t wait to see photos.

mochi

Ideal_Rock
Congrats MTG!!! Take lots of pictures of your honeymoon and have a wonderful time!!!

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
I''m so glad everyone got what they wanted! I''m not buying gemstones for a while, at least until the end of September, so I love living vicariously through you ladies! Hope everyone''s having a lovely Sunday!

CharmyPoo

Ideal_Rock

Congrats on your wedding. I can''t wait to see photos.

LtlFirecracker

Ideal_Rock

Congtats, getting married is a very good reason to miss a sale :). Have fun in Iceland and come back with lots of pics.

Allison D.

Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/1/2009 9:52:40 PM

Gosh, I hope we''re not waiting on the same stone.
23.gif

The antiques show was amazing; next time I need to go with more $$. There were several things I could have bought had I just recently won a lottery (or just had a bit more disposable coin). Among them was a gorgeous antique cushion stone - swoonable!

I did manage to find a source for a repro setting that I think I may order, which is the ruby version pictured below. The center stone pictured isn''t mine, but it will fit my .86 M OEC perfectly.

I also found a really nice setting that might work for my cuprian; will post that in a second.

aljreprosetting.jpg

Allison D.

Ideal_Rock
I had been thinking about this for my cuprian, but I have a few reservations. I love the setting, but I''m not sure it''s right for this stone. I think the shape of the stone may get a bit lost in the setting. Also, this stone has AMAZING color from the profile view, which would be hidden if I used this setting. I''d welcome feedback if you''re disposed to give an opinion.
2.gif

aljcuprian.jpg

Allison D.

Ideal_Rock
By comparison, I think this slightly more modern setting showcases the color of the stone more.

Sorry for the threadjack, all...

aljcuprian2.jpg

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Allison,
Do you have any shots of the stone outside of the setting so we can get a better idea of the color, cutting, and the shape?

Kunzite

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 8/1/2009 4:09:20 PM
Author: karee888
36.gif
36.gif
Karee - I''m very happy you got that one! I''ve been looking at it for quite awhile and I knew I wouldn''t be able to hold off much longer once it went on sale. So thank you for saving me! Please post pictures once you get it
3.gif

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 8/2/2009 10:41:08 PM
By comparison, I think this slightly more modern setting showcases the color of the stone more.

I just saw these pictures, and I like this setting much better for this stone.

cellentani

Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/2/2009 10:32:53 PM
23.gif

The antiques show was amazing; next time I need to go with more $$. There were several things I could have bought had I just recently won a lottery (or just had a bit more disposable coin). Among them was a gorgeous antique cushion stone - swoonable!

I did manage to find a source for a repro setting that I think I may order, which is the ruby version pictured below. The center stone pictured isn''t mine, but it will fit my .86 M OEC perfectly.

I also found a really nice setting that might work for my cuprian; will post that in a second.
Haha, well, if it''s any comfort, I probably can''t afford the stone you''re waiting for!
7.gif

And wow, you found some great settings! Out of the sapphire and ruby, I love the ruby one the best - I hope you post once you get it!!

Allison D.

Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/2/2009 10:41:19 PM
Author: tourmaline_lover
Allison,
Do you have any shots of the stone outside of the setting so we can get a better idea of the color, cutting, and the shape?
TL, I do, but in the interest of not hijacking this thread any further, I''ll start a separate thread on it. I''d welcome your opinions.
1.gif

cellentani

Ideal_Rock

I loooove the first setting, but your cuprian looks more blue in the second. Also, do you think the first setting is a tad big for it? It''s hard for me to tell, but it looks like the points of the setting will stick up above the girdle, and the prongs would be below the points. However, this would be a great case of buying the setting before having a stone, because it is gorgeous!! And I think a round is fairly easy to source. What about the umbalite setting that you said was a tad too small - is your cuprian smaller than the garnet?

Now I need to harass blinkydoll to post what she found!

I too, apologize for the threadjack.

Allison D.

Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/2/2009 10:58:49 PM

I loooove the first setting, but your cuprian looks more blue in the second. Also, do you think the first setting is a tad big for it? It''s hard for me to tell, but it looks like the points of the setting will stick up above the girdle, and the prongs would be below the points. However, this would be a great case of buying the setting before having a stone, because it is gorgeous!! And I think a round is fairly easy to source. What about the umbalite setting that you said was a tad too small - is your cuprian smaller than the garnet?

Now I need to harass blinkydoll to post what she found!

I too, apologize for the threadjack.
Come on over to the other cuprian thread I started (to avoid threadjacking anymore) and I''ll fill you in on the garnet.....
11.gif

loriken214

Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/2/2009 10:32:53 PM

Date: 8/1/2009 9:52:40 PM

23.gif

Allison,

Where are these repro settings made? I''m trying to find some and don''t know where to look.

Lori

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
During his annual sale event, there are usually no new items. I’m thinking of getting an old stock jewellery item since the price is very good. Considering the price of the setting and labor today, plus the sale, it is very tempting. I just need to find something different and/or unique.

CharmyPoo

Ideal_Rock
I got my two stones today! That little tanzanite is very lovely - I actually bought this long time ago but changed my mind and cancelled it before seeing it. The champagne tourmaline is much prettier than I expected.

Did everyone else get their goodies yet?

cinnamon013

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 8/5/2009 6:13:19 PM
Author: CharmyPoo
I got my two stones today! That little tanzanite is very lovely - I actually bought this long time ago but changed my mind and cancelled it before seeing it. The champagne tourmaline is much prettier than I expected.

Did everyone else get their goodies yet?
I can''t wait to see your champagne tourmaline!

I got my emerald cut topaz today and it is scrumptious! I feel so happy!

mochi

Ideal_Rock
I should get mine tomorrow. Did you ladies take any pictures??

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results