carat
color
clarity

#JOTW Acinom's colors

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
dk168 said:
The peacock sapphire does not thrill me as much as his blue zircons posted on 06 Oct 2014, it is not a stone I would purchase even if I had the money to spare. Therefore, I shall stick to my plans for a 6ct+ aqua and a sizeable blue zircon for next year.

DK :))
I love it that you always have a clear vision to what you want DK, for example your preference for softer/lighter blues.
Your future aqua and zircon will be amazing.

arkieb1 said:
Maybe we should all be enablers and talk you into buying one :naughty: after all the big ban has not officially started yet.... :whistle:
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Update: wax model for the natural topaz ring
Pfoeh... with enablers like Arkieb around, I am glad to be able to focus on existing gemstone projects, like the natural topaz ring. I just received the photo's of the wax from David. I do not see anything that needs to be changed? Please let me know if you see anything.

_32655.jpg

_32656.jpg

_32657.jpg

_32658.jpg

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Asschers are relatively deep and this Asccher topaz is no exception. As far as I can see the ring looks balanced, also because of the cathedral. Platinum will be used and David will use single cuts and add milgrain.

_32659.jpg

_32660.jpg

_32661.jpg

_32662.jpg

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
My yellow Danburite will be set soon! The 4 layer option looks way too high and now we are going back to 3 layers after all.

_32752.jpg

_32753.jpg

_32754.jpg

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yay to 3 layers and I voted for 3.

Siameseroo

Brilliant_Rock
The Aqua ring looks lovely, I can tell that it will be simple yet classic and beautifully made.

Oh no I voted for the 4 layers - I didn't realise how high it would be. Looking forward to seeing your ring!

Lovinggems

Ideal_Rock
How much higher is the bezel than the danburite?

S

SparkliesLuver

I too think 3 layers is the right decision for that ring, Acinom. Anxious to see how it progresses now. :D

And the aqua ring...it'll be spectacular when the details are added! :appl:

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I voted for 4 layers as well but I assumed it mean cutting an existing (bottom) layer in half not adding another layer to the top.... If 3 makes it less tall then that is going to be better!!!

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Excited to see both projects completed! I love the 3 layers for the Danburite, it's perfect without being overly "tall". :appl:

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
arkieb1|1438092833|3908288 said:
I voted for 4 layers as well but I assumed it mean cutting an existing (bottom) layer in half not adding another layer to the top.... If 3 makes it less tall then that is going to be better!!!
Same

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you for chiming in DK, Ricezo, Lovinggems, Sparkliesluver, Arkieb, Lovedogs and Niel!

DK: you were so right! I assumed the 4 layer construction would become the same height as the 3 layer construction, but apparantly I was wrong...

Ricezo: thank you for already liking the topaz ring. I am looking forward to see yet another well made DK ring come to live.
I cannot wait to see the final outcome of the Danburite ring. I am now slowly getting used to fully trusting jewellers like Victor or getting detailed CAD drawing from vendors like David. The people at Marc Williams are very nice and accommodating though! It's great to work with them.

Lovinggems: I do not know to be honest, but I did ask for a low as possible profile without the culet of the Danburite scratching my finger.

Sparkliesluver: thank you for liking the Topaz ring! The Trueste in tuxedo you called it?
I cannot wait for a new update from Marc Williams regarding the Danburite ring.

Arkieb and Niel: I agree with you. I chose 4 layers to avoid one extra thick lower bezel, but the assistant mentioned that the height would be the same. As it turns out now, the 3 layer version can be lowered.

Lovedogs: thank you! Will post a new update when I receive more news from Marc Williams.

_32769.jpg

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Electric blue topaz in Victor Canera setting - UPDATE
Victor sent me an email last night and he mentioned that he has made a start with the twisted Emilya setting for my Electric Blue Topaz. Yay!!! This was planned as an end of year project so in any case it will take a while before I have the ring on my finger. This is the fourth time I am working with Victor and I am looking forward to see how this project will evolve.

I requested full cut melee for the halo because of the 'modern classic' appearance of the ring. What do you think? Is it better to opt for single cuts instead?

_32770.jpg

_32771.jpg

_32772.jpg

_32773.jpg

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I vote for full cut melees as the stone is more of a brilliant cut.

Looking forward to seeing the finished ring.

mochiko42

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Acinom|1438101060|3908342 said:
Electric blue topaz in Victor Canera setting - UPDATE
Victor sent me an email last night and he mentioned that he has made a start with the twisted Emilya setting for my Electric Blue Topaz. Yay!!! This was planned as an end of year project so in any case it will take a while before I have the ring on my finger. This is the fourth time I am working with Victor and I am looking forward to see how this project will evolve.

I requested full cut melee for the halo because of the 'modern classic' appearance of the ring. What do you think? Is it better to opt for single cuts instead?

I vote for full cuts, too, or whatever Victor recommends. :)

mochiko42

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Acinom|1437708029|3906811 said:
Asschers are relatively deep and this Asccher topaz is no exception. As far as I can see the ring looks balanced, also because of the cathedral. Platinum will be used and David will use single cuts and add milgrain.

That's going to be a spectacular ring, Acinom. I can't wait to see it. :)

aussiejamie

Shiny_Rock
Trade
I love that gemstone and beautifully cut by Mr Menadue! Full of life. Setting is gorgeous also! Love your taste Acinom.

S

SparkliesLuver

I vote for full cut melee, too. :) The color of the stone is going to be spectacular with your skin tone, Acinom! :appl: Gorgeous indeed. Do you have any other views of the ring? Profile, maybe? Just curious what it looks like.

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you Mochiko, Aussiejamie & Sparkliesluver :wavey:

Mochiko: thank you for your vote regarding the melee for the Victor ring. The ring that David is creating for the natural blue topaz will have single cut melee and milgrain for a vintage twist. Do you have any ideas yet how you will set the twin natural topaz stone from Doug? I am looking forward to see what you will decide for your stone. I love your taste in jewelry.

Aussiejamie: thank you!! I love Doug's work. He is also a very nice person to work with.

Sparkliesluver: thanks for your vote! It confirms what I was thinking for this ring. I did ask Victor for more views of the inspiration ring but unfortunately he does not have any. It will have the same profile as the classic 2 sided halo Emilya. So no cathedral!! Which is new to me, since I usually have a huge preference for cathedral shanks.

_32794.jpg

_32795.jpg

_32796.jpg

mns12

Shiny_Rock
Hi!
Too funny. This is one of the first times I have popped over to CS and I opened your thread (always interested in what projects you have going on) and was confused at first b/c I saw my pics on the last post:) Of course I do not mind! You are going to have yet another stunning ring :love: I can not wait to see it!!

FWIW I opted for single cuts for this Emilya halo for something different. My previous Emilya was full cuts and I don't know that I can really tell the difference yet. I'm sure some of the experts can tho.

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
mns12|1438185394|3908672 said:
Hi!
Too funny. This is one of the first times I have popped over to CS and I opened your thread (always interested in what projects you have going on) and was confused at first b/c I saw my pics on the last post:) Of course I do not mind! You are going to have yet another stunning ring :love: I can not wait to see it!!

FWIW I opted for single cuts for this Emilya halo for something different. My previous Emilya was full cuts and I don't know that I can really tell the difference yet. I'm sure some of the experts can tho.

Yay!! Thank you for your message mns12 :wavey: I also find it confusing to see one of my rings posted in a different thread.
I did not realise that your beautiful ring has single cuts! My Dipped in Diamond Sugar ring has single cuts as well. I wonder if I can see the difference if I see the two side by side. I am thinking about adding a matching pave band or plain polished band. Will decide once I have the ring on my finger.

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Precision Gem Danburite meets Marc Williams - UPDATE
Received some pre-setting pics. To my eyes this height looks more balanced. Still quite high but I love the warmth and luxury this ring radiates. I am looking forward to see it set and to wear this ring.
Thank you for sharing your advice and views on the prior 4-layer version.

_32799.jpg

_32800.jpg

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
... the Danburite is currently been set!!!

_32802.jpg

Lovinggems

Ideal_Rock
Beautiful, love the rich golden colors.

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Danburite ring update
Not yet finished, but almost there! I love how the shape of the bezel reflects the 10-sided round shape of the stone. I was anxious to see what they would do to reflect the unique shape of the stone and I love the look. Great craftmanship by Marc Williams!!!

_32862.jpg

_32863.jpg

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
God I'm so happy he did that to the bezel. Can you tell I'm anxiously awaiting this one??

I love the bezel choice there!

gemandjewelrylover

Shiny_Rock
Acinom|1430397725|3870027 said:
SparkliesLuver|1430395911|3870021 said:
Acinom said:
Update: my cab Paraiba ring is ready. I love the outcome!! Will take a while before I get it though. I've asked David to send the ring in a few weeks as I will travel to the Caribbean first.

Yay!! :dance: But Acinom, you must at least share something! I don't think I can wait a few weeks. ;)) :lol: Have fun in the Caribbean!

Whahaha! Well, I will share the pics then. Especially since you have all helped me when I was so indecisive!!

Here she is:

Oh, my, I love these photos! Very artistic shots of a beautiful ring. Amazing sugarloaf cab!
I don't know how to quote/reply where it shows the original photos – – so I have to upload them again.

_32874.jpg

_32875.jpg

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Aww, thank you gemandjewelrylover :wavey:
Those are the vendor/glamour shots by David Klass. I love how he plays with props to give every photo and jewelry piece a unique and personalized look.
I am wearing the ring today and I made a non glamorous blurry pic:

_32877.jpg

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Niel|1438379710|3909559 said:
God I'm so happy he did that to the bezel. Can you tell I'm anxiously awaiting this one??

Marc did magic to the bezel Niel. I am so glad you pointed me in the MW direction. I love the unique look of his jewelry.
Is there a Marc Williams piece in your future too?

_32878.jpg

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Acinom|1438425303|3909710 said:
Niel|1438379710|3909559 said:

Marc did magic to the bezel Niel. I am so glad you pointed me in the MW direction. I love the unique look of his jewelry.
Is there a Marc Williams piece in your future too?

One can only hope

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
wow, the bezel looks AMAZING like that! I would never have thought of that, but it's perfect! Can't wait to see it on your finger!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results