shape
carat
color
clarity

#JOTW Acinom's colors

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Want to share some standalone photo's of my new Marc Williams ring with Precision Gem Danburite:

_33052.jpg

_33053.jpg

_33054.jpg

_33055.jpg

aussiejamie

Shiny_Rock
Trade
Hi Acinom, your ring is beautiful and really reminds me of ancient Grecian style jewellery like the examples below from metropolitan museuem. :appl:

AJ

_647.png

_648.png

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Aussiejamie :wavey:
MW's work definitely seems to be influenced by classic Grecian jewelry! Thanks for posting these examples.

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Cushion Emilya by Victor - the video is ready!!

Got the link from Paige and Victor: https://youtu.be/EXMytbeR3QU
Their photography seems to be more blue than in reality and their video's more grey.

Some stills from the video:
I did not realize the Topaz has such a high chubby crown! It's really nice to see the ring from these perspectives in the vdeo.

_33164.jpg

_33165.jpg

_33166.jpg

_33168.jpg

mochiko42

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Acinom|1439274446|3913226 said:
Cushion Emilya by Victor - the video is ready!!

Got the link from Paige and Victor: https://youtu.be/EXMytbeR3QU
Their photography seems to be more blue than in reality and their video's more grey.

Some stills from the video:
I did not realize the Topaz has such a high chubby crown! It's really nice to see the ring from these perspectives in the vdeo.

Interesting to see the gorgeous high crown on the topaz, Acinom. From top down it didn't seem like a small-tabled stone at first. I learned something new today :D

I'm curious -- and forgive me if it was mentioned earlier in this thread and I overlooked it -- how did you decide to go with the double row of pave instead of the normal Emilya halo with single pave? I hope to get an Emilya halo ring one day and am researching all the different customizations. :wavey:

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
mochiko42|1439274683|3913227 said:
Interesting to see the gorgeous high crown on the topaz, Acinom. From top down it didn't seem like a small-tabled stone at first. I learned something new today :D

I'm curious -- and forgive me if it was mentioned earlier in this thread and I overlooked it -- how did you decide to go with the double row of pave instead of the normal Emilya halo with single pave? I hope to get an Emilya halo ring one day and am researching all the different customizations. :wavey:

I had no idea Mochiko. Looking at the SG1 design and the photo's, I assumed the crown would be relatively flat. So, while much different than expected, I do like the look.

Actually I am not a true halo girl, but I love love love to see them and some designs just speak to me. Like Lovey's design inspired me to have the Dipped in Diamond Sugar ring created by Victor. A while ago I saw this particular design on Victor's FB. Center stone was a blue diamond I believe. What spoke to me was the soft cushiony look as well as the kite shape of the halo. It looked so new and fresh to my eyes. I also love Victor's Emilya with petal shaped gallery.

Would love to see what you decide for your future Emilya! There are so many beautiful Emilya variations!

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
OMG the chubby crown makes it so much more unique and special in my eyes. It's like a whole new "personality" to the ring when you look from the side. LOVE THIS!

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
UPDATE: Yay!!! I have a Jeff White stone!!!! - last pre-ban addition

Owning a Jeff White stone has been a long time wish. And now it has come true with this last pre-ban addition: a purple garnet.
I had been eyeing this since it appearred on Jeff's FB page. He has more rough available in smaller sizes but I had my mind set on the larger size.

According to the info on FB, it has a purple/magenta look in incandescent light and a 'grape' purple look in most other lighting (natural, fluorescent, LED etc.). The exact make up is yet unknown, but Jeff expects it to be in the pyrope/almandine family. No clue what that means and whether that's good or bad :lol: :lol:

The rough is of a new discovery in Tanzania. It seems that this intensity of purple is something that is rarely seen.

NKOTB has a classic round from the same rough, so we are now stone sisters!
A big hug and thank you for Arkieb who pointed me to Jeff's point. So happy that I could indeed acquire it. Thank you!!!

_33249.jpg

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Stone specs:
Origin: Tanzania
Weight: 5.86 ct
Size: 9.01mm
Clarity: vvs
Treatments: none known

_33250.jpg

_33251.jpg

_33252.jpg

_33253.jpg

_lovesvintage_

Brilliant_Rock
Congrats on the purple garnet!!! She's a beauty!!! :love:

ringcat

Shiny_Rock
Premium
It's totally gorgeous Acinom. What a tremendously beautiful colour!!

_lovesvintage_

Brilliant_Rock
Love that chubby crown on your VC topaz ring!!! I am so glad colored precision cut stones can have that antique feel!

Lovinggems

Ideal_Rock
Beautiful purple garnet Acinom! Do you have any plans for it?

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
lovedogs said:
OMG the chubby crown makes it so much more unique and special in my eyes. It's like a whole new "personality" to the ring when you look from the side. LOVE THIS!
This was quite a surprise for me Lovedogs. I had visualised the stone differently (with a rather flat modern look), but I do love this look and it looks really nice in the VC setting.

_lovesvintage_ said:
Love that chubby crown on your VC topaz ring!!! I am so glad colored precision cut stones can have that antique feel!
Thank you Lovesvintage! I actually choose this design for its more modern feel. But in general I love love love chubby high crowns, so this was meant to be

_33254.jpg

_33255.jpg

_33256.jpg

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you for your kind words about my stone Lovesvintage, Ringcat & Lovinggems:Wavey: :wavey: :wavey:
The color is what immediately grabbed me when I saw the photo on FB. I also enjoyed NKOTB's photo's because of that. I lingered long to buy a smaller stone from the available rough. I am really glad now that I decided against it as I really wanted a larger size.

Lovinggems: I think I will have it set in a very simple solitaire. I do have quite some time to think about it though as this will be an end of year project.

_33258.jpg

_33259.jpg

_33260.jpg

_33261.jpg

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It's a ring pop! And that's not a bad thing at all. :bigsmile:

Siameseroo

Brilliant_Rock
Acinom your new stone is stunning!! I love that purple! :love:

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Chrono|1439554433|3914425 said:
It's a ring pop! And that's not a bad thing at all. :bigsmile:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
ricezo|1439560152|3914455 said:
Acinom your new stone is stunning!! I love that purple! :love:

Thank you dear bride to be!! :wavey:

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Last official pre-ban list - UPDATE

So... with the addition of my new JW purple cushion, I now have the following list until BIG BAN:

1 Marc Williams ring with 10 sided round Danburite by Precision Gem - done! To be collected by the end of March
2 Victor Canera twisted Emilya halo with Doug Menadue Electric blue topaz - done! To be collected by the end of this year
3 David Klass diamond melee solitaire with Asscher cut natural topaz - work in progress.
4 Setting my Jeff White purple garnet cushion in a simple solitaire - end of year project

_33278.jpg

_33279.jpg

_33280.jpg

_33281.jpg

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The electric blue topaz ring is gorgeous! :love:

I am not surprised to see the chubby crown, as my two round white topaz from Jeff W and Jeff D have chubby crowns.

I smiled when I read you got the purple garnet in The Gem Scoop, as I knew resistance in futile in your case! :bigsmile:

And I bet the simple solitaire setting will not be that simple afterall.

DK :bigsmile:

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium
WooooHooo, I LOVE the purple garnet!!!! Are you going to the US to get the MW in person?

Stone Hunter

Ideal_Rock
Premium
You have been busy! GREAT new rings, again. You really do have a skill for picking lovely stones and then getting them into the right settings. Thanks for sharing all of these photos with us. :appl:

Lovinggems

Ideal_Rock
Acinom I am interested in hearing your thoughts on DK's melee work. I bought a keshi pearl and I want to set it in red gold with multi row pave. I'll need your help regarding metal colours and designs, thank you. :bigsmile:

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
DK: thank you for liking the blue topaz. I do not have a simple solitaire yet and I am craving for one... Mainly inspired by the Trueste and the 'Boston Jeff'.

Arkieb: thank you!! And no, MW will send the ring to my jeweller in Antwerp and I will collect it there. Would love to go to the US again. Perhaps next year.

Stone Hunter: aww, thank you for your kind words. I am enjoying my projects before the Big Ban begins.

Lovinggems: till sofar my DK rings do not have melee. Will let you know what I think when my Asscher topaz is ready. Have you posted pics somewhere of your new pearl purchase? If not, please post some pics here. Would love to see it. In theory the combination with RG and pave sounds really good.

Lovinggems

Ideal_Rock

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Lovinggems|1439945519|3916217 said:
Thank you Acinom, I'll be most interested in hearing your views on DK's pave work.
Here is my thread
[URL='https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/fiji-j-hunter-pearls.215452/#post-3916215#p3916215']https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/fiji-j-hunter-pearls.215452/#post-3916215#p3916215[/URL]

I want to post in Colored Stones as here gets more views than the Pearl section, but I probably won't incorporate gemstones into the design.

I already posted it in your pearl thread, but I got to say it again: your new pearl acquisitions are stunning!!

Will post some pics of my DK ring. It's ready!!!

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
My David Klass blingytaire with natural blue topaz by Doug Menadue is ready!!!!

The setting is made in solid platinum weighing 9.3 grams, set with .55cts of G color VS clarity single cut diamonds, size 6.
I am thrilled with the outcome and love the contrast of the blue step cut stone with single cut melee.

_33443.jpg

_33444.jpg

_33445.jpg

_33446.jpg

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Stone specs: Natural Blue Topaz, Asscher Cut, 10.94x10.94x9.11mm, 8.32ct

It's quite a deep stone and I am so curious to see it in real life. Especially how it sits on my finger.

_33447.jpg

_33448.jpg

_33449.jpg

_33450.jpg

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It will look gorgeous with your skin tone.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results